• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Kazerei

Banned
What kind of games does EB Games accept for their Trade 2 Get $60 Towards... deals? (specifically for The Last of Us)

Do they have to be, like, AAA games of late 2012/2013?

The games must have a trade-in value of $15 or more to qualify. You can check http://www.tivs.ca/ for a list of trade-in values, though they are not completely up-to-date. Generally, yes, they have to be relatively recent major releases. But you can occasionally find a cheap-ish qualifier.

ohlawd

I had a lot of fun with it. Took me upwards of 20 hours to get/find everything, plus the multiplayer is surprisingly addictive.

So tempted by that $30 Fire Emblem.. So much pressure from 3DS-GAF D;

Also I'm guessing no decent E3 deals have popped up huh. Tsilon's unusually silent and FS/GS are too.. :( Was hoping I'd be able to snag some $20 upcoming 3DS games like Pokemon.

Sounds good to me. I'll pick the game up when AC drops.

I have over 500 hours on FE:A. I think that speaks for itself.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Sounds good to me. I'll pick the game up when AC drops.

I have over 500 hours on FE:A. I think that speaks for itself.

500 hours in 4 months? Dude...

kennah

Put in my first order with DazMode today (Canadian watercooling supplier).

Feels good. Just a few more pieces to go.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
... I got the game a week before launch.

Does that help? Kinda feels like it doesn't :p

I wish I had the time and dedication for a single video game like that.

What kind of games does EB Games accept for their Trade 2 Get $60 Towards... deals? (specifically for The Last of Us)

Do they have to be, like, AAA games of late 2012/2013?

15 dollars TIV ;)

speaking of LofUs, anyone planning on doing gamestop's dollar a day promo with it?

im ganna ask if i can do it with my special edition, and just play my regular edition instead..

Solune

500 hours in 4 months? Dude...
Game is that good, I have around half of that play time myself.
http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/tales-of-xillia-with-free-upgrade-to-limited-edition/315919
Tales of Xillia now lists the Limited Edition on EB's site. Does the CE come with the same stuff? It's not that clear on the site..
From the announcement thread
North American Limited Edition - MSRP First Print
• The Game
• Character Profile Booklet - There is no specification on this, but I assume this is the same booklet that is included in the European Day One Edition. Which would be 52 pages.
• "Official Music CD"
• Stahn and Cress DLC Costumes

North American Collector's Edition - $99.99
• The Game
• Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
• 100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
• Tales of Xillia Original soundtrack of the game - Image says "Special Selection Music CD". IT IS UNKNOWN IF THIS CD IS DIFFERENT FROM THE LIMITED EDITION

Sora_N

Game is that good, I have around half of that play time myself.

From the announcement thread
North American Limited Edition - MSRP First Print
• The Game
• Character Profile Booklet - There is no specification on this, but I assume this is the same booklet that is included in the European Day One Edition. Which would be 52 pages.
• "Official Music CD"
• Stahn and Cress DLC Costumes

North American Collector's Edition - $99.99
• The Game
• Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
• 100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
• Tales of Xillia Original soundtrack of the game - Image says "Special Selection Music CD". IT IS UNKNOWN IF THIS CD IS DIFFERENT FROM THE LIMITED EDITION

Thanks, that's pretty damn frustrating. Ugh. Not sure what I want.

Target Canada June 7 - 13

Donkey Kong 3DS $34.99 with free $10 giftcard
Luigi's Mansion 3DS $39.99 with free $10 giftcard
3DSXL $199.99 with free $50 giftcard
Xbox 360 250gb (shows Elite picture) $299 with free $50 giftcard

Solune

Thanks, that's pretty damn frustrating. Ugh. Not sure what I want.
If it helps, I doubt you'll be able to get a Collector's Edition (With the Millia Figure) Unless you pre-ordered or if you have a friend that pre-ordered or you have hook ups with the local EB or something. But unless you really want that artbook or figure, no reason not to get the LE unless you don't want to buy it new (screw scamco etc). You can also view the contents of each SKU in this other thread I forgot to link

On the flipside since first prints come with DLC, it won't be put up at a later time so there's your perk or incentive (source: below and he's a good friend). So you can buy it and sell the DLC to someone who wants it and keep the game or something.
YES. FUCK YOU NAMCO!

It will NOT be released on PSN. JP first press DLC was never put up for sale. Same with Xillia 2.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Centerpoint Mall and uhh, I think Square One.

