• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I was checking out the FS website and when I was under the WiiU section I clicked the box that only shows me the items on sale. It gave me Injustice for $39.99 and interestingly, W101 for $59.99. I wonder if it's an indication that W101 is going to get a sale soon.

Nah, it's probably due to bad coding. New = on sale because the price has been updated recently or something?

Shipping email! And my coworker has money from me to buy a copy for me anyway

He has a ticket from fs for a special edition and 5 bucks off

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for Tracking Information Edition
Yes.

In other news, my tracking for GTA5 also showed up, along with a partial shipment of my AC3/Kinect Star Wars from Walmart.

Anyone have experience with returning online stuff with Walmart? Is it just print out the online order and go to any store?

Stat!

>__> Honestly I'm glad to have a bunch of guys to be neurotic with about shipping from Futureshop!

Same here. I can see why people are slightly annoyed but its nice to see people in the same boat.

Expected Delivery : 2013/09/17

Ack! Same thing as NHL 14. It says the expected delivery is launch but it hasn't even left Mississauga yet to get to London. Twice Canada Post has been teasing me about expedited parcels and its shipment date. Honestly, I feel like FS is really hit and miss with some users on here. Some users swear by FS, and some users don't. It'd be interesting to see which retailers deliver on Day 1.

Did anyone order from Ebgames or amazon?

Gritesh

Omg haha future shop was serious about me not getting it till the 18, good damn their bad at launch day items for their online pre orders

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
My Canada Post tracking was updated very late last night and this morning it's saying that it's processed at the local post office and expected delivery is today(so I expect it's sitting in my mail box right now). Hope FS pulled through!

Does anyone have any recommendations for importing game stuff from Japan? I want to get a 64GB Vita card when they come out in a few weeks. Play Asia seems a little expensive, and I can't order directly from Amazon.co.jp. Anyone have any experience using forwarding/importing sites?

FrsDvl

Aw man, my copy is apparently still in Richmond. #teamSept18 :(

Mine has been in transit from Richmond to Edmonton since yesterday around 2PM. No other updates yet, but since Canada Post slacks on updating tracking information I still have hope. If there's no update between 10-10:30 then it'll definitely not be here today.

dream

Mine has been in transit from Richmond to Edmonton since yesterday around 2PM. No other updates yet, but since Canada Post slacks on updating tracking information I still have hope. If there's no update between 10-10:30 then it'll definitely not be here today.

I'm assuming that our copies are on the same truck. It will be interesting to see if one of us ends up on Team September 18th...

Mine is in Richmond Hill as of 5:25am, does not say out for delivery though :p

Out for delivery at 11 something :eek:

30 days to do a return, right?

Palehorse

"Item processed at local delivery facility" Still on target for today.

BUT!

I ordered Fire Emblem from FS last Friday during their 25% off used sale...shipped quick. Tracking showed it on course to be delivered yesterday. Huzzah, it has been delivered! According to Canada Post. But not according to my landlords, who said we got no mail yesterday. (I believe them)

So CP's tracking site says to allow for 24 hours after a 'delivered' status that's not actually delivered.

CP has never failed to actually deliver when it says delivered to me...

Why would they play with my heart strings like this on the eve of GTA???

Gerbs

Neo Member
"Item processed at local delivery facility" Still on target for today.

BUT!

I ordered Fire Emblem from FS last Friday during their 25% off used sale...shipped quick. Tracking showed it on course to be delivered yesterday. Huzzah, it has been delivered! According to Canada Post. But not according to my landlords, who said we got no mail yesterday. (I believe them)

So CP's tracking site says to allow for 24 hours after a 'delivered' status that's not actually delivered.

CP has never failed to actually deliver when it says delivered to me...

Why would they play with my heart strings like this on the eve of GTA???

CP tracking frequently says packages are 'delivered' for me when I've received nothing. The next day I receive a notice that my parcel is being held for pickup at my local post office. I often don't get pre-orders from FS or BB until Thursday of release week.

FrsDvl

Does anyone know that if I were to go and pick up GTA V at Target, I could return the copy I'm getting in the mail from BestBuy, at Target?

Welp, I got my copy of GTA V! All it took was working from home the entire morning so I could catch the mail carrier, which almost didn't work because I actually got a Notice of Delivery AGAIN in my box minutes after I last checked the building lobby. Luckily the carrier came back to drop off parcels and I managed to catch him.

Really interesting chat with the guy, who said the reason FS/BB do this is because of insurance fraud--something to do with all packages under $100 being fully insured and FS/BB having to ship out multiple copies of games to people claiming they never received the first package. Which means there's no way around it, and in fact FS/BB are paying EXTRA for the service.

I might try addressing all my packages to myself, "c/o [insert concierge name here]" in the future. Carrier said it was worth a shot, anyways.

Nibiru

Banned
So I come in here hoping to see some great gaming deals but instead there are just pages and pages of people talking about when they are getting gtaV lol.

Are there actually any Canadian deals on atm?

Dazzler

Mine is also out for delivery! Have instructed my housemate to keep an ear out for the door, although knowing CP they'll just leave a slip and bolt

Haines

Banned
So I come in here hoping to see some great gaming deals but instead there are just pages and pages of people talking about when they are getting gtaV lol.

Yeah, this thread has devolved into talking about tracking...lol.

DJ_Lae

Shoppers apparently has a coupon being e-mailed out granting $25 off a purchase of $75 or more, September 18th only. I'm not on their mailer, so I have not seen it.

McWraps are half off tomorrow through Saturday.

Nothing else major, other than universal deals like Bioshock Infinite (PC) on Gamefly for $11.

Welp, I got my copy of GTA V! All it took was working from home the entire morning so I could catch the mail carrier, which almost didn't work because I actually got a Notice of Delivery AGAIN in my box minutes after I last checked the building lobby. Luckily the carrier came back to drop off parcels and I managed to catch him.

Really interesting chat with the guy, who said the reason FS/BB do this is because of insurance fraud--something to do with all packages under $100 being fully insured and FS/BB having to ship out multiple copies of games to people claiming they never received the first package. Which means there's no way around it, and in fact FS/BB are paying EXTRA for the service.

I might try addressing all my packages to myself, "c/o [insert concierge name here]" in the future. Carrier said it was worth a shot, anyways.

Weird. Mine usually always ends up in my mailbox.

Still waiting on my GTAV.

Edit: Fuck. Just as I posted this there was a delivery update. They left a card. Fuck. They usually just put it in the locked mailbox. Hope I don't have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up. :/

Anth0ny

yesssssssssss $40 gtav acquired!

ordered at e3, and got it day one. only shipped last night, too. I'm impressed with future shop! now do the same with my ps4 on launch day thanks ^_^

now for the 30 minute installation...

Luigi87

As stated this is a Deals AND Discussion thread, not Deals Discussion.

Anywho, YMMV, but the Target I work at has the MGS HD Collection on PS3 and 360 for $14.99 on clearance.

I think the discussion should be about current deals, not whether or not Futureshop is finally shipping a game bought on a deal half a year ago.

spoiler alert: they'll ship it!!!

I kind of agree. Any way you slice it, the conversation isn't on topic. The only way this is relevant to the "discussion" aspect of the title is that the events are occurring in Canada.

Top Bottom