• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaaan

PM me your email.

Thanks for the Invite! I finally got around to making an account and got to Level 10....but man is this all overwhelming. So to complete challenges, I need to do whatever it asks, take a pic or the achievement along with my userID, upload it to something like imgur and then send it in?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So just an update on trying to price match Xillia at Best Buy via the Amazon pre-order price:

"no it doesn't"

"let me check....oh you're right derp"

*sigh*

This is the response I got:

As we strive to provide our customers with the lowest prices we adjust all pre-orders to the lowest advertised price, between the time your order was placed and the release date, automatically when the order leaves our shipping facilities.

At this time we are not able to price match the Tales of Xillia (PlayStation 3) with Amazon.ca as the product is currently a Pre-order. Should you find a lower advertised price within 30 days of the date the item ships please contact us back with a copy of the advertised price and we would be happy to adjust the price in accordance with our Price Beat Promise.

So... umm... how do I convince them that it's okay to price match a preorder?

Can I just tell them that I know someone else who did it? lol

Just chiming in to say that Amazon, is freaking awesome.
3AQmK.gif

zroid

Banned
So just an update on trying to price match Xillia at Best Buy via the Amazon pre-order price:

lol, their inconsistency is astounding.

I dunno, I would just place the order and give them a call. If they won't do it, maybe try again tomorrow. Eventually you'll either get it, or in a worst case scenario you can just cancel and actually keep your Amazon pre-order, I guess.

Lexxism

I dunno, I would just place the order and give them a call. If they won't do it, maybe try again tomorrow. Eventually you'll either get it, or in a worst case scenario you can just cancel and actually keep your Amazon pre-order, I guess.

I agree on this one. Try placing an order tomorrow and call them about the price match. If they still don't want to do a price match, just cancel the order and just get the amazon one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I agree on this one. Try placing an order tomorrow and call them about the price match. If they still don't want to do a price match, just cancel the order and just get the amazon one.

God damnit. :/ lol

zroid

Banned
Yes! Animal Crossing was added to Best Buy's 800rz list. That makes it $34.99 with 800rz. :D

pre-ordering now~

Wow, I bought it at release and still haven't read it. :(

Yes I have a book backlog.

I know, me too. :( To be honest I don't want to open the book because I'm afraid of molesting it with page creases and fingerprints. Maybe I should take advantage of this sale to get a "reading copy". :p

zroid

Banned
How much is the shipping?

I'm not sure but with Chapters it's usually better if you order $25 worth to get free shipping. If you want, I think you can just order something else as filler and then return it at a store.

Wow, their shipping sucks.
Luckily my local Indigo has 19 copies, apparently. I'll pick one up tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads up!

Careful, I don't think online prices apply in-store with Chapters/Indigo. Stores usually stick to cover prices, unless it's on clearance or something. This is technically a sale though, so it might work...

Astra

Careful, I don't think online prices apply in-store with Chapters/Indigo. Stores usually stick to cover prices, unless it's on clearance or something. This is technically a sale though, so it might work...

I'll take a look, and hopefully it'll be on sale in-store as well. If not, I'll order it online, and choose to ship it to the store for free and wait the extra week.

KJA

Yes! Animal Crossing was added to Best Buy's 800rz list. That makes it $34.99 with 800rz. :D

pre-ordering now~

Damn it. I already pre-ordered my copy of Animal Crossing at Best Buy before they advertised they were giving away 800 RZ points. Should I worry about cancelling my current order and making a new one or should I just leave it alone? I really don't know...

frequency

How do the reward zone certificates work anyway? Just print it out on a normal piece of paper, cut it out, and give it to the cashier at check out?

I just realised I've let a lot of them in the past expire...

isny

napkin dispenser
How do the reward zone certificates work anyway? Just print it out on a normal piece of paper, cut it out, and give it to the cashier at check out?

I just realised I've let a lot of them in the past expire...

Yup, and then they take x amount of dollars off of your purchase.

zroid

Banned
Damn it. I already pre-ordered my copy of Animal Crossing at Best Buy before they advertised they were giving away 800 RZ points. Should I worry about cancelling my current order and making a new one or should I just leave it alone? I really don't know...

You're safe!

zroid

Banned
Cool. Cool, Cool, Cool.

BTW, it's too bad that we can't use reward zone certificates online or exchange them for giftcards. It's ridiculous how convenient online shopping is.

Strictly speaking you can't... but in reality you can. If you buy something with RZ certs and return it, the value of the certs used will be refunded on a gift card. I do it sometimes. :p

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Is it so hard for one of the worst games to drop down to $29.99 or less. Damn Activision. I need to get Family Guy Back to the Multiverse but I'm not paying $40 for this pos.

krae_man

Is it so hard for one of the worst games to drop down to $29.99 or less. Damn Activision. I need to get Family Guy Back to the Multiverse but I'm not paying $40 for this pos.

That was one of my Tsilon E3 codes. I think I played the game for an hour before I put it away and never touched it again.

khaaan

Don't see it posted yet, and I don't know if anyone actually takes advantage of trade-in deals at Gamestop but:

-30% extra trade-in credit towards Soul Sacrifice, April 30 Only
-20% extra trade-in credit towards Metro Last Night, Grid 2, Remember Me, Tales of Xillia, and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
-PS3 Pre-order of Diablo 3 nets you a double sided poster and something called an Infernal Helm

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Wow. Indigo retail won't match their own site. "Separate entities". Fuck.

I absolutely hate indigo for this reason. I'm often near a retail indigo store but can never buy anything because the prices are so damn high and they wont even match their own online prices. Crazy.

zroid

Banned
:(

That is indeed the problem with Chapters/Indigo. Only things worth buying from them in-store usually are clearance items and paperbacks. You could still buy $25 worth from the site and get free shipping. I'm pretty sure you can return everything but Hyrule Historia if you want (at a store), and you'd have effectively gotten it with free shipping.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wow. Indigo retail won't match their own site. "Separate entities". Fuck.
I remember when Future Shop was the same way back in 2001. I went into the store to buy something that was cheaper on their own site and they refused because they said I'd have to pay the shipping charges because I'd have to do the same on their site. I walked away.

Jessicat

Not sure if this was mentioned before/worth mentioning, but Staples has Kid Icarus: Uprising for $29.99; I had a gift card from heck-knows-when ago that I used to buy it so I kinda got it free since it wasn't my money :B Just a note that in-store you need to tell the cashier about the online sale, it still rings up as $39.99 there [gift cards can't be used in their online store for some stupid reason, else I could've saved myself the bus fare too ;>>] I think I'm the only person who doesn't own KU:I yet, but just incase XD

There's a bunch of other games on sale in their online store too, dunno if those are just old titles or not, maybe you'll find a good deal:
http://www.staples.ca/en/Gaming/cat_CG2602_2-CA_1_20001

Also, I think this version I have is bilingual o_O Been a while since I got one of these, wonder if it's dual audio too, lol

Astra

I placed my order for Hyrule Historia with Indigo. Bought two for the free shipping, and will either return it, or someone I know can give me $15 and have it.

Should have checked Amazon beforehand though, since they have it even cheaper, and I could have had it in two days!

Just a warning about Hyrule Historia, if you don't already have every Zelda game, this book will cause you to end up buying every Zelda game....so that $15 can snowball real fast. Luckily I had most of them already...now if they would only release the Oracle games on the N.A. E-shop, I would be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom