• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about having to buy memory. That's why I haven't bought a Vita yet. And likely the reason I will never buy one.
Hard to rationalize that the system couldn't have been produced with internal memory.

Yeah, the price of the memory cards is nuts and the core system doesn't come with one. I picked up a Vita during the FS one day sale for $179. I found used Vita memory cards at Microplay (Waterloo, ON) which were a little more reasonably priced (4g = $12, 8g = $20 and 32g = $60).

WEGGLES

Any deals on good Wii Games?

(Okami, SMG, SMG2 etc. Girlfriend has a Wii and is living alone this summer. But doesn't want to spend a ton on games. The only Wii game I have is Silent Hill Shattered Memories.... so yea)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
i need a laptop for school and to screw around with. might play some games, but i don't plan on running anything too demanding.
Dell's Vostro 3560 is on sale for $779.
i don't know anything about computers, but does that seem like a good deal? what kind of games could i run?

It has this: AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M 1GB.

My current laptop has a 7690M and it run games fine, but only if I leave some things off. (I just tested Dark Souls and it feels framey for me). I'm going to assume that they're comparable, and if they are, you should be able to run modern games decently.

MarkusRJR

Apparently the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle is a "Best Buy exclusive". Fucking annoying.

My friend who used to work at BB tells me they're only doing online pre-orders, but to be honest I kind of want to see for myself. The closest BB is like an hour or two one way by bus (so 2-4 hours there and back). I'm trying to figure out if it'll be worth it to try and pre-order in store, despite the fact there's a good chance they'll tell me that it's online only.

Anyone in here pre-order (or try to preorder) the AC 3DS XL bundle in store? Is my friend wrong or is it really online only?

Firestorm

Apparently the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle is a "Best Buy exclusive". Fucking annoying.

My friend who used to work at BB tells me they're only doing online pre-orders, but to be honest I kind of want to see for myself. The closest BB is like an hour or two one way by bus (so 2-4 hours there and back). I'm trying to figure out if it'll be worth it to try and pre-order in store, despite the fact there's a good chance they'll tell me that it's online only.

Anyone in here pre-order (or try to preorder) the AC 3DS XL bundle in store? Is my friend wrong or is it really online only?
Why not just pre-order online?

Ondore

FutureShop flyer
Trade 2 for $60 GC
Resident Evil Revelations (only lists PS3/360) - $49.99, $10 credit toward June purchase
Fast and the Furious (PS3/360/WiiU) - $39.99, $10 credit toward June purchase
Diablo 3 $39.99
Halo 4 $39.99
Epic Mickey 2 (PS3/360) $29.99
NHL 13 $39.99
Preorder DKCR and get $10 off in June
Preorder Last of Us and get $50 off the PS3 wireless headset
250GB PS3 bundle w/Dust 514, Playstation All Stars and Uncharted 3 GOTY $269.99
4GB 360 w/Medal of Honor Warfighter $199.99
WiiU Deluxe w/choice of one of 5 games (shown: Just Dance 3, Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess Nintendo Selects) $349.99

Best Buy flyer
Skylanders Battle Packs (3packs) $14.99, Single Characters B2G150% off at 9.99 ea, Scarlet Ninja $14.99
Trade 2 Get $60GC
Revelations PS3/360 $49.99
Fast and the Furious $39.99
Preorder DKCR3D get 800 RZ points
Preorder The Last of Us get 800 RZ points + $50 off a PS3 Wireless Headset (online only)
250GB PS3 bundle w/Dust 514, Medal of Honor Warfighter and Uncharted 3 GOTY $269.99
4GB 360 w/RE6 $199.99
Get 3 mo Live for $12.99 w/any Xbox console purchase
Tomb Raider LE controller $59.99

Also, since we're probably going to need a new subtitle soon, are we going for something better than "Canada Gaming Deals/Discussion 3 - In Canada, Deals Come in Bags"?

HoJu

It has this: AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M 1GB.

My current laptop has a 7690M and it run games fine, but only if I leave some things off. (I just tested Dark Souls and it feels framey for me). I'm going to assume that they're comparable, and if they are, you should be able to run modern games decently.

Thanks!

zroid

Banned
Canadian Gaming Deals/Discussion 3 - 20% less sleazy than RFD
--

man, Sin and Punishment for $2.99 is a real tragedy

^^ the best deal on Animal Crossing is undoubtedly @ Best Buy: $34.99 + 800 RZ points (=$10 credit)

DJ_Lae

Oh hey, Persona 4 Arena is FINALLY on sale again. $30 at EB.

Will buy today, as the 360 copy was never as cheap as the PS3 one via Amazon marketplace sellers.

krae_man

Question: I'm looking at the 2 for $20 list of used games at EB, and I'm wondering which ones have Season Pass so that I can avoid it?

If it's an EA game, it has a season pass. Seriously though I don't think the website mentions an online pass being required or not. I know Hot Shots Vita requires one and the used game listing doesn't mention it. I guess you have to google each game individually.

zroid

Banned
I don't have a credit card. :(

Can you get your hands on Best Buy gift cards somehow? A lot of supermarkets and such sell them, so you might not even have to make the trek to Best Buy. In any case, I think picking up $250 worth of gift cards and pre-ordering online is your best bet.

isny

napkin dispenser
Not to discount the option of the new thread having something to do with pillows, but wouldn't a thread title with something along the lines of "Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3 (the last thread left us penniless)" kinda be funny?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Not to discount the option of the new thread having something to do with pillows, but wouldn't a thread title with something along the lines of "Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2 (the last thread left us penniless)" kinda be funny?
That is cute.

I have no idea what the pillow thing is referring to.
There was a deal on pillows posted before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom