• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I was browsing around EB today and noticed that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for Wii U was $39.99. Still waiting, but I definitely want a fighter on the Wii U. Waiting for Injustice to drop in price a bit before I decide.

Sajjaja

is vita good? 179.99 seems like a decent price, what are its best games?

joke.png

Soul Sacrifice looks pretty good.

P4G is one of the best games OF ALL TIME. I personally loved Gravity Rush. Uncharted was a solid entry. Agreed about virtues last reward.

If you managed to get Gravity Rush and Uncharted and whatnot for free back when they were available for PS Plus then it's worth it imo. If not...up to you.

zroid

Banned
Yea Soul Sacrifice is pretty good. Don't go in expecting MonHan though, you'll be disappointed.

I think Gravity Rush is kinda overrated, but that's just me.

Kazerei

Banned

There are plenty of demos, which can help you decide. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is my most played Vita game, and it's $9.99 at FS/BB if you can find it. Persona 4 Golden is probably a close second.

I reserved a Vita at $179.99 at Future Shop for in-store pick up tomorrow. I assume that guarantees the price for pick up? Can anyone confirm? Otherwise, I guess I should just order it online...

Think you're good. What made you decide?

Decide on picking up a Vita? I really want to play Persona 4 Golden and some of the indie games like Guacamelee and Mutant Blobs. I'm also moderately interested in games like Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Sound Shapes and maybe Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD (man, I wish they do FF XII HD...) when they come out. It's definitely something I don't need, but the gadget pr0n calls to me...

SickBoy

If anyone actually gets the same deal at Future Shop ($35 for $40) on Nintendo eShop credit, please post... I don't have a pressing need for one -- there's an unused $20 card sitting on my desk, but since the stores on 3DS and Wii U are apparently separate, it certainly wouldn't hurt to pick one up.

theRizzle

I bought mine from a guy off Kijiji for $140 about 6 months ago and I use it ALMOST every day. At that price, I really couldn't pass it up, "lack of games" or not.

To be fair, it is basically my MLB The Show machine, so take that as you will.

badnewsbeers said:
27 minutes to decide. Hilarious cartoon. How are the sports games? Football? Any hockey?

Madden is OKAY. It's playable anyways, but it's still obviously a portable version. No hockey.

zroid

Banned
Skylanders for the 3DS [first game w/ portal & 3 figures] is $19.95 at Future Shop, decided since the figues alone usually cost that much that it was worth getting to try out XD Very slowly building up my 3DS library, lol.
Link if anyone else is interested: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...01d09dbcc40ee4944cdd675en02&SearchPageIndex=1

shiiiiet, that's tempting. How's the 3DS version supposed to be? I know it's different from the others, but I haven't actually played any of them.

DJ_Lae

Skylanders for the 3DS [first game w/ portal & 3 figures] is $19.95 at Future Shop, decided since the figues alone usually cost that much that it was worth getting to try out XD Very slowly building up my 3DS library, lol.
Link if anyone else is interested: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...01d09dbcc40ee4944cdd675en02&SearchPageIndex=1

Done.

Looks like they aren't being generous with free shipping, either, last time I made a $19.95 order it was considered $20 as far as shipping went.

Threw on Riddles of the Ring, as at $10 it's three bucks less than Canadian retail, plus I save the $1.50 shipping or whatever it was. Will look good on my office desk along with my other small Lego sets.

Jessicat

Done.

Looks like they aren't being generous with free shipping, either, last time I made a $19.95 order it was considered $20 as far as shipping went.
I know right? I threw in a bargain bin DVD to reach the free shipping quota since the online shop doesn't seem to sell any of the separate skylanders figures ._.;

Lexxism

Dang. Hopefully they offer some pack deal later this year. I really like the product just can't rationalize $250 for a handheld right now.

BB even had this kind of deal but it was way more cheaper. It was $150 PSVita FIFA bundle. Too bad I was out when the BB had that kind of deal :lol

edit: But I guess that's fine since I'm still waiting that red or blue Vita.

Sora_N

shiiiiet, that's tempting. How's the 3DS version supposed to be? I know it's different from the others, but I haven't actually played any of them.

Seems like it might be a bit different than the other versions? I just dug up the Skylanders OT with more info for ya here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495590

Haven't played it yet mysel, waiting for my copy to ship out still ^^;

The game is pretty fun, very different from the console versions. It's more of a run from start to end of stage, there's a time limit for some levels. Pretty fast paced, not too bad of a game for that price. Compared to the console version this one has platforming, and the portal works via infrared. The 3DS versions are never as popular, not too surprised they got marked down this low now.

Sora_N

Done.

Threw on Riddles of the Ring, as at $10 it's three bucks less than Canadian retail, plus I save the $1.50 shipping or whatever it was. Will look good on my office desk along with my other small Lego sets.

Whoa why is that so cheap? I'm tempted for the Bilbo and Gollum...

EDIT: Ugh, trying to order but still need to find a filler item even after adding 2 to my cart. Sucks :/

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
BB even had this kind of deal but it was way more cheaper. It was $150 PSVita FIFA bundle. Too bad I was out when the BB had that kind of deal :lol

edit: But I guess that's fine since I'm still waiting that red or blue Vita.

Dang $150? That's awesome.

I'm fine with a black Vita. I like anything with a screen to be darker so it frames it better. I don't like the frame to be brighter than the image is what I mean. My words make sense to me.

SickBoy

Yeah, it was the Madden bundle, actually (is there a FIFA bundle?). Regardless, that's how I got my Vita. I like it, but I think that was the right price for me... especially when you consider the cost of memory.

Mayyhem

Ok guys so I wanna get a 3DS really badly to play fire emblem, where is the cheapest place to buy it? (I'm from toronto)

by it i mean the 3DS, i assume fire emblem is 39.99 everywhere

edit: hmm i looked into the XL, and I think i'm gonna go with that one. not sure wher eto buy from yet though

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah, it was the Madden bundle, actually (is there a FIFA bundle?). Regardless, that's how I got my Vita. I like it, but I think that was the right price for me... especially when you consider the cost of memory.

I forgot about having to buy memory. That's why I haven't bought a Vita yet. And likely the reason I will never buy one.
Hard to rationalize that the system couldn't have been produced with internal memory.

Madouu

Any idea what retail stores sell USB 3DS chargers? I'm leaving the country for work in a few days and I don't think it'll make it in time if I order online.

Ok guys so I wanna get a 3DS really badly to play fire emblem, where is the cheapest place to buy it? (I'm from toronto)

edit: hmm i looked into the XL, and I think i'm gonna go with that one. not sure wher eto buy from yet though

In the same situation here, I'm looking at the original 3DS refurbished on the Nintendo Store for $129.99

https://store.nintendo.com/webapp/w...atalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=70706

Is it worth buying a refurbished 3DS or should I just wait for another deal?

Madouu

For you guys wanting a 3DS, I'd suggest you wait for a deal on the XL. Last month we had this deal at TheSource:

Wo14_3DS_MayA_JAVA.jpg

Walmart and SM had it 2 weeks ago for $169 which you could price match at best buy or futureshop for a better deal.

At Target you could have it for $200 + a $50 gift card.

There's bound to be something close to this in the next few days, at least I hope so for you guys :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So right now EB has that trade promo going on that stretches as low as games with $3 TIVs. I've never done any trades before, but it's my understanding that there's a way to get a trade for a game's price tax free.

Say I go into EB and with the promo I get about $67 of TIV. Can I trade that immediately for Injustice in the same transaction and have $7 left to use elsewhere (no tax charged)? Say I want to buy another game with that remaining credit, can I do that in the same transaction too or will they end up charging tax on Injustice as well if they have to for the second game?

I'm trying to get the best deal out of all of this, and not be inefficient about things D;

Can I ask the clerk if its tax free to make sure or will that end up making them manually charge tax or something?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

If you want more specific info for Toronto,join us in the off topic community thread. Though you got your answer here in good time too.

zroid

Banned
Anyone know if the 5 off 30 coupons that Chapters used to run are still going? MAY2013 doesn't seem to work.

hmm, just did a quick search, and it seems they were doing it in February, March, and April. Don't see anything for May, however. Could just be an isolated case.

Mayyhem

For you guys wanting a 3DS, I'd suggest you wait for a deal on the XL. Last month we had this deal at TheSource:

Wo14_3DS_MayA_JAVA.jpg

Walmart and SM had it 2 weeks ago for $169 which you could price match at best buy or futureshop for a better deal.

At Target you could have it for $200 + a $50 gift card.

There's bound to be something close to this in the next few days, at least I hope so for you guys :p
Thanks for the post. I was thinking about getting the Target deal because I can then use the gift card to buy fire emblem.

Maybe I will wait for another deal though

isny

napkin dispenser
Any more interest than previous years for a GAF meetup in Toronto during Fan Expo in Aug? I'm happy to organize it again.

Palehorse

Anyone at CANGAF want a coupon for 75% off of Shogun 2 on Steam? It just popped into my inventory for being a fan of the game to give away to someone....

Though it isn't giftable, just tradable...that's not very convenient.

Well it expires May 23rd if anyone is interested. Send me a PM and I'll add you for trading...(so weird)

Sora_N

So right now EB has that trade promo going on that stretches as low as games with $3 TIVs. I've never done any trades before, but it's my understanding that there's a way to get a trade for a game's price tax free.

Say I go into EB and with the promo I get about $67 of TIV. Can I trade that immediately for Injustice in the same transaction and have $7 left to use elsewhere (no tax charged)? Say I want to buy another game with that remaining credit, can I do that in the same transaction too or will they end up charging tax on Injustice as well if they have to for the second game?

I'm trying to get the best deal out of all of this, and not be inefficient about things D;

Can I ask the clerk if its tax free to make sure or will that end up making them manually charge tax or something?

Sry on phone now but afaik, if you buy something immediately there will be no tax on the purchase with the credit. Otherwise it is put on a gift card and you pay tax for your purchases afterwards.

Just confirm with them first when you make the purchase.

EDIT:

I ordered 2 of the Lego Hobbit sets + Batman AC GOTY from FS last night, and they're being shipped in 2 shipments. A little odd, so I called to cancel Batman since I bought it as a filler item but they said it's already shipped even though it doesn't show on the site. She also said the game's shipping from the BC warehouse and the Lego shipment is from a vendor. It makes sense I guess, since they randomly started selling Lego. I just didn't really feel like going out to the store to return since my favourite FS was shutdown (Burnaby BC one). :/

zroid

Banned
just wondering, does anyone know how much trade-in credit EB usually gives for recently released popular AAA games? Let's say, traded within one or two weeks of the release date. Around $40, I'm guessing? $35?

frequency

just wondering, does anyone know how much trade-in credit EB usually gives for recently released popular AAA games? Let's say, traded within one or two weeks of the release date. Around $40, I'm guessing? $35?

I would expect no more than $30 (not considering special trade deals).

zroid

Banned
I would expect no more than $30 (not considering special trade deals).

yikes...

I traded in Black Ops 2 at Future Shop in January, and noticed the base TIV was $35 (I got an extra 5 bucks because of a promo they were doing); thought EB would give at least that much for a brand new AAA game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom