• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If there's someone looking for Art Academy Lessons for Everyone, the amazon.ca has it for 20.99. Apparently, it keeps on lowering its price since last week. It was around $28 last week.
Fuck, now I feel like getting this. :S

Preorder The Last of Us at Bestbuy, get $50 off Elite headphones.

gBiFo0W.jpg

Also the email is pimping Watch Dogs hard. But you can't preorder it for next gen systems yet. I wonder if my Preorder from last year can be switched to the PS4 version? Probably not.

Edit: Futureshop and Bestbuy's preorder pages are starting to resemble last years E3 pages. Hopefully they have some awesome preorder deals again. The Wii stuff is great "Mario 3D" "Zelda" "Wii U X" "Mario Kart U"
Is there a coupon for this or something? I don't see this offer on the tlou page or the gamer zone page

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:( I'm serious. I have tsilon and I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Can one of you kind folk offer to walk me through this damn thing?

Ondore

FS/BB highlights:

- Best Buy Crystal White PS3 bundle (500GB, $279.99, 1 year of PS+ included) now includes LBP2 and Playstation All-Stars
- Best Buy also has $5 off Dualshock 3s (sale price $39.99)
- BB: 250GB Xbox comes with Darksiders, Arkham City download and RE6
- BB: $30 off the Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 wireless headset (sale price $189.99)
- BB: $5 off the Skylanders starter pack
- BB: Preorder a Disney Infinity starter pack and get a free figure/disc combo pack

- FS doing same hardware bundles as BB, PS3 has PSAS and Infamous 2, Xbox has Medal of Honor Warfighter instead of Re6, also still including Sonic Racing with Deluxe WiiU bundles
- Same preorder deal for Disney Infinity

Any idea when/where I can pre-order the Animal Crossing 3DS XL?

I've been wanting to upgrade my old 3DS for a while, but wanted a decent colour. I can't hold out much longer, I've been waiting for the bigger screens before starting "Virtues Last Reward".

isny

napkin dispenser

frequency

Any idea when/where I can pre-order the Animal Crossing 3DS XL?

I've been wanting to upgrade my old 3DS for a while, but wanted a decent colour. I can't hold out much longer, I've been waiting for the bigger screens before starting "Virtues Last Reward".

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...7763541216763a783c8fa86en02&SearchPageIndex=1

Also, the game itself is finally up on Best Buy/Future Shop for $34.99
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...df2ca4eff2102ab9beb1200en02&SearchPageIndex=1
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=477041994debfa8ad0ab2baafdb1803aen02

Sweet, thank you! Animal Crossing is definitely a game that would benefit from always being stored on the system.

It's now pre-ordered and I should have it in time for a few work trips I'll be taking this summer.

zroid

Banned
Yesssssssssss Animal Crossing! Based $34.99.

I need to have the physical copy, but I will probably purchase it off the eShop as well later on.

zroid

Banned
I've noticed that lately Future Shop and Best Buy have become a lot better about keeping their sales and prices consistent with each other. No more easy PM abuse, sadly. ;(

KJA

Does anybody know where I can get the best buck for my games? I've looked into trading my copy of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon at EBGames but they're only offering me $15 for it.

I also have a local buyer who wants to buy it off me for $25 but the lowest I would really like to sell it for is for $30.

Thanks.

isny

napkin dispenser
Does anybody know where I can get the best buck for my games? I've looked into trading my copy of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon at EBGames but they're only offering me $15 for it.

I also have a local buyer who wants to buy it off me for $25 but the lowest I would really like to sell it for is for $30.

Thanks.

Retail is only $35, and most of us got it for $35 plus 800 bonus reward zone points, so I don't expect you'll get more than $25 for it.

KJA

Retail is only $35, and most of us got it for $35 plus 800 bonus reward zone points, so I don't expect you'll get more than $25 for it.

Thank you for your response.

I guess I can live myself if I got $25 for it. By the way, the retail price of it was (and still is) $39.99 + applicable taxes. I just thought I could get something a bit higher, due to the fact that it's still relatively new.

isny

napkin dispenser
Thank you for your response.

I guess I can live myself if I got $25 for it. By the way, the retail price of it was (and still is) $39.99 + applicable taxes. I just thought I could get something a bit higher, due to the fact that it's still relatively new.

Is it $39.99? Well in that case, $30 sounds fair. From what I've seen, the value hasn't really held on any 3DS title, so I'm a little more lax when selling them.

Alternatively, you could wait until it's on a trade two for $60 or trade one for a free game deal at FS and maybe get more out of it that way?

KJA

Is it $39.99? Well in that case, $30 sounds fair. From what I've seen, the value hasn't really held on any 3DS title, so I'm a little more lax when selling them.

Alternatively, you could wait until it's on a trade two for $60 or trade one for a free game deal at FS and maybe get more out of it that way?

I don't really have games to trade in, other than a sealed copy of New Super Mario Bros. U (which I can probably sell for at least $50 anyways). I'll just sell it for $25 so I can reduce the amount that I paid for it on my credit card.

Thanks again for your advice.

LakeEarth

Got my 3DS XL at Shoppers today, 20x points means nearly enough points for $60. It was also $20 off today, so it is like I got it for $180 with a $60 gift card. Pretty cool.

But boy Luigi's Mansion was hard to find. It was in the Shopper's flyer, but I went to 4 Shoppers, 2 Wal-Marts, a Target and an EB Games before I finally found a physical copy. Must be people getting the free game deal at the last minute.

Yawnier

Banned
Looks like Future Shop has some games on sale for PS3 (assuming 360 as well?) this weekend, mostly $20 off.

Doom 3 BFG - $10
DmC - $30
Sleeping Dogs - $20
Mass Effect Trilogy- $40

zroid

Banned
Future Shop's doing an online sale tonight. Doesn't seem here's a 10% off all games deal as they used to have. Too bad, I would have liked to combine that with my tsilon code for TLOU.

Hanzou

There was a chrome extension mentioned in here a while back that allowed you to view content restricted to americans only, what was the name of that ? Was it Hola?

Returners

Looks like Future Shop has some games on sale for PS3 (assuming 360 as well?) this weekend, mostly $20 off.

Doom 3 BFG - $10
DmC - $30
Sleeping Dogs - $20
Mass Effect Trilogy- $40

Are these part of the after hours sale?

I mean BFG is tempting but it's already OOS.

lupin23rd

Just moved into a new place and my parents finally gave me back a bunch of stuff that was sitting in our old house since I was a kid.

Wondering if anyone around Vancouver would be interested in some old gaming magazines?

A jumble of different stuff - EGM, gamePro, GameFan, Game Players, etc... Including some Dengeki Super Famicom and famitsu issues. Most of it from the Super Nintendo days, some as late as DreamCast era.

Fire me a PM if you want to take any of it!

zroid

Banned
I ought to get rid of most of my magazines as well. The only ones I'm really attached to at all are the Nintendo Powers. Expert Gamer in particular needs to go. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Random question - is there a store that sells the Withings wifi scale in Canada without needing to have it shipped/ordered online?

lupin23rd

I ought to get rid of most of my magazines as well. The only ones I'm really attached to at all are the Nintendo Powers. Expert Gamer in particular needs to go. :p

A few years ago I sold a few years of NP to some kid for $20. Wonder if I could have gotten more.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, I forgot I was going to give some of my old mags to someone in TorontoGAF. I never got around to organizing them all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I am tempted to get a ps3 but knowing ps4 is coming out soon is stopping me...gahhh i don't know what to do.
Well, since PS4 isn't backwards compatible, there's no reason to wait if there's something you want to play now.

Although you would assume that they'd drop the price of the PS3 whenever the PS4 comes out.

Takuya

Banned
So far it has just been EBGames, but I would keep checking Amazon too. Amazon.com got it listed later than GameStop.com.

As for what "Not Available" means, it was put up last week and sold out quickly. But it has been momentarily available for order again from time to time. So I would keep checking.

They removed it from the website.

SickBoy

Thanks.

Wow. I traded it in earlier in the week at EB for $20. They have a bunch of promos where they'll give you 30-40% extra, too... but that was just the base value for me (nothing right now that screams to be purchased). I might've gone a different route (kijiji, etc.), but it was decent value and I paid $20+tax for it, so I didn't think it was worth the extra legwork.

KJA

Wow. I traded it in earlier in the week at EB for $20. They have a bunch of promos where they'll give you 30-40% extra, too... but that was just the base value for me (nothing right now that screams to be purchased). I might've gone a different route (kijiji, etc.), but it was decent value and I paid $20+tax for it, so I didn't think it was worth the extra legwork.

I managed to sell the game to another buyer for $30 yesterday. I don't usually like to trade-in my games to stores like EBGames or Best Buy, only because I prefer getting cash rather than getting in-store credit.

It definitely takes a little bit more of legwork (and patience) to find the right buyer, especially when the first buyer refuses to respond to your emails, but I think it's worth it when you're trying to get a fair price out of your games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom