• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot to cancel my Tsilon Beyond Two Souls preorder after I preordered the Special Edition as part of this years E3 deal. There goes a Saturday Afternoon. Oh well at least these orders had the right EXP date in them.
I'll buy off you if it's a good price

trixx

Thinking of buying starfox for $20 but i've heard that it's extremely short(haven't played original). At the same time a want to get a game for my little brother so he can keep quiet. Also is there online?

Our beer selection sucks too. But my American wife won't return because her asshat country can't manage to take care of their less fortunate citizens. Strangely enough, she runs her own business but could never afford the taxes and healthcare there. Get your shit straight America.

Our beer selection sucks? What beer-less part of Canada do you live in?

Thinking of buying starfox for $20 but i've heard that it's extremely short(haven't played original). At the same time a want to get a game for my little brother so he can keep quiet. Also is there online?

No online, just local multiplayer. The N64 version was pretty short too. You can beat the whole game in an hour, though you can take multiple paths.

It pisses me off to no end that people complain about stuff like this all the time, and yet Wind is having trouble.

That's because Wind has little to no reception outside of the big cities, and even in the city it can be spotty. Sadly you get what you pay for.

krae_man

Looks like Futureshop has switched from bubble envelopes to cardboard envelopes for mailing. Which is annoying since the bubble envelopes would fit in my mailbox but these cardboard ones are rigid so they don't. So now if my super doesn't happen to be at the mailbox when the mail arrives, I have to pick up all my games at the postal outlet instead of it always sitting in my mailbox.

So annoying.

Lexxism

Looks like Futureshop has switched from bubble envelopes to cardboard envelopes for mailing. Which is annoying since the bubble envelopes would fit in my mailbox but these cardboard ones are rigid so they don't. So now if my super doesn't happen to be at the mailbox when the mail arrives, I have to pick up all my games at the postal outlet instead of it always sitting in my mailbox.

So annoying.

Ah. No wonder I kept getting the cardboard and they just keep leaving the order outside :lol

Sora_N

So annoying.

I got my Sly today and it was a bubble envelope, they shipped yesterday. It was Bestbuy though. I hope they didn't actually switch to cardboard envelopes....

zroid

Banned
Yeah cardboard envelopes is what I've been getting for a couple months now.

I kind of like it because they don't fit in my personal bin in the community mailbox, so now they have to dump it in the parcel box. I get cheap thrills from seeing that key in my mailbox and opening the big one. :lol

Madouu

I prefer cardboard envelopes to be honest, I just received a book delivery (from thebookdepository) in a bubble-wrap and it was pretty damaged, clearly during the handling/shipping process.

So annoying.

Until FIFA 14 on the 24th of September I'm still receiving bubble envelopes, I'll see how they will pack Beyond: Two Souls!

Achtius

So annoying.

they also stop packing the receipt/purchase order with it either.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Toronto. But it doesn't matter where you live in Canada your beer selection isn't this good:
http://www.belmont-station.com/index.php?id=bottles

Wow, it's an enormous selection of American craft beer. Which is great, of course. But also not really all that useful for those of us who have other tastes.

I like fruity beers and ciders. Let me search. No Kronenbourg Blanc. No Tempt No 9 Strawberry/Lime cider. No Nickel Brook cider. No Growers. No Fruli. No St. Ambroise Apricot (although they do have the seasonal Pumpkin). Not ideal. It's pretty rare that I don't have three or four of these in the fridge.

Hell, let's just go with wide-spread lagers from around the world. No Red Stripe. No Tacate. No Sapporo. No Tiger. No Tsingtao. No Heineken. So if you're not a big beer person and you just want a daily driver lager, your options are limited.

LCBO stocks 1038 beers and 46 ciders, which by variety of volume is a comparable amount although obviously emphasis is different. Way less American craft beer, way more Canadian stuff obviously.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did it ever ship for you? I completely forgot about it and just noticed now that it released last week. My FS order never shipped either.
Not yet. I think it's supposed to come out today, which means Wednesday for niche games, so maybe it'll ship on Thursday... unless it truly is out of stock.

Same here. It's a pain, but oh well. Maybe the games were getting damaged or something.
So annoying.

Tiktaalik

/!\ Actual gaming deals /!\

BestBuy
ICO & Shadow Of The Colossus Collection is $10.
Buy Beyond: Two Souls, get Heavy Rain for $10.

Ramblin

Banned
Wow, it's an enormous selection of American craft beer. Which is great, of course. But also not really all that useful for those of us who have other tastes.

I like fruity beers and ciders. Let me search. No Kronenbourg Blanc. No Tempt No 9 Strawberry/Lime cider. No Nickel Brook cider. No Growers. No Fruli. No St. Ambroise Apricot (although they do have the seasonal Pumpkin). Not ideal. It's pretty rare that I don't have three or four of these in the fridge.

Hell, let's just go with wide-spread lagers from around the world. No Red Stripe. No Tacate. No Sapporo. No Tiger. No Tsingtao. No Heineken. So if you're not a big beer person and you just want a daily driver lager, your options are limited.

LCBO stocks 1038 beers and 46 ciders, which by variety of volume is a comparable amount although obviously emphasis is different. Way less American craft beer, way more Canadian stuff obviously.

That's funny. I just posted a link to a specialty bottle shop, you can find most of that stuff you listed in the grocery stores there minus the mundane Canadian stuff.
And the LCBO does not stock 1038 beers just because you seached for beer on their website, that listing includes the same beer numerous times for all the different sizes. And a lot of those products are discontinued, or not carried in abundance. Sure you might find a couple bottles in Summerhill or 2 Coopers....but things are better here than they were but still no comparison for a beer geek. Volo's okay, and the beer bistro isn't bad. I'm just bitter because I've lived in a place where a mom and pop grocery store had a better selection than the flagship LCBO.

Firestorm

Grabbed a pink 3DS for my cousin by price matching at Best Buy but wish I went to a further location where my friends were able to also get a black one so I could get it for my other friend :(

My Beyond came in a bubble mailer. Didn't realize it would have a steelbook case!

Razdek

Banned
I ordered Crimson Dragon as part of my three choices during the E3 promo from Futureshop but now that it's going to be a downloadable game can I get that replaced with a different game for my order? If not how are they planning to sell it to me?

Returners

What's the difference between EBGames' version of Beyond: Two Souls Special Edition vs. Futureshop's?

I have the FS version right in front of me, have not picked up the EBGames' preorder. The SKU seems to be the same, are there any additional codes?

frequency

I like bubble mailers more than the cardboard I think. I'm not sure the cardboard really offers much more protection plus it's a super tight fit so things like EOU get crushed by the pressure... though I guess it would be crushed in a bubble mailer too.

I guess I have no preference.

I got Beyond Two Souls by surprise today. I never got a shipping notification and when I check Future Shop website it says it shipped today (though I never got an email). But the tracking number says it shipped last week.

Not yet. I think it's supposed to come out today, which means Wednesday for niche games, so maybe it'll ship on Thursday... unless it truly is out of stock.

Weird. EBGames has been selling it since last week.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just realized that future shop dropped the price on my E3 preorders for Pokemon and Zelda? They only show pads 26.-, while SMT was 33. Previously they were all 33, so I believe they adjusted the prices of Zelda and Pokemon to represent the 40.- and not 50.- price point?

Awesome if so. I was afraid I'd lose out on most of the discount by FS not adjusting their pricing for already-made orders. Yay!

Top Bottom