• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKurgan

My E3 preorder of BattleField 3 from futureshop hasn't shipped yet soooo not all of them are on the way. Knowing my luck they probably ran out of stock...

TheKurgan said:
My E3 preorder of BattleField 3 from futureshop hasn't shipped yet soooo not all of them are on the way. Knowing my luck they probably ran out of stock...
Mine hasn't shipped yet either. Praying it at least ships today, the wait is brutal.

Biff

SUBZERO-08 said:
Mine hasn't shipped yet either. Praying it at least ships today, the wait is brutal.
For people like me who scored on the FS $39.99 deal:

1. Buy game at midnight release (Best Buy is closest to me)
2. Play game tonight
3. Return sealed shipped game (Futureshop) to midnight release store (Best Buy) whenever you get it
4. ???
5. BF3!

Same UPC. Get game tonight for $20 less than everyone else. No problem (except for a 10 minute commute tonight, then 10 minutes in a week or so whenever I feel like returning the sealed version).

ChefRamsay said:

2. Play game tonight
3. Return sealed shipped game (Futureshop) to midnight release store (Best Buy) whenever you get it
4. ???
5. BF3!

Same UPC. Get game tonight for $20 less than everyone else. No problem (except for a 10 minute commute tonight, then 10 minutes in a week or so whenever I feel like returning the sealed version).

Pretty much this. Don't want for the shipped game to get to you. So far I've been lucky. I've received it day and date from FS.

centracore

ChefRamsay said:

2. Play game tonight
4. ???
5. BF3!

I still haven't received a shipping notification email from Future Shop yet either, so I think this is my plan of action for BF3.

WEGGLES

ChefRamsay said:

2. Play game tonight
4. ???
5. BF3!

It's like 10 mins alone to my bus stop, let alone the actual bus trip to and from the EB games and the walk back... shouldn't have to go through this shit when I pre-order.

Neki

I bought Kirby Wii today at Gamestop and they had a deal going where you could get epic yarn for 10 dollars if you bought Kirby Wii. Is this nation-wide or is store specific?

Vamphuntr

Ultimoo said:
I bought Kirby Wii today at Gamestop and they had a deal going where you could get epic yarn for 10 dollars if you bought Kirby Wii. Is this nation-wide or is store specific?

Whoa. Might bite on that deal if it's nation wide.

DJ_Lae

Ultimoo said:

Holy shit.

I'd be all over that if it's across all stores.

edit - it is. And online too.

Ultimoo said:

Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up my copy.

ChefRamsay said:

2. Play game tonight
4. ???
5. BF3!

Yep.
It's funny when the alarm goes off too when you enter the store with the sealed copy.

Kazerei

Banned
Oh man, I've been thinking about trading in Epic Yarn. I better do that before the TIV drops below $8, 'cause RFDers are already talking about using it to scam the system
thread-facepalm-16.png

Cheerilee

So I got my preorder of Arkham City from Futureshop a week ago and still no steelbook.

I phoned and the customer service rep was able to figure out that I haven't been sent one, and that the problem is that they haven't been made yet. Which I believe is code for it being listed as "on order". Which is code for "I'm never getting one."

Good job Futureshop. You've probably found the one thing that would make me return this full-priced DRM-infected GOTY-candidate.

So I'm going to pick up 2 Kirby games along with Dance Central 2 in tonights midnight launch with BF3? Oh boy, that's going to be awesome... *rolleyes...

ruby_onix said:
So I got my preorder of Arkham City from Futureshop a week ago and still no steelbook.

I phoned and the customer service rep was able to figure out that I haven't been sent one, and that the problem is that they haven't been made yet. Which I believe is code for it being listed as "on order". Which is code for "I'm never getting one."

Good job Futureshop. You've probably found the one thing that would make me return this full-priced DRM-infected GOTY-candidate.
Arkham City steel books have definitely been made already.

Guesong

So a good buddy of mine whose BF3 E3 FS Deal order was supposed to ship to my house (so I can receive it for him) got his Order Cancelled at the 11th hour....? Where is the problem lol

Anything he can do? How's Futureshop Phone Support?

