• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

FUTURESHOP
Buy any 2 new or used games and get a 3rd game for 50% off.
Works online and in store.

Almost pulled the trigger on this, but the games I'd buy are stuff like Remember Me, Fuse, Resident Evil Revelations, Dead Island Riptide, etc. Stuff that will be much cheaper in the very near future.

I'm tempted to do this for a few Nintendo titles like Luigi's Mansion 2, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon though. Nintendo takes forever to price drop their stuff.

btkadams

hey guys, this isn't really gaming related, but i'm planning on finally moving out of my parents place in the coming months and i need some help.

i am in need of a surround sound system and a new tv. i currently have a shitty tv, so i can wait until boxing day if i need to. is there a point to buying either of these items before boxing day? are the deals really that amazing? i'm looking to spend about 1200 max on a tv and about the same on a surround sound system.

zroid

Banned
So say I wanted to get Last of Us and a PS3, where would the best place be for said items?

not the greatest deal in the world, but if you want a PS3 on short notice, Best Buy will be selling the Uncharted 3 bundle for $40 off tomorrow, in-stores only.

might be better to wait for E3 though, there's always the chance of a price drop.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
FUCK, would've liked to have gotten it. :(

Impressions? I heard the retail version is bad, is the download version better?

I've only played through the tutorial and some of the first stage, but it's sort of entertaining. The really sluggish frame rate gives me a headache though and the camera panning via touch screen is not as some as a game like Monhan. Not sure I'd be as optimistic with it if I had paid money for it, but for free, it's fun to play some of these B level games.

zroid

Banned
The codes stopped working a little while ago when Future Shop started offering a steelbook with pre-orders I think.

Actually, they deactivated them for the steelbook promo, then reactivated them again afterwards. Currently they're doing yet another steelbook thing, so again it's been deactivated. I still have my code, not gonna use it (already have a $40 pre-order from last year), so if anyone wants it, you can have it. No guarantees it'll work, but you can try it this weekend, after the steelbook days ends.

suikodan

Actually, they deactivated them for the steelbook promo, then reactivated them again afterwards. Currently they're doing yet another steelbook thing, so again it's been deactivated. I still have my code, not gonna use it (already have a $40 pre-order from last year), so if anyone wants it, you can have it. No guarantees it'll work, but you can try it this weekend, after the steelbook days ends.

I'd like to try it please :)

NeverABadDay

Neo Member
Hello fellow Canadian gamers!

I am from Saskatchewan, so I have no earthly clue if this topic can help a lad like me, but it's always great to find like minded gamers, and as an adult with ever increasing responsibilities, and way less time to game than I used to have, it's always welcome to save time and money!

I've only played through the tutorial and some of the first stage, but it's sort of entertaining. The really sluggish frame rate gives me a headache though and the camera panning via touch screen is not as some as a game like Monhan. Not sure I'd be as optimistic with it if I had paid money for it, but for free, it's fun to play some of these B level games.

Heard there were lots of frame issues in the retail reviews, guess it didn't get fixed. Think the Wii original was a locked 60fps? Never played it though.

The dev (Scientifically Proven) should make a Wii U version on eShop to prepare for the sequel they're making for it, the original on Wii got really good reviews.

Cheerilee

Tsilon have $20 off coupons for TLOU. By now, it should be a must for everyone to sign up for their stuff.

I signed up at "Free full-priced game of your choice for everyone who signs up!" Then they said that they didn't actually have enough free game coupons to give one to everybody, and increased the amount of hassle required to get a coupon.

I told myself "No thanks, I already have a job" and walked away. I haven't regretted it.

Noahd41

Neo Member
Anyone think that the PS3 is going to get a price cut/sale within the next month? Mine died via YLOD and is unfixable. I know most bundles were recently 279.99, but it seems to be back at 299.99. I'm abroad so I'm considering just ordering a new one from amazon to my place for when I get back at the end of the month.

DJ_Lae

Not game related and too late in the day for anyone to grab lunch there (still time for dinner!), but Extreme Pita has all their pitas half off today only.

I've never eaten there before and probably never will again unless they have another sale but for $4.50 for their most expensive pita I can't complain. It was pretty good, I just wouldn't pay $9 for it.

krae_man

Anyone think that the PS3 is going to get a price cut/sale within the next month? Mine died via YLOD and is unfixable. I know most bundles were recently 279.99, but it seems to be back at 299.99. I'm abroad so I'm considering just ordering a new one from amazon to my place for when I get back at the end of the month.

Do you have a BestBuy near you? They have an in store sale tomorrow with the $269 250gb PS3 bundle with Uncharted 3 GOTY and Dust 514 for $40 off.

Noahd41

Neo Member
Do you have a BestBuy near you? They have an in store sale tomorrow with the $269 250gb PS3 bundle with Uncharted 3 GOTY and Dust 514 for $40 off.

Good info but not entirely an option because I'm moving from Ontario to Alberta so 1. I need all the space I can keep available in my car and 2. there's an 8% difference in sales tax. Plus I've already played U3.

I'm looking in particular at the classic white bundle with 500 GB and 12mo PS+. I think that package has pretty good value. Amazon.ca had it for 279.99 yesterday with free shipping but literally raised the price today. I'm just gonna send them an email and see if they will honor the price that was listed when I added it to my cart since I didn't get a notification that usually comes with price increases.

Canon

Banned
An employee of Future Shop showed me the flyer for deals starting this Friday.

Fire Emblem Awakening - 29.99
Luigi's Mansion 2 - 29.99
Animal Crossing - 34.99 with $10 credit

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Hello fellow Canadian gamers!

I am from Saskatchewan, so I have no earthly clue if this topic can help a lad like me, but it's always great to find like minded gamers, and as an adult with ever increasing responsibilities, and way less time to game than I used to have, it's always welcome to save time and money!

Welcome to GAF. This thread always has some sort of deals for us Canucks. Whether deals on pillows or doritos... even games it's all here.

krae_man

Good info but not entirely an option because I'm moving from Ontario to Alberta so 1. I need all the space I can keep available in my car and 2. there's an 8% difference in sales tax. Plus I've already played U3.

I'm looking in particular at the classic white bundle with 500 GB and 12mo PS+. I think that package has pretty good value. Amazon.ca had it for 279.99 yesterday with free shipping but literally raised the price today. I'm just gonna send them an email and see if they will honor the price that was listed when I added it to my cart since I didn't get a notification that usually comes with price increases.

Wait till next week and see if Sony does a price cut at E3 then.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member

$10 credit with a purchase of AC? But dat digital version...

Yawnier

Banned

Yeah, get FE:A at that price people. It is an excellent game.

I also wonder if that $10 credit from AC will be able to be used with The Last of Us? Hmmmmm

NeverABadDay

Neo Member
Any good deals on a 3DS these days?

My friends have been thinking of banding together to get me one for my birthday next month, and I'd like to get one for my girlfriend in a couple of weeks, so any deals that can be found for this would be greatly appreciated.

Where do you guys look for this stuff anyway? Do you guys just rely on CheapAssGamer, local flyers, or are there other resources you use on top of that stuff?

So I've been doing some snooping around and I can give some more info on the phone contact stuff.

As it currently stands the December time frame is looking like a lock for implementation of the new crtc rules, so come this Christmad you will be subjected to whatever the new rules are. I know that all companies work on a device credit structure in regards to any cancellation fees so the heaviest lifting is mostly done from a systems standpoint.

HOWEVER, according to my sources the 2 year vs 3 year stuff isn't actually set in stone yet. It could actually still be the case that after 2 years you would be required to pay off what is left of your device credit based on a 3 year term. Its a bit of a moot point if everyone switches to 2 year structures, but the original "2 and done" sentiment may not be as clear cut as it originally sounded. As always if anything comes up I'll keep you guys posted, but legal teams at every provider are pouring over every detail so the final word isn't out yet...

