• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Yeah, I've always wanted to try a Balance Board for Punch-Out and other games, but there is no way I'm dropping a huge sum of money on one, and those greasy footprints on the used ones on kijiji are pretty off-putting. I think the Wii Fit U bundle is going to be $90, and the Fit Meter does add extra value, but somehow I just can't see myself playing Wii Fit enough to justify that. If the trial manages to be any fun, maybe I'll spend the $20 for the Fit Meter and trial unlock though.

That's my plan too, I doubt I'll play it that much either!

How about trying ebgames? The guy told they have it for $25? You can get a 10% off using the edge card.

That's refurbished, right?
I assume they rubbed the footprints off before selling them lol

bwahahahahahaha FS

incidentally I had ordered both NSMB2 and 3D Land.
going to trade them for a $60 gift card now whoop

I ordered both games too, but they gave me an estimated delivery on Friday, the trade in offer should be expired by then :(
I ordered Project X Zone used from BB and got it today, turned out to be a limited edition, with poster, art book and a sealed soundtrack :) I'm even thinking about keeping it or maybe trading the game in without those extras lol , is it even a good game?

What if I already used the $25 offer for signing up? Am I still eligible for the $25 from paying with PayPal?

if you're buying enough stuff you might as well stack up the coupons and promos and refer a new account for your spouse or family member. then you get $25 for your account that's strings free and $25 for the new account that you can use on purchases $100 and above. the paypal one is good for any account on purchases $75 and up.

they put a whole video explaining the paypal promo too cause it was confusing as hell.

there's no confirmation screen after it says that you'll go to a confirmation screen... that's how i ended up getting a guitar the first time around a few pages back. didn't bother cancelling and kept it though since it only cost me about $30.

Lexxism

That's refurbished, right?
I assume they rubbed the footprints off before selling them lol

Yeah, used. I doubt you can even find a good deal of this since mostly the price is way overpriced.

I guess? I haven't checked the item yet since I'm planning to buy this on Friday to use the 10% off on used product using edge card and then another 10% off on claiming your pre-order(still can't pre-order wii fit meter in-store!).

Yeah, used. I doubt you can even find a good deal of this since mostly the price is way overpriced.

I guess? I haven't checked the item yet since I'm planning to buy this on Friday to use the 10% off on used product using edge card and then another 10% off on claiming your pre-order(still can't pre-order wii fit meter in-store!).

I'll check my EB and see, the Wii Fit U trial should be releasing in a few days I guess!

How long does it take to get DLC codes from Future Shop online? Waiting on my Ultimate Warrior code. It isn't in the box this year.

DenisQc

went to Costco (Terrebonne, QC) and grabbed Mario and Luigi RPG on 3DS for 24.97 :)

was at 34.97 for a long time, but new price it seems :)

paul187

I got it here in Toronto on Friday and played it all weekend. I almost always get my pre-orders on the day of release from FS. I got my shipping email on Thursday night.

I got it today. Which is weird since I also live in Toronto (Scarborough). Might have to do with it being the WiiU version. I usually get mine day of too.

Zing

Banned
I had the balance board and used it in a few games. I sold it off as part of the Wii Fit bundle. I couldn't justify keeping it when people were willing to pay me $100.

I received my Future Shop Wii Remotes.

10560902356_5b9b93a1ac.jpg

They aren't the newer Wii U branded packaging, but they are virtually identical to the current models. This is the best deal I have seen for Motion Plus remotes. Anyone looking for a little colour and needing remotes should grab them while they last.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=8e80f85a00076627fb21eea04d57f8d7en02
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=96b5f43aff8162918a1b8123d32b74eeen02

I have detected three minor differences between these and the Wii U "version". The clamp on the wrist strap says "Wii", while the newer one says "Nintendo". Also, on the rubber jacket where it covers the power button, it is just an empty circle. On the newer one, a power button and the word "power" is moulded in to the rubber. Finally, the sync button under the battery compartment now extends to the rear of the remote, so you can press without opening the battery.

Yort

Are there any stores that carry 3DS XL circle pad pros? I bought Monster Hunter when it was on sale, and I'm going to grab Revelaitons since it's currently on sale, so it seems like a good time to invest in the Frankenstick. Amazon just has pricey imports. I guess as a last resort I can order one from Nintendo's online store.

As a follow up, Revelations will won't fit on my 4 GB SD card. Any suggestions for a good SD card to use with my 3DS would be appreciated.