WEGGLES

Guesong said:
So a good buddy of mine whose BF3 E3 FS Deal order was supposed to ship to my house (so I can receive it for him) got his Order Cancelled at the 11th hour....? Where is the problem lol

Anything he can do? How's Futureshop Phone Support?
Pretty awful.

Just sent Futureshop a 1300 word email about how fucking shit they are from calling them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ipukespiders said:
Yep.
It's funny when the alarm goes off too when you enter the store with the sealed copy.
Except that doesn't happen with just a shrink wrapped game since there's no security devices in them.

centracore

Did anyone else have Battlefield 3 pre-ordered as part of the E3 sale from Future Shop and not get a 'your order shipped' email today? :/

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
centracore said:
Did anyone else have Battlefield 3 pre-ordered as part of the E3 sale from Future Shop and not get a 'your order shipped' email today? :/

I didn't get an e-mail about my order shipping but according to the website it was picked up by Purolator for shipping about 90 minutes ago.

Conceptor

My buddy was the one that placed the order for BF3 in that E3 deal, so I'm hoping that he's received shipping confirmation. Will ask him in the morning, I guess.

parasight

centracore said:

I got my email today. I was shocked, as I expected it to be late again (my NBA 2K12 was 2 days late and I never even received a shipping email). Purolator has my BF3 right now, so it should be here tomorrow. Shame I won't be home all day.

Guesong

Mine is on schedule for delivery for today. (Outer Montreal Area)

Was pleasantly surprised since I got Deus Ex one day after the release date, thought it would be standard for all FS orders.

betweenthewheels said:
My BF3 was on truck for delivery this morning but now it says "Corrective Action - Currently In Transit"

What's this mean??

They sent it to the wrong place and it's on it's way back. Either went out on the incorrect truck or to the wrong warehouse.

Firestorm

ruby_onix said:

I got my steelbook today

Magnus

The Future Shop orders site is such a disaster, it's hilarious. Errors occur every time I try and change a shipping address, billing method, card number...or...anything at all.

I guess I have to visit the store or call a number or something to change anything at all, otherwise, the new tenants of my apartment next week will be enjoying a copy of Uncharted 3.

Fuck this, retail for life.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh. Fuck Purolator, fuck them for life. At this point, I don't know who to blame anymore. Canada Post for having a strike, Futureshop for being idiotic and forcing people to use Purolator even though the strike is over, or Purolator for having 8-8 delivery windows. I can't believe I have to deal with this shit for the next six weeks.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
firehawk12 said:
Ugh. Fuck Purolator, fuck them for life. At this point, I don't know who to blame anymore. Canada Post for having a strike, Futureshop for being idiotic and forcing people to use Purolator even though the strike is over, or Purolator for having 8-8 delivery windows. I can't believe I have to deal with this shit for the next six weeks.
How's that Ph.D on whining coming along?

Don't you have a backlog anyways??

TheKurgan

My E3 preorder of Battlefield 3 is sitting on my front porch here in Calgary. Hopefully it still there when I get home in about 6 hours! =) Pretty good delivery time if you ask me.

For anyone that does a lot of online ordering I recommend you get a Purolator bar code thing for your window. No signature required, don't have to be home, saves a lot of hassle.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kuro Madoushi said:
How's that Ph.D on whining coming along?

Don't you have a backlog anyways??
Yeah, yeah.

And my backlog is eternal. I really should return my copy of Rage and just wait for it to go bargain bin next year.

TheKurgan said:
My E3 preorder of Battlefield 3 is sitting on my front porch here in Calgary. Hopefully it still there when I get home in about 6 hours! =) Pretty good delivery time if you ask me.

For anyone that does a lot of online ordering I recommend you get a Purolator bar code thing for your window. No signature required, don't have to be home, saves a lot of hassle.
Unless you live in an apartment, at which point, they don't even leave a delivery notice slip because of liability issues.

TheKurgan said:

What's this about? I was just wondering today how to get something delivered without signature. Sometimes they leave it at the door, other times they take it to the shipping facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom