• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Zajora

My guess is the bundle is its own SKU in their system at 300, so returning it is an all or nothing deal.

I believe you can return it individually, but I think I might have misinterpreted their return policy. I didn't really look into it too much, I just looked to make sure you could return items from a bundle individually. (That's what I get for investigating return policies at 1 AM!)

Best Buy said:
Free gifts, Included or Bonus Items, Bundles, and Fees
If you purchased an item as part of a bundle package, you may return that item separately. However, if you decide to break up that bundle by returning an item, the price of all items in the bundle reverts to what they would be if they were purchased individually. Therefore, you will receive a refund for the returned item that is less than the price you paid for it when you purchased it as part of a bundle.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it seems like that might mean that you wouldn't be able to get anything for the game, since it was basically discounted by $60, which would be deducted from the refund amount. Sorry to get anyone's hopes up! :(

I guess I'll maybe try selling it on Kijiji or something. I doubt BB has a very good trade in value for it.

zroid

Banned
Now that I'm thinking about it, it seems like that might mean that you wouldn't be able to get anything for the game, since it was basically discounted by $60, which would be deducted from the refund amount. Sorry to get anyone's hopes up! :(

ahhh so it reverts all the *other* items in the bundle, except for the one you're returning. That makes more sense. :p

Can someone recommend me a place to get a cheap HDMI monitor? (long end of $100-150) I want to play my Wii U on a TV but I don't actually have one of my own.

Luigi87

My Target started more video game clearance, including Super Mario Galaxy 2 (though not a noteworthy price yet). Skyward Sword is down to $25.

On the not-deal side, for a MSRP of $39.99, Target sells Puppeteer at $59.99 -_-

djblue89

I went to Target and they told me that they are not taking pre orders for the PS4, they don't know how many they are getting. You guys think that it would be a good place to go to? As in will they have at least a few?

My Target started more video game clearance, including Super Mario Galaxy 2 (though not a noteworthy price yet). Skyward Sword is down to $25.

On the not-deal side, for a MSRP of $39.99, Target sells Puppeteer at $59.99 -_-

SMG2 and SS are $20 at SDM. :)

Any more Wii U games on clearance aside from Game & Wario and ME3 for $12?

SMG2 and SS are $20 at SDM. :)

Any more Wii U games on clearance aside from Game & Wario and ME3 for $12?
Is it a limited time offer? After the failed Wii u plan, I may get SS; but don't have time to go there till later this week.

Can someone recommend me a place to get a cheap HDMI monitor? (long end of $100-150) I want to play my Wii U on a TV but I don't actually have one of my own.
I got a 23" lg monitor for 150; I'd say a tv at that price is definitely going to be a horrible one.

cube444

I'm surprised I haven't seen much mention in here of the Best Buy deal on the Wind Waker Wii U + Cod Blops 2 for $270 (10% off applied at checkout)

Also, I think you should be able to return COD BLOPS and get back the amount they're selling it at (since they say you can return items from bundles, but the amount you'll receive will be determined by the un-bundled price of each item) so really you could get a 32GB Deluxe Wii U + Wind Waker for $210.

Edit: Oh, was just posted a few posts above me!

How would you apply the 10%?

Zajora

How would you apply the 10%?
I didn't have to do anything. When I added the bundle to my cart, it showed up with a $-30 discount.

Actually, it looks like that might have been a Sunday only promotion. I just tried adding another bundle to the cart, and this time there wasn't a discount. :[

cube444

I didn't have to do anything. When I added the bundle to my cart, it showed up with a $-30 discount.

Actually, it looks like that might have been a Sunday only promotion. I just tried adding another bundle to the cart, and this time there wasn't a discount. :[

Ahhh...ok. :(

Yeah, that's what I did. Ends up being $430 tax-in or something like that. Cheaper than standard bundle.

EDIT: People on RFD are saying ebates is going to reject any cashbacks where promo codes OTHER than ebates promo codes were used on the purchase at shop.CA. That true?

I used a shop.ca code "RM25" or something like that 2 weeks ago. And my cashback has shown up as pending at ebates.ca, so I'm assuming I'm in the clear....

I'm not sure to be honest. I think anything other than SHOPEBATES = YMMV.

Hey guys, I'm leaving for Vancouver on Wednesday for 5 days. Any suggestions for local gaming/hobby shops to visit? I'm hoping to find import shops with some cool toys, figures or games to check out.

Thanks in advance.