Jachaos

So say I wanted to get Last of Us and a PS3, where would the best place be for said items?

I jumped on the trade-in a game for 40$ gift card and 170$ PS3 back in January so it cost me 130$, and got 20$ off via Tsilon on the Last of Us (I mostly got it for that game and Journey but have played other games now that I have one too). I don't know where the best place would be right now though.

frequency

Does anyone know what would be a decent cheap (cheaper is better but I don't want garbage) unlocked cellphone I could get to use with 7-11 Speakout?

Being small and light would be a bonus.

It doesn't need to do anything other than phone like 2 times a year.

Does anyone know what would be a decent cheap (cheaper is better but I don't want garbage) unlocked cellphone I could get to use with 7-11 Speakout?

Being small and light would be a bonus.

It doesn't need to do anything other than phone like 2 times a year.

Samsung galaxy discover us 80 prepaid but you would have to unlock it for 20-30. Same goes for the htc wildfire S at 50 plus unlock fee.

I ordered a graphics card from NCIX with a free Metro: Last Light game offer. I've received and installed the card but I still have no idea when or how I get my free game. Any ideas?

ohlawd

I've already got the poptart coming (I say this pretty damn often now that I think about it.... is there anyone on GAF NOT know I'm getting the poptart? :p)

and I hope that $10 credit thing is true so I can get AC cheaper.

omg hold your breasts. I still got the $10 credit I got from MGR last month aww yiss I'll use it here. I'm not even gonna touch the retail copy but that boxart is so nice it'll be worth it.

RS4-

I ordered a graphics card from NCIX with a free Metro: Last Light game offer. I've received and installed the card but I still have no idea when or how I get my free game. Any ideas?

Should probably call them; the free games are usually on some sort of card/voucher with the code printed on it.

Hanzou

For the amd free games last year they actually sent me an email a few days after I ordered. NCIX sent it that is.

khaaan

I've already got the poptart coming (I say this pretty damn often now that I think about it.... is there anyone on GAF NOT know I'm getting the poptart? :p)

and I hope that $10 credit thing is true so I can get AC cheaper.

omg hold your breasts. I still got the $10 credit I got from MGR last month aww yiss I'll use it here. I'm not even gonna touch the retail copy but that boxart is so nice it'll be worth it.

hen you say "Poptarts" I hope you don't mean these.

Has anyone been able to price match at bestbuy and use their reward zone coupon at the same time. I'm assuming it won't be an issue but I just want to make sure.

Hilti92

Are any of the Last of Us preorder codes going around? Game is getting such good reviews I might jump on if I can get it some what cheap.

What kind of games does EB Games accept for their Trade 2 Get $60 Towards... deals? (specifically for The Last of Us)

Do they have to be, like, AAA games of late 2012/2013?

if I already have AC pre-ordered at future shop will I automatically get the $10 when it becomes a deal? Or should I cancel then re-order? Anyone know this...

zroid

Banned
if I already have AC pre-ordered at future shop will I automatically get the $10 when it becomes a deal? Or should I cancel then re-order? Anyone know this...

I think you would be safe, but it seems that the $10 thing will only apply to in-store pre-orders. It's probably just like the other times, a $10 coupon on your receipt for a game purchase of $19.99+.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
hay guyz didn't even notice amidst my AC hype but is LM2 worth it for 30 bones?

Probably yes, right?
I had a lot of fun with it. Took me upwards of 20 hours to get/find everything, plus the multiplayer is surprisingly addictive.

So tempted by that $30 Fire Emblem.. So much pressure from 3DS-GAF D;

Also I'm guessing no decent E3 deals have popped up huh. Tsilon's unusually silent and FS/GS are too.. :( Was hoping I'd be able to snag some $20 upcoming 3DS games like Pokemon.

Top Bottom