• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Lexxism

Did you get any of the coupons a few weeks back? I'm fairly certain they aren't unique, so I could probably scan one for ya.

Coupons? Sent via e-mail?

What exactly were the deals on the coupons?

It's the coupon with 30% discount on any $50 or more(I think). The coupon will last till Sept 9?

Yeah, you can return unopened consoles within 30 days.

Perfect. Thank you.

Has anybody pre ordered an xbox one in store at best buy? I just did it yesterday and noticed that it didn't say Day One edition on my receipt. Does anyone have Day One edition printed on their receipts?

I asked the same question in here two days ago and got no reply, what I was told in another forum, is all editions "should" be Day one, on day one. Like stated above. I notice there is a sku on te receipt, so that may help define what consoles what.

Lexxism

That's pretty hefty. @isny, if you don't mind scanning or digging up a link to an image of the coupon, I'd appreciate it. :)

It was actually sent through your mailbox. So, I'm not quite sure if you will be able to use the scanned coupon. Here's what it looks like.

l0vz.jpg

Sora_N

I might finally get a Vita with the 20x points tomorrow. I had the 95,000 for a while.

It was actually sent through your mailbox. So, I'm not quite sure if you will be able to use the scanned coupon. Here's what it looks like.

Ugh, I wish I had that coupon lol.

Quick

Banned
Best Buy's having an iPhone trade-in promo, where you get an iPhone 5 for $0 on select 2-year contracts when you trade in an iPhone 4S.

I'm tempted to do it, and I can easily cancel my current plan, but I actually have a decent plan. The big obstacle is sacrificing my (relatively) cheap 6GB data plan. I called them up, and was told the closest to my current bill is 2GB.

Should I do it?!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Best Buy's having an iPhone trade-in promo, where you get an iPhone 5 for $0 on select 2-year contracts when you trade in an iPhone 4S.

I'm tempted to do it, and I can easily cancel my current plan, but I actually have a decent plan. The big obstacle is sacrificing my (relatively) cheap 6GB data plan. I called them up, and was told the closest to my current bill is 2GB.

Should I do it?!

Just wait for a 5s to come out and then buy an unlocked 5 directly from Apple?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How cheap would you think it is?
I have no idea, but I would presume it would cost the same as the 4s now?

Either way, unless you plan on giving up your contract soon, there's no reason to give it up just to save a couple of hundred bucks on a phone that will only last two or three years.

Quick

Banned
I have no idea, but I would presume it would cost the same as the 4s now?

Either way, unless you plan on giving up your contract soon, there's no reason to give it up just to save a couple of hundred bucks on a phone that will only last two or three years.

Thanks. You've given me something to think about.

On that note, 2-year plans! I didn't even notice that 2-year plans are being offered by the Big 3 now.

big_z

Yeah they won't take scanned coupons and someone on rfd said the last few digits are the same as your shoppers card so each set of coupons might be unique.

i-Jest

Its been a few years since I've looked at them, but I hadn't realized what a joke the mp3 player market has become. Most places seem to only sell iPods for anything over 8GB and iPods are ridiculously priced. Are there any decent mp3 players out there, maybe with expandable memory, for a decent price? I'm just looking for something that can sit in my car and be connected to the radio at all times, no way am I spending $300 on that.

The Samsung Galaxy Player maybe of interest. Also, I'd go here to further my options http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php

I still think about getting a 64gb Zune HD from time to time.

Daigr

So I take it futureshop won't adjust E3 Wind Waker pre-orders.
Has something like this happened before with this promo?

zroid

Banned
So I take it futureshop won't adjust E3 Wind Waker pre-orders.

Did I miss something? Who has tried and failed so far? I am noticing they adjusted the msrp to $49.99 finally, so I'll probably be giving 'em a call soon.

edit: if you were talking about them doing it automatically, then no, they won't do that. you have to call or email (calling is probably better).

Ondore

I just came to ask about Archambault, actually - I ordered a Vita memory card from them yesterday with the coupon, paid with PayPal, and it's been sitting in Processing ever since. Is this typical?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just came to ask about Archambault, actually - I ordered a Vita memory card from them yesterday with the coupon, paid with PayPal, and it's been sitting in Processing ever since. Is this typical?
I only remember ordering from them once (Batman AA GotY) and I remember it took forever to get the game.

snorggy

Might have run out of stock? I got in on the Vita card too, also paying with PayPal and my order has shipped already.

DJ_Lae

Hmm, they a decent place to order from? $252 after tax is pretty damn tempting for a WiiU with Wind Waker. All I'd need to find is someone who scored a $10 Nintendoland.

edit - I can't believe I'm waffling over this. $250 is still a good chunk of money (would buy a lot of PC games) and that Zelda bundle WiiU has one ugly gamepad. And DD Wind Waker, which is kind of meh.

Darko

Is there anyone interested on buying WiiU Wind Waker Bundle? Apparently, archambault.ca has a 20% discount on the console and you will just get it for just $240. I just placed my order.

no consoles with the coupon, itll get cancelled.

That futureshop 3DS deal is really tempting; $119 for the normal mode. I think that's almost as cheap as it'll get considering that there's a $129 model now.

Is 3DS that worse than the XL version? The purple color looks especially nice :3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That futureshop 3DS deal is really tempting; $119 for the normal mode. I think that's almost as cheap as it'll get considering that there's a $129 model now.

Is 3DS that worse than the XL version? The purple color looks especially nice :3
Where is this 3DS deal?

Regular 3DS is worse in terms of build quality, ergonomics and stuff like the start/home/select buttons being a bit of an inconvenience to press but yeah it looks about 10x sexier than the XL.

Jachaos

Where is this 3DS deal?

Regular 3DS is worse in terms of build quality, ergonomics and stuff like the start/home/select buttons being a bit of an inconvenience to press but yeah it looks about 10x sexier than the XL.

It's 139$ and comes with a 20$ Gift Card at FutureShop, I'm assuming that's what he means.

I haven't ever played with a 3DS XL so I wouldn't know, but I've heard many actually preferred the normal 3DS' screen because there's more pixel per inch and it looks less pixelated, however pretty much everyone agrees the XL is more comfortable. Still, I think a 80$ difference you could do with the normal 3DS - it's the one I use and I'm perfectly fine with it, except when playing games with nothing but the D-Pad, DS games mostly, then it's quite uncomfortable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's 139$ and comes with a 20$ Gift Card at FutureShop, I'm assuming that's what he means.

I haven't ever played with a 3DS XL so I wouldn't know, but I've heard many actually preferred the normal 3DS' screen because there's more pixel per inch and it looks less pixelated, however pretty much everyone agrees the XL is more comfortable. Still, I think a 80$ difference you could do with the normal 3DS - it's the one I use and I'm perfectly fine with it, except when playing games with nothing but the D-Pad, DS games mostly, then it's quite uncomfortable.
Yeah I've definitely heard mixed stuff about the screen (though I suppose the majority is positive), but haven't sat with one long enough to say either way. For me portability is a big deal too, so that + the cheaper price made the OG 3DS an easy decision for me. Though I do worry about it's hinge on a daily basis.

zroid

Banned
The way I tend to describe the XL's screen versus the OG's is "more". You get more of the good, along with more of the bad.

For example, games which utilize pixel art/sprites, which look good on the OG 3DS will look GREAT on the XL. You can see everything much more clearly, and the art really pops. On the other end of the spectrum, polygonal games which look fine on the OG 3DS because their aliasing is unnoticeable... will look worse on the XL, because it's more noticeable. The larger screens are not definitively better or worse, it just depends on what you're looking at and/or paying attention to.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It looks blown up, but the flip side is that you're not playing on a tiny screen. One thing is that while the XL is larger in terms of height, it's also slightly thinner than the original 3DS.

But then again, I did the trade 5 thing for the XL back when they took copies of Tin Tin, so it was very easy to do that upgrade.

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone. I haven't played with OG, but the first thing that I noticed on the XL was pixelation and jaggies. I think I'll just go with a purple 3DS, though it seems blue looks even better, but that's not available, whatever :D

I just received an email from bestbuy, and apparently they have reduced the Wii U Zombiu edition console to $300. Strangely it doesn't show up on their website, but I guess this will be what you will pay for if you find one at a store by luck.

Lexxism

I just received an email from bestbuy, and apparently they have reduced the Wii U Zombiu edition console to $300. Strangely it doesn't show up on their website, but I guess this will be what you will pay for if you find one at a store by luck.

I guess it's just a matter of time when other retailers do the same thing. I see a bunch of these bundles.

I guess it's just a matter of time when other retailers do the same thing. I see a bunch of these bundles.
I personally doubt that I'll be able to find a ZombiU deluxe console at BB or FS [I saw one recently around Toronto, but I live in Saskatoon duh], but I think if other stores drop the price to $300, it's a better deal than the WW edition. Though this year I guess I'll just get the 3DS.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys do end up with the OG 3DS, be sure to buy a grip for it. Fucking thing hurt my wrists up bad; I bought a grip and the pain went away.

Or just buy an XL

Lexxism

I personally doubt that I'll be able to find a ZombiU deluxe console at BB or FS [I saw one recently around Toronto, but I live in Saskatoon duh], but I think if other stores drop the price to $300, it's a better deal than the WW edition. Though this year I guess I'll just get the 3DS.

Yeah. I'll just probably wait for this bundle to go $300 just in case my $240 WW bundle got cancelled(I know it will).

Top Bottom