• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh hey I got my FS copy of Wind Waker after all... but it still isn't even denoted as having shipped on the order status page. In fact, I can't print the receipt either. How the heck am I gonna return this!? :S
Cancel your order and enjoy the free copy.

I'm kidding. I guess you'll have to wait a few days before you can return it.

zroid

Banned
Cancel your order and enjoy the free copy.

I'm kidding. I guess you'll have to wait a few days before you can return it.

They charged my card on Wednesday! :lol

yeah if it doesn't get updated in a few days I suppose I'll go to the store with my order number and hope they can figure it out.

Lexxism

I bought PS3 Arkham Asylum GotY from them and it's English/French all over the cover. I don't know if there was an English-only version in Canada.

Ah, I'm fine with that. As long as it's not French version only. Thanks for answering.

NolbertoS

Hey guys. The PS3 500GB God of war Ascension Bundle is 199.99, while supplies last at Future Shop. I just bought one today, finally joining thr ranks of PS3 gamers :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So apparently GameStop is having a midnight release for Pokemon in the states.

COME ON EBGAMES.

khaaan

Sly is $9.99 at BB and FS now. I actually bit this time, haha.

Reserved it just for the Vita cross-buy, can't wait to check it- 3.3 GIGS!?!?!?!??
Someone needs to have a Vita memory card sale. That sale that Best Buy was having in the states makes me jelly.

Sora_N

Reserved it just for the Vita cross-buy, can't wait to check it- 3.3 GIGS!?!?!?!??
Someone needs to have a Vita memory card sale. That sale that Best Buy was having in the states makes me jelly.

I have 2 4GB ones, I feel that pain. I'm not gonna pay that much for memory cards yet though. SD cards are cheap so it's not fair.

Layth

Do we know which retailers will sell the Wii Fit Meter to unlock the full game when Wii Fit is available next month? I looked on Amazon, EB Games, and Best Buy's websites. None of them carry the Wii Fit Meter.

zroid

Banned
Do we know which retailers will sell the Wii Fit Meter to unlock the full game when Wii Fit is available next month? I looked on Amazon, EB Games, and Best Buy's websites. None of them carry the Wii Fit Meter.

Amazon might not cause of their Nintendo hardware policy. EB is pretty much guaranteed, and most of the other big retailers I would say it's pretty likely they will carry it. It's probably not the sort of thing that retailers are planning to offer pre-orders for, which might be why they aren't listed anywhere at the moment.

Layth

Amazon might not cause of their Nintendo hardware policy. EB is pretty much guaranteed, and most of the other big retailers I would say it's pretty likely they will carry it. It's probably not the sort of thing that retailers are planning to offer pre-orders for, which might be why they aren't listed anywhere at the moment.

That makes sense. As long as I'm able to able to buy the meter during the free period I'll be fine lol I guess I'll check again once the Wii Fit download is up.

Thanks!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

DaBoss

Well you would essentially get $70 out of SMTIV ($30 credit plus $40 for Pokemon X/Y) versus the $50 you paid for it.

That's only the US though, not Amazon Canada.

krae_man

The games are good yes. Not as good as the console versions but definitely worth buying if you liked the console versions.

Both are shorter then the console games as well but $10 for 2 games is worth it.

ohlawd

Hmmm. SMTIV has a tiv of $19 at ebgames. So this game is eligible for trade-in but is it worth it?

Nope. No doubt in my mind SMTIV is a better game than Pokemon X/Y. But if you got an extra copy sitting around, go ahead and do it.

God of War Origins Collections for $9.95

Are they good?

Hell yes. Worth it just for Ghost of Sparta alone. The only GoW games better than that are 2 and 3. Chains of Olympus is pretty crap like 1 but play it anyway.

krae_man

In my correct universe every game after the first one has tried to copy it but has failed to surpass it.

For example the Hydra is the best first boss of the series.

zroid

Banned
First one just struggles with pacing in the middle, imo. The highs are very high though. That was also before the character got extremely played out. :p

krae_man

The Pandora temple is like 80% of the game and it's a shame the boss guarding Pandora's Box was scrapped for time but it's still hands down the best game despite that.

Any recommendations for HDMI Switches? I ran outta HDMI ports and now switching between devices, 3 ports is just too few!

I got one from Amazon a few months ago for literally like $4, works like a dream. It even automatically detects where a live signal is coming from, so you never actually need to to the switching!

Tech like that is digital, so it's all pretty comparable.

I got one from Amazon a few months ago for literally like $4, works like a dream. It even automatically detects where a live signal is coming from, so you never actually need to to the switching!

Monoprice sells them as well. I use a little hardware switch for my PC and Mac Mini, no problems at all.

DJ_Lae

One like this?

I'm currently using a 2x2 matrix switch to shuffle inputs between two different TVs, but I need more inputs now that I have a WiiU. A nice simple switch like that would be great.

I also have a bigger Monoprice switch but it would be overkill for that application.

Magnus

What's the dealio on amazon.com vs amazon.ca orders here in Canada? (specifically Toronto)

Something I want is $89 US on amazon.com and $115 CDN on amazon.ca. Meanwhile, on XE.com...

"89.00 USD = 91.6590 CAD"

How's shipping to Ontario via Amazon.com? It's more viable to do that than order from amazon.ca, right?

Top Bottom