• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

DaBoss

It should. It's on their Most Wanted list (meaning they give a minimum $30 for it.)

Really? It sounds like they'll give a maximum of $30 depending on the game. And it says in the fine print:
Get a minimum of 5$ extra for each game traded from this list. Cannot be combined with other Trade offers. Activation Fees may apply. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Games must include boxes and instructions. Subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime.

Though I barely trade in games, so I don't know anything about it.

zroid

Banned
Really? It sounds like they'll give a maximum of $30 depending on the game. And it says in the fine print:

Though I barely trade in games, so I don't know anything about it.

Hmmm, min $5 extra probably means the TIV is $19 or so. But can't combine with another offer definitely sounds like a dealbreaker.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I called EB and asked them for some values for games to see if they qualify for Pokemon.

SMTIV was $14. Nintendo Land was $7.

SMDH.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Am I the only one to order the Zelda WW HD LE from GameStop.com today? I'm hoping for an EB.ca restock so I can cancel it and save some money.

I have NSMBU brand new sealed for $30 if you live in Toronto and interested.

Would it be worth getting a used wii balance board or should i just go new. Anyone know where i can get it for cheap?

Aww damn you probably already gave this to someone, I'd love it as well. :(

krae_man

Am I the only one to order the Zelda WW HD LE from GameStop.com today? I'm hoping for an EB.ca restock so I can cancel it and save some money.

How were you able to do that? I just tried and I got a "this item can only be shipped to USA". message

Anyway, the cost might end up being the same or cheaper since there's always a chance it slips through customs and you don't have to pay the tax.

Fuzzy

How were you able to do that? I just tried and I got a "this item can only be shipped to USA". message

Anyway, the cost might end up being the same or cheaper since there's always a chance it slips through customs and you don't have to pay the tax.
I don't know, it asked for my billing/shipping address and it went through. I'm paying $15 for shipping plus whatever customs I get hit with. :(

Fuzzy

I'm talking about the Game + Statue.

D1HS8Tb.png

It's back in-stock on GameStop.com.

Dazzler

Was just about to ask if any Vancouver bros know any offers on PS3 consoles, or even anyone selling a preowned one for a reasonable price?

I don't want to deal with the cesspit of Craigslist and that Ass Creed offer is out of stock province-wide :(

krae_man

Was just about to ask if any Vancouver bros know any offers on PS3 consoles, or even anyone selling a preowned one for a reasonable price?

I don't want to deal with the cesspit of Craigslist and that Ass Creed offer is out of stock province-wide :(

How about a 250gb with GOTY Uncharted 3 and a year of plus for $250?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What are the odds we'll get a midnight release for Pokemon? :/ Less than 10%? :/

iiicon

What are the odds we'll get a midnight release for Pokemon? :/ Less than 10%? :/
It'll most likely be up on the eShop at Midnight EDT like every Nintendo game if you wanna go digital.

I think I'm gonna bite on that EB deal. I haven't played a Pokemon game since HeartGold and have a few games I'm done with that qualify. Plus, that Mononoke Deer God Pokemon looks awesome.

zroid

Banned
Basically you need to trade in a $60 console game which has held its value. Tales of Xillia, Last of Us, Pikmin 3, etc. should work.

I'm ready to unload TLOU so it's a good deal for me. :p

Sober

Hmm so FS/BB has some SD cards on sale, feel like I should grab a 16 or 32 one for my 3DS. Any brands I should avoid though?

krae_man

Neo Geo X Gold's finally dropped to $100 at Futureshop and BestBuy.

Whatever remaining stock they have will probably sell out at this price. It's probably the cheapest you'll be able to get one.

Man those weeks of checking FS and BB daily paid off.

zroid

Banned
ugh, freakin' FS and BB... still no listings for Ys Celceta. I wanted to pre-order now while FS is doing the 10% off games sale. (._. )

zroid

Banned
by the way, this FS sale might be a good time to get some 3DS games, if you don't mind buying used.

they have a good assortment in stock right now, and it's 25% off. Fire Emblem and Project X Zone, for example, are $34.99, so 25% off will be $26. Not bad.

oh, and... remember this?

7fA7QeM.png

at least they fixed the price, lol

khaaan

The Vita starter kit coming with every Vita purchase is a pretty sweet deal. Free case, screen protector and memory card (4GB sadly) is awesome.

It's also kind of funny they've stuck the 2DS in the same subcategory as the OG DS.

Sora_N

by the way, this FS sale might be a good time to get some 3DS games, if you don't mind buying used.

they have a good assortment in stock right now, and it's 25% off. Fire Emblem and Project X Zone, for example, are $34.99, so 25% off will be $26. Not bad.

oh, and... remember this?

7fA7QeM.png

at least they fixed the price, lol

Sadly the vita used selection sucks.

Top Bottom