• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Anyone looking for Ni no Kuni deal? Amazon.ca has it for 39.99.

I literally squealed when I saw this :lol

Other new games to pre-order from FS/BB:
- Shin Megami Tensei IV
- Yoshi's Island 3DS
- Tearaway
- Muramasa Rebirth Limited Edition
- Dragon's Crown (PS3 version listed for $39.99)

I'm still waiting for 800 rz for SMTIV. They also have the book, cd etc right?

They look to be the same model from what I can see, only difference is the extra lens is different (75-300 vs 55-250) and the Costco bundle includes a bunch of crap (seriously, a shirt?).

Not worth an extra $150. The only useful bundled thing is the memory card and you can get one of those dirt cheap.

edit - oh weird, I must have hit quote right after you edited. I wouldn't consider it off-topic, god knows ISP conversations pop up here once in a while and we did discuss pillow deals a while back too.

Oh, thank you! I wanted to make sure anyway! :) And as for the camera; my mom was concerned about the reviews she'd read about the lenses hence the... second thoughts.

(And I always assumed ISP conversations = tied to gaming because of online multiplayer.... )

EDIT: For the SMT IV on BB. I... wouldn't take a chance with them unless they've listed the CD and stuff. (So far, nothing with their listing.... )

zroid

Banned
There shouldn't be anything to worry about, Atlus even says the bonus goodies are for the entire first printing.

d3c2fe16e1c741d18c61949.png

Now I just have to decide if I want the "Prime Coat" or 100 RZ points more. :p

iphys

The regular 3DS is $150 and get a $50 Gift Card at Shoppers Drug Mart from the 11th-16th. They're also doing a regular bonus redemption event on the 11th/12th, but getting the gift card for purchasing with a redemption generally doesn't work unless you get lucky.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's a great price, but I'd still suggest people wait on the XL to hit their price range. It's just so superior in build quality that $50 more seems like a bargain.

Hitman Absolution is $19.99 at Ebgames, Futureshop, etc.

Link

I managed to price match it yesterday at futureshop for $17.99 before they changed it to $19.99 themselves today.

Edit: I think this is a straight up price drop, it's even $19.99 at the local shops now.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed is $19.99 for Wii U at Best Buy and Future Shop. Is it worth it? How's online play, anyone know? Thanks!

zroid

Banned
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed is $19.99 for Wii U at Best Buy and Future Shop. Is it worth it? How's online play, anyone know? Thanks!

hmmm... I'm kind of over kart racers, but having witnessed so much hype for this, it's tempting

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this was mentioned either, but Future Shop has a deal that you trade 2 games in and get $70 off of a 3DS OG, so $99.99. You also get a $40 gift card, so you could get a retail game as well. Good deal!

Oh thanks!

I'll buy it so I have a guaranteed game for when I get a Wii U aside from Nintendoland. Doubtful games will be that cheap by the time I do (in a few months).

Already regret not getting NSMBU for free with $40 of cloths at Old Navy back in November/December, but it was so early. :(

Was just about to post this. Will buy, even though I'm not a huge Sonic fan. I'll probably use Aiai, since I love Super Monkey Ball. The demo was pretty meh, but you can't go wrong for only $19.99.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Was just about to post this. Will buy, even though I'm not a huge Sonic fan. I'll probably use Aiai, since I love Super Monkey Ball. The demo was pretty meh, but you can't go wrong for only $19.99.

I can't speak for the WiiU version, but I love the PS3 version of both sonic racing games. To me it feels like they outdid mario kart in terms of kart racing. And if you have any love for Sega it's a no brainer. Great tracks, music, characters to use, etc.

I can't speak for the WiiU version, but I love the PS3 version of both sonic racing games. To me it feels like they outdid mario kart in terms of kart racing. And if you have any love for Sega it's a no brainer. Great tracks, music, characters to use, etc.
Yeah, but 30fps is very distracting when you're so used to the rock solid framerate of Mario Kart. E3 can't come soon enough. I hope Mario Kart U blows minds.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait, Sonic All Stars is 30fps on consoles? That's unfortunate, but if I saw it anywhere for $20 on 360 I'd pick it up instantly regardless.

If you like kart racers, you should pick it up, it's one of the best ever. Sorta hard even on the easy difficulty, but it's so damn good.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Sonic All Stars is 30fps on consoles? That's unfortunate, but if I saw it anywhere for $20 on 360 I'd pick it up instantly regardless.

If you like kart racers, you should pick it up, it's one of the best ever. Sorta hard even on the easy difficulty, but it's so damn good.

How's online play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom