• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

frequency

FS listed it as 10/08 for some reason? I have no idea. Hopefully it comes, or otherwise I will have to see if the EB still has copies.

It was listed as 10/01 at first but when that date came and they didn't get any, it changed to 10/08. Now 10/08 it appears they still didn't get any.

It makes me concerned about a bunch of other niche things I have preordered with them.

Deadly

Black Armor edition is an entirely new SKU I guess so they just cut Dark Souls 2 from their database.

Now my order is reading:

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition (PC)

Item Status: Pre-Order
Release Date: 03/11/2014
That's how it always was though. Strange that it is still in the order when we received an email saying it was cancelled. Their website doesn't list any PC versions either.

explodet

I just realized that future shop dropped the price on my E3 preorders for Pokemon and Zelda? They only show pads 26.-, while SMT was 33. Previously they were all 33, so I believe they adjusted the prices of Zelda and Pokemon to represent the 40.- and not 50.- price point?
My Pokemon orders were $26.66 for a long time, so it wasn't a recent thing. It's a good deal for them - I'm just concerned I won't see my copies until Tuesday thanks to the Saturday launch and the holiday Monday.

In other news, I just preordered Dark Souls II CE (PS3), was actually surprised there were copies left at my EB. If you're looking, they're floating around.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Black Armor edition is an entirely new SKU I guess so they just cut Dark Souls 2 from their database.

Now my order is reading:

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition (PC)

Item Status: Pre-Order
Release Date: 03/11/2014

My order has always (as far as I know) been listed as Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (PC). I figured they'd swap it over once they got the proper listing up.

I got the order cancelled e-mail, but nothing has changed on my order status page so far.

I don't think anyone in Canada has a PC version listed right now. Hopefully my "Dark Souls" pre-order sticks around on the order until they get a PC listing up.

Forgot about the holiday Monday. I'll grab one in store on Friday if it hasn't shipped early. I might not see my shipped copy until Wednesday otherwise.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
With the disappearance of the Dark Souls 2 PC pre-orders, what are the odds that they are going digital download only again on PC?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It was listed as 10/01 at first but when that date came and they didn't get any, it changed to 10/08. Now 10/08 it appears they still didn't get any.

It makes me concerned about a bunch of other niche things I have preordered with them.

This is the first time I've ever had an issue with them. Previously they couldn't ship them to Quebec because of the manuals, but just outright delays seems crazy...

Does anyone know who the Xseed people on GAF are? We could always just ask them.

zroid

Banned
I always seem to have issues with XSEED games from FS/BB. Last Story arrived 2 weeks late, and Pandora's Tower 1 week late.

frequency

This is the first time I've ever had an issue with them. Previously they couldn't ship them to Quebec because of the manuals, but just outright delays seems crazy...

Does anyone know who the Xseed people on GAF are? We could always just ask them.

I don't know if it means anything but Amazon.ca doesn't seem to have it either. EBGames.ca is the only place I can find it.

I always seem to have issues with XSEED games from FS/BB. Last Story arrived 2 weeks late, and Pandora's Tower 1 week late.

I don't mind if it's late. I'm in no rush. I just worry that they don't get it at all.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I saw the Vita pack with Call of Duty at a Shoppers today for $179.99. Is that the refutable price now? I do want a Vita and I think my dreams of onboard memory are a long way off.

What's the opinion on this pack?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Future Shop just charged me for Pokemon X/Y. Does this mean there's a chance they ship it before the weekend?!

Yes.

-checks self-

I GOT CHARGED TOO OH GOD SOMEBODY HOLD ME

So what are the chances that Future Shop will deliver Pokemon on Friday instead of making everyone wait till next Tuesday?

I got SMTIV a day before release from an FS pre-order. I live right next to the distribution center (aka it LEAVES the distribution center at 11pm the night before and I get it the next morning).

I just got charged, OH GOD I MIGHT GET IT ON FRIDAY. OH GOD. YES.

Sober

Pre-order Pokemon? Pfft, I'm just going to walk into a FS or BB on Saturday and buy it then and there. I doubt it'll be flying off the shelves that badly.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pre-order Pokemon? Pfft, I'm just going to walk into a FS or BB on Saturday and buy it then and there. I doubt it'll be flying off the shelves that badly.

E3 33% preorder discount, that's the only reason I did it.

Lexxism

Me too. FS charged my account. If this one will not make it on Friday, I will take the T1 deal of EBgames and get my copy early on Saturday.

edit: One big problem! I got the Y one. Damn, I should had pre-ordered both last June and then I will just return the other one.

Magnus

I don't want this Future Shop E3 Sale Beyond: Two Souls. But FS now ships games without receipts. How do I return this to a FS store? Show them my web receipt?

Smo21

Haven't gotten the futureshop email yet for pokemon. was hoping I'd get it before the weekend. I live very close to the shipment centre.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I don't want this Future Shop E3 Sale Beyond: Two Souls. But FS now ships games without receipts. How do I return this to a FS store? Show them my web receipt?
Go into the store and you can print out your receipt from your account. Here's what you're looking for.

Id5lO5k.png

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Futureshop will be giving out tshirts with Pokemon purchases. There's also a Trade 1 for Pokemon so hopefully I'll be able to trade Tales of Xillia and get an extra copy for dat shirt.

Firestorm

Oops. Apparently I chose my friend's address for Pokemon as I wasn't sure where I'd be living. Also I need to catch a Greyhound at 11:30AM so I likely wouldn't be early enough for the mail anyway :(

Well I just bought WWHD and Hyrule Hystoria digital codes together for $35 off someone, as well as price-matched Game & Wario successfully at FS to get it for a bit over $11 with tax and everything.

It was a good day.

The bad news? I had to delete stuff to make room, and Rayman Legends Challenge App was among the casualties, problem is it won't let me redownload it, it says it's unavailable, which makes no sense since it's been always possible to redownload anything you've downloaded, even if it's not on the store anymore.

I sent a shout out to Customer Service for help.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Well I just bought WWHD and Hyrule Hystoria digital codes together for $35 off someone, as well as price-matched Game & Wario successfully at FS to get it for a bit over $11 with tax and everything.
Wait, what?! Where?

Top Bottom