• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

zroid

Banned
I'm going to crosspost this because you know what, fuck you EB games and your shitty Wind Waker LE in store preorder.

Yesterday: come back at 8:30 tomorrow.

This morning: Was not open at 8:45.

Come by at 9:15 - We're sold out.

.... -_-

they probably were allotted like 100 online and 1 per store

edit: saw what you were saying in the other thread. sigh

soultron

Banned
People are going crazy for this Ganondorf figure. What's the big deal, exactly?

Is it possible that Nintendo might offer it as a Club Nintendo reward down the line? Maybe if you feel passionately enough you can write/tweet to suggest it?

Stat!

I finally got a shipping notice for NHL 14. The problem? It says its supposed to be delivered today but at 9:39, they said it was in transit out of Missisauga (and not out for delivery). I can't imagine it'll get to me today, right?

Fairly lame. :(

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I finally got a shipping notice for NHL 14. The problem? It says its supposed to be delivered today but at 9:39, they said it was in transit out of Missisauga (and not out for delivery). I can't imagine it'll get to me today, right?

Fairly lame. :(

depending on where you live, you might get it by end of business day... I'm in London, and have had that status before and it magically showed up.

Mr. F

Banned
Sorry for the dumb question - how does Amazon do with release day delivery? Never preordered through them before but was thinking of getting GTA as I'll be in class all day and won't be able to make it to a store.

Madouu

So I might be moving to Montreal :D

What's the good/cheap internet providers there?
I'm with Acanac, cheapest first year dsl provider in the area I think. 11/1 mbps is $25 a month if you can pay 6 months upfront. I've always been satisfied with the service and I'm a pretty heavy user/gamer.

The other provider I'd recommend is teksavvy, you'll mostly hear only good things about them. Good service, good prices, and just like acanac they've been fighting "the good fight" for affordable decent internet in Canada.

Also dry loop is 8 bucks per month here if I'm not mistaken.

Oh and welcome to Montreal, it's great here.

kennah

I'm with Acanac, cheapest first year dsl provider in the area I think. 11/1 mbps is $25 a month if you can pay 6 months upfront. I've always been satisfied with the service and I'm a pretty heavy user/gamer.

The other provider I'd recommend is teksavvy, you'll mostly hear only good things about them. Good service, good prices, and just like acanac they've been fighting "the good fight" for affordable decent internet in Canada.

Also dry loop is 8 bucks per month here if I'm not mistaken.

Oh and welcome to Montreal, it's great here.

Thanks :) I dont' have the job yet, but the interview was very promising. We're researching stuff to see if we can make the paycut work.

Any deals on NHL 14? I preordered it back during E3, but they've shipped it to the wrong address and it'll take weeks to get another at the same discounted price, so fuck it.

Gadirok

You know what?

I'm honestly glad I never used my tsilon coupon for GTA V even though I cringed when I realized that I made a huge mistake.

GTA V is the kind of game I don't want to wait for, and with FS bullshit shipping I probably would have gotten the game on thursday just like every other game I preorder months in advance.

Only downside is I could have saved $20.

That being said I doubt there are any deals going on for GTA V right now, so it leaves me with 2 options.

Preordering from EB games ( I have $26 credit there) or getting the day 1 digital PS3 preorder and save on the tax.

If preload was available for NA I wouldn't have hesitated to preorder from PSN, but since its not I'm not sure what I should do.

Sora_N

Got my KH LE, Best Buy somehow merged 2 shipping address numbers into one. Good thing my mailman knows my actual address.

Lexxism

Friday the 13th

92BQnmC.jpg

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Going to pick up Black Ops 2 just to add it to the collection. $15 is good for BioShock even though it's pretty bad.

$200 for a 500GB PS3 is an awesome deal especially with GT5.

Luigi87

Well got my copy of KH 1.5 HD, so I'm not as unfortunate as frequency! (sorry!)

But the road workers didn't do anything today o_o

zroid

Banned
My old friend from as far back as Kindergarten who hasn't owned a handheld system ever, and hasn't owned a Nintendo system since the N64 is thinking of getting a Wind Waker Wii U bundle and a 3DS XL from this Wal-Mart deal.

I finally converted him! :p

Madouu

My old friend from as far back as Kindergarten who hasn't owned a handheld system ever, and hasn't owned a Nintendo system since the N64 is thinking of getting a Wind Waker Wii U bundle and a 3DS XL from this Wal-Mart deal.

