• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

zroid

Banned
ZombiU's a better deal (assuming you want ZombiU), but the WW bundle might be worth something down the road (maybe). It's got at least two things exclusive to it. The Zelda GamePad and the digital copy of Hyrule Historia.

Cudder

You guys think all copies of GTAV at Future Shop/Best Buy will be sold out at the midnight launch tomorrow, or do they hold some to stock the shelves in the morning?

kasane

You guys think all copies of GTAV at Future Shop/Best Buy will be sold out at the midnight launch tomorrow, or do they hold some to stock the shelves in the morning?

The last of us was sold out in Winnipeg. Games never sell out here so i think GTA V will most definitely be sold out too

i-Jest

ZombiU's a better deal (assuming you want ZombiU), but the WW bundle might be worth something down the road (maybe). It's got at least two things exclusive to it. The Zelda GamePad and the digital copy of Hyrule Historia.

If it's Zelda and in mint condition, it automatically becomes a collectable sometime down the line (maybe).

Still want that Zombi U bundle price drop to happen though.

Returners

FS charged my card for GTA5 but hasn't sent me an shipping notice yet. Boo...

Anyone buying from EB online? Did anyone of theirs ship?

bkw

Nobody uses amazon?
Last time I used amazon was for dragons crown. Game was out Tuesday and I got it Friday. In BC if that makes any difference (probably not since it was shipped Thursday.)

Edit: checked again. I actually received it the following Friday. A good eleven days after release.

jmro

Last time I used amazon was for dragons crown. Game was out Tuesday and I got it Friday. In BC if that makes any difference (probably not since it was shipped Thursday.)

Edit: checked again. I actually received it the following Friday. A good eleven days after release.

Crazy, I've gotten release day shipping on the last few titles I've ordered from amazon. Just got an email saying I'd get Beyond: Two Souls on release day. Maybe because I have Prime.

big_z

online might sell out but stores will have tons of stock. big games tend to over ship to meet demand.

Mine hit transit on the 14th at 00:08.

I hope it makes it here (Saskatoon, SK) by Tuesday.

same with mine but one less province to travel.

Stat!

mine does too but it also made it to the in transit stage on friday so I expect it to go out for delivery on Monday. if yours hasn't hit the transit portion then Wednesday is likely.

Yep. Which is really frustrating. They did the same thing with NHL 14 for me.

They don't ship it out till Monday night so its impossible for them to get it to you by Tuesday.

If it doesn't come Tuesday, this'll be the last time I pre-order from Future Shop. I haven't been charged or given a shipping notification. I'm in London, ON FWIW.

Palehorse

FS says GTA5 has shipped!

I check the Canada Post tracking page...

... and estimated delivery is Sep 18!?!?!

D:
Still no shipping notice for me. FS has been good about shipping out to me the day before and it arriving for launch day, but that delayed shipping notice is always a killer.

I hate to always post personal sales in here, but since it's a local pick up maybe someone in here is interested in it.

This is a local pick up in the Toronto area.

I'm selling a recently built gaming PC.

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB
CPU: AMD FX8320
GPU: XFX Double D 7950
Motherboard: ASUS M5A87 R2.0
Ram: 8 GB (can't recall the name)
HDD: 3 TB Seagate
PSU: Corsait CX600W
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
Accessories: Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Games: Comes with an unused AMD card with your selection of 3 games.

I'm selling this for $850.

Still no shipping notice for me. FS has been good about shipping out to me the day before and it arriving for launch day, but that delayed shipping notice is always a killer.

Again! Just like with TLOU lol.

Canada Post is now saying mine is in transit, but the delivery date is still the 18th. Gah.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
FS preorder here too and item status is still preorder :/

Any hopes of getting it tomorrow have faded, and I don't have much hope for Wednesday either.....

jred2k

Just a heads up guys, CBC radio has an interview on it's show "The Current" with the new head of the CRTC. This guy's my new hero.

I heard that as I was driving to work. Unfortunately, I had to get out when they started talking about cable packages so I'll have to check out the full interview later. He was pretty careful not to really promise any changes, but hes at least willing to admit that a lot of their policies can use fixing and modernization. Stuff like roaming charge caps and limit contract terms are decent first steps.

I heard that as I was driving to work. Unfortunately, I had to get out when they started talking about cable packages so I'll have to check out the full interview later. He was pretty careful not to really promise any changes, but hes at least willing to admit that a lot of their policies can use fixing and modernization. Stuff like roaming charge caps and limit contract terms are decent first steps.

Yeah - it's worth listening to. Even though he's careful not to rock the boat too much, it takes balls to finally examine some of the archaic policies (and I imagine old guard) of the CRTC. I'd prefer that it be dismantled completely though - but that's just me.

astonish

FS preorder here too and item status is still preorder :/

Any hopes of getting it tomorrow have faded, and I don't have much hope for Wednesday either.....

Yep, mine too says "pre-order" (ordered as a part of the E3 stuff), doesn't seem to have hit my CC card either. Pretty disappointing, I am hoping to stay home from work tomorrow to wait for the postman....

I suppose I can just walk in a store tomorrow, buy it and then return the copy I get in the mail later for a full refund. This works at FS?

Yep, mine too says "pre-order" (ordered as a part of the E3 stuff), doesn't seem to have hit my CC card either. Pretty disappointing, I am hoping to stay home from work tomorrow to wait for the postman....

I suppose I can just walk in a store tomorrow, buy it and then return the copy I get in the mail later for a full refund. This works at FS?

Yes it works, I did it several times. If you bought it for cheap online (using a Tsilon coupon for example), just make sure that you buy the exact same version in store, so that you can return the one that will come in the mail and be refunded the full price.

dream

For those of you who have ordered from FS/BB before...does canada post leave the package at the front door if nobody signs for it? Or will they take it to the nearest post office?

Madouu

Received The Wonderful 101 and I've got the afternoon off, good stuff.

For those of you who have ordered from FS/BB before...does canada post leave the package at the front door if nobody signs for it? Or will they take it to the nearest post office?

I generally don't have to sign for games, they just leave it in my box. (I live in an appartment building)

Mupod

Mine always go straight to the post office, I actually just got back from picking up W101. They have a 'do not safe drop' thing on the package, which I guess means they won't leave it in a mailbox or at your door or whatever.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I live in a house and they leave it in the mail box if it fits in there. If it's a box and doesn't fit in my mailbox then they leave the slip for me to pick it up.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

Mine says shipped now. That's actually a good idea, especially since the FS close to my house is on my commute. That said, I'll probably wait for this one to come in the mail.

Haha every time I see this thread updated, hoping to find a cool deal, I leave disappointed. It's turned into "Canadian shipping and delivery discussion thread"

Gritesh

My gta5 is enroute from fs but like others have said it's slated for the 18th, I'll likely be purchasing it in store tomorrow and then returning the online one when it gets here

Ahhhhhhhhh

GTA 5 still hasn't shipped in the GTA

I may just have to buy a copy at midnight if the FS across from my work is still open when I'm done around 12:15....

All Future Shop/Best Buy game shipments are marked "Do Not Drop Ship," which means they will NOT drop it off even if someone other than the recipient is available to sign for it. You will have to go pick it up at the post office.

This is easily the most annoying thing about Future Shop/Best Buy shipments, and every time I have to deal with it my "minimum discount threshold for dealing with this shit instead of pre-ordering from EBGames" goes up.

P.S. Sorry for my part in turning this thread into "Canadian shipping bitch session thread." Good times will be here again for Boxing Day! (well, sort of, if prior years were any indication--but at least we have Steam sales?)

LGom09

Mine always go straight to the post office, I actually just got back from picking up W101. They have a 'do not safe drop' thing on the package, which I guess means they won't leave it in a mailbox or at your door or whatever.
Did your slip say it will be available after 6PM? I'm wondering if I actually have to wait until then (tomorrow actually since it closes at 5:30) or if I could just go pick it up now.
More Canada Post talk. Sorry.

dream

All Future Shop/Best Buy game shipments are marked "Do Not Drop Ship," which means they will NOT drop it off even if someone other than the recipient is available to sign for it. You will have to go pick it up at the post office.

This is easily the most annoying thing about Future Shop/Best Buy shipments, and every time I have to deal with it my "minimum discount threshold for dealing with this shit instead of pre-ordering from EBGames" goes up.

P.S. Sorry for my part in turning this thread into "Canadian shipping bitch session thread." Good times will be here again for Boxing Day! (well, sort of, if prior years were any indication--but at least we have Steam sales?)

Thanks. I asked because I noticed my tracking info includes the "do not drop ship" clause, which is problematic because I won't be home to sign for the game tomorrow, and my post office usually doesn't get the missed packages until the following day. I guess I'm getting GTA on Wednesday after all.

Dazzler

FS charged my card for GTA5 but hasn't sent me an shipping notice yet. Boo...

Anyone buying from EB online? Did anyone of theirs ship?

I've been charged for my GTA from FS but my shipping hasn't updated from "Pre-Order" yet either

I'm assuming it'll happen this afternoon as Iive in Vancouver

zroid

Banned
EB will be selling the metallic gold coloured DS3s for $39.99 from Sept 17-23. Is that a good deal? Not sure. I think it's pretty good, lol. That controller sure is shiny.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. I asked because I noticed my tracking info includes the "do not drop ship" clause, which is problematic because I won't be home to sign for the game tomorrow, and my post office usually doesn't get the missed packages until the following day. I guess I'm getting GTA on Wednesday after all.

It really depends on your mailman. All my FS/BB are marked as "do not drop ship", yet they're ALWAYS dropped in my mailbox, which is troublesome because I got a few packages stolen. Oh well...

Palehorse

I have had a good history with FS of them delivering for launch day, and the mail man always just leaves it in my mail box. But the shipping details dont' get uploaded until the last minute, meaning I can see my tracking info tomorrow morning, to have it delivered that day...It was in transift for 24 hours before FS bothered to tell me.

This should put my mind at ease when it comes to big games like this, but the lack of info just makes me nervous up until I get the game.

sikkinixx

That's not always true. Rayman Legends got dropped off in my mailbox from Futureshop with no one home.

Cynar

Totally depends on your area. I have items purchased from futureshop/best buy that say do not drop ship dropped off all the time. It pisses me off because kids around here like pulling "pranks" by fucking with peoples mail. I'd rather pick it up if I wasn't home.

Stat!

FS just gave me a shipping notice. There is hope for launch day.

For Halo 4, it shipped from Mississauga to London over night, and went out for delivery the next day. NHL 14 I wasn't as lucky and got it a day after release.

Top Bottom