• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I know that feel. Preordered Killzone Merc from BB to take advantage of their recent $10 off sale and it hasn't even shipped yet as far as I can tell. I don't know if they just don't give a shit because it's a Vita game or what, but I now don't have much confidence they will get me my PS4 on release day.

I actually just preordered what is supposed to be a launch edition from amazon, but even with the fastest shipping they are still saying delivery November 19th or 20th. So my plans for taking off the 15th are probably pointless since I'm doubtful I will even get anything on launch day. :

/rant

Ha, this is almost exactly my PS4 pre-order situation--Future Shop and Amazon for me. That said, I have more faith in Future Shop's ability to actually get me a PS4 on time--FS/BB won't drop ship GAMES for some reason, but the Wii U Deluxe I ordered arrived on time and was perfectly fine sitting with my concierge. So the $350 console we'll leave with you, but that $30 3DS game? Pick it up from the post office, asshole!

I got off work like 8 hours after ebgames opened.

Obviously they'd run out of preorders quick but I wanted to try my luck. No dice.

Guess I'm not going to have a physical disc of WWHD until a price drop. Still going all in on the digital on the 20th.

Where are you at? Are you in Toronto?

djblue89

My Futureshop pre-orders have always arrived around 1pm the first day, and I've had a good bunch placed there. I'm in Laval, the island just north of Montréal. It would really frustrate me if I always had to wait a few days to get my copy and I think at that point I'd just get the copy at retail FutureShop and return the other when it arrives.

For me it's always been this way, but since Saints Row IV and now NHL 14, they seem to get it out to late so that I will only receive it the day after. I really hope they fix this since, it would completely suck if I received my PS4 on the monday, which means I miss out on a week-end which is the only real time that I have to play games... Do you guys think I should just go in line at a Wal-Mart or Target on launch day and pick it up there (Guessing that they don't take in-store pre-orders ???)

This is the status of NHL 14 which the tracking was given out to me last night.

2013/09/09 23:20 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post Learn More In most cases, we have picked up the item from the shipper and it is now en route to a processing facility. Keep checking Track for updates.

22:52 MISSISSAUGA Electronic information submitted by shipper. Learn More The shipper has created a shipping label for this item and has sent us electronic information. However, if no additional updates are showing in Track, it means we have not yet received the item. We will start tracking the item once it is provided to us.

Nothing since which is starting to tick me off !

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I see NHL 14 in my mailbox but I don't have the keys. I'm honestly surprised it came today, given it was just starting to get shipped yesterday. Guess that's one of the advantages of living where the actual game was made, and having a distribution Center in Richmond?

Stat!

For me it's always been this way, but since Saints Row IV and now NHL 14, they seem to get it out to late so that I will only receive it the day after. I really hope they fix this since, it would completely suck if I received my PS4 on the monday, which means I miss out on a week-end which is the only real time that I have to play games... Do you guys think I should just go in line at a Wal-Mart or Target on launch day and pick it up there (Guessing that they don't take in-store pre-orders ???)

This is the status of NHL 14 which the tracking was given out to me last night.

2013/09/09 23:20 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post Learn More In most cases, we have picked up the item from the shipper and it is now en route to a processing facility. Keep checking Track for updates.

22:52 MISSISSAUGA Electronic information submitted by shipper. Learn More The shipper has created a shipping label for this item and has sent us electronic information. However, if no additional updates are showing in Track, it means we have not yet received the item. We will start tracking the item once it is provided to us.

Nothing since which is starting to tick me off !

Same. They shipped it out late late last night (and then it was picked up from Mississauga in transit this morning) but nothing since.

bryt

Well that's fortunate. Future Shop never gave me any indication that they shipped KH1.5HD, but I just got home and checked my mailbox and it's there. Sweet.

Sora_N

Yup my Kingdom Hearts and Killzone Mercenary shipments never arrived. Thanks futureshop.

I forgot i had on from fs, yeah mine didnt come but my le from bb did. Not sure if I want to pay 13 bux more and keep the LE lol. Cant remember if there were bonus rz points.

Lexxism

They usually ship their orders on the day of release or sometimes the day before. Now, just pray that Canada Post will bring your item on that day and they won't BS you lol

Lexxism

DzqONTd.png

and so Canada Post strikes again. They successfully delivered my package when no one is at home. What's more, they just left my item in front of the door. Good thing that it's just a hori screen protector for my gamepad.

What do u mean get lucky? You order it and pick it up no?
Also price on your download code?