I finally converted him! :p

One of us! One of us!

Jayhawk

If any of you are intent on taking advantage of the 3DS XL deal, I would buy one from Wal-Mart as soon as possible and come back during the sale to return and get for the sale price. I have a feeling this deal will cause their stock to sell out quick, which I guess may be their goal to make room for the Pokemon bundles they will have to sell soon.

Surprisingly, this 3DS XL deal is not giving me any buyer's remorse from the 3DS (non-XL) I bought a couple weeks ago for about $100 after deals.

Stat!

depending on where you live, you might get it by end of business day... I'm in London, and have had that status before and it magically showed up.

I decided to call Canada Post. And they said it won't be delivered tomorrow (despite the expected delivery day being today). Future Shop sent the item too late and they couldn't get it to me on release. Lame. Doesn't bode well for GTAV.

trixx

If any of you are intent on taking advantage of the 3DS XL deal, I would buy one from Wal-Mart as soon as possible and come back during the sale to return and get for the sale price. I have a feeling this deal will cause their stock to sell out quick, which I guess may be their goal to make room for the Pokemon bundles they will have to sell soon.

Surprisingly, this 3DS XL deal is not giving me any buyer's remorse from the 3DS (non-XL) I bought a couple weeks ago for about $100 after deals.
If sold it at wal-mart I'll price match at best buy.
Damn, I really wanted a white 3ds xl but I can't wait I just bought black 2 version and I'm too hyped for x, plus $50 off is nice so I'll go with black xl.

I could have preordered the windwaker figurine bundle but I'd rather take the $20 off than the action figure, I'll probably look at once

krae_man

I'm tempted to go to Walmart early on Friday morning and grab some cheap games. Hopefully more is cheap then listed. I could do with some more $10 Vita games.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
BTW everyone should pick up Metro Last Light. It's much better than Bioshock Infinite and it has a tighter Fallout feel. One of the best games you'll play all year.

First world problems/complete and utter stupidity: pre-ordering a game from Future Shop to be mailed to me (because they have no other pre-order options if you want to take advantage of their online deals), then having to go to the post office RIGHT NEXT TO A FUTURE SHOP to pick up the pre-order because Future Shop marks all their packages as Do Not Drop Ship and so won't even give it to the concierge in the apartment building, and then discovering that the game you wanted to play hasn't even been delivered yet and actually the slip Canada Post gave you is for something else.

Should've just fuckin' BOUGHT Killzone: Mercenary from the Future Shop and returned the mailed copy the next day. Ugh. I'm reaching the point where maybe it's WORTH the extra $10 per game so I don't have to bother with any of this garbage.

Omlagus

First world problems/complete and utter stupidity: pre-ordering a game from Future Shop to be mailed to me (because they have no other pre-order options if you want to take advantage of their online deals), then having to go to the post office RIGHT NEXT TO A FUTURE SHOP to pick up the pre-order because Future Shop marks all their packages as Do Not Drop Ship and so won't even give it to the concierge in the apartment building, and then discovering that the game you wanted to play hasn't even been delivered yet and actually the slip Canada Post gave you is for something else.

Should've just fuckin' BOUGHT Killzone: Mercenary from the Future Shop and returned the mailed copy the next day. Ugh. I'm reaching the point where maybe it's WORTH the extra $10 per game so I don't have to bother with any of this garbage.

I know that feel. Preordered Killzone Merc from BB to take advantage of their recent $10 off sale and it hasn't even shipped yet as far as I can tell. I don't know if they just don't give a shit because it's a Vita game or what, but I now don't have much confidence they will get me my PS4 on release day.

I actually just preordered what is supposed to be a launch edition from amazon, but even with the fastest shipping they are still saying delivery November 19th or 20th. So my plans for taking off the 15th are probably pointless since I'm doubtful I will even get anything on launch day. :

/rant

Jachaos

My Futureshop pre-orders have always arrived around 1pm the first day, and I've had a good bunch placed there. I'm in Laval, the island just north of Montréal. It would really frustrate me if I always had to wait a few days to get my copy and I think at that point I'd just get the copy at retail FutureShop and return the other when it arrives.

ohlawd

I got off work like 8 hours after ebgames opened.

Obviously they'd run out of preorders quick but I wanted to try my luck. No dice.

Guess I'm not going to have a physical disc of WWHD until a price drop. Still going all in on the digital on the 20th.

Top Bottom