• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiktaalik

Is the "The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Limited Edition" with the gold motion plus controller only available as a pre-order item or will that be freely available at launch?

I figured that since many wouldn't have a motion plus it would be pretty common (think MH3 bundle) but a friend said that he thought it might be for pre-orders only?

Luigi87

Tiktaalik said:
Is the "The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Limited Edition" with the gold motion plus controller only available as a pre-order item or will that be freely available at launch?

I figured that since many wouldn't have a motion plus it would be pretty common (think MH3 bundle) but a friend said that he thought it might be for pre-orders only?

Nah, I think it will definitely be available easily at retailers like Walmart or FS. Possibly harder at GameStops/EBs, simply due to higher pre-order rate.

Leeness

I'm so choked I haven't gotten my Creed shipping notice yet. Omg. :( I have a day off tomorrow and want to play. I'm gonna call them. :(

Edit: ARRRGGGG. "oh we don't ship until the actual day of release".
"oh because I know a bunch of people who got theirs shipped".
"oh weird!"

Thanks. Rage. I'm just gonna go buy it tomorrow elsewhere and return the Futureshop copy when I get it eventually. I know I sound whiny and impatient like whoa, but my life has been lame lately and all I've been looking forward to is running around Constantinople :(

Firestorm

Tiktaalik said:

I remember seeing in this thread that Future Shop was approaching the limit for pre-ordres on those a while ago and it seems EB is no longer doing pre-orders for it. I'm beginning to think it might be a Super Mario Bros. All-Stars situation this holiday season..

Has anybody ordered off of THQ's website before? They just shipped Saint's Row 3 and I was wondering when it would arrive (I chose the cheap shipping).

Also, is there a reliable place to get European PSN cards?

DJ_Lae

Tiktaalik said:
Welp no more special edition preorders at the local best buy. Any deals on the new built in motion plus controllers anywhere?

HMVs seem to be clearing out their game stock (or maybe it's just select locations? I'm not sure). I know I saw a couple of the Flingsmash bundles...think they may have been $30 after discount.

Jagxyz

frequency said:
My copy of Skyrim came in today. The cover split paper thingy was outside the case? What's up with that? I had to put it in myself.

Same with me! Though I got it from the source.

Also, the cover thing was reversible, which I haven`t seen on any other games I`ve bought.

DJ_Lae

canadian crowe said:
Has anybody ordered off of THQ's website before? They just shipped Saint's Row 3 and I was wondering when it would arrive (I chose the cheap shipping).

Probably next week? I chose the cheap shipping as well, although mine shipped on Friday. Not sure where in the US it's coming from.

I'm actually kind of grateful for any delay as I have so many damn games to play at the moment.

DJ_Lae said:
Probably next week? I chose the cheap shipping as well, although mine shipped on Friday. Not sure where in the US it's coming from.

I'm actually kind of grateful for any delay as I have so many damn games to play at the moment.

Yeah, I'm not too freaked out. I wasn't even going to pick it up, but the free seasons pass kind of hooked me.

Firestorm said:
I remember seeing in this thread that Future Shop was approaching the limit for pre-ordres on those a while ago and it seems EB is no longer doing pre-orders for it. I'm beginning to think it might be a Super Mario Bros. All-Stars situation this holiday season..

Really? I was contemplating cancelling some of my pre-orders...

Leeness

I'm seeing red right now oh my god.

Went to go see how long shipping usually took on my Futureshop orders, cause surely Creed will ship tomorrow, so maybe I'd get it by the end of the day!

It's OUT OF STOCK.

I'm so mad. Absolutely going out and just buying a copy tomorrow. I can't believe this is the second order in a row now. And I'm pretty certain it's gonna be three strikes with Zelda next week too. All the big games are being handled terribly.

I almost want to complain and see if I can get more money back from them :/

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Leeness said:

Went to go see how long shipping usually took on my Futureshop orders, cause surely Creed will ship tomorrow, so maybe I'd get it by the end of the day!

It's OUT OF STOCK.

I'm so mad. Absolutely going out and just buying a copy tomorrow. I can't believe this is the second order in a row now. And I'm pretty certain it's gonna be three strikes with Zelda next week too. All the big games are being handled terribly.

