• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

by the way, this FS sale might be a good time to get some 3DS games, if you don't mind buying used.

they have a good assortment in stock right now, and it's 25% off. Fire Emblem and Project X Zone, for example, are $34.99, so 25% off will be $26. Not bad.

Thanks! I picked up DKCR for 21.50$!

ohlawd

The Vita starter kit coming with every Vita purchase is a pretty sweet deal. Free case, screen protector and memory card (4GB sadly) is awesome.

It's also kind of funny they've stuck the 2DS in the same subcategory as the OG DS.
I'm waiting for Walmart to restock their Instant Game Collection Vita shiet.

Missed it last time but I'm ready now.

I'm gonna cry if last time was... the last time they'll restock.

DaBoss

Well from what I've seen checking out the Vita section a few times, the games are already pretty cheap. I only seen a few that are actually above $20.

I'm waiting for Walmart to restock their Instant Game Collection Vita shiet.

Missed it last time but I'm ready now.

I'm gonna cry if last time was... the last time they'll restock.
I managed to grab the last one from the walmart in my city a couple months ago and it has yet to be restocked. It maybe a non replenishable item... check out walmart.ca maybe?

Am I the only one to order the Zelda WW HD LE from GameStop.com today? I'm hoping for an EB.ca restock so I can cancel it and save some money.

I did it too but I haven't cancelled my future shop order and I'm not sure about keeping the gamespot one. It's a lot to spend for what was supposed to be a $55 MSRP item, especially considering my future shop order is $40.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
How were you able to do that? I just tried and I got a "this item can only be shipped to USA". message

Anyway, the cost might end up being the same or cheaper since there's always a chance it slips through customs and you don't have to pay the tax.

? That's weird...this post is from the 27th, but I was able to buy an LE that day...

It must have sold out super quick or they changed the restrictions on it. Sorry, Krae, maybe EB will get more of them up here?

In which case, I'd fucking rage cause yeah it was 15 USD shipping

ohlawd

Check your EBs, I got mine right after they announced the 2000. They had it in the back.

Guess I'll try on Tuesday when I pick up EOU and RF4.

My luck sucks immensely when it comes to retailers' stock when it comes to stuff like this so I don't bother most of the time.

Jagxyz

ICO/SOTC, Heavy Rain, Infamous 2, Twisted Metal, PSABR, LBP2, GT5, GOW:Origins all for $9.99 each at amazon.ca until Oct 15th...

except it seems they haven't updated the prices yet, so keep an eye on the page I guess
link

edit: they'll adjust the price if you talk to them, I recommend the live chat.

Anth0ny

ICO/SOTC, Heavy Rain, Infamous 2, Twisted Metal, PSABR, LBP2, GT5, GOW:Origins all for $9.99 each at amazon.ca until Oct 15th...

except it seems they haven't updated the prices yet, so keep an eye on the page I guess
link

holy shit

lots of games I've always wanted to check out there

$10 is the right price, too...

i-Jest

BVLrLynCEAAKF_K.jpg

TRADE 1, GET POKEMON X OR Y FOR FREE!
When you trade in 1 game worth $15 or more in trade

FutureShop currently has Remember Me for $29.99. I Believe it has a $15.00 trade in value (EB Games) on Tivs.ca So if those of you whom need a game on the cheap to take advantage of the Pokemon X and Y trade in offer. Now's the chance. The price drop ends sometime on the 30th though.

If that deal doesn't entice you, Futureshop's After Hours sale is back on. You can get 10% off the normal price of Pokemon X and Y. So $35.99 before taxes. Good time to preorder...

DaBoss

Oh wow, that would be cool, hopefully it still has a TiV of $15. The last update for the TiV was on the 14th of September.

Getting Pokémon for $30 would be nice, but that doesn't beat the E3 Pre-Order stuff I guess.

i-Jest

Oh wow, that would be cool, hopefully it still has a TiV of $15. The last update for the TiV was on the 14th of September.

Getting Pokémon for $30 would be nice, but that doesn't beat the E3 Pre-Order stuff I guess.

I'm kicking myself for not taking advantage during that time. I hate having lack of funds when i really need it.

i-Jest

But the funds weren't required until the game ships.

I can be a little anal about credit card usage sometimes. If I don't already have the funds then I won't use the card... The bigger the purchase the more adamant I am about that rule.

zroid

Banned
I can be a little anal about credit card usage sometimes. If I don't already have the funds then I won't use the card... The bigger the purchase the more adamant I am about that rule.

