• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

J-Man

I was able to grab a copy of XCOM for the 29.99 (awesome!) which is very cool, but because it wasn't in stock it's estimated to be shipping when I get GTAV.

Hey, I've noticed that amazon has updated the listing for the PS4 to include (Launch Edition) next to the name. I placed my order right after the PS4 E3 conference, and it does not have that tag in the order name. Does that matter?

Ended up trading all those titles in for the bonus next gen trade values at EB last week. The lady messed up the preorder premotion and ended up forgetting to scan in three of my games (though she took them without crediting me) so that sucked, but what can you do?
Transferred the credit to a gift card today after canceling the PS4 preorder, so hopefully I'll be able to find a EB/GS that has some open XBONE slots up in Ontario.

balohna

I'm pretty sure all of these are expiring within hours, but I decided to get a Wii U and here's how I handled it:

• Wii U deluxe for $280 from NCIX. Saved $70 + tax (BC 12%) = $78.40.
  • Pikmin 3 from Superstore no tax weekend. Saved $7.20.
  • Wonderful 101 and Super Mario 3D World pre-orders from Best Buy. $10 off each = saved $20 + tax = $22.40.

Total savings: $108.

Which is very close to the cost of the two pre-orders after taxes.

balohna

I pre-ordered the launch day PS4 back in May right after E3, WOOOT!! But I've now decided that I want the PS4 Camera too. So when I went to EB Games to add it to my pre-order they told me they couldn't add it. He kept saying it wasn't in their listings to pre-order anymore.

So I went online and bought the thing on EB Games.ca or whatever, where they specifically tell you that store pick up is not possible.

Amazon.ca didn't have any for pre-order anymore, and Amazon.com was 25 bucks more for shipping .. etc.

What do you guys think? Anyone working at EB?

Should I order from FS instead, and cancel my EB online order?

You won't have any difficulty finding the camera. Just walk into a store and buy it.

i-Jest

I'm pretty sure all of these are expiring within hours, but I decided to get a Wii U and here's how I handled it:

• Wii U deluxe for $280 from NCIX. Saved $70 + tax (BC 12%) = $78.40.
  • Pikmin 3 from Superstore no tax weekend. Saved $7.20.
  • Wonderful 101 and Super Mario 3D World pre-orders from Best Buy. $10 off each = saved $20 + tax = $22.40.

Total savings: $108.

Which is very close to the cost of the two pre-orders after taxes.

So mad I missed that Wii U deal.

zorbsie

Hey everyone, can we talk internet providers for a bit. I live in Toronto and am getting hosed by Rogers. My bandwidth limit is 150GB which was fine, but we switched to basic cable and got netflix. With 5 days left in the month I'm already 16GB over. I called to upgrade to unlimited but apparently they don't offer that anymore, I missed it by one day. So is there any unlimited options in the city or am I just screwed? I feel like the money I saved going to basic cable is being put into overage fees, which defeats the purpose.

Fularu

Banned
Hey everyone, can we talk internet providers for a bit. I live in Toronto and am getting hosed by Rogers. My bandwidth limit is 150GB which was fine, but we switched to basic cable and got netflix. With 5 days left in the month I'm already 16GB over. I called to upgrade to unlimited but apparently they don't offer that anymore, I missed it by one day. So is there any unlimited options in the city or am I just screwed? I feel like the money I saved going to basic cable is being put into overage fees, which defeats the purpose.
Teksavvy

TideTime

Teksavvy, good speeds and a great price. Especially with the recent ATPIA migrations.

krae_man

Yeah Teksavvy, their cap is 300gb but I don't think they even have the ability to check.

I'm assuming you're on the $80/month 45mbps plan? You can get that from Teksavvy for $55. There are other cheaper options like 25mbps for $40 if that is enough for you as well.

The only down side is you will have to buy your own modem and pay for installation which will run around $150 combined, but you will make that back in savings soon enough.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Teksavvy, their cap is 300gb but I don't think they even have the ability to check.

I'm assuming you're on the $80/month 45mbps plan? You can get that from Teksavvy for $55. There are other cheaper options like 25mbps for $40 if that is enough for you as well.

The only down side is you will have to buy your own router and pay for installation which will run around $150 combined, but you will make that back in savings soon enough.

well worth it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking for a headset to play GTA5 online with my friends, but I have no idea where to find a good deal on a decent one.

I'll use it mainly on PS3, but if it's something that I could also re-use on PC, it would be nice. I really won't use it that much, so I don't need something super-expensive / super-high quality. Just a standard headset with okay quality, as cheap as possible.

Any recommendation?

krae_man

I'm looking for a headset to play GTA5 online with my friends, but I have no idea where to find a good deal on a decent one.

I'll use it mainly on PS3, but if it's something that I could also re-use on PC, it would be nice. I really won't use it that much, so I don't need something super-expensive / super-high quality. Just a standard headset with okay quality, as cheap as possible.

Any recommendation?

Spend the money on a Pulse Elite headset. It's wireless and awesome. Seriously, well worth it.

Relevent to that, I was emailed this from Sony because of something I signed up for at FanExpo:

http://sonycrm.contestsys.com/

Two Free Vita games with a Wifi System purchase(LOL Uncharted is one of them), $10 off MLB13 or GOW Ascension, and $20 off Pulse Elite.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
The Pulse elite looks really nice, but I almost never play online. GTA5 will be the exception, and I have no idea if I won't stop playing it after a couple of weeks. I don't really think I should drop that amount of money on something I'll barely use (and I don't really have that type of budget anyway...). Anything decent below $50? As I said, it's something that I'll barely use, so I don't really need tip-top quality...

Luigi87

Curses, my copies of Killer is Dead, and Project Diva F still haven't gone into processing on EBGames.ca. Guess I likely won't see them tomorrow.

Usually they're so prompt with day one delivery x_x

Edit: One down, one to go.

Important: I am getting rid of my original 360 because it had a fall and it's lucky to still work, it's passed a 3-year warranty from The Source (doubt it'd be qualified even still), I deleted my profile in the 360's memory setting, my account is 100% removed and thus no one can access it correct? All the games are still in it but for instance Banjo won't start without new profile.

Just want to make sure my account is not accessible anymore, bonus if it still exists for me to reclaim (should be) as long as I sign in it myself.

krae_man

The Pulse elite looks really nice, but I almost never play online. GTA5 will be the exception, and I have no idea if I won't stop playing it after a couple of weeks. I don't really think I should drop that amount of money on something I'll barely use (and I don't really have that type of budget anyway...). Anything decent below $50? As I said, it's something that I'll barely use, so I don't really need tip-top quality...

Well the Elite are also perfect for offline as well. Late gaming when you want to keep the noise down and whatnot. They are also great for some game experiences. Last of Us was amazing with the headsets.

GTA5 will also have a specific Pulse Elite headphone audio mix.

Any old Bluetooth headset will work on PS3 so you could just get a $20 Jabra or something and a Wired USB headset for your PC if you want to keep the cost down.

balohna

Superstore has (had?) XBL Gold for $39.99. I almost bought it 2 days ago but I only have like a month or two worth of gaming I want to do on XBL in the near future.

Mr. F

Banned
you know that Tsilon hasnt been active with their perks in a long while? like, since Last of us :/

I honestly had no idea! Visiting the site for the daily codes totally slipped off my radar months ago and I just remembered it existed today. Ah well.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just made @FS_Gamer delete a tweet because they said pre-ordering an Xbone/PS4 would net you $25 if you used PayPal.

Yes, though the PayPal cashback deal is great for upgrading Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles!
:lol

Grimsen

Bought a 12 month xbl card at Costco today for 37.50$ no tax. The fact that a lot of retailers are having the same sale, but that the price on the dashboard is still 60$ is stupid.

Curses, my copies of Killer is Dead, and Project Diva F still haven't gone into processing on EBGames.ca. Guess I likely won't see them tomorrow.

EB did not call me for Killer is Dead yet. Might be like Lollipop Chainsaw, they got it one day late because it shipped on release date.

Sora_N

Weird, I ordered this morning for Miku and they shipped it out 10 minutes later lol. EB site is so much better than the retail stores, much better shopping experience.

krae_man

Thanks fellas, looks like I'm going to check out teksavvy.

If you don't feel like going through the trouble of switching, you can always talk to retentions and threaten to leave.

Rogers keeps sending me offers in the mail because the previous tenant in my apartment had them and I don't. I was just sent an offer for 300gb cap for $45/month. It doesn't say what speed though.

Edit: A quick look at RFD says the speed is 30mbps.

Lurkee

Neo Member
Ended up trading all those titles in for the bonus next gen trade values at EB last week. The lady messed up the preorder premotion and ended up forgetting to scan in three of my games (though she took them without crediting me) so that sucked, but what can you do?
Transferred the credit to a gift card today after canceling the PS4 preorder, so hopefully I'll be able to find a EB/GS that has some open XBONE slots up in Ontario.

Wth, you should definitely go back and talk to the person who did your transaction! Not cool!

Tagg9

chrono01

My copy of both Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F and Killer Is Dead shipped via EBGames.ca today!

No Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [PS3] from Amazon.ca, though. No worries, however. I'm mostly purchasing it for my collection [I already have the PC CE on its way], or I might pass it onto my sister if she becomes interested in the game. We'll see!

Sora_N

My copy of both Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F and Killer Is Dead shipped via EBGames.ca today!

No Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [PS3] from Amazon.ca, though. No worries, however. I'm mostly purchasing it for my collection [I already have the PC CE on its way], or I might pass it onto my sister if she becomes interested in the game. We'll see!

What were you gonna do with the codes before? Lol

Top Bottom