• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Oh yeah, Dragon's Crown PS3 is still $39.99 at Best Buy and Future Shop. Amazon raised it back up to $49.99, so now might be a good time to get in your pre-orders. No confirmation yet if they will have the art book bonus, but I'm guessing it'll probably be a universal first printing deal.

Ondore

Other FS/BB stuff:

Both
250GB Xbox 360 console w/Arkham City, Darksiders 2 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter (FS)/Resident Evil 6 (BB) $299.99
250GB PS3 bundle w/Dust 514, Uncharted 3 GOTY, Playstation All Stars, 30 days PS+ $269.99
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (WiiU) $19.99
Turtle Beach XP400 EarForce headset $189.99 ($30 off) - other gaming headsets $10 off
Trade 2 games get $60 GC
Tiger Woods 14 $49.99 ($10 off)
Skyrim price drop - $29.99
Dishonored price drop - $39.99
NHL13 $39.99
WoW Battle Chest (original, Burning Crusade, Lich King) $19.99 includes Cataclysm
WoW Mists of Panderia $29.99

Best Buy:
3DS (original) w/Lego Batman 2 $169.99
Preorder select games for 800 Reward Zone pts

FutureShop:
Wii Mini $99.99 - Includes Just Dance 3
No mention of the Trade 2 for $70 off 3DS original + $40 GC

Hopefully this doesn't violate thread rules (if it does, I'll delete this right away), but:

If anyone is looking for some rare(ish)/imported Vita games (DJMax Technika Tune, New Little King's Story, and a few others), I'm looking to sell or trade over in the Buy/Sell/Trade Thread.

daevv

My PS4 fund just grew!

I just got back from EB Games and used their trade 7 (min $3 value) and get an extra $30 added to the total promo. I traded in 21 games I had already finished and had sitting on my shelf. I ended up with $200 exactly which is almost $10 each. The same price I was trying to sell them for locally.

My PS4 fund just grew!

I just got back from EB Games and used their trade 7 (min $3 value) and get an extra $30 added to the total promo. I traded in 21 games I had already finished and had sitting on my shelf. I ended up with $200 exactly which is almost $10 each. The same price I was trying to sell them for locally.

Yeah, I ended up with $200 from a few trades earlier this week.

I have $470 in credit at EB that is spread across several game preorders but I eventually plan to move all of that to a PS4.

I also have another $470 in credit at Future Shop and another $200 saved in cash.

I'm ready for Next Gen.

My PS4 fund just grew!

Nicely done. I'm doing the same with Future Shop -- taking advantage of the Trade 2, get $60 deals. I was up to $440, but I just used some of that towards a 3DS XL. I should be able to replenish by the time the PS4 comes out.

krae_man

Other FS/BB stuff:

Both
250GB Xbox 360 console w/Arkham City, Darksiders 2 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter (FS)/Resident Evil 6 (BB) $299.99
250GB PS3 bundle w/Dust 514, Uncharted 3 GOTY, Playstation All Stars, 30 days PS+ $269.99
Turtle Beach XP400 EarForce headset $189.99 ($30 off) - other gaming headsets $10 off
Trade 2 games get $60 GC
NHL13 $39.99
WoW Battle Chest (original, Burning Crusade, Lich King) $19.99 includes Cataclysm

Best Buy:

FutureShop:

I just got an email that says it. Can't seem to find anywhere that says what the trade in conditions are however. The $40 giftcard gets auto applied online and if you do in store pickup you can get a $10 gift card on top.

Orca

I noticed the Walmart here has taken the big bin of '$15 and up' games and separated them into two shelved units. The last time they did that was the $1 game sale a couple years ago, when they dropped the prices to clear inventory.

Can't say for sure they'll do it again, but I'll be dropping by regularly to check. Helps that the new workplace is less than a minute from the Walmart :D

MarkusRJR

is there any retailers (or online shops that support payment via PayPal) that are taking pre orders for the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle apart from EB Games? Three of the people that work at my local one are assholes from my old high school, so I'd rather avoid EB Games.

zroid

Banned
is there any retailers (or online shops that support payment via PayPal) that are taking pre orders for the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle apart from EB Games? Three of the people that work at my local one are assholes from my old high school, so I'd rather avoid EB Games.

Best Buy and Future Shop aren't taking pre-orders in-store AFAIK, but if you go on June 9th morning, you'll probably be able to get one.

Can't you just order online from EBgames?

isny

napkin dispenser
Can't you just order online from EBgames?

His question is a little confusing, but what he's asking for is either somewhere online to order it that accepts paypal, presumably because he doesn't have a credit card, or a retail store, besides EB, to preorder at.

I'm trying to sell my MacBook 13-inch (with Apple Care left for 15 months), but Craigslist is getting me no replies and Kijiji is getting me either US scammers, traders (for ridiculous things) or low ballers. What's the best way to go about for selling this. It's for Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Kitchener or Waterloo area. Thanks for any help!