Do it. You have nothing to lose but time. Just play a game while talking to them at the same time.

It's OUT OF STOCK.

It's saying the same thing for Saint's Row for me :(

Oneself

Thank God I saved 20$ on each games when I pre-ordered from FS last June, because there's been problems for each and every single title ordered so far.

Rayman is out today, available on their website and I'm still waiting for my order to ship or whatever.

Oneself said:
Thank God I saved 20$ on each games when I pre-ordered from FS last June, because there's been problems for each and every single title ordered so far.

Rayman is out today, available on their website and I'm still waiting for my order to ship or whatever.

My copy of Mario 3D Land still hasn't shipped from Best Buy. Pre-ordered it this summer. Hopefully it won't take nearly a month like Star Fox 64 3D to ship.

Went to Wal-Mart to pick a copy in the meantime

firehawk12 said:
Saints out of stock. Unless somehow millions of people pre-ordered during E3, I don't know how that happens. :p
I get the feeling that FS/BB doesn't have the best merchandising crew around. With the amount of pre-orders that don't get sent out and how quickly they're out of stock, I'm going to say they aren't telling the publisher how much they really need.

425kid

The Main Event said:
My copy of Mario 3D Land still hasn't shipped from Best Buy. Pre-ordered it this summer. Hopefully it won't take nearly a month like Star Fox 64 3D to ship.

Went to Wal-Mart to pick a copy in the meantime

I did the exact same thing. Any experience to share with returning online order to Best Buy store?

Lothars

firehawk12 said:
Saints out of stock. Unless somehow millions of people pre-ordered during E3, I don't know how that happens. :p
It's the same thing for assassin's creed and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for me.

I am more annoyed about the Assassin's Creed being out of stock since that was ordered back at E3 but I just ordered Ultimate MVC3 last week and was hoping it would have shipped at the same time.

It is frustrating though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The fact that they're still using Purolator and that there's absolutely no way to change that is also stupid. They really need to just let people pre-order for in-store pick up. It would solve so many problems.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Lone_Prodigy said:
Really? I was contemplating cancelling some of my pre-orders...
Yeah, I have two copies of the Zelda CE pre-ordered (1 BB, 1 FS) and I'll just wait to get both then see if I can help a local GAFer out or just return the extra copy.

ronniehehehaha said:
I did the exact same thing. Any experience to share with returning online order to Best Buy store?
Go to the customer service desk with the game and your printed receipt. I don't have a printer at home so I usually just log into my account at the computer at the CS desk and print it out there. They then refund your original credit card the full amount. Easy.

Lothars said:
I am more annoyed about the Assassin's Creed being out of stock since that was ordered back at E3
I posted about my screw up at FS earlier (about my order disappearing, making a new order last month and them giving me the E3 prices, my old order re-appearing meaning I had two orders for all my games) and I got both copies of ACR today. I feel sorry for you guys.

frequency

firehawk12 said:
The fact that they're still using Purolator and that there's absolutely no way to change that is also stupid. They really need to just let people pre-order for in-store pick up. It would solve so many problems.
I don't get why they don't do this. Wouldn't it actually be beneficial to them to get people in their physical stores?

filipe said:
The mall I work at (Limeridge) has this both an EB and Gamestop. I actually like it that way, since if one of them runs out of copies I can usually find a copy at the other without having to get into my car and driving to the next place that sells games.

Hamilton GAF represent.

Anyone know anywhere that has the MGS:HD Limited (PS3) in stock?

Lothars

firehawk12 said:
That's true, I actually like the fact they use Purolator but would love to have the option of picking up pre-orders in store.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
frequency said:
I don't get why they don't do this. Wouldn't it actually be beneficial to them to get people in their physical stores?
Plus it would save them the money of shipping it to your house. I've sent them this suggestion every time I've had to contact them for something. Maybe it's time to just get a bunch of people posting it on their Facebook page.

Leeness

Okay less crazy anger, more calm now. Gonna pick up a copy after my jog today and them just return the shipped one.

