• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

snorggy

Sorry for cellphone talk, but anyone have experiencing porting your number from Rogers to another carrier when you're off contract? I keep hearing about people getting dinged a "porting fee" ...

flkraven

Snagged Darksiders II for Xbox 360 from Future Shop for $14.97. They didn't have stock in store, but I went to customer service and had it delivered to my house for free. I didn't know they free-ship anything that is out-of-stock in store but still in-stock online. Ordered Friday night, received Monday at 9am.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Sorry for cellphone talk, but anyone have experiencing porting your number from Rogers to another carrier when you're off contract? I keep hearing about people getting dinged a "porting fee" ...

When my gfs contract ended with Rogers she went to Koodo, signed up and they did the rest with no fees or anything from Rogers. She did have to pay off the remaining bill obviously.

snorggy

When my gfs contract ended with Rogers she went to Koodo, signed up and they did the rest with no fees or anything from Rogers. She did have to pay off the remaining bill obviously.

Cool thanks. I'm looking at possibly going with Koodo... does your GF have any complaints about them?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Cool thanks. I'm looking at possibly going with Koodo... does your GF have any complaints about them?

I have had Koodo for 3 years and she just started in July. Absolutely zero complaints. Really affordable plans, hassle free customer service. Up here in Sudbury she would get pretty shifty coverage with Rogers. Now she is surprised on how great the coverage is. The plan she had at Rogers was $56 w/ tax a month. Her Koodo plan with 250 more minutes and 100MB more data is $38 w/tax a month.

If you do decide to go with Koodo let me know and I'll send you $25 off of your Tab if you do decide to get a Tab with them. PM me if you want.

Totally depends on your area. I have items purchased from futureshop/best buy that say do not drop ship dropped off all the time. It pisses me off because kids around here like pulling "pranks" by fucking with peoples mail. I'd rather pick it up if I wasn't home.

Can I trade apartments/houses with you?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
so, GTAV has shipped... but... the tracking number doesn't bring up anything yet and I haven't gotten the e-mail shipping notice either. Come ooon FS. You did so well last week with shipping NHL 14 out on Monday and it being in my mailbox on Tuesday. You can do it again!

Ondore

So there's a whole mess of Target stores opening tomorrow and one of them's in my area. Any sense in going early? Do they have good deals on opening day?

zroid

Banned
So there's a whole mess of Target stores opening tomorrow and one of them's in my area. Any sense in going early? Do they have good deals on opening day?

Oh hmmm, maybe the one kinda near me which I've been waiting for is opening too.

edit: nope, not opening yet. "Late Fall 2013"

Dazzler

Anyone got any positive experience with applying a gift card to a preorder?

Traded in a bunch of shit to FS yesterday and got a 150 dollar GC. Applied it to my PlayStation 4 pre-order (along with Credit card info that was already in place) and it's coming up as being worth $0. When I check the balance, it tells me there's 150 on there...

zroid

Banned
Anyone got any positive experience with applying a gift card to a preorder?

Traded in a bunch of shit to FS yesterday and got a 150 dollar GC. Applied it to my PlayStation 4 pre-order (along with Credit card info that was already in place) and it's coming up as being worth $0. When I check the balance, it tells me there's 150 on there...

What do you mean by coming up as being worth $0? Are you talking about the $X.XX next to the gift card number in your order status page? Because that's not its value, but how much has been charged to the card. Sounds like you're in the clear.

Dazzler

What do you mean by coming up as being worth $0? Are you talking about the $X.XX next to the gift card number in your order status page? Because that's not its value, but how much has been charged to the card. Sounds like you're in the clear.

Yea the $X.XX number beside the gift card is at $0. I thought this meant there was some fault in applying it. I was expecting that number to display the $150 on the GC

balohna

Didn't have that happen, but I called them up to confirm I wouldn't get dinged for porting a week before my contract ended and they said that's fine. Then they tried to charge me, so I called them up and sorted it out. At first they were insistent that I pay, but then once the right department looked at my file they were like "Oh, you only had a week left. Don't worry about it then."

Then they sent me another bill anyway and I didn't pay it. They didn't contact me again, but my dad just told me I have mail from them (I get mail delivered to his place because I kept moving and wanted somewhere stable for certain things)... it's been over a year so I hope it's just them trying to lure me back or something and not going for money again.

Yawnier

Banned
Is it safe to say that Superstore will be selling GTA V in store tomorrow? Cause its the closest place to my house that I figure would be selling it.

jmro

Dudes who ordered GTA V on amazon.ca, what is your delivery estimate?

Mine is Sep 24 2013 - Sep 25 2013 and I ordered it in June. I'm hoping they just haven't updated yet, or I'm going to be cancelling and going to the store on Tuesday.

They've been really good about release day delivery lately.

Awesome, it just updated as shipped and says Sept 17

Noahd41

Neo Member
My GTA says that it's in transit. Got it with the 39 Futureshop deal for e3. Probably the last new PS3 game I buy before making the transition to next gen.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
My GTA says that it's in transit. Got it with the 39 Futureshop deal for e3. Probably the last new PS3 game I buy before making the transition to next gen.

Beyond Two Souls, South Park Stick of Truth, Gran Turismo 6 and Last Guardian (lol) for me before I join next gen.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
For people going to the midnight launch and expecting to get a money clip, no money clip for you at either FS or BB.

tE5OtZX.png

khaaan

I was checking out the FS website and when I was under the WiiU section I clicked the box that only shows me the items on sale. It gave me Injustice for $39.99 and interestingly, W101 for $59.99. I wonder if it's an indication that W101 is going to get a sale soon.

big_z

so my copy of GTA arrived at the sorting facility near my house early this morning and was preparing for delivery. now that its night time it still says preparing for delivery. good job Canada post. now watch them leave a slip and run tomorrow.

Mr. F

Banned
Is it safe to say that Superstore will be selling GTA V in store tomorrow? Cause its the closest place to my house that I figure would be selling it.

I'm hoping so, I have a giftcard I wanted to use towards it. Never bought a game with them though so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of quantity.

Top Bottom