Ah, I'm talking about the 20% off I got on pre-ordering at archambault. I got it for $240 which I assume will be cancelled next week but I'm hoping it's not. Well, I'm planning to sell it at $45 I think or probably $40

zroid

Banned
When CP delivered my Wii U in November, they just left it at the door. I was at home, and even so, only noticed it who knows how long after they dropped it off. They didn't even ring the doorbell to let me know there's a delivery. WTF? :U

Lexxism

When CP delivered my Wii U in November, they just left it at the door. I was at home, and even so, only noticed it who knows how long after they dropped it off. They didn't even ring the doorbell to let me know there's a delivery. WTF? :U

Oh, shit. I'm now getting worried for my WiiU. I hope they won't just left it there :/

So the 250gb 360 is $199 at Wal-mart just this friday?

Till Sept 19

youtoo

Anyone has ever bought a console from FutureShop.ca?? Are they well packaged?

I want to buy a Wii U WW (and maybe take advantage of the Paypal $25 rebate) but I'm worried I'll get it shipped in poor packaging and the console's box will turn up all smashed.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Same for me and I had 2 of them delivered. My neighbour saw them and brought them inside and left a note for me to pick them up when I got home. My neighbour is awesome.

EDIT: Wait I'm wrong, they left a notice and I had to get them from CP when I got home. My neighbour did that for something else.

Anyone has ever bought a console from FutureShop.ca?? Are they well packaged?

I want to buy a Wii U WW (and maybe take advantage of the Paypal $25 rebate) but I'm worried I'll get it shipped in poor packaging and the console's box will turn up all smashed.
My Wii U came in a bigger cardboard box with packing paper cushioning the Wii U box.

I'm curious, I'm doing Amazon shipping for consoles, and I went for the standard option, that in theory, requires to be signed if it's above $250. Is that good enough?

Lexxism

You won't get the rebate for pre-orders. I'm also thinking the same.

FS Gamer says the deadline to pre-order a PS4 is tomorrow.......

I tweeted asking if I can go in-store tomorrow and pre-order one and get it guaranteed for the midnight launch....

youtoo

You won't get the rebate for pre-orders. I'm also thinking the same.

Are you sure you don't get it? I read you don't get it with Reserves (which is to reserve an article to pick it up and pay in a store) but you may still get it with a Pre-Order (which is payed online and delivered to your house.)

Damn you, fine print & wording!

Do you know which stores in Toronto still have the WWHD preorder up? I sorta want that Ganondorf figure.

Well it's best if you call around, try all the locations near you at EBGames' website.

I have a bus pass so I can go anywhere I need to, which obviously isn't the case for everyone.

Oneself

My Futureshop pre-orders have always arrived around 1pm the first day, and I've had a good bunch placed there. I'm in Laval, the island just north of Montréal. It would really frustrate me if I always had to wait a few days to get my copy and I think at that point I'd just get the copy at retail FutureShop and return the other when it arrives.

Same here (I'm in Mtl)... the only (really shitty) downside is that I'm at work around that time so I have to go to the feaking Canada Post counter THE NEXT DAY to get my order.
If only we could pick up online pre-orders in-store...

Omlagus

Well, Killzone finally arrived from Best Buy. Still didn't get a shipping notice. I think if these guys don't get their shit together by the console launches, there are going to be a lot of pissed off people who are expecting to spend the weekend playing. Myself included.

big_z

I'm pretty sure they send them out early... not that they make it to your door on time consistently.

My fingers are crossed gtav ships this week. I can't access my order it says they're doing stuff with it. If they wait until Tuesday to start shipping canada post will screw me. They love to leave the pickup slip even if I'm home which ads another day wait and in this case would push me to the following Monday.

Cudder

I tweeted asking if I can go in-store tomorrow and pre-order one and get it guaranteed for the midnight launch....

FS seems pretty confident that they can get you the console by launch day, in reference to that tweet. I just reserved one online for shits and giggles, though my gf also reserved one for me from Amazon. I have no idea who would be the better option to keep the pre order with..

Darko

has anyones BB/FS Killzone order shipped yet?

nice.. already have one ordered online but itd be nice to pick one up at midnight instead..

Gritesh

FS seems pretty confident that they can get you the console by launch day, in reference to that tweet. I just reserved one online for shits and giggles, though my gf also reserved one for me from Amazon. I have no idea who would be the better option to keep the pre order with..

This is why I pre-ordered online the minute it went up, and then later pre-ordered in store.

One way or another I'm getting one, and the other will get returned.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is there anyone looking for PS+ Vita bundle? Stocks are back online in Walmart

I'd be all over this if I hadn't already bought a basic Vita for the same price from Shoppers earlier this month. Oh well, at least I got $60 worth of Optimum Points out of it.

rinse82

I went straight to my FS after reading that tweet and they did in fact get an increased allotment of instore preorder stock. Have one guaranteed for midnight launch

Top Bottom