I'm trying to sell my MacBook 13 I ch (with Apple Care left for 15 months), but Craigslist is getting me no replies and Kijiji is getting me either US scammers, traders (for ridiculous things) or low ballers. What's the best way to go about for selling this. It's for Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Kitchener or Waterloo area. Thanks for any help!
RFD

isny

napkin dispenser
Other FS/BB stuff:

Both
Trade 2 games get $60 GC
NHL13 $39.99

Best Buy:

FutureShop:

Has anyone mentioned bogo 40% off at TRU? Seems like a good deal to me.

Did anyone here do that Sony PSN settlement where you get a free PS3 game or 3 months of PS+ at half price? I just mailed in my form today (from Vancouver -> Toronto) and I'm wondering how long I'm going to expect to wait before I get my PS+ discount?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Does it have to be PS3 game, can it be a vita? I have yet to mail it in.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone (3DS) for $20 at Shoppers. I saw this today in Winnipeg and got the game. I know it's around 23 bucks on Amazon but a $3 save is still a save. :D

EDIT: Apparently the deal is valid until May 14.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did anyone here do that Sony PSN settlement where you get a free PS3 game or 3 months of PS+ at half price? I just mailed in my form today (from Vancouver -> Toronto) and I'm wondering how long I'm going to expect to wait before I get my PS+ discount?
They haven't even announced the end date yet, since it has to be finalized, so I would assume they won't start processing them until then?

Does it have to be PS3 game, can it be a vita? I have yet to mail it in.
It's a list of games that is basically similar to the ones that were offered during the Welcome Back program.

What's different is that you can choose to have your wallet balance emptied out and returned to you if you haven't logged on since the attack and you can get money back if you were a Netflix subscriber during the outage.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
They haven't even announced the end date yet, since it has to be finalized, so I would assume they won't start processing them until then?

It's a list of games that is basically similar to the ones that were offered during the Welcome Back program.

What's different is that you can choose to have your wallet balance emptied out and returned to you if you haven't logged on since the attack and you can get money back if you were a Netflix subscriber during the outage.

I already emptied out my wallet during the Summer Sales last year with Persona 3 PSP, Persona, and Persona 3 FES all being $9 on PSN. Sexy.

I'll just get a good game.

kennah

Do you already have psplus? The deal is for new plus subscribers only

Napophis

Curious if anyone has been able to preorder a PS4 yet? Im in the Toronto Area and haven't found a place, EB response is basically "we don't even know how much it'll cost yet"

Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone (3DS) for $20 at Shoppers. I saw this today in Winnipeg and got the game. I know it's around 23 bucks on Amazon but a $3 save is still a save. :D

EDIT: Apparently the deal is valid until May 14.

Here in Kitchener, the Shoppers around here have had it in their $19.99 bargain bin since the day it came out. Good deal, really. I am a terrible artist and the game has helped improve my abilities.

Sajjaja

Curious if anyone has been able to preorder a PS4 yet? Im in the Toronto Area and haven't found a place, EB response is basically "we don't even know how much it'll cost yet"

They haven't even revealed the console itself or the price. How do you expect to preorder the thing?

zroid

Banned
Think I'll go pick up Sonic. That game looked fun. The Wii U version is supposed to be the best console version too isn't it?

I'm not sure about "best", but since it got patched, it should be at least comparable to the others. Plus there's Off-TV play so that's certainly a benefit.

rofl...ahahahahah you really live in your own little world don't you.....

I'm just echoing what I thought I read on GAF months ago. I didn't follow the game nor do I trust my memory, which is why I asked. So can I ask you whats wrong with it? Or were you just trolling?

I'm not sure about "best", but since it got patched, it should be at least comparable to the others. Plus there's Off-TV play so that's certainly a benefit.

Thanks, assuming its reasonably even with the other versions I have no qualms picking this up.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just echoing what I thought I read on GAF months ago. I didn't follow the game nor do I trust my memory, which is why I asked. So can I ask you whats wrong with it? Or were you just trolling?

Thanks, assuming its reasonably even with the other versions I have no qualms picking this up.

I picked it up for $19.99, downloaded the update and haven't noticed any problems so far. Lots of fun!

SickBoy

Maybe trolling?

Digital Foundry sed:

Putting the strong PC port aside, we'd pin the Wii U version down as the console version to opt for based on flexibility alone.

Apparently, the game runs at a lower native resolution than the 360/PS3 games, but according to their faceoff, it has little impact. Also some lockups when loading multiplayer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sonic-all-star-racing-transformed-face-off

ohlawd

k cool picked up the Sonic Kart Racer Wii U for 20 bucks. Bro is asleep though so I guess I'll surprise him later.

I also picked up a 35 dollar eshop points card. Noticed on my receipt I got 5 bucks off? What's the deal-io with that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom