• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_z

Luigi87 said:
Damn Canada Post, get your shi- together >.<
Batman arrived at the postal facility yesterday (literally 20 minutes away). Expected delivery today...And of course they don't move the thing at all.

this happened to me with gears. should have had the game in 3 days but it took them 10 work days. can post has been awful since the last strike.

Deadly

Popstar said:
Has anyone ever ordered from DinoDirect? They have free shipping in Canada and Classic Controller Pros for $12.

Seems a bit too good of a deal and a quick google brings up some complaints. On the other hand, I found them through shopbot.ca which doesn't list bad sites in my experience.

EDIT: Never mind. A look through their site and at some of the product pictures makes me think they're selling knock-offs.
My dad swears by DinoDirect. Most of their stuff is obviously fake hongkong/china stuff.

haha! I kept seeing people writing the name "SKYRIM" as their most anticipated game for months now but I never knew what it was. The name made me think it was some futuristic online FPS. I had no idea it was an Elder Scrolls game. It gave me a chuckle just now to see what it actually is after assuming it was something completely different.

(sorry I know this isn't a deal.. but I literally laughed out loud when I saw the box in this thread)

ElNino

Luigi87 said:
Ordered from FS September 24th, Batman came today... No Steelbook.
Ugh
Well it seems I'm not the only one at least. How can FS screw this up so bad?
That was a rhetorical question... FS will always be able to screw something up

I think E3 pre-orders and late-September ones (I'm assuming when it was $10 off) didn't include the steelbook because it wasn't included as a unit in their order (on my invoice it shows up as a $0.00 item). So when they were shipping them out they didn't include the steelbook. It's also possible that the people handling shipments didn't know that "every pre-order comes with a steelbook" (as quoted by the gaming department) so they just followed the invoices.

FS really dropped the ball. Making enough steelbooks and making sure it shipped out with every pre-order would've saved them the customer service headache of everyone returning or asking for their steelbook. Or maybe their plan all along was to hype pre-orders with a steelbook bonus and make sure that only full-priced pre-orders got one.

They're already clarified that only Battlefield 3 pre-orders after Oct. 7 will get a steelbook. http://twitter.com/#!/FS_Gamer/status/126801640287252481

Maddog

Popstar said:
Has anyone ever ordered from DinoDirect? They have free shipping in Canada and Classic Controller Pros for $12.

Seems a bit too good of a deal and a quick google brings up some complaints. On the other hand, I found them through shopbot.ca which doesn't list bad sites in my experience.

EDIT: Never mind. A look through their site and at some of the product pictures makes me think they're selling knock-offs.

I've ordered a lot of items from them and they are definitely knockoffs. I have two classic controllers from them and they have worked fine.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Best Buy is retarded. I forgot to cancel one of my Batman orders (I had a total of 3 at one point, I have a problem) and they shipped both at the same time in different shipments which is understandable. What's not understandable is that they shipped one with Canada Post and the other with Purolator. Good thing they're both extremely close to me. :lol

UberTag

No_Style said:
I just posted this on GameDealsCanada:

Error? 2 deals collide: PS3 320GB w/ inFamous 2 comes w/ Batman: Arkham City & Battlefield 3 for $299.99 @ FutureShop - ow.ly/740rx

Hopefully they will honor it.
You can even throw in the AssCreed Revelations for $50 deal and get that thrown in as well. 320GB PS3 with four games that retail for $60 a piece for $349.

By my math that means you're paying $109 for the PS3. Makes me wish I didn't own the system already.

krae_man

Will Bestbuy pricematch free games? I just bought a PS3 from them and now they have the same bundled with 3 games free. I already own all 3 games but I could trade them in somewhere.

So, I was wondering if anyone here knew around how long FutureShop takes to ship the games that were ordered during the E3 sale. Got Battlefield 3 coming up, and I'm hoping it will arrive fairly quickly, gonna be a hard wait if not. Anyone order games that were released earlier?

SUBZERO-08 said:
So, I was wondering if anyone here knew around how long FutureShop takes to ship the games that were ordered during the E3 sale. Got Battlefield 3 coming up, and I'm hoping it will arrive fairly quickly, gonna be a hard wait if not. Anyone order games that were released earlier?

I preordered Batman from this sale.

Got it 2 days after release.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SUBZERO-08 said:
They are shipping all orders made close to the strike via Purolator. It makes no sense why they'd do this, but that's how it goes.

firehawk12 said:
They are shipping all orders made close to the strike via Purolator. It makes no sense why they'd do this, but that's how it goes.
What the hell, haha. Oh well, should be pretty quick then. Thanks guys.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SUBZERO-08 said:
Got Gears 3 on launch day, people have had mixed reports though.

iphys

firehawk12 said:

Hmmm, that might explain the apparent randomness in why BB is shipping some of my orders Canada Post and some Purolator, but it does seem to be true the games I ordered at E3 are the ones they're shipping Purolator.

WEGGLES

UHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Trying to change my shipping address on Futureshop for my BF 3 order

We're sorry. The system is unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later to complete your changes. (0183)

What the fuck.

If I can't change it, it'll go to my parents house not where I'm staying for school. Fuck. Between Dark Souls, and now this shit... thinking of just cancelling my order from Futureshop. Why pre-order if I won't get it for a couple weeks after release?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
WEGGLES said:
UHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Trying to change my shipping address on Futureshop for my BF 3 order

We're sorry. The system is unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later to complete your changes. (0183)

What the fuck.

If I can't change it, it'll go to my parents house not where I'm staying for school. Fuck. Between Dark Souls, and now this shit... thinking of just cancelling my order from Futureshop. Why pre-order if I won't get it for a couple weeks after release?
It's much easier and faster to call them if you want to change anything. 1-800-663-2275

WEGGLES

Fuzzy said:
It's much easier and faster to call them if you want to change anything. 1-800-663-2275
I called and it took like 9 mins to get it changed. What a pain in the ass. For the feedback I gave the lady all 5s for polite/helpful etc then left a comment saying "The representative was very helpful, but it's ridiculous I needed to call to change my shipping address in the first place"

dantehemi

I was looking at best buy.ca and they have a 320gb ps3 infamous 2 bundle for 299.99
It says it also comes with battlefield 3, and what interests me is a little note under the description saying arkham city is also included as a bonus. Now this seems to good to be true, so am I reading this wrong?

big_z

crimzonflame said:
Does anyone know if the 360 (any model) will be on sale soon? I desperately need a new one.

dont count on any major sales. holiday bundles are going to start popping up soon and then you wont see a sale until boxing day.

Big Chungus

Dammit, ordered a BF3 key from one of those cheap sites and just realized it was a RU key...

What are the chances they'll cancel my order before they send it?

I already posted a message on their facebook page and sent an email to them.

Lothars

jcutner said:
Right you are! It just shipped :)
Excellent :) It's how all my preorders shipped, I am kind of regretting not going for BF3 in the sale and going for Assassin's Creed Revolution, I probably will be picking up BF3 especially if I can get a limited edition.

WEGGLES

I fucking hate futureshop so much. On the 22nd I changed the shipping address for my E3 pre-order. (AKA: 2 days before anything from it shipped.)

8f7G7.png

I even had to call to do this, and double checked to make sure that it would apply to EVERYTHING in the order, but specifically BF3. All looks fine.

TODAY. Email. Game shipped. WOO. I'll have it tomorrow :D

NO. NO I FUCKING WON'T.

lphk7.png

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

NEVER pre-ordering from Futureshop. FUCK.

Takuan

I heard FS has been monumentally fucking up the E3 pre-orders. So far I've had decent luck with my orders, but I still have like 5 pending, with several being huge November releases (Skyrim, MW3). Fingers crossed.

On the non-gaming side, I've yet to receive the Lion King Diamond Edition steelbook Blu-Ray that was supposedly shipped October 4... but I think that's a Canada Post problem, not a Future Shop issue - my friend received his and the post-date matched what Future Shop said was the shipping date.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Any good deals on a 2.5" hard drive? I dont really care about size or anything, just need something to throw in an old laptop.

Lothars

Takuan said:
I heard FS has been monumentally fucking up the E3 pre-orders. So far I've had decent luck with my orders, but I still have like 5 pending, with several being huge November releases (Skyrim, MW3). Fingers crossed.

On the non-gaming side, I've yet to receive the Lion King Diamond Edition steelbook Blu-Ray that was supposedly shipped October 4... but I think that's a Canada Post problem, not a Future Shop issue - my friend received his and the post-date matched what Future Shop said was the shipping date.
I don't think FS has been doing that bad of a job but I might be a different one because mine have shipped without any issues at all.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
My Deus Ex shipped fine, but star fox didn't even ship at all. I'm just going to go buy zelda in store and return whatever gets shipped if it gets shipped.

Home

They've been ok for shipping to me. Took them an extra 3 days for PS3 NHL 12, but I did get a 10$ credit for the wait. Forza 4 arrived on release and it's looking like BF3 will too. Kinda wish I'd ordered more during the sale, but still have D3, Skyrim and Bioshock left to recieve.

It amazes me at how bad Futureshop still is at pre-orders. I gave up on them when they took forever to ship Shenmue for the Dreamcast (I cancelled the order and bought it at Futureshop). Over a decade later and they still can't get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom