• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I love both Coconut Lagoon and The Green Door. I wouldn't bother with The Table, to be honest...The Green Door is better in about every way (except for maybe desserts).

I'm a bigger fan of The Table, but I'd be totally fine with either one (though in my experience, it's usually easier to get seats at The Table than The Green Door). Green Earth on Preston is also decent, if a little heavy on the prepackaged stuff.

Alternatively, if you guys want something with a more omnivorous menu, Ceylonta (either at Somerset/Bank or out on Carling), The Works or pretty much any Chinese place in Chinatown.

ASFM

Neo Member
Anyone in St. Catharines wanna tell me if our Wal-Mart is one of the many in Canada that are already selling Killzone:Mercenary and the Puppeter? I don't wanna drive over again haha

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm a bigger fan of The Table, but I'd be totally fine with either one (though in my experience, it's usually easier to get seats at The Table than The Green Door). Green Earth on Preston is also decent, if a little heavy on the prepackaged stuff.

Alternatively, if you guys want something with a more omnivorous menu, Ceylonta (either at Somerset/Bank or out on Carling), The Works or pretty much any Chinese place in Chinatown.

The Works seems to be our go-to meetup location, lol

sikkinixx

Anyone in St. Catharines wanna tell me if our Wal-Mart is one of the many in Canada that are already selling Killzone:Mercenary and the Puppeter? I don't wanna drive over again haha

Are they really? I would probably break down and buy killzone today. But they never do that kinda thing in BC, always you damn eastern folk

:edit: also at EB games today "hey we have a big sale on Vita memory cards! I have a 16GB left for $20 off!"

Wow! I'm all over that. Hey...wait... It's still $39.99

"Yeah! Down from $59.99 for the promotion"

.... Grrrr

Quick

Banned
So, I might be able to keep my current plan and still pick up an iPhone 5S.

Thanks, Firehawk, for telling me not to get the iPhone 5 last week. :p

OMG Got a callback for the Montreal job I posted about before :) Phone interview Monday! Just wanted to share.

Congrats. Fingers crossed, or uncrossed, whichever's best.

425kid

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I got 2 zelda concert tickets (Toronto, Sony Centre, cheap balcony seats). I can't go due to a friend wedding. I don't want to waste it, so pm me (e-mail, first and last name) if you want it and I'll just transfer it to you from ticketmaster.

StevieP

Banned
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I got 2 zelda concert tickets (Toronto, Sony Centre, cheap balcony seats). I can't go due to a friend wedding. I don't want to waste it, so pm me (e-mail, first and last name) if you want it and I'll just transfer it to you from ticketmaster.

Damnit!! I purchased mine a couple weeks ago :(

425kid

done, gave away

Hmm, any Toronto folks know of a place where I can buy brand-new sealed GameCube games aside from A&C Games?

Or if anyone has sealed games they'd like to sell or trade, let me know.

i-Jest

Hmm, any Toronto folks know of a place where I can buy brand-new sealed GameCube games aside from A&C Games?

Or if anyone has sealed games they'd like to sell or trade, let me know.

I'd like to say that Game Center has sealed copies but I'm not sure. You might want to call them to find out. They have 3 locations in the City I think.

Also, does Cosco price match?

Yawnier

Banned
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is old news but I noticed that my local Wal-Mart today already had Killzone: Mercenary and Puppeteer on display behind the glass with price and all, I didn't buy either of them but just a heads up to those interested in either of those games to maybe check out their local wal mart or something if you want it early.

Cudder

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is old news but I noticed that my local Wal-Mart today already had Killzone: Mercenary and Puppeteer on display behind the glass with price and all, I didn't buy either of them but just a heads up to those interested in either of those games to maybe check out their local wal mart or something if you want it early.

Which Wal Mart?

Hey guys. Do Walmart do a 10% difference on their price match? Also, they have 90 days return policy on consoles?
No they don't do 10%. They do 14 days of price protection like most places.
The return policy on consoles is 14 days in store, after that it is up to the manufacturer to deal with.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
No they don't do 10%. They do 14 days of price protection like most places.
The return policy on consoles is 14 days in store, after that it is up to the manufacturer to deal with.
It's 90-days except for those otherwise listed in the chart. Consoles aren't listed in the chart so there's a 90-day return policy on them.

http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore...ner.jsp?show=shippingandreturns#ReturnsPolicy

Is the chart wrong?

Did you get a shipping notice for NHL 14 from Future Shop? My order still says in progress and I haven't been charged. I'll be slightly annoyed if its not delivered day 1.
No shipping notice yet but it's not due until Tuesday so there's plenty of time yet. I often get the shipping notice email the night before at around 11pm.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Ceylonta downtown would be cool to try. Ultimately I'm up for literally anything, although I've lived here a year and a bit and I've been to the works probably 20 times so maybe if I get one no vote it'd be there just because ;)

isny

napkin dispenser
Ceylonta downtown would be cool to try. Ultimately I'm up for literally anything, although I've lived here a year and a bit and I've been to the works probably 20 times so maybe if I get one no vote it'd be there just because ;)

ONLY twenty times? lol

Nibiru

Banned
I know I normally only post deals on linens...but I'll make an exception since no one else has mentioned it yet.

Dorritos Taco's now available at Taco Bell in Canada! Heck yeah!

Disgusting. Not only is Taco bell low grade garbage but Doritos are loaded with msg. I highly recommend you try Lundberg Brand rice chips. Don't let the idea of rice chips fool you, this particular brand taste identical to Doritos and have none of the chemical.

/rant:)

TheExodu5

Banned

Never been to Ceylonta. Sounds interesting.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mine shipped today.

But with my luck it will probably end up in Halifax after a traffic accident and a technical delay so I'll get it sometime in November.
It'll end up on a boat which will sink and you'll have to wait for divers to retrieve the cargo. Sorry.

i-Jest

So just print off the webpage a take it to the nearest Walmart to get a price match? Ok, but whats wrong with that website?

Quick

Banned
On that note, does Wal Mart actually price match online stores now? I don't buy at Wal Mart often, so I'm genuinely not sure about it.

I know Best Buy and Future Shop definitely do.

Top Bottom