• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Sober

I've had it work 4 or 5 times so far. At least...I think it's working, because it's always after I've been to a McDonalds, and I get StreetPass data for all of my StreetPass compatible games. Once they increase it to the last 6 people it should be really easy to tell that it's a relay StreetPass.
Are all Nintendo Zones also Streetpass relays (1 or 6 or whatever)?

Also I just realized the Streetpass Plaza limit is 10? Sigh.

Orca

Lol at hoping FS ships a game early. At least in Toronto, it's hopeless. I consistently get games on the Wednesday or Thuraday after their Tuesday release.

My copy of Halo 4 from Futureshop arrived on the Friday before launch - regular shipping. That made my 'expedited' copy of GTA being so late all the more ridiculous.

ohlawd

Tales of Xillia is $40 at FS for the next week starting Friday, hmmm.....
That's a great price. You should bite if you're thinking of playing it right away. If not, then I guess wait for lower prices during the holidays.

and gawd did Nintendo get rid of highlighting on the Wii U? jeezus.

Yawnier

Banned
That's a great price. You should bite if you're thinking of playing it right away. If not, then I guess wait for lower prices during the holidays.

and gawd did Nintendo get rid of highlighting on the Wii U? jeezus.

I am thinking of buying it because for comparison sake Tales of Graces f is still like $40 everywhere a year and a half after it has released, only thing is that it seems to be a game of fair length and my only time for gaming now is mostly just on the weekends so it would take me forever to complete probably, lol.

Are all Nintendo Zones also Streetpass relays (1 or 6 or whatever)?

Also I just realized the Streetpass Plaza limit is 10? Sigh.

I didn't know about the limit. Went to the Pokemon World Championship, went home and was surprised to only have 10 when I checked. If I'd known I would've been furiously meeting people while I was there. :(

Lexxism

Saw this @ RFD

FS
2i5x.jpg

ja6.JPG

uqxl.jpg

SDM

TRU

Mikey Jr.

I live in the GTA and thinking about switching to Wind from Rogers purely for the data.

Anyone have any complaints with them? How is their signal? Get dropped calls?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
How many do you need? I bought one 32gb ages ago and I have never even come close to filling it.

I'm assuming you don't have PS+. I filled mine up in less than a month and have had to start deleted games.

I live in the GTA and thinking about switching to Wind from Rogers purely for the data.

I used them a while ago, no major complaints. Coverage indoors was spotty depending on the building. Overall it was decent though. One month I used TONSSSS of data when my internet went down for a week lol. Good times.

the lack of lte made me move. And phone selection was poor at that time.

Nibiru

Banned
I'm assuming you don't have PS+. I filled mine up in less than a month and have had to start deleted games.

Of course I have PS+ I had that day one. You don't HAVE to download them when they go free as long as you flag them as purchased you can download them w/e as long as you stay PS+ subscribed. That said I do have like 10 games on my Vita but even that is way more than I need at any one time.

Yeah... I mean I get the anticipation for a game show up, and I may have been guilty of participating once or twice myself, but it's getting to be a little much. Every time something relatively popular releases the thread devolves into this.

I hear yah. Do I feel the need to bore my fellow GAFfers to tears with tales of having to call in to Future Shop to change my method of payment, and how that will set my game(s) ship dates back by 3-5 business days?

Will I follow that up with day-by-day updates as to whether my games have shipped or not?

No. Why on earth would I do this? I can recognize that NeoGAF is a discussion forum and not my personal blog. Or facebook wall, or whatever the appropriate comparison would be for people who are still hip and cool with the wizz bang pew-pew.

/alsonotaconstructivecontributiontoGAF

Gadirok

Vita memory card prices are insane.

True, but luckily I got my 32gb for $40.

Still, in comparison to the eshop with PSN, its miles ahead of the eshop IMO along with PSN actually having an account system worth a damn.

Compared to my 2 gb SD card on the 3DS with practically nothing worth saving on it, the 32gb vita card is filled. Definitely got my $40 worth since I bought it back in January.
Though the sticks are definitely not worth supporting. It totally blocks off and invalidates the great Vita digital sales we get.

PS+ already has my 32gb filled, so I got to start making arrangements.

So did anyone get in on that RFD deal via shop.ca?

I ordered a $136 beaver creek guitar for $31 on Saturday, if ebates pulls through. should have got a cheap yamaha guitar though. the order is still processing.

Have another account with GTA V and some clothes for $92. $62 after ebates. That order shipped already.

i-Jest

I just preordered a PS4 + extra controller + Killzone (essentially the EU bundle) $514.99

Came up to $433 including HST after the following discounts
$25 rewards for shop.ca new registration
$25 stackable coupon code 'moose25'
$95 cashback by accessing shop.ca through ebates.ca portal who is giving 20% cashback on all purchases at shop.ca currently

First off, I'll be super surprised if I actually get the cashback from ebates on this, but I already see it in my pending cash balance on the site, so who knows.

Thought I'd give it a shot It's basically $15-20 cheaper than standalone PS4 but you're getting Killzone and extra DS4 for free.

I tip my hat to you sir.