Big Chungus

Anyone know if Nintendo will exchange my Wii U Gamepad if it's defective?

The left part of the gamepad seems kinda loose, like the top half and middle half are about to come apart.

jokkir

Anyone know if Nintendo will exchange my Wii U Gamepad if it's defective?

The left part of the gamepad seems kinda loose, like the top half and middle half are about to come apart.

Probably. Just check their website and if it's within the warranty period, chances are they would unless the problem was self caused.

Game and Wario for $12?

hmmm

can I use something to price match at FS?

Hit and miss, since they won't be on the flyer and there's barely a website.

You'll have to get lucky that 1. they call and confirm stock and price, or 2. just get an employee to do it without checking, I got REALLY lucky with the latter.

lupinko

Hey guys, I'm leaving for Vancouver on Wednesday for 5 days. Any suggestions for local gaming/hobby shops to visit? I'm hoping to find import shops with some cool toys, figures or games to check out.

Thanks in advance.

There's a bunch of anime toy stores, notably a bunch in Richmond and at Metrotown. I'd advise against import game shops since you're better off buying online.

zroid

Banned
Pokeymanz X/Y Strategy Guide from Amazon.

eff me I knew I wasn't crazy. It says the 16th here and it's half price at 11.50 instead of 22.

o nice... so they've lowered it to the amazon.com price then

I would definitely be onboard at $11.50. No question. Same price at Chapters, it seems, maybe I can get it shipped to store.

edit: done and done. shipping to a SmithBooks near my place by Oct 29. Hopefully sooner than that. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pokeymanz X/Y Strategy Guide from Amazon.

eff me I knew I wasn't crazy. It says the 16th here and it's half price at 11.50 instead of 22.
Hmm.. tempted to pick this up considering X/Y hype and all. Vague question I know but are these strategy guides usually worth it?

I can think of the type chart being useful, and if there's levelling-specific info, possibly being an asset while Bulbapedia and every Pokemon site gets hammered for the next few weeks.

Hmm.. tempted to pick this up considering X/Y hype and all. Vague question I know but are these strategy guides usually worth it?

I can think of the type chart being useful, and if there's levelling-specific info, possibly being an asset while Bulbapedia and every Pokemon site gets hammered for the next few weeks.

Bulbapedia and other sites are pretty bare since it's a worldwide release and everyone's probably plowing through the game right now. A guide would be helpful since the game won't be patched.

Personally I'm just taking my time and trying to experience everything spoiler-free.

Sora_N

All available items should ship on or near the publication date for Pokemon X & Pokemon Y: The Official Kalos Region Guidebook: The Official Pokemon Strategy Guide of October 22, 2013

Shipped to Chapters store, rather not pay shipping.

I cancelled my $16 order from them, not sure if I can still do that. Will refund if not.

EDIT: Anyone know what's the cheapest full body 3DSXL Skin/Protector? Everyone charges over $20 for them, freakin' annoying.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bulbapedia and other sites are pretty bare since it's a worldwide release and everyone's probably plowing through the game right now. A guide would be helpful since the game won't be patched.

Personally I'm just taking my time and trying to experience everything spoiler-free.
I'm mostly thinking of getting it for stuff like catch rates & locations, post-game content etc. since I'm a sucker for collecting rather than spoiling story stuff/battles. (I have no idea what the official guides for Pokemon games traditionally do/don't contain, since I've always used the internet).

Finally got my shipping notice from FS for Pokémon X. If I wasn't getting it for so cheap, I'd be a bit upset, but I can wait a few more days.

Luckily their shipping is usually pretty fast, so maybe even tomorrow??? (I hope.)

The guy at EB games told me there's going to be a BOGO 50% off on used games later this week. I haven't seen it listed any where else though so I'm not sure about the exact day.

Also they have Bioshock Infinite for $20 new.

I'm mostly thinking of getting it for stuff like catch rates & locations, post-game content etc. since I'm a sucker for collecting rather than spoiling story stuff/battles. (I have no idea what the official guides for Pokemon games traditionally do/don't contain, since I've always used the internet).

Oh that makes sense. I bet you could just wait until someone else buys it and puts all the info on the internet though.

The guy at EB games told me there's going to be a BOGO 50% off on used games later this week. I haven't seen it listed any where else though so I'm not sure about the exact day.

Also they have Bioshock Infinite for $20 new.

I believe it's only on games ending in. 95.

Top Bottom