• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

MarkusRJR

Rayman Legends is on GoD for Xbox 360. It's priced at $35. Is that a good deal?

I kind of want to get the digital version since I'm sick of constantly changing discs. Especially since it's a pick up and play sort of game.

EDIT: Also Deadly Premonition was finally added to the Canadian Games on Demand catalog. Considering new physical copies cost you $50+ on ebay that's pretty awesome.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm counting on getting it on Friday like with Pikmin!
FS pls

If mine doesn't come on Friday (like SMTIV, which came a day early too), I'll be buying it on Saturday at FS and returning my mail copy. I want to play the long weekend, not wait til Tuesday.

zroid

Banned
This has got to be the most f'd up listing Best Buy has

LBbM1CC.png

For those unaware, note that G&W's retail price is $39.99

My new Shoppers' flyer mention a free 2000 points by entering the code 3939 on www.pharmaprix.ca/update (I'm in Quebec). Code will work from the 21 to the 27. Anyway, check your flyer.

Oh and my GTAV from Futureshop will be there tomorrow, just one day late! *wave* to the haters! It will be over soon and we can go back to asking for good pizza place downtown somewhere somewhere!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
My new Shoppers' flyer mention a free 2000 points by entering the code 3939 on www.pharmaprix.ca/update (I'm in Quebec). Code will work from the 21 to the 27. Anyway, check your flyer.

Will have to keep that in mind to add it when it's valid. Thanks!

Killer is Dead is already $40 at EBgames:
http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/killer-is-dead/313137

Since it released less than a month ago, I e-mailed BestBuy where I pre-ordered to game, and they refunded me the difference!

jokkir

LBbM1CC.png

For those unaware, note that G&W's retail price is $39.99

I thought you were saying how it has the "3DS" box for a Wii U game (showing that Nintendo can't make people tell the difference between their console) and the Mario Party title when it's clearly G&W lol

KarmaCow

http://i.imgur.com/LBbM1CC.png[IMG]

For those unaware, note that G&W's retail price is $39.99[/QUOTE]

Ha that really has a bit of everything in it. The only thing that could make it better if it had PS3 game boxart.

zroid

Banned
I thought you were saying how it has the "3DS" box for a Wii U game (showing that Nintendo can't make people tell the difference between their console) and the Mario Party title when it's clearly G&W lol

Yeah I was saying that too. :p

It's just a terrible listing in general, lol.

Returners

Erm, anywho
Regarding the Target I mentioned earlier (I had to go back to work, then I crashed as soon as I home back from work), I'm in Hamilton.

This is the second time the game has come down in price (there are very few other titles on Clearance as well, I don't remember which, aside from say Black Ops Vita). Initially it was $21.99

Hmmm... Black Ops Vita is tempting.

It's not *that* bad. It's basically on the same level as a Gameloft Modern Combat game -- it's competent, for the most part, but pretty short, and they launched it at a ridiculous price point. No way it was worth $50. If it can be had for less than, say, $15, I'd say to go for it.

LakeEarth

Went to Wal-Mart and saw that they were selling Bioshock Infinite for $15. Completely sold out of course, but that was fricken ridiculous. I think I missed the deal through all the GTAV hype.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's not *that* bad. It's basically on the same level as a Gameloft Modern Combat game -- it's competent, for the most part, but pretty short, and they launched it at a ridiculous price point. No way it was worth $50. If it can be had for less than, say, $15, I'd say to go for it.
Oh god, I forgot they tried to sell that piece of shit for 50 bucks. Activision had some god damned balls. It's also probably why they aren't even bothering this time around.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Went to Wal-Mart and saw that they were selling Bioshock Infinite for $15. Completely sold out of course, but that was fricken ridiculous. I think I missed the deal through all the GTAV hype.
Order it online.

http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore...s&skuTypeParam=Normal&catgId=&_requestid=6129

The other Walmart deal which expire tomorrow: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81099025&postcount=5569

Yep, 500 posts ago.

There hasn't really been any deals lately outside of the Walmart $149 3ds XL.
Which was drowned out (along with all the other Walmart deals). ;)
I love it when I'm right. ;)

FrsDvl

Could someone tell me if it's possible to change the shipping method at BestBuy? Since they got same day delivery till Christmas now, I'd like to change my PS4 shipping to same day delivery.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
what where?
It's a pilot program that Canada Post started yesterday at FS/BB/Walmart/Indigo for deliveries within Toronto (for now). Order before a certain time (FS/BB 11am, Walmart 11:30am, Indigo 12:30pm) and they'll have it at your door between 5:30-9pm. Walmart is doing it for free while the other three are charging $13.95 for it.

http://www.thestar.com/business/eco..._delivery_for_online_shoppers_in_the_gta.html

I have no idea how to change it to that option so if you want to do it then call them.

