• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Lexxism

Prices shown on Walmart Site for online items apply to orders placed online only. Walmart stores do not honour or match prices for items available online from the Walmart.ca site, other online sellers or advertisements outside of a store's local trade territory.

http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore...er.jsp?show=ordering#price-diff-stores-online

If I read it understand it correctly, they can PM the price at pricematters since it's not an online store? Well, anyway, I guess it's better for you to order online then if that's not the case or whatever you feel comfortable with.

Sora_N

is th vita 199 or 179 at shopprs? The guy here told me i should wait in line to checkbut i need to know how much xtra value i can use for grocris.

Nvm its 199, just checked.

Mikey Jr.

Does anyone know when Future Shop is shipping out the launch pre-orders?

This is my biggest worry. Too bad the PS4 isn't releasing on a Thursday. It has to be a fucking Friday, doesn't it?

I kinda want to cancel my online order with FS, and go somewhere and pre-order in store. FS probably isn't taking instore orders anymore, are they?

This is my biggest worry. Too bad the PS4 isn't releasing on a Thursday. It has to be a fucking Friday, doesn't it?

I kinda want to cancel my online order with FS, and go somewhere and pre-order in store. FS probably isn't taking instore orders anymore, are they?

I am considering doing an in store FS preorder as well. Hmm. Maybe I'll swing buy tomorrow morning and see if they are still taking them. I have an online order with FS right now.

Edit: I wouldn't take the risk with PS4. The demand seems far greater. I might try it with my Xbone preorder though.

Mikey Jr.

I am considering doing an in store FS preorder as well. Hmm. Maybe I'll swing buy tomorrow morning and see if they are still taking them. I have an online order with FS right now.

Edit: I wouldn't take the risk with PS4. The demand seems far greater. I might try it with my Xbone preorder though.

"We’re taking pre-orders in-store and online for the PS4 launch day. Hurry, quantities are limited! "

Fuck it, I'm going tomorrow and doing it in store. I am not trusting Canada Post or whoever to successfully deliver probably thousands of big box items to everyone on Friday. Some people will get boned and get it on Monday. I ain't taking that chance.

"We’re taking pre-orders in-store and online for the PS4 launch day. Hurry, quantities are limited! "

Fuck it, I'm going tomorrow and doing it in store. I am not trusting Canada Post or whoever to successfully deliver probably thousands of big box items to everyone on Friday. Some people will get boned and get it on Monday. I ain't taking that chance.

Good luck. Ordering this late gets me nervous but if Sony is producing a lot of units like rumored you should be ok.

I may try tomorrow for the Xbox One as well. I'll keep my online order as well (made that on the June 16th.)

What's the minimum to put down in store?

Mikey Jr.

Good luck. Ordering this late gets me nervous but if Sony is producing a lot of units like rumored you should be ok.

I may try tomorrow for the Xbox One as well. I'll keep my online order as well (made that on the June 16th.)

What's the minimum to put down in store?

No idea. If I was a betting man, I would say $50. I think its $10 for a video game.

Also, I still have my PS4 pre-order online. Not going to cancel that until I get the in-store one.

Atleast with in store, I am guaranteed a console on launch day.

FrsDvl

Has anyone seen a Playstation 4 Vertical Stand for pre order online anywhere? I can't seem to find any in Canada at all.

It's 90-days except for those otherwise listed in the chart. Consoles aren't listed in the chart so there's a 90-day return policy on them.

http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore...ner.jsp?show=shippingandreturns#ReturnsPolicy

Is the chart wrong?

No shipping notice yet but it's not due until Tuesday so there's plenty of time yet. I often get the shipping notice email the night before at around 11pm.
Ya there is an updated chart near the tills and CS that state consoles fall under the 14 days. It is a fairly recent change.

No idea. If I was a betting man, I would say $50. I think its $10 for a video game.

Also, I still have my PS4 pre-order online. Not going to cancel that until I get the in-store one.

Atleast with in store, I am guaranteed a console on launch day.

Went in and put a preorder down for my Xbox One this morning at a Future Shop location. The guy basically said he knew what they had online but he wasn't going to guarantee anything for launch at this point. Same goes for PS4. I am not getting rid of my Xbox One order from FS online anytime soon.

Mikey Jr.

Went in and put a preorder down for my Xbox One this morning at a Future Shop location. The guy basically said he knew what they had online but he wasn't going to guarantee anything for launch at this point. Same goes for PS4. I am not getting rid of my Xbox One order from FS online anytime soon.

Hmmm, I went in as well for a PS4 pre-order. The girl guaranteed me a PS4 on launch day. Said I could just walk in on Nov 15th and just pick one up and that Sony haven't told them to stop taking pre-orders.

But yeah, I'll keep my online one till a few days before launch just to make sure.

Hmmm, I went in as well for a PS4 pre-order. The girl guaranteed me a PS4 on launch day. Said I could just walk in on Nov 15th and just pick one up and that Sony haven't told them to stop taking pre-orders.

But yeah, I'll keep my online one till a few days before launch just to make sure.

Same thing happened to me. I ordered a week ago at Best Buy in store and I was guaranteed one for launch. Toys R Us seems like a good bet though.

MoeB

Thanks for the update.
Mind sharing the location of this store? Or the town?