Keyouta

Pokemon X is going to take like a week to ship to me. Never had one of my orders arrive on time. I assume for the EB deal, you need to call the store and ask what games are worth the trade in?

Parapraxis

I just preordered a PS4 + extra controller + Killzone (essentially the EU bundle) $514.99

Came up to $433 including HST after the following discounts
$25 rewards for shop.ca new registration
$25 stackable coupon code 'moose25'
$95 cashback by accessing shop.ca through ebates.ca portal who is giving 20% cashback on all purchases at shop.ca currently

First off, I'll be super surprised if I actually get the cashback from ebates on this, but I already see it in my pending cash balance on the site, so who knows.

Thought I'd give it a shot It's basically $15-20 cheaper than standalone PS4 but you're getting Killzone and extra DS4 for free.

Bundle says "sold out" for me :(

Sober

Is there even any bit of a risk that Pokemon X/Y (I'm aiming for Y) even going to be so scarce that I should even bother pre-ordering? I feel like after Starcraft 2, I didn't really feel the need for it.

So I managed to get Just Dance 4 Wii U and Paper Mario Sticker Star priced matched at SDM and WM for $33 combined at FS to trade for the $60 card at Best Buy, which is destined for Sonic Lost World Wii U, they wouldn't let me pre-order because they oddly CAN'T for the game lol.

Just Dance 4 was actually used (no new copies for fucking MILES at both FS and BB, it's $15 at WM), they allowed it but wouldn't do the difference, they did for Paper Mario ($20 at SDM). Could've likely done it at The Source (they're fine with online pages), but hey, used becomes used again, not as bad of a "waste".

Well this will be my first Day 1 game since... Xenoblade.

I'm a budget buyer so I always wait for games to plummet in price during freak sales, saves a fuck ton in the long run.

So for Sonic that's $33 for the game, with maybe a buck or two to spare after tax for the game. Yay!

IF lucky there will be an uber trade-in deal for it (not that common these days at least for these kinds of games aren't they?) and if so, the card will likely go to 3D World or MK8/DKCTF later on. But at the moment I AM PREPARED! :D

BTW, I was a bit pressed for time and travel so I didn't get to use the Club Nintendo code in Paper Mario, would a kind soul with an extra possibly let me have one? PM me if so.

Wow I was just considering finally buying headphones for my PS3/Xbox.

Which one of those at FS is the best deal do you think?

The Pulse Elites for PS3 are really good, however they have a design flaw which will cause them to crack and break eventually. Also updating the firmware and having that update fail can brick them.

If you go with them get a warranty or something.

big_z

Do the koodo trick. 5GB, Unlimited everything else. $49.50+ tax. You could probably still get the thunderbay plan too which is 6GB but $5 more I think.

krae_man

Check the coverage area and where you go. Also keep in mind the data will be slower then Rogers. But you're not going to find a better price for Unlimited Data then with Wind.

Jay Fray

Do the koodo trick. 5GB, Unlimited everything else. $49.50+ tax. You could probably still get the thunderbay plan too which is 6GB but $5 more I think.

What trick is this? I feel like I'm getting bent over at Virgin paying $10 more and my plan only includes 500MB :(

Forgot to mention to Toronto GAF:

WIND WAKER HD RETAIL IS OUT IN THE SOURCE IN EATON CENTRE.

It's in the store where Rogers is that's near Queen Station. Should've spoken up earlier (unless beaten).

big_z

What trick is this? I feel like I'm getting bent over at Virgin paying $10 more and my plan only includes 500MB :(

Redflagdeals

Read the thread, there are stores that people will hook you up no problem. Also The online method isn't reliable anymore so avoid that.

Basically you go to a store that offers koodo like walmart/bestbuy. Tell them you'll be working in Sk/mb and need to sign up with a number from one of those provinces. They'll list the plans. Theres a $55 + 10%byod plan which is what you want. Give them your real address, if they ask claim you don't have the work address but will update it online later. Now go home log in online and port the number you want into your account. Now you have a plan that costs $120 in some provinces for $49.50 with a local number.

If you want to risk it you could wait for better end of year deals before doing this(I imagine this plan for $45+10%byod by then) but its possible koodo might catch on by then.

Mikey Jr.

Check the coverage area and where you go. Also keep in mind the data will be slower then Rogers. But you're not going to find a better price for Unlimited Data then with Wind.

How do I check coverage? I don't care about speed. I need it for my GPS, to update my email constantly, to use Google voice and search, and to browse internet and YouTube once in a while.

Question: I did the Gamescom Best Buy sale, and somehow my copy of CoD Ghost is now listed as the French version. What do I need to do the fix it?

zroid

Banned
I'm going to try to nab a $20 copy of Lego City at Shoppers tomorrow. That $20 off $60 coupon is too enticing to pass up.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Very tired of the ear-phones that came with my iPod. I have very good headphones, but I am looking for great ear-phones/buds too. Any suggestion? Thanks!

I'm not sure what your budget is, but if you're looking for low cost options, I recommend these, they're good for the price. These are also good for the price.

I actually just picked up these these Sennheiser HD 201 headphones. Affordable and sounds good, sale ends today though.

Top Bottom