FrsDvl

It's a pilot program that Canada Post started yesterday at FS/BB/Walmart/Indigo for deliveries within Toronto (for now). Order before a certain time (FS/BB 11am, Walmart 11:30am, Indigo 12:30pm) and they'll have it at your door between 5:30-9pm. Walmart is doing it for free while the other three are charging $13.95 for it.

http://www.thestar.com/business/eco..._delivery_for_online_shoppers_in_the_gta.html

I have no idea how to change it to that option so if you want to do it then call them.

That's a disappointment, they didn't mention on TV that it was only in the GTA :(

big_z

I'm burning the canada post facility near my house to the ground. Still no gta and it arrived there Monday morning.

Quick question... My EBGames never answer the freaking phone, maybe they did once or twice in years. Am I alone in this?

Unless they are short staff they always answer, can't miss a chance to promote some preorders or specials but You should buy your games at a place that doesn't store them in the toilet.

Unless they are short staff they always answer, can't miss a chance to promote some preorders or specials but You should buy your games at a place that doesn't store them in the toilet.

They must be really busy... and yea I very rarely use EB. Once a year they have an exclusive physical bonus that I really want.

ohlawd

well I'm deathly excited for Bloom Waker but that ain't a deal.

Come on Nintendo, why not let me buy your game beforehand on the eShop so when the store updates, it'll be already downloaded when I get home?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, the first time I had an issue with a tsilon order and it becomes a giant production. All I wanted to do was exchange my 360 version of GTA5 to a PS3 version and ultimately they had to order a copy through the online store for me and get one of the online associates to apply the discount.

I mean, I understand that Futureshops are franchises so the local guy doesn't want to take a hit or whatever, but jeez. I ate up 30 minutes of a CSR's time which, assuming they pay around minimum wage, means I cost the store 6 dollars just because he wouldn't exchange a game for me.

I think that's my last tsilon thing though, so at least I don't have to go through this angst any more. lol

isny

napkin dispenser
I mean, I understand that Futureshops are franchises so the local guy doesn't want to take a hit or whatever, but jeez.

Hahaha, you'd think this based on terrible their service is and how stingy they are, but no, Future Shop and BB are all corporate owned, they just are stingy because the store managers get huge pay bonuses based on store profit (not sales, but profit.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hahaha, you'd think this based on terrible their service is and how stingy they are, but no, Future Shop and BB are all corporate owned, they just are stingy because the store managers get huge pay bonuses based on store profit (not sales, but profit.)
Oh REALLY? That just makes it even worse, because I wasted the store employee's time and she wasted their website employee's time by having to call in to the store. Yeesh.

zroid

Banned
You can just go to your local BB/FS store and price match this. You can even get it for $5 cheaper.

You can try but it's iffy. I believe BB/FS policy is they will only price match online retailers if they offer next day shipping. So if it's shipping in 2-3 weeks, they are within their right to deny the price match.

Lexxism

You can try but it's iffy. I believe BB/FS policy is they will only price match online retailers if they offer next day shipping. So if it's shipping in 2-3 weeks, they are within their right to deny the price match.

Ah, you're right but I never had experienced this. Guess I'm lucky :lol

Anyway, FS already charged me for the WiiU WW bundle! Will they ship it tomorrow? O:

Wow, the first time I had an issue with a tsilon order and it becomes a giant production. All I wanted to do was exchange my 360 version of GTA5 to a PS3 version and ultimately they had to order a copy through the online store for me and get one of the online associates to apply the discount.

I mean, I understand that Futureshops are franchises so the local guy doesn't want to take a hit or whatever, but jeez. I ate up 30 minutes of a CSR's time which, assuming they pay around minimum wage, means I cost the store 6 dollars just because he wouldn't exchange a game for me.

I think that's my last tsilon thing though, so at least I don't have to go through this angst any more. lol

Wasn't even aware this was something you could do. I'd heard other reports of people trying to switch platforms with a Tsilon code or E3 pre-order being rejected.

zroid

Banned
I still have one more pending tsilon order, lol. TLG.

Assuming it even does come out though, the order is for PS3 and that SKU may not ever exist at all. Who knows if FS will actually switch the order to a completely different platform.

Top Bottom