Mikey Jr.

Thanks for the update.
Mind sharing the location of this store? Or the town?

I don't want to give away the town that I live in, but its in the GTA area, not Toronto. If you really want to know, PM and I'll tell you the exact store.

Apparently Mario Kart Wii (bundle) is $15 at SDM, the standalone one is still $40.

Anyone in Toronto see one? So many stores to call and they redirect strangely... :/

Edit: Looked like it was at one location, but some have found other clearance stuff in other rare locations.

I called Fairview Mall and they have it... at $60. :/

I'm sure if anybody here is interested, but if you're not jumping on the Next Gen train yet I'm selling my PS3.

The bundle includes:

A Red PS3 and controller
1 TB HDD installed in PS3 (I will also include the 500 GB drive that came with the console)
1 month of Plus
God of War Ascension, God of War 3, God of War HD Collection (1 and 2), God of War Origins (voucher for PSN)

Heavy Rain
Killzone Trilogy
WWE All Stars
WWE 13
Resistance 1-3
DJ Hero 1 &2 w/Turntable
Silent Hill HD Collection
Silent Hill Homecoming
Silent Hill Downpour
Metal Geal Solid 4

I'm selling all of this for $400.

I'm located in the Vaughan/Aurora/ Newmarket area.

Stat!

Should I be somewhat worried that Future Shop hasn't charged me for NHL 14 nor has it given me a shipping notice yet?

Gritesh

Yeah this weekend I preordered the ps4 in store as well.

I pre ordered online at future shop the minute it went up however I know that the online orders don't get delivered on launch day. I want the console for that weekend at least so I thought I will preorder in store so I can at least have it the day it comes out.

Worst case scenario I return my online preorder to the store once I get it.

At least this way I know that one way or another in getting one.

I've got a PS4 pre order on Amazon with express shipping (Placed right after the Sony conference). I'd imagine that I'll get it on the release day. I have a Xbone pre order via Best Buy online that I had placed right after the conference. I used expedited shipping as well, but I still might not get it at launch?

That kinda sucks, but I'll leave it as is...

DJ_Lae

I'm surprised my Archambault Zelda WiiU preorder hasn't been canceled, $240 for that seems like something they would have corrected.

Got a weird e-mail from them yesterday that I figured might be the cancelation but I think it was simply an order update, telling me that, yes, in fact, I did make an order with them. Weirded me out at first as it starts out in French and I was trying to decipher it on my phone before noticing there was a translation at the end.

r3n4ud

Should I be somewhat worried that Future Shop hasn't charged me for NHL 14 nor has it given me a shipping notice yet?
Strange indeed. I received my shipping notice early this morning. I preordered only a few days ago as well. Email them and ask what's up. They respond quickly.

IllumiNate

Thanks for that link to the Zombie U bundle for $299. Tried to get futureshop to reinstate my cancelled E3 Wii U game preorder, but they wouldn't. So if anyone has an extra copy of Windwaker for $40 they can sell me I'd be thankful.

My first FS E3 preorder was Saints Row 4, and that just showed up at my door the day after release, without any shipping notice. I haven't seen anything yet for Puppeteer or Killzone: Mercenary, but when I login in says they're prepared for shipping, so who knows what's going on.

So, Ceylonta it is? Just the four of us? Or should one of us PM charimanyang and see if he wants to partake?

Yay Ceylonta!

Stat!

Strange indeed. I received my shipping notice early this morning. I preordered only a few days ago as well. Email them and ask what's up. They respond quickly.

I pre-ordererd about 3.5 weeks ago. I contacted FS and they said the funds were authorized (I still haven't been charged) and that it sounds like its been shipped but no tracking number means they can't guarantee it.

I was hoping FS delivers on launch (Since its where I have GTAV preoredered as well).

When I log in, my order just says "In Progress"

zroid

Banned
GO GO GO!!!

240234b.jpg

Lexxism

I'm surprised my Archambault Zelda WiiU preorder hasn't been canceled, $240 for that seems like something they would have corrected.

Got a weird e-mail from them yesterday that I figured might be the cancelation but I think it was simply an order update, telling me that, yes, in fact, I did make an order with them. Weirded me out at first as it starts out in French and I was trying to decipher it on my phone before noticing there was a translation at the end.

Same here. I`m crossing my fingers that I will get lucky and they won`t cancel my order by next week. I also got the same email a little while ago.

zroid

Banned
hmm I thought it came out on a Sunday, but it's a Friday. I might be ok with the online order then, assuming EB ships it on Thursday. They usually ship a day early.

How much do new/used SF4 TE sticks go for these days? I have one from launch, don't know if it will ever get used again after I get a PS4........

I guess it'll be worth almost nothing since it's for the 360

amrod

Futureshop shipped

Puppeteer
Kingdom Hearts 1.5

They haven't shipped / Charged Wonderful 101 or GTA 5 yet :\

Still waiting on amazon.ca to ship killzone vita too

Luigi87

Well GTA5 is still another week away. Sucks about W101 though.

EB shipped my copy of KH 1.5 HD.

Problem: Due to my neighbour leaving her car on the road last week, roadwork could not be completed. As of today they haven't come back to finish it. Odds are they'll show up tomorrow, block the road, and Purolator will delay delivery again <_<

Top Bottom