• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I'm of the strange breed that mostly uses a land line, but it's nice to have a mobile from time to time to make the odd call, but that's all I'm looking for. 10 minutes a month would probably do me fine. What's the cheapest bare bones option around that's available on BC's Sunshine Coast? I'm currently on a Bell Talk 20 plan on an LG Shine with 50 minutes/month at $22.40 including all charges and taxes, and it's more than I need.

711 Speakout is the cheapest I believe. Google it for more info.

Petro Canada is pretty good too I think.

Otherwise you can go with prepaid. I do $100 topup with 365 day expiry on Rogers, so about $8 a month. Should cover your needs.

iLLmAtlc

I'm of the strange breed that mostly uses a land line, but it's nice to have a mobile from time to time to make the odd call, but that's all I'm looking for. 10 minutes a month would probably do me fine. What's the cheapest bare bones option around that's available on BC's Sunshine Coast? I'm currently on a Bell Talk 20 plan on an LG Shine with 50 minutes/month at $22.40 including all charges and taxes, and it's more than I need.

Speakout pay as you go is what you need. Minimum voucher is 25 bucks and it lasts for a whole year. 10 cents per text and .25/min per call

SickBoy

Just make sure that network covers you OK (Rogers, no?). I visit relatives in the interior every now and then and their overall cell coverage is pretty poor, but it's totally a dead zone for Rogers.

711 Speakout is the cheapest I believe. Google it for more info.

Petro Canada is pretty good too I think.

Otherwise you can go with prepaid. I do $100 topup with 365 day expiry on Rogers, so about $8 a month. Should cover your needs.

Speakout pay as you go is what you need. Minimum voucher is 25 bucks and it lasts for a whole year. 10 cents per text and .25/min per call

Just make sure that network covers you OK (Rogers, no?). I visit relatives in the interior every now and then and their overall cell coverage is pretty poor, but it's totally a dead zone for Rogers.

Thanks a lot, all. I didn't realize that the 365 day prepaid was so ubiquitous, Bell has something similar, may stick with them even if the rates aren't as good as I know signal works. Definitely checking all the options.

iLLmAtlc

Thanks a lot, all. I didn't realize that the 365 day prepaid was so ubiquitous, Bell has something similar, may stick with them even if the rates aren't as good as I know signal works. Definitely checking all the options.

Most places offer a year if you drop 100 but when I was looking anyway a whole year for a low amount like 25 was pretty unheard of, most were like 10 per month minimum.

bakuryu

Neo Member
Seriously guys, +1 for a separate Canadian shipping discussion thread.

(and I would even suggest a Canadian telecom discussion thread as well).

I don't remember the last time I saw a deal here.

Fularu

Banned
Jesus that thread is unreadable now.

I gave up trying to find deals, it's useless banter most of the time. Gaf has an OT, discuss your shipping woes/Mobile providers and crap over there.

Every single time this thread gets bumped I'm hoping for a new deal (on Celceta/EO/Etc) only to be disapointed that it's yet an another shipping bitching (or, as with my post, bitching that this thread is now worthless)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

There's already one.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457739

Deals are really only posted on Wednesday/Thursday when the flyers are released any way.

yPm5SEt.jpg

And RCSS is having a no tax event this weekend also. There's nothing else worth mentioning in the flyers because it's all full priced stuff.

So now that I own a Wii U, where are some of the cheapest places to get games (Mario Bro U, Lego City)? I've seen the Shoppers suggestion, but the few I've been to don't have any.

DJ_Lae

So now that I own a Wii U, where are some of the cheapest places to get games (Mario Bro U, Lego City)? I've seen the Shoppers suggestion, but the few I've been to don't have any.

I'd love to know too, my WiiU should arrive today so I'd be interested in picking up NSMBU and Lego City, mostly. Nintendoland would have been perfect if I could have scored a $20 clearance copy at Costco the other month, but oh well.

