• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ico is currently available on PS+ and SotC will be later this month. Just saying.

And PSN has a Spend $50 Get $10 Back promo which basically makes a year of PS+ $40.

ohlawd

hey about that spend 50 psn stuff

is there a counter to show how much I've currently spent? I have no idea if the costume DLC I bought counts toward the promo.

espher

Has anyone ever been able to update CC details through FS' website? I accidentally put my old card in for a purchase and went to update to a new one (same #, different exp) and it keeps failing. I'll probably give them a call tonight but I want to know if I should even bother wasting attempts online.

Between that and Best Buy never managing to send me a temporary password when I try to reset it I'm super thrilled with the quality of these sites.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone ever been able to update CC details through FS' website? I accidentally put my old card in for a purchase and went to update to a new one (same #, different exp) and it keeps failing. I'll probably give them a call tonight but I want to know if I should even bother wasting attempts online.

Between that and Best Buy never managing to send me a temporary password when I try to reset it I'm super thrilled with the quality of these sites.

Their site sucks. My personal experience adding gift cards to an order is annoying, I always have to call it since it never works online.

In the past I have, but not recently. My GTA V order had an old card attached to it (E3 2012 order) and I eventually had to call in to change it.

My favorite annoyance about their site: all their order links are JavaScript, so you can't open any of them in new tabs from your list of orders.

Nobility

Banned

Thank you for reminding me sir.

Had to give them a call to update the CC info.

FS website never manages to update CC info when I need it to.

espher

Alright, thanks guys. :) Shouldn't be an issue for me for another few years after this batch, so I'll give them a call tonight. :)

zroid

Banned
Ugh. I really regret not pre-ordering Wii Party U in June. I would have for sure if I'd known back then it would be bundled with a Wiimote+.

Lexxism

Ugh. I really regret not pre-ordering Wii Party U in June. I would have for sure if I'd known back then it would be bundled with a Wiimote+.

I agree. I'm also regretting for not pre-ordering any of the three games(or was it 4?) with Wiimote bundle. How much was the placeholder price of Wii Party U back then? $60?

edit: I forgot that the Pokemon XY release date is on Saturday! I wonder if we will get our copy on Friday!!!

zroid

Banned
I agree. I'm also regretting for not pre-ordering any of the three games(or was it 4?) with Wiimote bundle. How much was the placeholder price of Wii Party U back then? $60?
Yeah pretty sure it was $60. Even for $40 now it's a pretty good deal. The only Wiimote+ I have is the Gold Skyward Sword one, and I don't like using it...

I do have one of those WM+ dongles but they're kind of annoying.

edit: I forgot that the Pokemon XY release date is on Saturday! I wonder if we will get our copy on Friday!!!

Next Saturday, that is. :p

i-Jest

hmmm, anyone use this site before?

recertified, does that mean used?

I would assume re-certified means used. I don't know what stress test they subject used merchandise to. It could be boom or bust. You can always wait for a good price on a new controller.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
hey about that spend 50 psn stuff

is there a counter to show how much I've currently spent? I have no idea if the costume DLC I bought counts toward the promo.

On your PS3 go to Account Management > Transaction Management > Transaction History.

So has anyone discovered which stores are breaking street date on XY?

Nice try, Nintendo Ninja.

iLLmAtlc

Wow sick, turns out amazon.ca has a facility in Richmond now. I always stayed away from them before because of the shipping from Ontario.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I hope we get FS copies of Pokemon on Friday because I leave the country that morning for 2 weeks...

Same. I REALLY hope it comes on Friday, like SMTIV came a day early. If not I'll have to actually GO to a FS on Saturday and buy it.

Are EBGames&FS copies the same?

E.g. I have it pre-ordered from FS, can I buy it at EBGames on Saturday and then return the pre-ordered copy to them, despite it being from FS?

There's an EBGames right next to my apartment, while the FS is further away...

Cheerilee

hmmm, anyone use this site before?

recertified, does that mean used?

Recertified means that it was returned for some reason (like it was broken under warranty, or defective or whatever) and then if it was broken it got repaired, and then someone with authority (presumably works for Microsoft) inspected it and said "Yeah, this is good enough to sell again."

I think I've bought around three recertified controllers from NCIX, and they all seemed essentially new. I think one had some minor smoothing on the white plastic, but all the parts seemed as tight as new. On another controller, I found a minor scratch.

I've bought plenty of used controllers before (going back to the Atari 2600), and by my experience, it's rare (but not impossible) to find used controllers that are in as good condition as recertified 360 controllers.

Lexxism

Same. I REALLY hope it comes on Friday, like SMTIV came a day early. If not I'll have to actually GO to a FS on Saturday and buy it.

Are EBGames&FS copies the same?

E.g. I have it pre-ordered from FS, can I buy it at EBGames on Saturday and then return the pre-ordered copy to them, despite it being from FS?

There's an EBGames right next to my apartment, while the FS is further away...

Yeah. I remember some people here are doing that. I'll probably do the same if my copy doesn't come on Friday.

thefil

I am tempted to check the Mom & Pop around the corner from me (Kitchener, ON) to see if they would have Pokemon. No idea if they normally break street date though, and it seems like a dick thing to ask about.

I hope we get FS copies of Pokemon on Friday because I leave the country that morning for 2 weeks...

Even if it ships don't expect CP to get it to you on Friday.

Bought something from FS over the weekend, shipped Sunday, CP marked delivered yesterday. I'll probably get a slip today.

joedick

Cool that Nintendo Zone locations will soon give you the last 6 people who have come through onto your 3DS street pass. Or at least it would be if the street pass relay actually worked.

Has anybody in Canada (or specifically, Ottawa) had any luck with the relay feature on 3DS?

Magnus

Lol at hoping FS ships a game early. At least in Toronto, it's hopeless. I consistently get games on the Wednesday or Thuraday after their Tuesday release.

Firestorm

Speaking of Wind Waker LE, I was thinking about it and if the 20% off anything at Shoppers last Saturday was for electronics too I could have got the WiiU bundle for $240... That is a price I think I'd pay for a WiiU with Mario coming out.
I don't live in Newfoundland these days so I wouldn't be able to tell ya. But I will say a few old friends of mine from St John's posted Facebook photos of the game yesterday. LOL.
I wonder what's gonna happen to the store now... I think this guy really screwed them over.

canonj

Cool that Nintendo Zone locations will soon give you the last 6 people who have come through onto your 3DS street pass. Or at least it would be if the street pass relay actually worked.

Has anybody in Canada (or specifically, Ottawa) had any luck with the relay feature on 3DS?

I've had it work 4 or 5 times so far. At least...I think it's working, because it's always after I've been to a McDonalds, and I get StreetPass data for all of my StreetPass compatible games. Once they increase it to the last 6 people it should be really easy to tell that it's a relay StreetPass.

zroid

Banned
Lol at hoping FS ships a game early. At least in Toronto, it's hopeless. I consistently get games on the Wednesday or Thuraday after their Tuesday release.

Well, there is a bit of precedent in the case of Pokémon, which is a Saturday release, where the following Monday is a holiday for CP. Specifically, Pikmin 3. FS shipped mine and many others' copies out on Thursday and we received them on Friday. If they'd shipped on Friday as per usual, we'd have gotten them on Tuesday. They might do the same here.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

With the shipping central in Richmond, the lower mainland actually usually has good odds. Of my last 3 preorders, 2 came on time and 1 came a day early.

So I did end up ordering the LG G2 for $399 from Bell on a monthly plan and they shipped it.

Even with all the miscellaneous charges, comes up to around $475, great deal nonetheless.

FPDVAGu.jpg

Wonder when the Nexus 5 would be launched, I don't think they will ship it to Canada right away even if it is announced. I remember the Nexus 4 haven't began to ship to Canada for a month or two after the American launch.

rinse82

So did anyone get in on that RFD deal via shop.ca?

I just preordered a PS4 + extra controller + Killzone (essentially the EU bundle) $514.99

Came up to $433 including HST after the following discounts
$25 rewards for shop.ca new registration
$25 stackable coupon code 'moose25'
$95 cashback by accessing shop.ca through ebates.ca portal who is giving 20% cashback on all purchases at shop.ca currently

First off, I'll be super surprised if I actually get the cashback from ebates on this, but I already see it in my pending cash balance on the site, so who knows.

Thought I'd give it a shot It's basically $15-20 cheaper than standalone PS4 but you're getting Killzone and extra DS4 for free.

zroid

Banned
I wonder what are the chances of SDM selling Wind Waker HD on Friday. That $20 off $60 coupon...

Bah. I'm getting the LE anyway but bah.

Top Bottom