And I don't need to worry about Zelda cause I'll still be playing Creed more than likely so even if it's late, it's okay.

Still super disappointed in FS and I may still complain at them and try to get more money, unless they give another $10 back like UC3 haha.

Proc

frequency said:
My copy of Skyrim came in today. The cover split paper thingy was outside the case? What's up with that? I had to put it in myself.

Mine too.

I really want Saints Row 3 but I can't justify paying full price with all the other shit I own and need to play.

sammich

I want to upgrade my SW standard edition to the CE. .. cant fight the bloody thing anywhere now :( and its probably going to get worse after this past mass beta invite. Sigh. Im a sucker.. i know.

sammich said:
I want to upgrade my SW standard edition to the CE. .. cant fight the bloody thing anywhere now :( and its probably going to get worse after this past mass beta invite. Sigh. Im a sucker.. i know.
I would be there will be CE editions taking up space and collecting dust in a lot of stores months after the game launches.

frequency said:

Probably has to do with the volume of copies they'd have to keep at the stores. Inventory issues or something?

Tiktaalik said:
Welp no more special edition preorders at the local best buy. Any deals on the new built in motion plus controllers anywhere?
I was at the local Future Shop the other day and noticed that the preorder cards for it had disappeared.

Lostconfused said:
I would be there will be CE editions taking up space and collecting dust in a lot of stores months after the game launches.

CE's are hit and miss. Halo Reach/3 had piles of them. Best Buy is clearing out Blops Prestige for $40. But I haven't seen a Gears 3 LE anywhere. Since it's Star Wars and it won't be out until almost Christmas, I think it could quite possibly sell out really fast.

firehawk12 said:
Yep. Only five more time that I have to wait on a failed delivery and call to redirect!! Oh well.

To answer the question posed: it's because the staff just isn't prepared to deal with it. Dealing with the cashiers is hard enough at FS. Constant in-store pickups would...ugh

Tiktaalik

argh this weeks flyers are my only hope, otherwise Zelda is ~$50 + ~$45 = a $95 game. :\

Wiimote+ seems to be $39.99, ~$5 off at walmart so that's the best yet.

Tiktaalik

Crazymoogle said:
Don't you already have a seperate motionplus?!

Nope....

There was Wii Sports Resort and then.... nothing? It didn't seem worth it for just that one game.

I suppose I could have imported zangeki no reginleiv?

Tiktaalik said:
There was Wii Sports Resort and then.... nothing? It didn't seem worth it for just that one game.

It's $25 bucks seperately at EB. I know Tiger Woods '10 had it bundled too, back in the day. Oh, and Red Steel 2.

425kid

Fuzzy said:
Go to the customer service desk with the game and your printed receipt. I don't have a printer at home so I usually just log into my account at the computer at the CS desk and print it out there. They then refund your original credit card the full amount. Easy.

Thanks

Kazerei

Banned
Tiktaalik said:
argh this weeks flyers are my only hope, otherwise Zelda is ~$50 + ~$45 = a $95 game. :\

You could try looking for old bundles on clearance like Red Steel 2 and FlingSmash. If that doesn't work, try stores on SS launch day that don't take pre-orders, like Costco and Zellers.

Diomedes

Ordered Uuncharted 3 online from FS a few weeks ago (Sept sometime, iirc) when it was $10 off for a few days. Last week the FS flyer had a promo for $10 off AC:R when you buy U3, so today I brought in the online receipt and they honoured it even though it was supposed to be in store or something; they didn't fuss too much. I plan to leave it sealed while playing through some backlog and see if any better deals happen soon.

Spike

Tiktaalik said:

Wal-Mart is going to have the Zelda LE. At least that is what I've been told.

AAK

Out of luck & Sold out with Best Buy and Future Shop and Amazon for the KOFXIII soundtrack pre order. Does anyone know if EBgames will get the promotion as well?

Lothars

AAK said:
Out of luck & Sold out with Best Buy and Future Shop and Amazon for the KOFXIII soundtrack pre order. Does anyone know if EBgames will get the promotion as well?
it shows it on the website, I am going to go and check it out in store later today and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom