• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaaan

So is the sale price $30 or $10? I looked through their online flyer and couldn't find any indication that MGR is on sale at all.

Ondore

Confirmed.

Flyer stuff from FS/BB:
Both FS and BB
250GB PS3 bundle includes Uncharted 3 GOTY, Dust 514, 1mo PS+, and $50 GC - $269.99
Xbox 360 Spring Value Bundle $299.99 - 250GB system incl. Darksiders 2, Batman: Arkham City download, headset and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
3DS (original) $169.99 incl Starfox 64 3D and Crosswords Plus

Futureshop
Buy Dead Island Riptide ($49.99), Injustice ($59.99), Castlevania 3DS ($39.99), Monster Hunter Ultimate ($39.99), Lego City Undercover ($49.99), or MLB2K13 ($59.99) and get $10 off a June game
Defiance $49.99 ($10 off) + $10 off a June game
MGS: Revengeance $29.99 + $10 off a June game
Tomb Raider LE Xbox 360 Controller $49.99
Deluxe WiiU $349.99 incl Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
WiiU Charge Station $24.99

Best Buy
Defiance $49.99
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance $29.99
PSVita Assassin's Creed Liberation bundle $249.99 incl Reality Fighters
Dual Shock 3 $39.99
Preorder DKCR3D, Remember Me, The Last of Us, Splinter Cell Blacklist (PS3/360), Tales of Xillia or Lost Planet 3 and get 800 RZ points

Sweet, I'll be going back to Future Shop to get my week-old copy of Defiance price protected. I had a feeling it'd be dropping soon. Really enjoying the game so far, getting it for the equivalent of $40 is a steal.

daevv

Sweet, I'll be going back to Future Shop to get my week-old copy of Defiance price protected. I had a feeling it'd be dropping soon. Really enjoying the game so far, getting it for the equivalent of $40 is a steal.

I want the digital PS3 version to drop in price. Seems like the perfect quick play game to have right on my 500gb hard drive ie: Warhawk .

Kazerei

Banned
GAF, I am feeling generous today. I ordered a copy of Hyrule Historia from Amazon and they accidentally sent me two copies. So does anyone in Kitchenerloo want a free copy of Hyrule Historia? Just PM me.

Edit: taken?

krae_man

Not sure if this has been posted or not but Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Lumines Electronic Symphony for Vita are $10 at WalMart. I found them in the discount game rack with $25 stickers but decided to see what they scan at and they scan in at $9.83 or so.

Edit Asphalt too but that game is ass apparently.

Edit 2: also Rayman Origins.

Tiktaalik

Looks like it's time for me to pick up Revengence. Is there a consensus definitive version to pick up? (If this is opening a can of worms then forget I asked...)

BadWolf

Don't want to ask in the OT because of spoilers but is it possible to customize your controls in Revengeance or are the controls set in stone like in Bayonetta?

Magnus

Oh, nice Revengeance price!

I think I'm finally in the camp of waiting to play for most games these days. Huge deals to be had.

Question: Great deals on external hard drives? HELP

Gadirok

That MGR price is really good. I have no interest in the game though even after playing the demo.

I wasn't particularly fond of Vanquish either, so I guess I should avoid the game until it hits $15-$20ish.

That $10 coupon though is tempting, though I can't really think of any game I would like to purchase in June besides the last of us, which I would rather wait for a deal as well.

Yawnier

Banned
Might pick up Revengeance since I'll be done MGS4 soon.

Only thing that makes me not want to buy it is that I have heard that it is quite short.

zroid

Banned
MGR isn't a long game, but it's almost endlessly replayable at multiple difficulty levels. its brevity has been wildly overstated.

ohlawd

Picked up MGR earlier. Been waiting forever. Too bad I'm on a budget, otherwise I would have full price for this Platinum goodness.

Will have to look for my receipt though. Totally forgot about the 10 dollar June thing and threw it in the recycling >_<

Gadirok

Picked up MGR earlier. Been waiting forever. Too bad I'm on a budget, otherwise I would have full price for this Platinum goodness.

Will have to look for my receipt though. Totally forgot about the 10 dollar June thing and threw it in the recycling >_<

What.

I never throw my receipts out incase they have something with them. Usually stick them inside the packaging it came with (for games inside the cases) just incase something happens. Its never a bad thing to be too safe.

Its also fun to do some recounts on how much I spent on video games since I picked up my PS3, which wasn't a pretty sum, once I took into account PSvita and 3DS purchases. PS3 definitely eats up the majority of my gaming purchases.

ohlawd

What.

I never throw my receipts out incase they have something with them. Usually stick them inside the packaging it came with (for games inside the cases) just incase something happens. Its never a bad thing to be too safe.

Its also fun to do some recounts on how much I spent on video games since I picked up my PS3, which wasn't a pretty sum, once I took into account PSvita and 3DS purchases. PS3 definitely eats up the majority of my gaming purchases.

Just a bad habit I have from always throwing away receipts when I eat out.

Gadirok

Just a bad habit I have from always throwing away receipts when I eat out.

I usually throw food/restaurant receipts out as soon as I get them. They aren't worth disputing unless its a major error amount and I've never run into problems with them.

I usually tend to keep retail purchase receipts for awhile though until I realize I've kept them for too long and have to waste time ripping all of them apart.

DJ_Lae

What.

I'm bad with most receipts (I record totals for budgeting purposes) but with games and electronics I throw them in the case or staple them to the manual and file those away.

That MGR price is really good. I have no interest in the game though even after playing the demo.

I wasn't particularly fond of Vanquish either, so I guess I should avoid the game until it hits $15-$20ish.

After reading things like "I have no interest in the game though even after playing the demo" I never expect to read next "I guess I should avoid the game until it hits $15-$20ish".

Why not "I guess I should avoid the game since I have no interest in the game even after playing the demo"?

I am just curious, not picking on you! =)

Socreges

Banned
After reading things like "I have no interest in the game though even after playing the demo" I never expect to read next "I guess I should avoid the game until it hits $15-$20ish".

Why not "I guess I should avoid the game since I have no interest in the game even after playing the demo"?

I am just curious, not picking on you! =)
I've always found that strange, too. Even if a game is $5, I'm not buying it unless I'm fairly confident that it'd be worth my time to play. It's more about the time investment than the money.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but I was in Future Shop yesterday (Kanata Centrum), and they had the Madden Vita bundle for $149.95. No memory card included, but that's still a decent deal.

krae_man

not a big deal or anything but anyone know why i get taxed on demand games on 3DS but on PSN i dont (same Canadian options &card etc)

Sony stopped charging tax right after the store went up post hack. At first I thought they just screwed up when rebuilding the store, but the new store still doesn't charge tax.

So your guess is as good as mine as to why they don't.

daevv

gameacess.ca has Max Payne 3 (360) on for $8.72= $2.99 shipping today. If they have enough copies they switch to the PS3 version around midnight.

LINK

zroid

Banned
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is up for pre-order at BB and FS. $39.99 and no promotions to speak of. :(

edit: Mario Party 3DS as well

zroid

Banned
They also have Bravely Default as well.

I literally squealed when I saw this :lol

Other new games to pre-order from FS/BB:
- Shin Megami Tensei IV
- Yoshi's Island 3DS
- Tearaway
- Muramasa Rebirth Limited Edition
- Dragon's Crown (PS3 version listed for $39.99)

And then I realized my previous post was off-topic. Anyway, ebgames.ca has the Xillia Collector's Edition page up again. Does this mean they're planning to have it available for preorder again? It was down a few days ago...

DJ_Lae

And then I realized my previous post was off-topic. Anyway, ebgames.ca has the Xillia Collector's Edition page up again. Does this mean they're planning to have it available for preorder again? It was down a few days ago...

They look to be the same model from what I can see, only difference is the extra lens is different (75-300 vs 55-250) and the Costco bundle includes a bunch of crap (seriously, a shirt?).

Not worth an extra $150. The only useful bundled thing is the memory card and you can get one of those dirt cheap.

edit - oh weird, I must have hit quote right after you edited. I wouldn't consider it off-topic, god knows ISP conversations pop up here once in a while and we did discuss pillow deals a while back too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom