• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

espher

Any good deals on PS3 Dual Shock controllers? Mine unfortunately got battered recently.

I was in Costco here yesterday (Fredericton) and I want to say they had the Combo Pack thing (with Ratchet and Clank) for $26. I thought about grabbing one and passed but I may next time just to have a backup controller... that price is just too good. I was also pleased to get a Nunchuck for $10.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Is there a list anywhere of any places that might be doing a midnight release of GTA5 in Ontario?

I can't find a thing and I'd assume there has to be a few places in and around Toronto that would be doing it.
0gyjS3b.png

Also: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/category/gta/gta.aspx?fullsite=true&cmp=twitter_FSGamer

trixx

I posted earlier about this but i got a free xbox live 12 months from registering Office 365. Unfortunately i don't have an xbox 360 nor do i plan on getting an xbox one this year so i wanted to sell it.

If anyone in Toronto is interested in buying it off me, please pm me, if this isnt allowed please let me know. Offer ends oct 31st.

Canon

Banned
I posted this in the TV thread, but I think it's a good enough deal to repost here.

The Sony 47" w802 is available for $1019.58 (or a little more if you stick with NCIX).

http://www.ncix.ca/products/index.p...acture=Sony Consumer Electronics&promoid=1628

At checkout, enter this code (VIP code via email)
AVIP2013P02300

Then, print it out and go to Future Shop. Have them price match it by 10%!

This is one of the best gaming TVs apparently. The 55" is also on sale at NCIX for just $1199 with a different coupon code.

khaaan

Is Zelda U no longer a thing at Futureshop? My order changed it to Wind Waker HD so I called to get it changed back but the guy on the phone said that it was impossible and told me to mail service@futureshop.ca to try and get it resolved. Looking through the FS website I can't find Zelda U anymore.

Is Zelda U no longer a thing at Futureshop? My order changed it to Wind Waker HD so I called to get it changed back but the guy on the phone said that it was impossible and told me to mail service@futureshop.ca to try and get it resolved. Looking through the FS website I can't find Zelda U anymore.

Correct. Everybody with an order for Zelda U got their order changed. I now have two copies of WWHD preordered. Phoned to get one cancelled and despite the guy supposedly doing it they're both still there. Pain in the ass.

frequency

Correct. Everybody with an order for Zelda U got their order changed. I now have two copies of WWHD preordered. Phoned to get one cancelled and despite the guy supposedly doing it they're both still there. Pain in the ass.

I've had FutureShop cancel games on orders for me before and they just stay there forever but never get charged or shipped.
Their website is really really really terrible.

Mayyhem

Since I'm not going to be able to wait for FS to deliver (they were a day late with Splinter Cell), going to have to hit up that midnight launch for GTA V and then return my e3 pre-order copy when it arrives

Now that more of my E3 preorders are getting release dates I've noticed something that concerns me. Two of my orders (GT6 and LOZ:WW) are grouped under one shipment despite having two different ship dates. I'll probably call them about this in the next week.

Keep a look out for it.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
always makes me laugh how my backwards-ass city gets called out during midnight release announcements.

Fucking Sudbury and their stupid bylaws. We're still stuck in the middle ages up here. The mayor did fuck all as usual.

When GTA4 released Futureshop opened at 7 or 8am though. So there's that.

Layth

Best Buy charged me on Thursday but they still haven't shipped me Rayman Legends on the Wii U. I was hoping I'd get it by tomorrow but that's not happening.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Now that more of my E3 preorders are getting release dates I've noticed something that concerns me. Two of my orders (GT6 and LOZ:WW) are grouped under one shipment despite having two different ship dates. I'll probably call them about this in the next week.

Keep a look out for it.

Don't worry about it. Your orders will ship on their respective release dates. FS/BB will not wait to ship a game that was released in Spent because the other game releases in Oct.

Don't worry about it. Your orders will ship on their respective release dates. FS/BB will not wait to ship a game that was released in Spent because the other game releases in Oct.

They did mess up last year with NHL 13 being grouped with other games that came out much later, they said it was a computer error so who knows if they fixed it or not

Tagg9

Goddamnit. I thought I had Rayman Legends preordered, but it turns out I didn't. Guess I'll just wait for a sale...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They did mess up last year with NHL 13 being grouped with other games that came out much later, they said it was a computer error so who knows if they fixed it or not
It happened with a few other games last year also. My rule of thumb for FS/BB: if it looks like they'll screw up, they probably will.

Is anyone interested in buying an Xbox Live 12 month code for $35. The reason I am posting here is that I hate paypal and want to use interac money transfers.

Keep a look out for it.

That NHL 13 thing and other reports aside, I can tell you that I have had pre-order games grouped in the fashion you describe and they sent every game out on or near the release date as expected. Seems the grouping is normal. Barring a stupid computer screw-up, you'll be fine.

zroid

Banned
is it available onlne? You could ship with something else, my bb had half. Adozen.

Actually, it's not even listed online, lol.

They only have a listing for pre-owned, and it's unavailable. Maybe I'll drop by a nearby store and hope I get lucky.

That NHL 13 thing and other reports aside, I can tell you that I have had pre-order games grouped in the fashion you describe and they sent every game out on or near the release date as expected. Seems the grouping is normal. Barring a stupid computer screw-up, you'll be fine.

Thanks for the reassurance.

So where should I preorder the Wind Waker HD Wii U? Future Shop, I'm guessing?

EDIT: I already have a copy of Hyrule Historia so are there any other offers?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lies. You'll fold faster than a Japanese dude seeing a blonde girl in person for the first time.

I KNOW you, Firehawk! You ain't skipping shit. Except for birthday parties.

Do you speak from experience?!

Also, I mean I'm bailing on 360/PS3. :p
There's no reason to buy BF4 on last gen unless you are addicted to ranking up or something.

Noahd41

Neo Member
Anyone get their MM25 "official complete works" art book today? Out on Amazon.ca for about 50% off. I had preordered it, great bang for your buck. About 400 pages of great art from the last 25 years of the series.

I've had FutureShop cancel games on orders for me before and they just stay there forever but never get charged or shipped.
Their website is really really really terrible.

Looks like you're correct, I went back and checked and while it's still listed in the order it doesn't seem to be part of the total price. Thanks!

sikkinixx

So my landlord is changing and I lose my free shaw cable. I already have telus Internet/phone so I was thinking about adding optik TV. Will I get fucked out of any deals because I'm an existing customer ? I'd dig the free tv but contracts blow and I can buy the pVr for ~$100.

oneils

I posted this in the TV thread, but I think it's a good enough deal to repost here.

The Sony 47" w802 is available for $1019.58 (or a little more if you stick with NCIX).

http://www.ncix.ca/products/index.p...acture=Sony Consumer Electronics&promoid=1628

At checkout, enter this code (VIP code via email)
AVIP2013P02300

Then, print it out and go to Future Shop. Have them price match it by 10%!

This is one of the best gaming TVs apparently. The 55" is also on sale at NCIX for just $1199 with a different coupon code.

Do you happen to have the code for the 55 inch version?

Conceptor

My Nexus 4 delivered today, thanks again for the heads up on the price drop!!

Funny thing is, the UPS delivery guy rang the bell once and left the package in front of the door. I just got to the door and he was already driving away. Glad I was home :lol

zroid

Banned
I went to Best Buy (Markham) to try and get in on the $5 Hot Shots Golf action. What I saw there was not Hot Shots Golf, but a rather depressing sight. The PS Vita section of the gaming department was nearly barren. There were like three copies of Smart As... on the shelves, two copies of CoD, and a few other assorted singles. There were hardly even any accessories left. Doesn't look like they've restocked Vita stuff in weeks, maybe months. Pretty sad. :(

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I went to Best Buy (Markham) to try and get in on the $5 Hot Shots Golf action. What I saw there was not Hot Shots Golf, but a rather depressing sight. The PS Vita section of the gaming department was nearly barren. There were like three copies of Smart As... on the shelves, two copies of CoD, and a few other assorted singles. There were hardly even any accessories left. Doesn't look like they've restocked Vita stuff in weeks, maybe months. Pretty sad. :(

It's up to Sony to convince retailers and customers on the Vita. Having indie port after indie port isn't gonna do shit for them in terms of a bigger retail presence.

khaaan

This is a stupid question...but do I need to meet any sort of requirement for cable internet? I need to find an ISP for my off campus housing and the Teksavvy website says I'm fine based on my postal code but I don't know if I should look for anything within the house itself like a phone line? I just don't want to go through all this to find out I can't get any internet because I don't have cable X running to my house. I tried calling them up but holy shit I've been on hold for half an hour now.

Edit: Well, I don't know what I bought or agreed to but it's done. Thanks anyways!

Got a quick side question I'd really appreciate an answer to. There's an air Canada seat sale right now, but I don't have a credit card; is it possible that I could go to my local airport and buy tickets for a different area? E.G I want to fly out of Montreal, not where I'm currently located. Or am I going to have to purchase a 400$ Visa giftcard?

ohlawd

got Rayman Legends a couple hours ago. Fun as hell.

So this probably means I'll get TW101 on Mon or Tue. UGH. BEST BUY WHY

This is a stupid question...but do I need to meet any sort of requirement for cable internet? I need to find an ISP for my off campus housing and the Teksavvy website says I'm fine based on my postal code but I don't know if I should look for anything within the house itself like a phone line? I just don't want to go through all this to find out I can't get any internet because I don't have cable X running to my house. I tried calling them up but holy shit I've been on hold for half an hour now.

Edit: Well, I don't know what I bought or agreed to but it's done. Thanks anyways!

If you are good when you type in your postal code in their website, you're good :)

If you dont have a cable drop going to your house, they'll run one from the poll to your house. they'll drill through the wall to your basement and put the modem/router there, mines in laundry room with the furnace/water heater

Top Bottom