I've tried six Shoppers' here in Edmonton and none of them had many WiiU games, let alone the clearance ones.

zroid

Banned
Best place to get NSMBU is from FS/BB a few months ago for $15 >__>

Yeah, that's probably never going to happen again, lol.

Returners

Has anyone tried to change their online Futureshop Battlefield order from this gen to next gen? My PS3 order has an steelbook attached.

Speaking of which too, how about stuff from E3 promos?

Ondore

Minor deal: Superstore's doing $10 off select WiiU games in the flyer this week (shows Mario U, Pikmin 3 and Lego City specifically). Add in the no-tax deal and that's decent (especially for Pikmin).

Game & Wario and Mass Effect 3 Special Edition both for Wii U are $12 at Target, and I can't find ANY in Toronto. :mad:

Any chance someone can grab them at that price and meet me in Toronto and I'll pay you back for them? :(

Ican just hope they'll be back in stock soon and still be on sale, or hope someone snaps pics so SOME store will price match them. :(

ohlawd

while there aren't any deals for Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 that I know of, pick them up anyway. lawd 60 each is a steal imo.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I know people are sick of the shipping bitching, but this morning Canada Post apparently tried to deliver my package at 8:36. The only problem is I was actually outside, standing at the end of my driveway at that time with my younger brothers waiting for their bus. Even walked my dog to the end of my street and back, with a view of the driveway the entire time and never saw a truck.

Jesus that thread is unreadable now.

I gave up trying to find deals, it's useless banter most of the time. Gaf has an OT, discuss your shipping woes/Mobile providers and crap over there.

Every single time this thread gets bumped I'm hoping for a new deal (on Celceta/EO/Etc) only to be disapointed that it's yet an another shipping bitching (or, as with my post, bitching that this thread is now worthless)

Honestly speaking, I like all the discussion in one thread. This thread doesn't move fast enough, may be like 50 posts a day with all the discussions we have in here already, be it games, shipping, networks, internet or any other Canadian deals or discussions. As Fuzzy already mentioned. deals are posted mostly on Thursday/Friday when the Flyers are out.

As for the shipping, I never talked about it. However, I only see that it occurs when there is a big release such as GTA V or The Last Of US etc. With the the holiday season and the next gen season coming up, expect this thread to get bumped up more.

I for one do not mind other deals or discussion. I like that we all are the Canadian community and opinions/suggestions are easier to get around.

zroid

Banned
Would kill to find one sealed in Toronto, the only one in the city is opened. :(

haha, that's never going to happen with old games at EB

I've just been perusing the cheap games catalogue. There's a handful of decent DS and Wii stuff that are apparently in stock at various stores nearby, might do a quick drive-by and see what I can get. My expectations are low. These inventory listings are rarely accurate.

Honestly speaking, I like all the discussion in one thread. This thread doesn't move fast enough, may be like 50 posts a day with all the discussions we have in here already, be it games, shipping, networks, internet or any other Canadian deals or discussions. As Fuzzy already mentioned. deals are posted mostly on Thursday/Friday when the Flyers are out.

As for the shipping, I never talked about it. However, I only see that it occurs when there is a big release such as GTA V or The Last Of US etc. With the the holiday season and the next gen season coming up, expect this thread to get bumped up more.

I for one do not mind other deals or discussion. I like that we all are the Canadian community and opinions/suggestions are easier to get around.
I gotta agree with you. Even though I rarely post I like that all of us Canucks are in one thread. It's like our own little Canadian Gaf concentration camp in here.

haha, that's never going to happen with old games at EB

I've just been perusing the cheap games catalogue. There's a handful of decent DS and Wii stuff that are apparently in stock at various stores nearby, might do a quick drive-by and see what I can get. My expectations are low. These inventory listings are rarely accurate.

Had some luck with other sealed $0.50 games, mostly crap games to use as fresh cases. lol. managed to grab Prince Caspian Wii sealed; the ONLY non-Lego game the main Travellers Tales team (not TT Fusion) did last gen. It's bleh. XD It's so running on the LEGO engine. And I'm SO adoring Lego City Undercover by TT Fusion. :D

I can try to check on that one copy and see if it's in good condition.

zroid

Banned
Hmm Toys R Us doing another late night sale tomorrow. Nothing mindblowing games-wise, but a couple things:

After 8pm: BOGO 50% off everything Skylanders related

After 9pm: Buy a Wind Waker Wii U bundle ($299.99) and get 150 bonus air miles. I guess if you were planning on getting one anyway, 150 air miles isn't too bad of an extra.

Sora_N

Sweet, Best Buy finally emailed me the code for the KH 1.5 Remix LE theme. I had to email them 3 times, and then some manager emailed me to say they're getting them (8 days ago) and finally got it yesterday it seems.

EDIT:

Just checked shipping for my Pokemon XL.

Service: Expedited Parcels

Expected Delivery : 2013/09/27
Need the delivery standard date?

Wow, guess they're shipping from Richmond (I'm in Vancouver). I might not even be home when they come though, unless they come at 10AM lol.

Ryne

Got a question for you guys. Can you use a Visa Debit card with ebgames.ca? I want to pre-order the South Park game, but will be out of the country when it is shipped.

I can use a credit card if needed, but I prefer taking the cash directly out of my account.

Magnus

Someone catch me up please. Are PS4 bundles showing up for preorder, or is it just Core Systems for right now at Canadian retailers?

Lexxism

Someone catch me up please. Are PS4 bundles showing up for preorder, or is it just Core Systems for right now at Canadian retailers?

No, it's just the system but
I do remember that ebgames offered a bundle (though I'm not sure they did anyway. That's probably gamestop I'm thinking)

trixx

I have NSMBU brand new sealed for $30 if you live in Toronto and interested.

Would it be worth getting a used wii balance board or should i just go new. Anyone know where i can get it for cheap?

I have NSMBU brand new sealed for $30 if you live in Toronto and interested.

Would it be worth getting a used wii balance boars+ wii fit or should i just go new. Anyone know where i can get it for cheap?

Cheapest I've found is ebay, sadly, which comes to around $50 with shipping. With a fit meter it'll come to $70. Still, less than the likely MSRP of $99.99

Got a question for you guys. Can you use a Visa Debit card with ebgames.ca? I want to pre-order the South Park game, but will be out of the country when it is shipped.

I can use a credit card if needed, but I prefer taking the cash directly out of my account.

Don't think so. I can't guarantee that it wouldn't work, but when I tried to use mine on there a month or two ago it wouldn't go through. Hopefully they start accepting Pay Pal soon.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

The funny thing about the people complaining about the lack of deals in this thread is that those people never contribute anything themselves.

Want a deal? Here's one from EB.

BVLrLynCEAAKF_K.jpg

TRADE 1, GET POKEMON X OR Y FOR FREE!
When you trade in 1 game worth $15 or more in trade

krae_man

Okay Futureshop and BestBuy are fucking with me. I've been checking the sites daily in hopes that they will finally put the New Geo X on clearance.

What do I see today?. $2 off on the extra stick only, you call that a clearance?

zroid

Banned
Want a deal? Here's one from EB.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVLrLynCEAAKF_K.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/specialty/tradeins/"]TRADE 1, GET POKEMON X OR Y FOR FREE!
When you trade in 1 game worth $15 or more in trade[/URL][/QUOTE]

Ah jeez, I was happy with my $27 E3 pre-order, but I could trade in TLOU and get a poster out of it from EB too... decisions, decisions...

balohna

$10 off and no tax is probably the best I can hope for for NSMBU. I was being patient because I only got NSMB2 a month ago and a Wii U a few weeks ago. I'll snatch that up tomorrow.

Top Bottom