• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

dream

Just remember to go back and change your shipping options to ground (so that it's free). It defaults to express shipping.

Yeah, I figured that part out. But I'm stuck in an infinite loop where I click on "Checkout with PayPal," get sent to PayPal where I log in and confirm, then get sent back to bestbuy.ca where I have to "Checkout with PayPal" again.

Lexxism

Canada-GAF!

If there's someone who were looking for a good WiiU Deluxe set deal. NCIX has it for $280.

I'm still looking for below $250 :p

Mupod

That's what it supposed to be but it does work with $60 below. I just tried it.

yeah I didn't have a preorder for either Pokemon game from the Future Shop E3 promotion, but I'm buying a copy for my little brother so this came at the right time. Now I just need to find a cheap 3DS.

FrsDvl

I have just cancled my Xbox One at Best Buy, so for anyone that still want's one. keep an eye out, they might put it back up

Asking my question from last page again in case someone who knows missed it.

WallMart Vita with 1 year PS+ bundle shows at 199$ online but 299$ in-store when I enter my postal code. Will they price match their online price even if the item is out of stock online?

Cudder

What shipping speed do you have?

Yikes, you made me check my delivery date with that statement.

I ordered right after the conference, and I have PRIORITY SHIPPING and my delivery date is Nov 19 2013 - Nov 20 2013.

:/

Man. Might just cancel it and try to get a preorder in somewhere in the city now...although I do save like 20 bucks on taxes by using Amazon because they don't charge PST.
Updated my shipping speed to PRIORITY and it now says Nov 19-20. Still later than I wanted, though.

Well I used the BB sale to pre-order FIFA 14 and KZ: Shadow Fall for PS4 since I came to the realization that the only launch game I had pre-ordered was Watch_Dogs...and what if it's not as good as I want it to be? That's it though. I've got way more money tied up in pre-orders right now than I've ever had in my life. I really hope FIFA 14 is better than how 90% of EA Sports launch titles turn out.

Lexxism

Asking my question from last page again in case someone who knows missed it.

WallMart Vita with 1 year PS+ bundle shows at 199$ online but 299$ in-store when I enter my postal code. Will they price match their online price even if the item is out of stock online?

I'm pretty sure they will. Lucky if you can still find a stock of this.

Look at what I spotted at A&C Games in Toronto:

i7G0lF8MYMgTu.png

Brand new in proper cellophane, and in a red case. o_O Had no idea Nintendo reprinted PiT with the red case!

It was $45.

sobble

Neo Member
Ughh been waiting for PiT or the Bowser one to go for a cheaper price. The game has been out for so long but they still haven't reduced it as far as I know.

BTW, I was at FS today, and I saw Splinter Cell on the shelf for all versions, and shockingly, only the Wii U version had the Ultimate Espionage Pack peel code on it, now I didn't check the back of every version to see if they were hiding at the back, but I'm actually pretty sure I checked the PS3 and PC versions, nada. All were in their store security cases.

Has BB/FS sent any of you a shipping notice for Luigi U?

I haven't received one yet, which is a little bit surprising.

No mine hasn't shipped either. Actually, looking at the page they charged me $35 for Luigi? I had preordered from the E3 sale for $19 and nothing else in that order has been released yet, guess I'll have to give them a call.

*Customer rep said that when the system separated Luigi for shipping it defaulted to paid shipping as it was under $20 (air delivery too!), thankfully I'm getting a refund on the shipping cost. Anyone who also ordered the game from E3 might want to double check their order too just in case.

I've been thinking... Since Paypal purchases are immediately taken from your bank account when preordering stuff from alot of sites, could I preorder a PS4 from FutureShop and get the 25 Bucks discount. I'm tempted to try it out.

Just bought 300 bucks of preorders games (Dark Souls 2, GTA5, MGS5, Infamous S.S, AC4 and Watch Dogs) on best buy thanks to the 10 bucks rebate thingy. Buy five games, get one free basically.

EDIT : Well ,I check further and it indeed excludes preorders, which sucks.

Lexxism

^ It won't work with pre-order.

The following transactions are excluded from this Offer: Pre-orders, gift certificate payments, gift card and e-gift card purchases, ConnectPro services, Reserve and Pick Up orders, automatic and/or recurring payments that you have scheduled and payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account.

Returners

YMMV, Waterloo Conestoga Futureshop is selling all of their steel books 3 for 9.99. Including the new Splinter Cell Blacklist Steelbook.

Lexxism

If someone is looking for 32gb vita memory card, amazon uk apparently has it for £38.28 including shipping. If you convert it, that will be C$62.5. That's a pretty sweet deal but the problem will be the duty taxes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
For the people wondering about the details for the Madden upgrade to next gen, here's the FS fine print.

Play Madden 25 now, upgrade to next-gen later!

Trade in your current-gen Madden 25 and get a $60 credit when the PS4 and Xbox One versions launch this fall. Offer valid one week (7 days) from the release date of Madden 25 on PS4 and Xbox One. Current-gen Madden 25 game must be purchased at a Future Shop and in good condition. Original Future Shop receipt with current-gen Madden 25 must be present and accompany game at the time of trade in. Limited time offer, no rainchecks. The $60 trade-in credit will be applied to new game
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/category/ea-sports-madden-nfl/madden-nfl.aspx

My guess is the same details will be true of the other upgrade offers.

Top Bottom