• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Buy a $200 gift card for 2000 points.
Buy Vita or 3DS XL for 36000 points on Saturday (1800x20).

38000 points are worth $60, and more during bonus redemptions.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Redflagdeals

Read the thread, there are stores that people will hook you up no problem. Also The online method isn't reliable anymore so avoid that.

Basically you go to a store that offers koodo like walmart/bestbuy. Tell them you'll be working in Sk/mb and need to sign up with a number from one of those provinces. They'll list the plans. Theres a $55 + 10%byod plan which is what you want. Give them your real address, if they ask claim you don't have the work address but will update it online later. Now go home log in online and port the number you want into your account. Now you have a plan that costs $120 in some provinces for $49.50 with a local number.

If you want to risk it you could wait for better end of year deals before doing this(I imagine this plan for $45+10%byod by then) but its possible koodo might catch on by then.
Wow this is a pretty good deal. My wife who lives in MB is on one of the 3 year iPhone deals... it's probably worth it for us to pay off her phone and switch her over to this.

No_Style

So wait, this coupon doesn't exclude gift cards? Nice.

Excludes prescription purchases, insulin, products with codeine, tobacco products (where applicable), stamps, milk where discounts are prohibited by law, passport photos, lottery tickets, event tickets, transit tickets and passes, electronic gift cards, prepaid phone cards, prestige cosmetics and fragrances, and Shoppers Home Health Care locations.

It does. :(

astonish

I saw in the Toys'R'Us flyer that they have a buy one, get a second at 40% off sale on all games that are $19.99 or above. The only exclusions they had listed were GTA V, Skylanders, and Disney Infinity.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
SDM probably doesn't have "niche" games like Etrian Odyssey, right?

By the way, how do you get these coupons? I never receive anything like that in my mailbox, and my e-mail adress is registered...

Thanks a lot!

Buy a $200 gift card for 2000 points.
Buy Vita or 3DS XL for 36000 points on Saturday (1800x20).

38000 points are worth $60, and more during bonus redemptions.
So, essentially, I can get a 3DS XL + a game for nearly $140? That's a good deal! Or do I have to use those points only in bonus redemptions to get $60?

ohlawd

... might bite on MH3U for the U even though I got the disc already. Does digital ease up on the loading?

edit: ok no fuck it. Not doing it. I won't even play it since I don't got the time. Plus I gotta save some space on my Deluxe. Still don't got an HDD for that thing.

DJ_Lae

Yup, confirmed, for both 3DS and Wii U.

So glad it does. Waiting for Archambault to finally get my WiiU over here made me miss the last sale, I'm happy it was brought back so I could actually buy it.

I realize I'm entering (alongside Wind Waker) into Nintendo's backward system of online purchases, but oh well.

I'm going to try to nab a $20 copy of Lego City at Shoppers tomorrow. That $20 off $60 coupon is too enticing to pass up.

Wait, what? Lego City Undercover for Wii U is already $20 at Shoppers Drug Mart. I bought a copy a few days ago. Unless I'm missing something? (Or you're talking about the 3DS one?)

zroid

Banned
Wait, what? Lego City Undercover for Wii U is already $20 at Shoppers Drug Mart. I bought a copy a few days ago. Unless I'm missing something? (Or you're talking about the 3DS one?)

Yeah, LCU Wii U got marked down to $20 at SDM some time ago. Might not be readily available though, you can never tell with them.

Madouu

Wind Waker HD shipped from futureshop. It seems SMT shipping early was just an accident. Guess I'll have to wait till Monday for Pokémon.

zroid

Banned
Oh weird. My FS copy of Wind Waker hasn't shipped. Doesn't matter because I'm returning it anyway, but still unusual.

Code 039362 still works on the website of The Source. Code should have been expired for a long time now! It gives 30% off any headphones (saved 30$ on mine), 15% on game accessories (got Dual Shock 4 for 50.99$).

G17

Does anyone know if you are able to pre-order from ebgames.ca, get a beta code, and then cancel the order?

I know a legendary edition of Destiny will be coming out and I want to be able to cancel the standard edition.

Read this on their pre-order faq, but didn't know if it applied to beta codes.

Promotional Items
From time to time, EBGames.ca will offer a special promotional item with a pre-order. Due to limited availability, these items are only available while supplies last.

Note : An order cannot be cancelled once the pre-order item or code has been supplied.

RS4-

If you're in Toronto, I'll sell you my TLOU (but no online pass).

I just have no desire to play it, I put in maybe 3 hours lol :(

I checked and almost every EBG store has the limited edition Zelda in stock; I want the figure, but not really now, as I don't have a Wii U. Should I get it later or will it become rare?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I checked and almost every EBG store has the limited edition Zelda in stock; I want the figure, but not really now, as I don't have a Wii U. Should I get it later or will it become rare?

Probably an error...? I can't believe they would have stopped taking pre-orders after 1 day if they planned to receive ample stock...

krae_man

Great, thanks. Looks pretty good. Do you think their coverage will ever expand or are they pretty much locked in to what they have?

For the moment things are going to stay pretty much the same, maybe a tweak here and there. They probably won't make any major expansions to coverage until after the ownership thing and the 700mhz auction are all settled.

zroid

Banned
Oh hey I got my FS copy of Wind Waker after all... but it still isn't even denoted as having shipped on the order status page. In fact, I can't print the receipt either. How the heck am I gonna return this!? :S

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Futureshop only carries the regular (non-elite) version right?
These are the elite's, they just don't call it that.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...-3-pulse-wireless-headset-99038/10221085.aspx

Hey Fuzzy, are you there? I remember that you bought a game from archambault. You got an english game right?
I bought PS3 Arkham Asylum GotY from them and it's English/French all over the cover. I don't know if there was an English-only version in Canada.

Oh hey I got my FS copy of Wind Waker after all... but it still isn't even denoted as having shipped on the order status page. In fact, I can't print the receipt either. How the heck am I gonna return this!? :S

My order status page says both delivered and left at the post office. Curious to see what I find when I get home.

Top Bottom