• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Going to go and pick up a copy of Pokemon X while I wait for my FS.ca copy to arrive. If I go first thing in the morning I may be out of place as a 35-year-old man waiting for Pokemon.

Can I borrow a kid?

Darko

Going to go and pick up a copy of Pokemon X while I wait for my FS.ca copy to arrive. If I go first thing in the morning I may be out of place as a 35-year-old man waiting for Pokemon.

Can I borrow a kid?

I have no shame.

If anyone asks its for my sister.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Can I borrow a kid?

Pokemon is for everyone, not just kids. Besides, most of these kids weren't even born when the very first Pokemon games came out so we're the real fans. Obligatory

tumblr_mgdcisTWA61rwnp75o1_500.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Walmart is open til 11pm. Why can't they just pretend it's an hour later? Especially given that it's 2am on the east coast and it's released in the eshop anyway...

ohlawd

So who went to the event? How was it?

I went.

It was in a tiny ass room with 50 people minimum. Hot as fuck. 2 guys were running the event and they'd give out Pokemon postcards and Fennekin hats every once in a while. They also demo'd the 2DS and went around so anyone who wanted to try it got a chance.

It's an ugly mofo for sure but when I held it, I had to hold back the tears. FELT SO GOOD. OH GOD IT FELT SO GOOD I NEVER FELT SO GOOD IN MY LIFE.

It was THAT good. My little bro had to pry the system out of my hands because I didn't want to part with it. It was like someone taking my candy away or whatever.

Other than that, they had a projector up that showed like 4 slides. Mega Charizard X (I've been on a blackout so I don't know anything about the game, mega evolutions wtf is that?), some trainer designs, the 2nd evo for the starters, forgot the 4th slide.

Some people cosplayed; mostly Pikachu, one wore a Jirachi costume and she looked really good. Most people had their 3DS out doing some Streetpass shit.

i-Jest

So who went to the event? How was it?

I went to the Toronto event.

Got my free Pokeball case, demo played X, and got some street passes here and there. I didn't stay for the entire event. Left around 5. Felt I saw and got everything I needed out of the event. No trading though. Kinda regret not getting some poke's. I didn't get the chance to hold the 2DS. Lineups for that thing were long. Don't mind though.

I went to the Toronto event.

Got my free Pokeball case, demo played X, and got some street passes here and there. I didn't stay for the entire event. Left around 5. Felt I saw and got everything I needed out of the event. No trading though. Kinda regret not getting some poke's. I didn't get the chance to hold the 2DS. Lineups for that thing were long. Don't mind though.

Was the case sealed in plastic? If anyone got one and don't want it, I'd like it. :) didn't have an outfit to dress up for the case anyway.

zroid

Banned
Got like 130 StreetPasses from the Toronto event. :p

They ran out of PokéBalls sadly, but I got a Chespin visor, a Xerneas embroidered patch, and a pretty Xerneas art postcard thing.

RE_Player

Just got an email from futureshop saying X and Y shipped. Checked the tracking information and it said they were delivered. I never received anything today...

Stage On

Just got an email from futureshop saying X and Y shipped. Checked the tracking information and it said they were delivered. I never received anything today...

Mine's say's it's in transit with an expected deliver date of 2013/10/16.

It better not actually take that long since it's just missisaga to oakville. Urg the price I pay to save $30 on getting both versions

Stupid failureshop.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm weak and can't wait.

I'm going to trade in M&L: Dream Team for Pokemon and just return my other copy once it's delivered.

Ondore

I was stuck at work until the last bit of the Halifax event, and they ran out of swag before I got there - but I still got a good number of tags (13 just at the event) and got to try the 2DS out.

One of my friends there got 55 different people tagged. I didn't know Fire Emblem had a 50 capacity, but he got 20 just for that alone. Doing the Mario and Luigi trade tomorrow morning at 9:30, then stalking the EB at Halifax Shopping Centre for tags from about 11am on + a Streetpass meet there.

jet1911

Mine's say's it's in transit with an expected deliver date of 2013/10/16.

It better not actually take that long since it's just missisaga to oakville. Urg the price I pay to save $30 on getting both versions

Stupid failureshop.

Here's mine...

sanstitre0loyr.png

It's was probably 20 minutes from where I live before being shipped back to Ontario lol

Shipment information received at originating facility doesn't mean it was sent back to Ontario

Probably was missing some info on your address or something that had to be checked?

Mine has no expected delivery date yet

Shipping-age hath returned

i-Jest

Was the case sealed in plastic? If anyone got one and don't want it, I'd like it. :) didn't have an outfit to dress up for the case anyway.

Twas sealed in plastic until i liberated it ;) I didn't dress up though. I was one of the first people in line to get one. Three hours of waiting in the sun was worth it for me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man...I guess I'll trade in Luigi for Pokemon

I haven't played one in a long time, and what I did play I enjoyed until Charizard got too strong for me to control.

Prick...

jokkir

Do you think Pokemon will be sold out everywhere tomorrow? I plan on trading in my M&L for it at the North York Centre FS location or the Best Buy Scarborough Town Centrelocation

I went to the Vancouver one. Huge line, I just stood there and Streetpassed, when we got in there were just a bunch of tables and staff handing out stuff for trivia answers. I just left when I ran out of Streetpasses.

Sora_N

Do you think Pokemon will be sold out everywhere tomorrow? I plan on trading in my M&L for it at the North York Centre FS location or the Best Buy Scarborough Town Centrelocation

I hope not, I'm gonna try to trade in 3D Land for Y. Will let me gf play it to see if she likes it, if she doesn't I'll keep it for when I want to replay the game (buying X for me).

Stay up late enough and reserve it in-store, when you go in to pick it up, do the trade

But what major releases sell out the first day anymore? We aren't in the 90's!

Sober

If you really worried (or have little time) go early. Most FS/BB open at 10am?

Either way I doubt it will sell out anytime soon.

Stay up late enough and reserve it in-store, when you go in to pick it up, do the trade

But what major releases sell out the first day anymore? We aren't in the 90's!

My local EB sells out all the fucking time. Last Of Us, Ni No Kuni, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, DmC, Dead Space 3, etc, etc were all sold out for at least a week if you didn't have a pre-order.

Top Bottom