• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Quoted flyer has Disney Universe at $29.99 next week in Best Buy. Have any other stores beaten that price yet? I'm hoping to pick it up for a Christmas present for someone. I usually wait until the last week before Christmas since games drop in price so quickly, but $29 is pretty low so it might be my best bet.

Quoted flyer has Disney Universe at $29.99 next week in Best Buy. Have any other stores beaten that price yet? I'm hoping to pick it up for a Christmas present for someone. I usually wait until the last week before Christmas since games drop in price so quickly, but $29 is pretty low so it might be my best bet.

Anything you buy now can be returned in early January. I don't really see any risks as long as you keep the receipt/request a gift receipt.

isny

napkin dispenser
I've been refunded the different a couple times before, but I'm not sure if Walmart generally does that sort of thing or not.

If you're refused, there's an easy solution. Walk over to the Electronics department, buy the game at the sale price, return said game using original receipt with more expensive price on it.

RC

Banned
I'm wondering, if I bought Arkham City today at Walmart, would I get price protection for the black Friday sale?

isny

napkin dispenser
If you're refused, there's an easy solution. Walk over to the Electronics department, buy the game at the sale price, return said game using original receipt with more expensive price on it.

I'm wondering, if I bought Arkham City today at Walmart, would I get price protection for the black Friday sale?

Same deal as above. If they refuse you, just do what I've mentioned above.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
According to their tool on their website, all I have is their phone service =/ I live in the Fraser area so it's not like I'm somewhere remote
Haha, I made the same mistake. Look in the upper right corner, the default is Ontario. Change that to BC, then select the services you'd like.

V-TOWN REPRESENT

So it looks like we're going to drop Acanac for TekSavy DSL (since we already have all the DSL modems and stuff). I just have a question, for TS do you pay the entire year upfront like you do Acanac, or do you get charged monthly?
Monthly or yearly, your choice.

Takao

Banned
Alright, thanks. One of the reasons we're dropping Acanac is that our service has been sketchy this past year, and we kind of slogged through it because you pay beforehand.

Quick

Banned
I'm so far having a smooth experience with Teksavvy. And I'm paying monthly, as well. Go for it, Takao.

You can buy their modem off Canada Computers and get set up fast.

Takao

Banned
I'm so far having a smooth experience with Teksavvy. And I'm paying monthly, as well. Go for it, Takao.

You can buy their modem off Canada Computers and get set up fast.

I actually purchased my DSL modem before signing up to Acanac, so I'm just going to sign up for the DSL service. I don't really need the huge speeds from cable or something.

Anth0ny

Any Black Friday deals for Dark Souls? One of the only AAA games I'm willing to buy at full price... but $39.99 would be fine and dandy.

isny

napkin dispenser
Can Futureshop PM Toysrus?

FS and BB are supposed to PM any "Authorized" Canadian Retailer on any in stock items at said retailer.

What they do, and what their policy is are two difference things.

You'll either get someone who could care less and will process the PM, or you'll get someone who will be afraid that they'll lose their job if they let you "get away" with a PM and will be worried they'll lose the company money and will make up every excuse to deny your PM.

Always YMMV when PM'ing. But yes, they should PM TRU.

Firestorm

Available for Pickup at VANCOUVER BC V5Z-4E7 between 08:00 AM and 06:30 PM - Saturday Hours 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM

sweet baby jesus when did purolator start letting us pick up packages in vancouver beside a skytrain station instead of the southern most part of burnaby which i didn't know existed?!

sikkinixx

No decent PS3 deals? Bummer. The gf is trying to buy another PS3 for the household and was frantically trying to find the mythical $150 160GB Costco deal with no success.

The only "sales" are on $300 bundles with Move stuff. I'm trying to hold her back on trading a ton of $8+ games at EB for their $25 TIV deal on a system. Boxing Day is so close, and I just have a feeling she will be able to get one then with some cool stuff.

Do we have a breakdown of the best places for Black Friday deals in Canada? I like going to Amazon.com but I hate the shipping charges we have to pay.

iphys

Anyone having glitches with their BestBuy reward zone points? I got an e-mail saying I had earned $65, which makes no sense, because last I checked I had around 1000 points, and I was expecting to get 800 each for Super Mario 3D Land, Skyward Sword, and Mario Kart 7, but not yet. Anyway, I logged into my account to try to print off the certificate, and it shows I have a point balance of 94 and the option to reprint certificates? Does this mean someone else is using my account and already printed off these $65 of certificates? I don't get how I got $65 of certificates or how someone else could be using my account. When I check the transaction history it doesn't even make sense how I suddenly wound up with so many points, because the only recent things it shows are three 800 point credits for games, which even if it did credit those to me early, I shouldn't have so many points.

Edit: I just noticed the certificates say they must scan my RZ card, so even if someone else is using my account there's no way they can redeem my certificates without my membership card, right? I just don't want to go all the way to the store and then find out these certificates can't be used.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyone having glitches with their BestBuy reward zone points? I got an e-mail saying I had earned $65, which makes no sense, because last I checked I had around 1000 points, and I was expecting to get 800 each for Super Mario 3D Land, Skyward Sword, and Mario Kart 7, but not yet. Anyway, I logged into my account to try to print off the certificate, and it shows I have a point balance of 94 and the option to reprint certificates? Does this mean someone else is using my account and already printed off these $65 of certificates? I don't get how I got $65 of certificates or how someone else could be using my account. When I check the transaction history it doesn't even make sense how I suddenly wound up with so many points, because the only recent things it shows are three 800 point credits for games, which even if it did credit those to me early, I shouldn't have so many points.

Edit: I just noticed the certificates say they must scan my RZ card, so even if someone else is using my account there's no way they can redeem my certificates without my membership card, right? I just don't want to go all the way to the store and then find out these certificates can't be used.
I think there might be a glitch if you joined the Gamers Club where you get 2x the RZ points for game purchases. I just got an email saying I had another $25 waiting for me and the only thing that was added to my account between last week and today was a 800 point bonus for a pre-order game. Gamers Club may have mistakenly doubled the bonus. It's a happy little mistake in my favour.

To answer your other question, it always says "reprint" when you go to the site. You also don't have to have your card scanned to redeem certificates in-store. If you don't have a card then you can just give them your phone number.

Lothars

Nope it just means that it calculated the points and awarded you the 65 dollars, I wouldn't worry and just print out the certificates.

Hanzou

No decent PS3 deals? Bummer. The gf is trying to buy another PS3 for the household and was frantically trying to find the mythical $150 160GB Costco deal with no success.

The only "sales" are on $300 bundles with Move stuff. I'm trying to hold her back on trading a ton of $8+ games at EB for their $25 TIV deal on a system. Boxing Day is so close, and I just have a feeling she will be able to get one then with some cool stuff.

Bestbuy has the 160GB model For $200.

Tiktaalik

I disagree. If it weren't for this forum and the UBB issue exploding earlier this year, I never would have grokked on to Teksavvy. Hooked up with them on Monday and I'm cancelling my Telus internet today - 6 bucks cheaper and...

5zNKT.jpg

OLD AND BUSTED

6AzHZ.jpg

NEW HOTNESS

For further comparison, the lucky few in Vancouver (ie. me) also have the option of Novus.

1610631421.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom