• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

chrono01

What were you gonna do with the codes before? Lol
Codes? You mean the Early Access?

I got the Early Access from my PC CE [Square Enix] pre-order, but Amazon.ca didn't offer them for A Realm Reborn. Apparently they weren't a contributing partner. :(

Not that I would have much for a second set of codes, but if I was able to obtain them I would have [at least] had an extra set to give away to someone unfortunate enough to have missed out on them.

Luigi87

My copy of both Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F and Killer Is Dead shipped via EBGames.ca today!

No Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [PS3] from Amazon.ca, though. No worries, however. I'm mostly purchasing it for my collection [I already have the PC CE on its way], or I might pass it onto my sister if she becomes interested in the game. We'll see!

*stare*
My PDF shipped yesterday, but KiD is still open...

Lexxism

If anyone wants a lukewarm deal on a Vita memory card, Archambault has all video games accessories 20% off until September 1st. Just use the code - rd20pla

Highlights :-
- Vita 32GB @ $64 http://www.archambault.ca/ps-vita-carte-memoire-32gbps-vita-ACH003063338-fr-pr?noredirection=true
- PS4 DS4 Controller @ $47 http://www.archambault.ca/ps4-dualshock-4-noir-ACH003367116-en-pr
- $50 PSN Card @ $40 http://www.archambault.ca/ps3-carte-psn-50-ACH002503489-en-pr

I can't open the $50 PSN. Is the deal over already or something?

zroid

Banned
CP dropped NSLU in my porch mailbox (not the community box, as per usual). But our mail was supposed to be held by CP till the 26th... the hell? x-x

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
FS will have a VIP sale this coming Thursday.
AOMab7t.png

I'm curious what games it'll be.

I'm sure they'll have the customary Labour Day online only sale also this weekend.

Ondore

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for them to bring the $180 Vitas back. Between that and the Archambault sale, I'd be set for the hardware.

AOMab7t.png

I'm curious what games it'll be.

I'm sure they'll have the customary Labour Day online only sale also this weekend.

Well god damnit. I already bought Pikmin and Splinter Cell. If Saint's Row is on that list too, I'll be really salty :p.

I want someone in Canada to have a deal on Disney Infinity stuff!

zroid

Banned
Well god damnit. I already bought Pikmin and Splinter Cell. If Saint's Row is on that list too, I'll be really salty :p.

no need for salt

all three of those games were released in the last 30 days, so you could just buy them again and return with your old receipts =)

calder

Has anyone heard about when Canadian retailers will start taking in-store preorders for the nextgen consoles? I really want to skip the worry about a Friday PS4 delivery from Futureshop (I would be salty if I had to wait until Monday) and just get it in-store. I assume most of the big retailers will do a midnight launch, but they could announce it any day now. :p

Has anyone heard about when Canadian retailers will start taking in-store preorders for the nextgen consoles? I really want to skip the worry about a Friday PS4 delivery from Futureshop (I would be salty if I had to wait until Monday) and just get it in-store. I assume most of the big retailers will do a midnight launch, but they could announce it any day now. :p

You may have missed the boat. Both FS and Best Buy were doing preorders for a solid month, in store and online. I got my PS4 at Future Shop literally the day of their E3 press conference.

hahahaha, you're a few months late.

calder

You may have missed the boat. Both FS and Best Buy were doing preorders for a solid month, in store and online. I got my PS4 at Future Shop literally the day of their E3 press conference.

hahahaha, you're a few months late.

Hmm, I need a gif that expresses "tremendous rage" lol.

Well that will teach me a valuable lesson in asking random Best Buy dude wandering around about console preorders lol. I guess I now have to pray that Futureshop actually gets their preorders shipped on time. I just have so little faith in Futureshop and/or whoever does their shipping. It really doesn't help my confidence that the 'shipping and delivery' section of the FS website is a dead link. ;P

Well that will teach me a valuable lesson in asking random Best Buy dude wandering around about console preorders lol. I guess I now have to pray that Futureshop actually gets their preorders shipped on time. I just have so little faith in Futureshop and/or whoever does their shipping. It really doesn't help my confidence that the 'shipping and delivery' section of the FS website is a dead link. ;P

Just call around, especially EB and Wal-Mart. I wouldn't be surprised if EB is still taking launch preorders.

Gadirok

I had such little faith in FS as well that I cancelled my PS4 preorder from them and reordered from EB games.

Whether its The Last of Us or Pokemon Black 2 or whatever game I've ordered in the past year from them, its always shipped 2 days late.

I'm not a fan of midnight launches but I'd lean more towards that.

calder

Just call around, especially EB and Wal-Mart. I wouldn't be surprised if EB is still taking launch preorders.

Yeah I'll probably do that today. I see Wal-Mart hasn't begun in-store reservations yet (at least according to their website) so that could be a fall-back too. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I pre-ordered Killer is Dead from the Bestbuy website, but seeing the bad reviews, I now expect a price drop really soon... Can BestBuy refund me the difference if the price do drop in the next month? I don't have a retail store near me, so dealing with the website support would be ideal...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Yeah I'll probably do that today. I see Wal-Mart hasn't begun in-store reservations yet (at least according to their website) so that could be a fall-back too. Thanks!

Really? Where does it say that on the site?

I'm in the same boat as you, and Walmart is probably the most convenient for me, so I'm waiting for their in-store preorders to start.

calder

Really? Where does it say that on the site?

I'm in the same boat as you, and Walmart is probably the most convenient for me, so I'm waiting for their in-store preorders to start.

If you go to the PS4 preorder page on the website and look under "Questions and Answers" at the bottom:

what about preordering
When i went to all the Wallmarts in city and they said that they do not reserve the ps4,but on line you say you can why is that.
2 months ago
byoddjob

Answer:
Right now we are only taking preorders online. However, they will be available for preorder in store - we're currently working through the details of when exactly that will be. For now, walmart.ca is here for you. :)
1 month ago
by WalmartCACommunityMgr

With that info being a month old I'm a bit leery. But you'd think they'd update the page with new info.

Luigi87

Um, what the hell Purolator?

2:41 p.m. Mount Hope, ON : Appointment required for delivery. Receiver will be contacted to reschedule.

I live in Hamilton, and somehow it wound up at the facility it left this morning again.

Cynar

Um, what the hell Purolator?

I live in Hamilton, and somehow it wound up at the facility it left this morning again.

I live in Hamilton as well. Purolator is garbage here. I'm pretty sure they don't even bother to knock or attempt to deliver.

Luigi87

Clearly this time it wasn't even a delivery attempt, because rather than be at their Hamilton facility, it's back at their Mount Hope facility.
That's like three hours away.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Any 3DS/XL deals? My friend is looking but I told him to wait for Pokémon. That's the game he wants, but I wasn't sure if that bundle is coming to NA or not.

frequency

I like Purolator. They always ring the doorbell and wait. Not like UPS that like kick my door and throw my package on the ground so by the time I get to the door, the man has run back to his truck and is half way through getting back on the truck.

Actually now that I think about it, maybe UPS doesn't kick my door and throw my package on the ground but rather hurl the package at my door so it sounds like a kick.

Also Purolator is the only courier in the country that can get me orders from Ontario in a single day. Everyone else is 2+.

Luigi87

This is in fact the first problem I've had with Purolator. They usually are next day delivery for me and are quick.
I just don't get why it went back to their Mount Hope facility, rather than their Hamilton facility.

Edit: Okay I'm none too bright apparently, I guess Google Maps fails and Mount Hope is closer than expected.
Unfortunately it seems like the probable explanation is there is being road work done on my street that started today, and Purolator I suppose felt they could not go down my street.

And yes, UPS is the worst. By far.

Does anyone know if the XBONE bundles at GameStop.Ca are day one editions as well??
I see nothing (at all) in the description, but Im still able to preorder the bundle editions while the regular is sold out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So wow, EBGames finally started printing pre-order codes on receipts. It took so long for them to figure it out. :p

If you bought Hatsune Miku from them, you should see if you have a code on yours.

Top Bottom