• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IQIYS9j.png

gg canada post
Same thing for me, what the fuck

Traded Luigi's Mansion for Pokemon X at BB, they were out of Y!

Also got another PS3 for my mobile gaming system at BB, 199$ tax in for a 250GB PS3, UC3 GOTY and 1 year of PS+ isn't that bad, I guess?

wingz

Got to Heartland FS around 10:30 in the morning to do the trade in. Got Y, with no problems, but they were out of t-shirts by the time I came, which sucks.

First Pokemon game since Red, interested to see how this game plays compared to the first game in the series.

zroid

Banned
Bah, no pins from BB or posters from EB. What's the point of pre-ordering?

I got a pin (didn't pre-order) but I actually had to ask for it. They clearly had no intention of giving them away unless people specifically requested one, as all the other people standing in line with me didn't get 'em.

Sora_N

I'm heavily thinking about it. found my 3d land box and mk7 box and a few others... but I haven't played or followed pokemon since yellow. And it's such a painful feeling parting ways with some great games. :(

Yeah I felt bad getting rid of 3D Land. I'm probably gonna buy another copy for $20 on craigslist whenever I see one.

I got a pin (didn't pre-order) but I actually had to ask for it. They clearly had no intention of giving them away unless people specifically requested one, as all the other people standing in line with me didn't get 'em.

They said they never got any in. Either they're telling the truth or they're keeping it for themselves.

Only played about an hour so far but as someone who's played every gen (except 3), it feels like a breath of fresh air. The near-instantaneous saving clinched it for me.

Proc

A clerk who cares makes a world of a difference. I got a pin without even knowing they existed. He just asked if I was interested and fished one out for me. I think the game is selling extremely well. Tried to give my business to be first but they were sold out. Went to bestbuy and walked out with the last copy of y. Clerk said he just got a call to reserve a copy of y too.

I got a question, do the online retailers like Future Shop, Best Buy or Amazon charge taxes based on the billing address or the shipping address if they are of different provinces.

Just ordered a Wii U 32GB Ziombi U Deluxe edition console (Zombi U, Nintendoland, and pro controller included) for $269.99. It is a "re-certified" console (refurbished) one, but that price can't be beat. At a regular price that's like 130 bucks in saving. Even if I go out and pick up wind waker for for full price, that's like paying $320 and getting Zombi U, Nintendoland, and the pro controler for 20 bucks.

Hope it works!

Darko

Just ordered a Wii U 32GB Ziombi U Deluxe edition console (Zombi U, Nintendoland, and pro controller included) for $269.99. It is a "re-certified" console (refurbished) one, but that price can't be beat. At a regular price that's like 130 bucks in saving. Even if I go out and pick up wind waker for for full price, that's like paying $320 and getting Zombi U, Nintendoland, and the pro controler for 20 bucks.

Hope it works!

saw the same bundle for 219 at futureshop open box..

i-Jest

Hope it works!

Pricematters.ca right? Let us know how it all works out. I'm considering going that route myself.

Pricematters.ca right? Let us know how it all works out. I'm considering going that route myself.

^^^^^ this

Yeah, when I ordered it it disappeared from the site, so I assume they get in very limited stock in for consoles at a time. I've had good experiences with MTF in the past and live a few blocks from one of the retailers (my only issue has been buying diablo 3, and returning it like 5 times only to learn that every copy in the store had a compromised CD key, but they refunded me). I was hesitant about shipping a console right to my door with so much potential for jiggling around in transport, so I've opted to have it shipped to the store directly - I figure the less handling the better. I'll put it through the gauntlet when it arrives on Wednesday and see how it holds up and let you guys know.

i-Jest

Yeah, when I ordered it it disappeared from the site, so I assume they get in very limited stock in for consoles at a time. I've had good experiences with MTF in the past and live a few blocks from one of the retailers (my only issue has been buying diablo 3, and returning it like 5 times only to learn that every copy in the store had a compromised CD key, but they refunded me). I was hesitant about shipping a console right to my door with so much potential for jiggling around in transport, so I've opted to have it shipped to the store directly - I figure the less handling the better. I'll put it through the gauntlet when it arrives on Wednesday and see how it holds up and let you guys know.

Looking forward to the report....

i-Jest

That would be a sweet find indeed. Which province?

A little off topic but it warrants attention.

I don't know if this is being addressed on other websites, let alone being brought to Nintendo's attention, but some dude on the forum claims that his 3DS is malfunctioning. His new physical copy of Pokemon X may have something to do with it. His 3DS keeps freezing and shutting off frequently. This began to happen only after he purchased the game. For those of us that pre-ordered, keep an eye on this thread for future reference.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=696607

isny

napkin dispenser
A little off topic but it warrants attention.

I don't know if this is being addressed on other websites, let alone being brought to Nintendo's attention, but some dude on the forum claims that his 3DS is malfunctioning. His new physical copy of Pokemon X may have something to do with it. His 3DS keeps freezing and shutting off frequently. This began to happen on after he purchased the game. For those of us that pre-ordered, keep an eye on this thread for future reference.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=696607

3DS games hve always randomly frozen on me. I always ensure to save often due to this. Luckily, so far with Pokemon, about seven hours in and no issues (however, Dream Team crashed frequently.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of which, BB has a sale on now and they also have Ys for preorder. I remember someone else here wanted to grab it on sale.

Of course, with this Rune Factory "fiasco", I wonder if they'll even get enough copies. :p

zroid

Banned
Speaking of which, BB has a sale on now and they also have Ys for preorder. I remember someone else here wanted to grab it on sale.

Of course, with this Rune Factory "fiasco", I wonder if they'll even get enough copies. :p

that was me...

i guess i might as well

hmm... LE or regular... dunno

Lexxism

Hmm. So the 10% off applies to almost all of the items in BB. You can get WWHD bundle + COD for $270. Not a bad deal I guess.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Decided to get it on eshop. Man oh man is there a whole shit ton to do in it. Feeling a bit overwhelmed and this is an OCD gamer's worst nightmare along with AC

What fiasco?

I've seen the game at EB in Toronto so it's not stock issues? Or is it?

Zajora

I'm surprised I haven't seen much mention in here of the Best Buy deal on the Wind Waker Wii U + Cod Blops 2 for $270 (10% off applied at checkout)

Also, I think you should be able to return COD BLOPS and get back the amount they're selling it at (since they say you can return items from bundles, but the amount you'll receive will be determined by the un-bundled price of each item) so really you could get a 32GB Deluxe Wii U + Wind Waker for $210.

Edit: Oh, was just posted a few posts above me!

I'm surprised I haven't seen much mention in here of the Best Buy deal on the Wind Waker Wii U + Cod Blops 2 for $270 (10% off applied at checkout)

Also, I think you should be able to return COD BLOPS and get back the amount they're selling it at (since they say you can return items from bundles, but the amount you'll receive will be determined by the un-bundled price of each item) so really you could get a 32GB Deluxe Wii U + Wind Waker for $210.

You sure that we can return it? 210 is crazy!

I wanted to wait till SSB, but it's probably the cheapest the console will ever be.

You know what; I'll go and get it, but will not open the box till the sale is over; and then if they accept to refund me for the BOps, then great, if not, I'll return the whole thing.

soultron

Banned
I'm not sure they'd allow you to return BLOPS2 since it's part of a bundle on the receipt, no?

FFS if this is possible I'm getting a WiiU this week.

making me start to regret my MTF purchase, but not really since it still include the pro controller for $50.00. Zelda is gonna be a sale item on boxing day for sure, 39.99 mark my words.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What fiasco?

I've seen the game at EB in Toronto so it's not stock issues? Or is it?
Just Futureshop/BestBuy not getting enough copies and no one knowing what's going on. Even Xseed has no idea.

Decided to get it on eshop. Man oh man is there a whole shit ton to do in it. Feeling a bit overwhelmed and this is an OCD gamer's worst nightmare along with AC
Gotta catch all the waifus, etc.

zroid

Banned

I don't understand this. Bundles are supposed to be cheaper than the sum of their parts. If they let you return each included item at its regular retail price, couldn't you potentially make a profit just from returning stuff? Why would any retailer let that happen?

If you want it just buy the blops 2 package and return just the system using your old receipt. I don't think Nintendo puts individual serial numbers on consoles anymore.

Did this today. Got the Wii U Zelda bundle + Black Ops 2 for 269.99. What a steal, I love this console. The box itself has a serial number, so I just swapped the second box's contents with the first box and claimed it as unopened at customer service. No problems.

Top Bottom