• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Ugh so do I. I only put my first 3DS game into it two days ago -.-

Is it a doorcrasher type deal? I have a family member who just recently bought one...

The worst part about the Playbook sale is that all the hoarders are going to buy them, and since most retailers have extended return periods, they'll hang onto them until early January.

And I'm pretty sure the 3DS will be pretty limited.

frequency

DevelopmentArrested said:
I think it would be foolish to think you'll be able to get it for less than 130$ anytime soon.
Holy fuck I bought it for DOUBLE that a few months ago.
So did I :(

... I'm tempted to get a second one for $130. Because I'm a sucker.

Cheerilee

crimzonflame said:
All I see is "you know the drill". I dont where to look :( Please dont mock me.
Press the "quote" button on Lone's post (but don't "submit reply"). You should see that his post contains more text that has been hidden in tags that won't normally appear.

This is so that only GAF members can read his posts.

ruby_onix said:
Press the "quote" button on Lone's post (but don't "submit reply"). You should see that his post contains more text that has been hidden in tags that won't normally appear.

This is so that only GAF members can read his posts.

Thank you very much.

IceIpor

Fuzzy said:
Turns out I had 4 Zelda CE pre-orders and 1 regular (I've previously cancelled 2 of those). I cancelled 2 of the CE pre-orders today leaving me just 1 from FS and 1 from BB. If someone in Toronto can't get one then I'll let one of them go for the price I paid for it.

Fuzzy, how much did you pay for it? I might be willing to buy one of those CE's off of your hand.

I preordered a standard one, but it was too late for me to change my order once I realized maybe I would go for a CE edition after all.

Spike

If anyone is still looking for the Zelda LE your last chance is Wal-Mart.

They have preorder cards where you put $10 down now, and then you bring this card and your receipt to pick up the game.

Here's what you need to look/ask for:

imgks.jpg
img0001kyz.jpg

Lone_Prodigy said:
Next week's flyers (you know the drill).

Anybody used the TB 360 headset in that flyer?

Are they easy to set up? I have an HDMI cable going from my 360 to the TV-how do the headphones get both the game audio and the mic/headset audio, and do they cut each other out?

krae_man

Bestbuy just screwed up in my favor.

I got a $10 off coupon from Bestbuy for shipping OOT 3DS late. I applied it to New Super Mario 3D Land during a $5 off preorder promotion so I would get the game for $24.99. However, I accidentally cancelled the preorder and I had to email them to get the $10 code reapplied to the replacement order.

Fast forward to this week and the game ships and I'm charged $39.54. I phone them complaining that the $10 off code wasn't applied and they apologize and said they will get it cleared up. I just looked on my credit card statement and I have a $22.60 credit. They applied the $10 off twice! I also got a rewards zone email saying the game qualified for $10 in rewards zone points.

So in the end I got Super Mario 3D Land for $16.94 and a $10 off a future game voucher.

You Rock Bestbuy:lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
IceIpor said:
Fuzzy, how much did you pay for it? I might be willing to buy one of those CE's off of your hand.

I preordered a standard one, but it was too late for me to change my order once I realized maybe I would go for a CE edition after all.
Product Total $62.99
Shipping No charge
Subtotal $62.99
ON HST $8.19
Order Total $71.18

The order I'm keeping was for $59.99.

Lourio

Since I was lttp, I ended up buying the Zelda LE off of Ebay for about $100 shipped, the cheapest I found... Didn't want to lose out, bah on the brightside, at least I got myself a copy!

IceIpor

Fuzzy said:
Product Total $62.99
Shipping No charge
Subtotal $62.99
ON HST $8.19
Order Total $71.18

The order I'm keeping was for $59.99.

Hmm.. Not bad.

I guess I will purchase it, if you don't mind Fuzzy.

Spike

krae_man said:
Bestbuy just screwed up in my favor.

I got a $10 off coupon from Bestbuy for shipping OOT 3DS late. I applied it to New Super Mario 3D Land during a $5 off preorder promotion so I would get the game for $24.99. However, I accidentally cancelled the preorder and I had to email them to get the $10 code reapplied to the replacement order.

Fast forward to this week and the game ships and I'm charged $39.54. I phone them complaining that the $10 off code wasn't applied and they apologize and said they will get it cleared up. I just looked on my credit card statement and I have a $22.60 credit. They applied the $10 off twice! I also got a rewards zone email saying the game qualified for $10 in rewards zone points.

So in the end I got Super Mario 3D Land for $16.94 and a $10 off a future game voucher.

You Rock Bestbuy:lol

You should call them back and let them know they deducted the $10 off code twice.

krae_man

Spike said:
You should call them back and let them know they deducted the $10 off code twice.
They didn't give me anything for shipping Star Fox over 2 weeks late so as far as I'm concerned Things balance out in the end.

UberTag

krae_man said:
I still need to get on starting KW GAF |OT|.
How many of us will be able to legitimately contribute to said thread?
Are there like over a dozen of us or just a small handful?

Socreges

Banned
So I'm in the market for a new LED TV. Any great deals going on right now that you guys know about? I'm in BC.

Ideally, between 40 and 46 inches.

Fuzzy

Socreges said:
So I'm in the market for a new LED TV. Any great deals going on right now that you guys know about? I'm in BC.

I was at FS this week and I heard the CS manager telling someone they're having a sale next week to coincide with Black Friday in the US. Maybe it'll be better than some of their previous sales but who knows.

I also have an extra Zelda bundle for sale (at cost) to any Vancouver GAFer. By at cost I mean around $70 all in.

EDIT: assuming it doesn't show up all battered and beaten.

Socreges

Banned
Fuzzy said:
I was at FS this week and I heard the CS manager telling someone they're having a sale next week to coincide with Black Friday in the US. Maybe it'll be better than some of their previous sales but who knows.
Very interesting. I guess I'll hold off for now then, thanks.

Firestorm

Socreges said:

You're on the island iirc? I don't know if you have a Visions, but they price beat by 5% (not the difference) and I think their extended warranty gets turned into store credit if you don't use it which is nice.

Socreges

Banned
Firestorm said:
You're on the island iirc? I don't know if you have a Visions, but they price beat by 5% (not the difference) and I think their extended warranty gets turned into store credit if you don't use it which is nice.
Hah. I was just looking at Visions and paused to refresh this thread. They do have a store in Victoria. Just opened.

krae_man

UberTag said:
How many of us will be able to legitimately contribute to said thread?
Are there like over a dozen of us or just a small handful?

I haven't kept track. I think there's at least 6 of us. Start a thread bashing the Kitchener Rangers and see what happens:p

Seriously though there's enough to talk about with the Aud expansion, LRT, Roundabout haters could vent etc.

Fuzzy

Noticed something not mentioned in Lone_Prodigy's post. From CAG:

RCSS no tax weekend in Ontario Nov 18-20.

iLLmAtlc

Takuan said:
Did anyone who pre-ordered UMVC3 from Future Shop receive their DLC code? If so, how was it sent?

Not sure about UMVC3 specifically, but for Uncharted at least they send you an e-mail with the subject of something like "important information about your Futureshop order"

iphys

Shoppers has the 3DS for $150 for next week and it's a 20x Optimum event on Saturday, so that's a better deal than the $130 3DS by the time you factor in the value of the 30,000 points you earn.

BTW, supposedly super redemption is happening on Dec 3/4, and it's going to be $125 for 50,000 points or $250 for 95,000 points again, so Saturday's 20x is a good chance to build up your points for that.

Fuzzy

Any of you guys want the Sheepinator Morph Weapon Mod for Ratchet & Clank All 4 One? I got an extra code and I'd rather give it to a Canuck. I can't remember which one I redeemed so here are both of them. Post if you take it.

bryehn said:
Is the PlayBook worth it? Do they have a decent amount of apps or a good book service on it?

There's an excellent chance that the product will not see a second iteration which will not help incent 3rd parties to develop for it. I would say it's not worth it for $200, no.

Others may disagree.

frequency

Lone_Prodigy said:
So when should we start seeing shipping notices for Zelda? Today? Bwahahahahaha.

It's gonna ship Monday. :-(
But only for half of us. The other half will have to wait longer.

On another note, are the FS Batman steelbook 5% "sorry" codes unique or tied to your account? I don't think I'll be using mine and it's coming up to the 27th (expiry date).

Firestorm

bryehn said:
Is the PlayBook worth it? Do they have a decent amount of apps or a good book service on it?
It comes loaded with a Kobo app to buy books on. I used the picture app to load up manga on and found it effective enough for that as well.

btkadams

can someone explain to me how the skyrim steelbook works that fs is selling? it says it is free when i buy skyrim, but if i put both in the cart, it charges me 99 for the steelbook? do i just not put it in the cart and it will send it to me with just buying skyrim regularly?

btkadams said:
can someone explain to me how the skyrim steelbook works that fs is selling? it says it is free when i buy skyrim, but if i put both in the cart, it charges me 99 for the steelbook? do i just not put it in the cart and it will send it to me with just buying skyrim regularly?

I just walked in last Friday and they gave me one.

Edit: Just noticed you were referring to online. Sorry.

Cactus

Banned
Wow, Future Shop actually sent me a shipping notice for Skyward Sword.

Hopefully they ship my limited edition today as well...

EDIT: They did! Future Shop redeemed!

grego9198

I totally forgot about Zelda until a couple days ago.

I went to Wal-mart (Queensway/427 in Etobicoke) to try and snag a preorder copy, doesn't look like they have any left as their preorder cards appear to be behind the glass and the lady in electronics had never seen it.

May try going to this tomorrow morning: http://www.nintendo.ca/zelda/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
grego9198 said:
I totally forgot about Zelda until a couple days ago.

I went to Wal-mart (Queensway/427 in Etobicoke) to try and snag a preorder copy, doesn't look like they have any left as their preorder cards appear to be behind the glass and the lady in electronics had never seen it.

May try going to this tomorrow morning: http://www.nintendo.ca/zelda/

I'll go tomorrow morning. But if I get lazy / forget / wake up late, I'm sure the Wal-Mart north of me will have plenty of copies.

btkadams

PalaceBrother said:
I just walked in last Friday and they gave me one.

Edit: Just noticed you were referring to online. Sorry.
hmm...well i'm going to test if this works. i'm ordering just the standalone game online for in-store pickup. it says on the website that the steelbooks are still in stock at the store, so hopefully i can get one. the reason i'm ordering online is because i have a 10 dollar off coupon code from uncharted 3 shipping late.

Magnus

Traded two games I bought for $25 into GameStop with the AC:R coupon and got a fully paid $60 preorder for SW:TOR. Giggity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom