• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, stupid question, but how the hell do you cancel a Futureshop preorder?? I preordered Zelda for the E3 deal, but then decided to preorder the limited edition when they had it for $10 off.

When I go into my account/orders now, I can't find any way to cancel my original Zelda preorder.

StevieP

Banned
Mike Works said:
Alright, stupid question, but how the hell do you cancel a Futureshop preorder?? I preordered Zelda for the E3 deal, but then decided to preorder the limited edition when they had it for $10 off.

When I go into my account/orders now, I can't find any way to cancel my original Zelda preorder.

Customer service, unfortunately.

Mike Works said:

Don't know if it's too late, but at the bottom of the "Your order is being processed" emails you'll find this link:

Cancel unshipped orders

pr0cs

As usual Futureshop fucked up another preorder. Saint's Row 3 still has not shipped.
If I hadn't saved as much money I would have been pretty disappointed, still it's beyond stupid that I can go into my local shop and pick it up yet the POS still hasn't shipped out of their warehouse yet.

Firestorm

Crazymoogle said:
Yep. Only five more time that I have to wait on a failed delivery and call to redirect!! Oh well.

To answer the question posed: it's because the staff just isn't prepared to deal with it. Dealing with the cashiers is hard enough at FS. Constant in-store pickups would...ugh
I pre-ordered Super Mario 3D Land at Best Buy in-store and its actually the same process. I had to go to customer service with my receipt and get my game from the pre-order pile. I assume making the system do that on the website wouldn't be a huge change and they'd probably save loads on shipping costs...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If they already have a process for "real" pre-orders, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Unless this is a case of franchisees not wanting to be "undercut" but their company's website? I assume that the local stores are independently owned anyway.

Hey You

A little offtopic, but why don't we have a Canada/CanGAF OT like AusGAF does?

This thread is sorta similar, but I wouldn't mind talking about random stuff that doesn't warrant its own thread (or go off-topic here).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hey You said:
A little offtopic, but why don't we have a Canada/CanGAF OT like AusGAF does?

This thread is sorta similar, but I wouldn't mind talking about random stuff that doesn't warrant its own thread (or go off-topic here).

Toronto and Vancouver both have |OT| topics in Off-Topic. Toronto's been the most active Canadian thread there is, next to this one.

Maybe when I feel like rebooting the Toronto thread I should make it a Canadian Mega Community thread?

Firestorm

EvilMario said:
Toronto and Vancouver both have |OT| topics in Off-Topic. Toronto's been the most active Canadian thread there is, next to this one.

Maybe when I feel like rebooting the Toronto thread I should make it a Canadian Mega Community thread?
I'd love that but maybe see what the people who post in the topic and still live in Toronto think as well =P

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
EvilMario said:

But then they wouldn't get our Rob Ford jokes. :(

Tiktaalik

Fuzzy said:

Rob Ford's buffoonery is so bizarre that it's national news. I'm a Vancouverite and I've been following all the drama. Maybe I'm just an outlier municipal politics nerd tho.

Firestorm

Fuzzy said:
They're not that hard to get!

Also this NPA "Common Sense Team" stuff from the same people who ran Ford's campaign is scaring me in Vancouver. I hope people don't fall for this shit. Although they sent me a smear campaign brochure which just made me want to vote Vision more... "OH NO THE MAYOR IS IMPLEMENTING MORE BIKE LANES AND SUPPORTS THE OCCUPY MOVEMENT? HE IS THE DEVIL!"

vulva

if I cancel an in-store pre-order at EB games, do they properly refund the money or is it just credit at that point?

Hey You

EvilMario said:

Firestorm said:
I'd love that but maybe see what the people who post in the topic and still live in Toronto think as well =P

Yeah, that sounds good.

I wouldn't know where to go to discuss general politics or stuff not in Vancouver/Toronto :p

Fuzzy

Lone_Prodigy said:
Really? I was contemplating cancelling some of my pre-orders...
Turns out I had 4 Zelda CE pre-orders and 1 regular (I've previously cancelled 2 of those). I cancelled 2 of the CE pre-orders today leaving me just 1 from FS and 1 from BB. If someone in Toronto can't get one then I'll let one of them go for the price I paid for it.

Fuzzy

Lone_Prodigy said:
Next week's flyers (you know the drill).

Also Playbooks will be $200 and up at FS/BB/WM starting Friday.
$130 3DS is awesome for people who don't have one.

Ondore

I saw a PSP 3000 for $80 with one of the Ratchet games at Superstore but couldn't pull the trigger... was that going to be my best shot, or will it go back on sale soon?

Tiktaalik

Ondore said:
I saw a PSP 3000 for $80 with one of the Ratchet games at Superstore but couldn't pull the trigger... was that going to be my best shot, or will it go back on sale soon?

I'm sure you'll get a handful of more chances to buy a PSP at around that price, but that strikes me as about as cheap as it'll get. I recall Zellers blowing out GB Micros for $60, but I've never seen a new system on sale at a major retailer for less than that. Usually it seems they'll leave it at $99 and then just leave it on the shelf until it eventually goes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hahaha, anyone going to stock up on Playbooks?

RFD is already frothing and this is a much worse deal than the whole Touchpad thing earlier this year.

Firestorm

Lyphen said:
Why do I want a Playbook when I already have a 32GB Touchpad.
It's much more responsive than the TouchPad. Ugh. I kind of want one but I also already have the 32GB TouchPad. Don't need two tablets and I kind of want to play around with the TouchPad once it gets Android 4.0 ported (hopefully).

$200 for a PlayBook is a pretty good price if you want a tablet though. But that's coming from someone who doesn't use e-mail on tablets.
Mike Works said:
I can't believe I have to call Futureshop to cancel an online order. Jesus Christ, this fucking company.
I'd rather just return it to a store once you get it if it's on your way to work personally. Hate dealing with companies on the phone.

Luigi87

So, I have had the standard edition of Zelda pre-ordered since E3 from FS.

Since I'm getting the bundle, and I naturally can't cancel that order due to the other games from that order shipping in the past, I should still be able to return it to FS for a refund, right?

DJ_Lae

$200 for a Playbook is pretty tempting - I've been debating about an iPad for my daughter, but this is a much better price...granted, I'm sure there are basically no age-appropriate apps available for her, but it's relatively cheap.

DJ_Lae

Luigi87 said:
So, I have had the standard edition of Zelda pre-ordered since E3 from FS.

Since I'm getting the bundle, and I naturally can't cancel that order due to the other games from that order shipping in the past, I should still be able to return it to FS for a refund, right?

Absolutely. I've done it a few times and it's a painless experience (as long as the customer service line is short).

DJ_Lae said:
$200 for a Playbook is pretty tempting - I've been debating about an iPad for my daughter, but this is a much better price...granted, I'm sure there are basically no age-appropriate apps available for her, but it's relatively cheap.
>implying there are any apps

lol, honestly if you can spare the ipad price just get one, it's in a league of its own in terms of things you can do with it and apps available for any age. Playbook I would wager is just decent for web browsing.

DJ_Lae

-Pyromaniac- said:
>implying there are any apps

lol, honestly if you can spare the ipad price just get one, it's in a league of its own in terms of things you can do with it and apps available for any age. Playbook I would wager is just decent for web browsing.

Yeah, the price is the only thing holding me back. I already have an iPod Touch, my girlfriend has an iPhone, I know the extent of the app store (there's a ton of great stuff for kids), I'll just have to suck it up and buy one...probably when the new model comes out.

I'd be better off saving the $200 and putting it towards that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Takao said:
I live in Toronto, so even though I want a tablet there's no way I'm getting one.
RFD effect. People are buying now to price match Friday.

Still though, at 99/150 it was almost a no brainer... for 200/300/400? Eh. Might as well import a Fire or yeah, save for the iPad.

krae_man

I was in futureshop the other day and they still had Touchpad screen protectors and wanted full price($50 for them) :lol

Luckaly along with them I found an open box case discounted and snagged that.

firehawk12 said:
RFD effect. People are buying now to price match Friday.

Still though, at 99/150 it was almost a no brainer... for 200/300/400? Eh. Might as well import a Fire or yeah, save for the iPad.

$200 for a tablet is a steal. But yeah, I don't know if people are going to to bonkers at the $200 price level anymore after HP did the $100 thing. Flippers are probably going to be in for a shock when they realise there's no profit to be made on reselling $200 tablets.

Fuzzy

Mike Works said:
I can't believe I have to call Futureshop to cancel an online order. Jesus Christ, this fucking company.
If it hasn't shipped yet you don't have to. There are two different Cancel buttons on your order page. One is right under your order total and one is at the bottom of the page. Both are on the right side of the page.

Firestorm

DJ_Lae said:
How old is she? There were a couple of really fun games I liked that that would be kid-appropriate (Doodle Blast, Flood Fill, Pixel Legions) but nowhere near iOS.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
krae_man said:
$200 for a tablet is a steal. But yeah, I don't know if people are going to to bonkers at the $200 price level anymore after HP did the $100 thing. Flippers are probably going to be in for a shock when they realise there's no profit to be made on reselling $200 tablets.
That's the thing, it's only cheap when you compare it to the iPad. Compared to other tablets, it's a bit wanting.

Unless you are already a BB user I suppose.

Fuzzy

DevelopmentArrested said:
I think it would be foolish to think you'll be able to get it for less than 130$ anytime soon.
Holy fuck I bought it for DOUBLE that a few months ago.
I hate you for putting it like that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom