• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I got an e-mail from FS telling me my payment for Rome 2 didn't go through and they can't deliver it.

Then I got another e-mail thanking me for the purchase and containing the pre-order bonus DLC codes.

Get your shit together FS.

Got a quick side question I'd really appreciate an answer to. There's an air Canada seat sale right now, but I don't have a credit card; is it possible that I could go to my local airport and buy tickets for a different area? E.G I want to fly out of Montreal, not where I'm currently located. Or am I going to have to purchase a 400$ Visa giftcard?

Not able to get a credit card?

daftstar

Is there a good chance that EB Games might have that $50 off promo on the Sony Wireless Headset when GTA V releases? I remember they did it when The Last of Us came out and I regret not getting it then. Apparently it's great for the price and at $50 it's a steal. Anyone who actually has it got any opinions?

dream

For Friday

IwORKAq.jpg

j1PNHfF.jpg

BpUNLCN.jpg

fU2GicZ.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Do you speak from experience?!

Also, I mean I'm bailing on 360/PS3. :p
There's no reason to buy BF4 on last gen unless you are addicted to ranking up or something.
Ah fucks sake I read that as this coming generation not PS triple.

Shaddap and finish your PhD!

Besides Beyond 2 souls there really isn't much left for me.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ah man how hard is it to rotate your pics before you post them?
I almost blew out my shoulder trying to do a handstand on my computer chair.

Ondore

Wouldn't it be better to not post the image directly in case the sources are looking at it?

Christ, he's doing us all a favour.

dream

Ah man how hard is it to rotate your pics before you post them?
I almost blew out my shoulder trying to do a handstand on my computer chair.

But wasn't it worth it to find out you can get a FREE money clip with the purchase of Grand Theft Auto 5?

Jachaos

That 4GB+Kinect Xbox 360 deal is awful. 300$ and that's after some sort of savings ? That's the price of a Wii U with Windwaker HD !

zroid

Banned
Another vague update about the Wind Waker LE situation. After BY2K and I posted about it on Nintendo of Canada's facebook page, a supposed EB Games employee responded to our plea, saying they had received "press releases" from NoC, so it was only a matter of time before the LEs become available to pre-order. Keep hope alive!

edit: I also just noticed EB added a listing for WW hardware bundle just within the last few hours, so maybe that means the LE will be added soon???

isny

napkin dispenser
Since it didn't happen in August, Ottawa meet-up in September? Anyone besides the usual me, Stump, and Exodus up for one before the snow starts flying?

TheExodu5

Banned
Since it didn't happen in August, Ottawa meet-up in September? Anyone besides the usual me, Stump, and Exodus up for one before the snow starts flying?

Yeah sorry was busy throughout August. Good to go for this month.

Chairman Yang may be interested as well.

Hilti92

Really? I don't see any discounts.

Dear Amazon.ca Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in video games might like this limited-time offer: Save an additional $20 on a purchase of a PS4 Dual Shock controller and one of the following games: "Drive Club," "Killzone: Shadow Fall," or "inFamous: Second Son." Offer valid through September 8, 2013, or while supplies last.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_194960_32229880_pe_button/?docId=1001372791&ie=UTF8

My mistake, you gotta buy a DS4 to get the deal.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Amazon.ca is doing a huge sale right now for $20 off dualshock 4, Killzone, Drive Club and something else, GAF.
You mean this?

Save $20 on Purchase of Playstation 4 Dualshock Controller and Select Game

Save $20 on a PS4 Dualshock controller and one of the following games: "Drive Club", "Killzone: Shadow Fall" or "inFamous: Second Son". Offer valid September 8, 2013, or while supplies last.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Trade 1 for Killzone: Mercenary?

tumblr_mg2shuNO2H1qj88rjo1_250.gif

Shame Futureshop isn't doing it since its much more convenient to go there. Maybe its not advertised and it'll be on their website?

Really? I don't see any discounts.

Probably does not apply until check out... An email I got about it:

Dear Amazon.ca Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in video games might like this limited-time offer: Save an additional $20 on a purchase of a PS4 Dual Shock controller and one of the following games: "Drive Club," "Killzone: Shadow Fall," or "inFamous: Second Son." Offer valid through September 8, 2013, or while supplies last.

Lexxism

Lol BB and FS. No wonder I can't find the 2DS pre-order since they placed it on DS section instead of 3DS.

Probably does not apply until check out... An email I got about it:

Dear Amazon.ca Customer,

Dear Amazon.ca Customer,

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_194960_32229880_pe_button/?docId=1001372791&ie=UTF8

My mistake, you gotta buy a DS4 to get the deal.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Lexxism

jQYjDUd.png

Receive either $15.00 CAD cash back on any bestbuy.ca purchase of $150-$399.99, or receive $40 cash back on any bestbuy.ca purchase of $400 or more ("Offers"). These Offers apply to transactions at http://www.bestbuy.ca/ when you use PayPal as the payment method. Offer begins at 12:00:00am PST September 6. 2013 and ends at 11:59:59pm PST September 12, 2013, or only as long as Best Buy's website indicates that the Offer is available, whichever occurs first. To receive this Offer, you must use a PayPal account in good standing and complete a qualifying purchase no later than September 12, 2013, 11:59:59pm PST. The maximum amount of cash back allowed per PayPal account is $40.00 (Each PayPal account is only eligible to receive a total maximum amount of $40 cash back even if multiple eligible purchases in the $150-$399.99 or $400+ range are made). The cash back will be transferred into your PayPal account within 4 to 6 weeks after your purchase, so long as your account is in good standing.

The following transactions are excluded from this Offer: pre-orders, gift certificate payments, gift card and e-gift card purchases, Geek Squad services, Reserve and Pick Up orders, automatic and/or recurring payments that you have scheduled and payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the Offer. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Any suggestions?

The Green Door (near St. Paul U / Billings Bridge) is the best vegetarian/vegan option in the city. Pretty much any Indian buffet option is going to be vege-friendly if not maybe vegan (my suggestion: Coconut Lagoon in Vanier). The Table (Westboro) is supposed to be pretty good but I can't vouch for that. Govinda's (near uOttawa/Byward) buffet is great and only $5/7 a head but it's also in a Hare Krishna temple where you are asked to be silent and contemplative while eating so not great for a social meetup.

I'm up for whatever whenever.

TheExodu5

Banned
The Green Door (near St. Paul U / Billings Bridge) is the best vegetarian/vegan option in the city. Pretty much any Indian buffet option is going to be vege-friendly if not maybe vegan (my suggestion: Coconut Lagoon in Vanier). The Table (Westboro) is supposed to be pretty good but I can't vouch for that. Govinda's (near uOttawa/Byward) buffet is great and only $5/7 a head but it's also in a Hare Krishna temple where you are asked to be silent and contemplative while eating so not great for a social meetup.

I'm up for whatever whenever.

I love both Coconut Lagoon and The Green Door. I wouldn't bother with The Table, to be honest...The Green Door is better in about every way (except for maybe desserts).

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Any way to know how many points you have without having to go to the store?

Top Bottom