Are there any stores that carry 3DS XL circle pad pros? I bought Monster Hunter when it was on sale, and I'm going to grab Revelaitons since it's currently on sale, so it seems like a good time to invest in the Frankenstick. Amazon just has pricey imports. I guess as a last resort I can order one from Nintendo's online store.

As a follow up, Revelations will won't fit on my 4 GB SD card. Any suggestions for a good SD card to use with my 3DS would be appreciated.

I don't think that the Circle Pad Pro XL has been released in NA - Japan and Europe only...

As to an SD card, any will do in my experience. Faster cards cost more, but I haven't noticed any card speed related issues with mine, and I just use the cheapest I can find... ;)

ohlawd

great now I gotta cancel my Gamestop preorder for ToS HD.

Oh and uh holy crap FS delivered Sonic Lost World to me. On the same day it comes out. WOW. This is a first.

I got SLW and Batman AO sitting on the shelf, sealed. What to play, what to play..

EDIT: Oh wait, my bad, you said XL Circle Pad Pro. The one I linked to was the 3DS OG circle pad pro attachment.

I wish I could go back in time and change my Futureshop E3 pre-orders of COD: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 from XB1 to PS4. I had decided at the time that I would get my multiplayer goodness on XB1 because of LIVE. Knowing what we know now, I'm kind of regretting my choice.

I know that you can return online purchases to any Futureshop outlet, but I am thinking of trying to do an exchange given that both versions of both games are the same price. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance.

soultron

Banned
We already had that deal at E3.

But this one is in-store. :)

Plus, I feel like people have a better idea of/perspective on the games now, having seen more of them since E3.

I wish I could go back in time and change my Futureshop E3 pre-orders of COD: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 from XB1 to PS4. I had decided at the time that I would get my multiplayer goodness on XB1 because of LIVE. Knowing what we know now, I'm kind of regretting my choice.

I know that you can return online purchases to any Futureshop Store, but I am thinking of trying to do an exchange given that both versions of both games are the same price. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance.

Call them up and ask, I'm sure they'll do it.

I know that you can return online purchases to any Futureshop Store, but I am thinking of trying to do an exchange given that both versions of both games are the same price. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance.

I've seen a few people do this successfully and a whole lot of people strike out. Couldn't hurt to give FS a call and plead your case, and if that doesn't work, try to do the same in-store when your copy actually arrives ("I'm giving this as a gift to a friend but they got the OTHER console" would be a good excuse if they give you guff).

Returners

Only Nintendo web site sells 'em.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
If they ship on release, then I'm good.

PayPal promotion and ebates deal is still going I think. It's not too late to order.

Can the paypal deal be used more than once?

I think I'd still have to spend $75, and there isn't really anything else I want.

Call them up and ask, I'm sure they'll do it.

I've seen a few people do this successfully and a whole lot of people strike out. Couldn't hurt to give FS a call and plead your case, and if that doesn't work, try to do the same in-store when your copy actually arrives ("I'm giving this as a gift to a friend but they got the OTHER console" would be a good excuse if they give you guff).

Yep - I just called and it looks like it's ok to do. Makes sense since both versions are same price, same product more or less.

I made sure to get the salesperson's name just in case. Good tip on using the gift excuse on the off chance that they give me a hard time - thanks!

krae_man

But this one is in-store. :)

Plus, I feel like people have a better idea of/perspective on the games now, having seen more of them since E3.

Just cancel what you change your mind on. Also in my mailbox for $40 the day it launches > having to go to a Futureshop//BB/EB to buy it.

-Deimos

Can the paypal deal be used more than once?

I think I'd still have to spend $75, and there isn't really anything else I want.

Hm, that's a good question. Try asking support or maybe our resident Shop.ca employee infinityBCRT can give us some advice. I was also thinking about getting a few more games.

joedick

I know that you can return online purchases to any Futureshop outlet, but I am thinking of trying to do an exchange given that both versions of both games are the same price. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance.

Just wait til after Christmas and tell them Granny bought you the wrong version.

Eoyote

Neo Member

You'll have to go through Nintendo's part store if you want a 3DSXL Circle Pad.

Sheik

So tempted to buy something from shop.ca for that $50 off deal, but there's like nothing I want. If they had the Nexus 7 or better games I'd be all over it. Too bad. :/

Top Bottom