• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But it's possible, right? that's all I'm wondering, really. Zelda will be the last part of my E3 pre-order to be delivered, and if FS won't lower the price I may just cancel it and then purchase it from the estore with my FE/SMT credit.
Yes, just call and cancel.

Mikey Jr.

Bought a Nexus 7 from them yesterday and thought the same but that just seems to be their Canadian office address.

When I received the shipment notification it said its shipping from the US.

"Departed - Lexington, KY, United States, Thursday, 08/29/2013"

Damn. You're right. Its coming Tuesday. Ohh well.

Ondore

1st page is here, second is here (at least for the Dartmouth, NS store).

Looks like XCom Declassified, Saints Row IV, and Splinter Cell are all there. Also, Shin Megami Tensei IV so if you're looking for a cheap SMT for the $30 credit this looks like your best shot.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
1st page is here, second is here (at least for the Dartmouth, NS store).

Looks like XCom Declassified, Saints Row IV, and Splinter Cell are all there. Also, Shin Megami Tensei IV so if you're looking for a cheap SMT for the $30 credit this looks like your best shot.
Since this post is getting retweeted, here's a better version.

Seems really strange.

I wonder if that store is the issue.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/futureshop-3-select-games-99-thurs-aug-29-only-1377206/

The official list is here.

whgn.jpg

zroid

Banned
hmmmm

a few things are attracting me, but it's not enough to get me to make a $60 impulse buy of two games right now (I was gonna grab Pikmin and return it with my $40 receipt)

Sweet...going to get Pikmin & Bioshock. For the 3rd, trying to decide between Revengeance, the U version of Blacklist or Metro on PS3. Metro looks the most interesting out of those (I kinda felt flat after the Revengeance demo).

EDIT: Also, is this sale today only?

Fuzzy

Sweet...going to get Pikmin & Bioshock. For the 3rd, trying to decide between Revengeance, the U version of Blacklist or Metro on PS3. Metro looks the most interesting out of those (I kinda felt flat after the Revengeance demo).

EDIT: Also, is this sale today only?
3/$99 is today only and in-store only.

DJ_Lae

Darn, I was hoping Saints Row IV for PC would be on the list, and Xillia. Then I could return/sell my CE and GotG editions.

3/$99 is today only and in-store only.

Ok....hmmm...I actually have a lot to do today, and I just saw that the OS X version of Infinite just came out, with Metro coming soon. They'll definitely look better on HDMI output from my retinabook. That just leaves Pikmin as the only thing I was really interested in there. I may pass today.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Those sales are always the trickiest. Many of those games are or have been priced at $30-40.
Revengence for instance has been $30 for quite a long time now. If you pick that as one of your three games you save no money on that title at all.

Those sales are always the trickiest. Many of those games are or have been priced at $30-40.
Revengence for instance has been $30 for quite a long time now. If you pick that as one of your three games you save no money on that title at all.

That too.

Even Wii Party U is just $50. I wonder if that will be bundled.

They're bundling it with a Wiimote, like Wii Play was. It'll sell based on that.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Futureshop sale is an absolute scam. Waste my time going to the store in this heat only to find out that Pikmin 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist aren't even part of the promo. Complained to the manager but of course they wouldn't do anything about it. Left the store empty handed because I'm not gonna pay extra for $20-$30 games or reward Futureshop's incompetence.

Mupod

I need to get a 3DS for my little brother soon so good timing on that sale. I'm sure I can find something to use a $20 card on.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Is the $50 headset in the Futureshop ad worth anything? I'm looking for a cheap one to play GTA5 online with my friends, and getting one for slightly cheaper would be nice.

Futureshop sale is an absolute scam. Waste my time going to the store in this heat only to find out that Pikmin 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist aren't even part of the promo. Complained to the manager but of course they wouldn't do anything about it. Left the store empty handed because I'm not gonna pay extra for $20-$30 games or reward Futureshop's incompetence.

Wow, thanks for taking one for the team. That kills any lingering notion I had of going. Both those games were used in the ad image too, that's literally false advertising.

Seems really strange.

I wonder if that store is the issue.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/futureshop-3-select-games-99-thurs-aug-29-only-1377206/

The official list is here.

whgn.jpg

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
So they're selling sub $29.99 games for $33? Good job Futureshop. BioShock Infinite was $19.99 on Amazon, NHL 13 was $10 last week at FS and besides Nintendo games this is a shitty deal.

Fuzzy

So they're selling sub $29.99 games for $33? Good job Futureshop. BioShock Infinite was $19.99 on Amazon, NHL 13 was $10 last week at FS and besides Nintendo games this is a shitty deal.
Plus new games like Saints Row IV and Blacklist.

EDIT:
EB Games Canada@EBGamesCanada
FYI...We're looking into carrying the Zelda Wind Waker Limited Editions, stay tuned!
I'm tempted.

I'd do the futureshop deal for Blacklisted on the Wii U but nothing else on there is getting my attention. Saints Row maybe but I'm hearing it's pretty lousy on consoles.

Jayhawk

The Future Shop in-store deal for 3DS + Fire Emblem + $20 gift card for $160 is tempting. Historically, what has been the lowest sale price for the 3DS or 3DS XL?

Both Futureshop and Bestbuy says "Availability information not available" for Killer is Dead in-store. Does it mean they just don't have it or it worth to check in the stores anyway?

Gxgear

3DS XL MK7 version for $150, iirc at boxing day.

-but that's a rly rly good deal if you are into FE; I suspect we will see less and less deals for 3DS now that the library is strong

Save $50 coupon on 3DS/3DS XL at Staples was the cheapest as far as I know. About a month or 2 ago.

Ondore

So you can get a 3DS, Fire Emblem, SMT IV, Star Fox 64, DKC Returns, $30 in eShop credit and a $20 FS gift card for $240...?

Jesus.

Jayhawk

Gah... the only Fire Emblem 3DS bundle in stock near my work place is an open box one for $145ish. I think I'll grab it anyways.

So tempted to take advantage of the FS deal, but I can't see a third game. I want the new XCOM (terrible though it may be) and SMT4, but I already have everything else I'm interested in.

Top Bottom