And Victoria Park and Danforth on the east end. And another at East Mall on the west end. Basically nothing downtown, but one on every other end of the city. I visited the VP location when it first opened (for $10 GC with Luigi's Mansion) and it was okay. They were still busy actually stocking / filling the shelves. It was still earlier enough that the cashiers seemed happy to be there too.

astonish

Target Canada June 7 - 13

Donkey Kong 3DS $34.99 with free $10 giftcard
Luigi's Mansion 3DS $39.99 with free $10 giftcard
3DSXL $199.99 with free $50 giftcard
Xbox 360 250gb (shows Elite picture) $299 with free $50 giftcard

Hmmm I've been considering grabbing a 3DS and this seems like a good deal as I buy one game and the system and get one or two other games using the gift cards. Should I pull the trigger on this or are there often good system deals during E3?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if this was posted already or not, but EBGames has a deal on Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Trade 2 get Animal Crossing: New Leaf + $25 Gift Card.
yQJiOLW.png

Sora_N

If it helps, I doubt you'll be able to get a Collector's Edition (With the Millia Figure) Unless you pre-ordered or if you have a friend that pre-ordered or you have hook ups with the local EB or something. But unless you really want that artbook or figure, no reason not to get the LE unless you don't want to buy it new (screw scamco etc). You can also view the contents of each SKU in this other thread I forgot to link

On the flipside since first prints come with DLC, it won't be put up at a later time so there's your perk or incentive (source: below and he's a good friend). So you can buy it and sell the DLC to someone who wants it and keep the game or something.

Thanks! I actually have 2 EB Preorders already for the CE (one in store and one online) but I noticed the listed LE and wasn't that clear on the difference.

I assume this first print edition will be present at all retailers?

edit: oh the CE ($99.99) is available to pre-order at Best Buy http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/tales-of-xillia-collector-s-edition-playstation-3/10251590.aspx
and future shop http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...llector-s-edition-playstation-3/10251590.aspx

Thankz Zeer0id, I preordered one at BB so I can get RZ points! I'm still gonna keep my EB order in case BB screws up.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Darn it I just traded 2 games to get it a few days ago, I better get that gift card retroactively when I go to pick up my copy

Yeah. One of their most wanted titles ironically was Need for Speed Most Wanted. I traded that in a few weeks ago...

Luigi87

Bleh, I work at Target and was considering DKCR + my discount, because I'm getting AC:NL on Sunday (though preferred digital)... but ugh, then I think about my backlog. I've still yet to finish LM2 and start MH3U so... I shouldn't ;_;

Alright guys, need advice ASAP:

I can get a PS3 for its normal price + a $50 gift card today and today only. However it'll cost me like $10 in gas to get out there (it's far away). Meaning that if I were to return it in case some E3 sale goes down, it'd cost me $20 just to do so.

So should I go for that, or should I wait a week for a potential E3 sale, which means I'd be out $40 overall if nothing happens? Friggin decisions! Gotta figure it out in the next couple hours :/

iphys

If it were me, I'd just wait for the next 20x at Shoppers to get a PS3, because there are so many of them within walking distance of me, and the 20x points are worth more than $50.

I've never done the whole Optimum thing. Is it worth getting a Shoppers credit card for the added points, or do you just use the Optimum points card?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Alright guys, need advice ASAP:

I can get a PS3 for its normal price + a $50 gift card today and today only. However it'll cost me like $10 in gas to get out there (it's far away). Meaning that if I were to return it in case some E3 sale goes down, it'd cost me $20 just to do so.

So should I go for that, or should I wait a week for a potential E3 sale, which means I'd be out $40 overall if nothing happens? Friggin decisions! Gotta figure it out in the next couple hours :/

Wait for the inevitable bomba pricing when next gen comes?

Wait for the inevitable bomba pricing when next gen comes?
I want a PS3 now (mine just died a few days ago and I recently re-upped PS+, plus I have The Last of Us preordered).

So if I buy a $269.99 PS3 at Shoppers during their 20x points sale, how much (Shoppers funny money) would that net me?

iphys

I've never done the whole Optimum thing. Is it worth getting a Shoppers credit card for the added points, or do you just use the Optimum points card?

I don't have their credit card, just the optimum card. The main thing with getting points is doing the 20x or bonus point events. I suppose every bit helps, but I'm happy enough with the cash back on my MBNA Smart Cash Mastercard.

Edit: $269.99 would get you 53800 points. 50,000 points are regularly worth $85, but they have bonus events where they are worth $100, or $110 at the super redemption this weekend.

Edit 2: Also, last year they had a 20x on June 16th, and June 18th the year before, so it might be happening in like 9 days.

I want a PS3 now (mine just died a few days ago and I recently re-upped PS+, plus I have The Last of Us preordered).

So if I buy a $269.99 PS3 at Shoppers during their 20x points sale, how much (Shoppers funny money) would that net me?

85$ right away if you decided not collect more!
It's not active now though, they have spend 75$+ and get 18500 points which would net you about 30$!

Top Bottom