Bear in mind it's really easy to cancel or return stuff. Better safe than sorry if you're trying to get deals. Just pre-order!

For those of you interested in the Ellen Page simulator Beyond Two Souls, it appears my local Real Canadian Superstore is breaking street date. The Edmonton South Common store had it stocked in their game cabinet and I was like "damn you FS/Canada Post" until I realized the release date is October 8th.

Not sure if this is just someone who accidentally stocked it early, or if it would be chain-wide.

That is all.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Just wondering if anyone knows if you can use a Best Buy gift card for a Future Shop web order. I typed in the gift card number and the balance shows up on Future Shop's website, but I'm not able to apply the card for my purchase.

I got a $20 GC for free a while ago and thought I'd use it at Best Buy to get Pokemon Y and cancel my E3 order for Pokemon, but it seems I can't since my other 2 orders from the E3 promo were shipped.

It's not a big deal either way, but I was curious to know if you indeed can use a Best Buy GC on the Future Shop website. Can anyone confirm?

DJ_Lae

Anyone else not get their Archambault Wind Waker WiiU?

After getting suspicious that nothing had updated on the tracking (guaranteed delivery date passed last Wednesday) I phoned Canada post and despite saying the item had scanned in, it had never been picked up in Quebec.

Apparently Archambault somehow managed to not send anything out, the support guy there said they'd get another sent although I'm not sure they sent one in the first place.

FrsDvl

For those of you interested in the Ellen Page simulator Beyond Two Souls, it appears my local Real Canadian Superstore is breaking street date. The Edmonton South Common store had it stocked in their game cabinet and I was like "damn you FS/Canada Post" until I realized the release date is October 8th.

Not sure if this is just someone who accidentally stocked it early, or if it would be chain-wide.

That is all.

Thanks, might get the girlfriend to stop by there after she's off work.

krae_man

Anyone else not get their Archambault Wind Waker WiiU?

After getting suspicious that nothing had updated on the tracking (guaranteed delivery date passed last Wednesday) I phoned Canada post and despite saying the item had scanned in, it had never been picked up in Quebec.

Apparently Archambault somehow managed to not send anything out, the support guy there said they'd get another sent although I'm not sure they sent one in the first place.

One time I bought an art print and they decided to scrap them and reprint them since the quality wasn't up to snuff after everyone was sent tracking info. That same tracking info was still used when they finally shipped the print 2 months later.

All the initial notification means is "I'm going to ship something with the following tracking information", it doesn't mean it's already been put in the mail. It's the equivalent of putting a stamp on the envelope. Just because it's the day you put the stamp on, doesn't mean it's the day you put it in the mailbox.

khaaan

link

edit: they'll adjust the price if you talk to them, I recommend the live chat.

The deal has "officially" gone into effect now so if you were waiting for the numbers on the page to say $9.99, now's your chance.

Sora_N

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can use a Best Buy gift card for a Future Shop web order. I typed in the gift card number and the balance shows up on Future Shop's website, but I'm not able to apply the card for my purchase.

I got a $20 GC for free a while ago and thought I'd use it at Best Buy to get Pokemon Y and cancel my E3 order for Pokemon, but it seems I can't since my other 2 orders from the E3 promo were shipped.

It's not a big deal either way, but I was curious to know if you indeed can use a Best Buy GC on the Future Shop website. Can anyone confirm?

I've used a FS card on BB's site so I'm sure it works.

you can try calling them to apply the GC to that order, or take it to the store to refund when you get it so you can pay with the card.

ohlawd

The deal has "officially" gone into effect now so if you were waiting for the numbers on the page to say $9.99, now's your chance.

Thanks for the heads up.

Placed an order for Team Ico Collection, Sony Smash Bros., and Gran Turismo 5 XL. Not touching the latter ever doe.

Are DSi XL's worth anything to trade in at EB or somewhere? Thinking of trading mine in towards some variant of 3DS, but I seem to see the best prices for 3DS consoles popping up at WM or SDM instead of places that take trade ins, so I don't know if I should just kijiji it and pick one up that way.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dammit I missed out on the Futureshop after hours sale. Was looking to get Persona 4 Golden if used games really were 25% off.

i-Jest

Speaking of pricematters.ca, did anyone here order the ZombiU bundle for $300?

I missed that one. Money had to go else where at the last minute. I still look from time to time in case they get it back in stock (not likely imo). I'll just get it elsewhere when I'm ready though.

Top Bottom