• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Mr. F

Banned
Hoping the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals this year will be decent...jonesing for a 3DS XL and/or Wii U but holding off for better prices.

Sora_N

*fist bump*

fist_bump_by_negitivex-d5vbrac.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Decided I was gonna go to Metro. There's AT LEAST 700/800 people here. Jesus christ. Noping the fuck right back home. Wasted about 90mins of my evening transiting, but w/e. No way I'd catch the last skytrain home.

Gonna just go to EB/Walmart near my apartment early tomorrow morning instead.

Sora_N

Decided I was gonna go to Metro. There's AT LEAST 700/800 people here. Jesus christ. Noping the fuck right back home. Wasted about 90mins of my evening transiting, but w/e. No way I'd catch the last skytrain home.

Gonna just go to EB/Walmart near my apartment early tomorrow morning instead.

Sorry :(

I'm glad I didn't go, gonna get up early and I won't really have to fight when I get to Best Buy. Not even gonna bother picking up my EB order. Will just cancel it later.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sorry :(

I'm glad I didn't go, gonna get up early and I won't really have to fight when I get to Best Buy. Not even gonna bother picking up my EB order. Will just cancel it later.

... why are you sorry? LOL. Simply because you're Canadian or... is there some actual reason?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I still don't understand why FS/BB took Tales of Xillia off the the trade list. Yes its on sale for $40 this week but there's so many other titles that retail for $40 and are even less used.

FutureShop said they couldn't process my order for Pokémon X, but I checked my bank statement, and they have already charged me.

Please don't toy with me like this. :/

Delivery date for Pokemon is the 15th for me from Futureshop. If I buy a copy at EB Games Saturday, can I return the Futureshop copy there on Tuesday?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
We walked in to one of the 24 hour Walmarts in Winnipeg tonight and got X & Y. I was surprised there was maybe 10-15 others there doing the same. Need to sleep now though.

Firestorm

Man saw pics of the line at Metro on Facebook for Pokemon and it looked insane. I woulda been caught up in that if I were home this weekend.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey, at least you guys are getting your game. Still no word if Rune Factory 4 even exists in their system now. :p
Xseed said they only bought enough to fulfill pre-orders, which is obviously not the case since there are people who are just backordered.

Hey, at least you guys are getting your game. Still no word if Rune Factory 4 even exists in their system now. :p
Xseed said they only bought enough to fulfill pre-orders, which is obviously not the case since there are people who are just backordered.

Ebgames looks like they still have a lot of RF4 copies... at least I got mine from them just this week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ebgames looks like they still have a lot of RF4 copies... at least I got mine from them just this week.
Yeah, I think I might just go in and grab it that way. I kind of wish they just said they sold out and aren't getting any more rather than this weird "we have it but maybe we don't" thing.

jokkir

Do you get something if you purchase Pokemon X/Y at BB? I know Futureshop you get a t-shirt. Also, is that pre-orders only?

KarmaCow

Do you get something if you purchase Pokemon X/Y at BB? I know Futureshop you get a t-shirt. Also, is that pre-orders only?

The flyer said something about a pin but it was annoying enough trading in a game for it that I didn't bother trying to ask about it.

Jessicat

I ordered Pokemon during the Futureshop E3 deal, but man it sucks I have to wait until Tuesday to receive my game :/
Same here. You're lucky though, estimated arrival date of my copy from FS is Wednesday -_-; At least I have RF4 which is totally keeping me occupied XD

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I ended up trading in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team for Pokemon X.

It all worked out I guess, because my Future Shop pre-order was for Pokemon Y, but after I saw the Charizard from Pokemon X I wanted to switch. I'm just going to return my FS order when it gets delivered.

jokkir

I ended up trading in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team for Pokemon X.

It all worked out I guess, because my Future Shop pre-order was for Pokemon Y, but after I saw the Charizard from Pokemon X I wanted to switch. I'm just going to return my FS order when it gets delivered.

Which location?

I like the colour pallet on Y Charizard but prefer the Dragon on X Charizard. I don't know what to do :'(

Yeah, I think I might just go in and grab it that way. I kind of wish they just said they sold out and aren't getting any more rather than this weird "we have it but maybe we don't" thing.

I guess it really just depends on whether or not you want it now or later. It might be that they'll get new shipments in a week or two...

I bought RF4 at a shop and when I asked (since it wasn't on display) the clerk told me they had 12 copies in the back so there's no rush....

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Which location?

I like the colour pallet on Y Charizard but prefer the Dragon on X Charizard. I don't know what to do :'(

I went to Heartland in Mississauga.

I was surprised you were able to reserve in store too. I did that as soon as I woke up at both Future Shop and Best Buy, I got a confirmation from both like 30 minutes later.

zroid

Banned
No. I don't think so. They rarely change their list unless something prompt them to do so. You will also get a t-shirt. Like this one!

wow THAT'S the FS t-shirt? Dang, kinda wish I went there instead of BB now. Probably wouldn't fit me though anyway...

DaBoss

No. I don't think so. They rarely change their list unless something prompt them to do so. You will also get a t-shirt. Like this one!
K, was worried since they put 3DS games on the list which means that they will likely get a lot of 3DS games for the trade.

L Thammy

Traded Mario Kart for Y. Told a friend of mine about the deal and now he's getting X. Thanks Lexxus.

EDIT: Oh, FS trades get shirts? I missed out.

Top Bottom