• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

iphys

I noticed even Chapters has the fit meters, so I assume Shoppers will probably carry them, especially since they've sold Wii Fit in the past.

Lexxism

I went to my local SDM and saw that they were already selling the Mario and Luigi WiiU bundle. Plus, they have the 20x event today. That's an easy 60k points worth as much as $110 on big redemption day.

krae_man

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your pre-order of Sony’s PlayStation 4 console. As you know this console is street-dated for Friday, November 15.

In order to deliver for street-date, we will begin authorizing and shipping pre-orders on Thursday November 14. Providing your payment information clears our authorization process, your order will ship on November 14.

If you pre-ordered using our Express Shipping service, your order is guaranteed to arrive on the first available delivery date in your area (Friday November 15 for most cities).

If you pre-ordered using our Standard, free-of-charge service, please note that your pre-order will still ship on Thursday, November 14, and will be delivered according to our shippers' ground shipping rules. Customers who pre-ordered using ground shipping can expect to see their orders arrive according to standard delivery times in your area.

If you would like to guarantee your order's delivery for the earliest delivery date available in your area, you can still contact us to upgrade your order's shipping service.

A charge of $16.49 (Plus applicable taxes) will be applied to orders consisting of a single console, and charge of $20.99 (Plus applicable taxes) will be applied to orders containing a PS4 bundled console.

To change your shipping service level, please contact: canadaecomm@ebgames.ca by Thursday November 7 at 11:59 PM EST. Please include your name and order number.

Thank you in advance,

The EB Games Team

What a pile of baloney. I live an hour away from Mississauga so I'll probably be fine but "pay extra or you're going to get it Monday" is bullshit.

On my cell but I wanted to pass along a couple of things.

EB has their midnight/early morning ps4 release schedule up.

FS has a QA on their Facebook page that states everyone who preordered their xbone/ps4 will be getting their console at launch.

Sorry for the lack of links.

On my cell but I wanted to pass along a couple of things.

EB has their midnight/early morning ps4 release schedule up.

FS has a QA on their Facebook page that states everyone who preordered their xbone/ps4 will be getting their console at launch.

Sorry for the lack of links.

Any idea when the online orders would ship for FS/BB?

zroid

Banned
Tales of Symphonia LE up at EB. My wallet. :( Really want this one though.

Man I've played that game so many times... dunno if I want to again. I'm guessing it's based on the PS2 version? Did they add any content to it over the original?

UberTag

I went to my local SDM and saw that they were already selling the Mario and Luigi WiiU bundle. Plus, they have the 20x event today. That's an easy 60k points worth as much as $110 on big redemption day.
Me, less than one hour ago:

<quickly does math>

So what you're saying is I can go to Shoppers down the street right now and get a Wii U with NSMBU and Super Luigi U for the net equivalent of $189 when I factor in Optimum points rewards?

That's it! That's my price! Fuck buying a PS4! Sony took away my media streaming. They can sweat a bit. I'll use my pre-order deposit to buy Super Mario 3D World.

<signs up for Optimum rewards, prints out a 20x coupon and a temp card>

Let's get this shit done!

<returns 30 minutes later... with hand soap>

So yeah, they didn't have the new bundle. I guess I can wait two more weeks. Oh look, the EB I pre-ordered my PS4 at is opening up at midnight. That should be fun.

Hmm, does Pharmaprix in Quebec have video games like SDM does in other provinces? This Optimum thing seems interesting. It never occurred to me that a drug store would carry games...

Sora_N

Man I've played that game so many times... dunno if I want to again. I'm guessing it's based on the PS2 version? Did they add any content to it over the original?

Doesn't really say if the PS2 one includes new content, might just be a plain port. The chronicles release is from the PS2 version though.

This package includes the Wii game as well though.

I never finished the GC version so pretty good deal for me.

EDIT:

Best Buy has the bonus treasure chest from the new 3DS Zelda...ugh do want.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=f4fc60f69a2ad18d6bc8ab8027822d99en02

iphys

Hmm, does Pharmaprix in Quebec have video games like SDM does in other provinces? This Optimum thing seems interesting. It never occurred to me that a drug store would carry games...

Yeah, pretty sure I've seen them in the Pharmaprix flyers with slightly weird prices on systems: do they have environmental fees added in to the price on consoles there?

Me, less than one hour ago:

<quickly does math>

So what you're saying is I can go to Shoppers down the street right now and get a Wii U with NSMBU and Super Luigi U for the net equivalent of $189 when I factor in Optimum points rewards?

That's it! That's my price! Fuck buying a PS4! Sony took away my media streaming. They can sweat a bit. I'll use my pre-order deposit to buy Super Mario 3D World.

<signs up for Optimum rewards, prints out a 20x coupon and a temp card>

Let's get this shit done!

<returns 30 minutes later... with hand soap>

So yeah, they didn't have the new bundle. I guess I can wait two more weeks. Oh look, the EB I pre-ordered my PS4 at is opening up at midnight. That should be fun.

lol that's an entertaining short story :D
By the way, how did Sony take away media streaming? :)

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, some carry games, but don't expect a huge selection.

Still, I was glad yo get my WiiU there 1 week after launch for almost $100 off...!

Honestly, I think anyone who ordered a PS4 or Xbone online (me included) probably shouldn't expect to get it until the following Monday because as we all know, Canada Post is the worst postal service on earth.

Future Shop has not been sending me codes for anything. No Ultimate Warrior code for WWE2k14 and no Destiny beta code. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent them an email tonight.

Jagxyz

Honestly, I think anyone who ordered a PS4 or Xbone online (me included) probably shouldn't expect to get it until the following Monday because as we all know, Canada Post is the worst postal service on earth.

It depends on where you live, if you're near a distribution center, CP is usually pretty decent for launch day delivery / fast shipping.

Though it's pretty BS that they sometimes don't even bother to knock and just leave the "sorry we couldn't deliver, go to your nearest canada post blah blah fuck you" note.

Zing

Banned
I disagree strongly. For example, just this weekend I ordered something from Futureshop. It arrived within a day despite it being shipped regular parcel.

I have shipped and received literally over 100 items in just a few years with no trouble other than an occasional mistake from the neighbourhood postal delivery person. The only complaint I could levy against CP is the cost.

Savitar

I disagree strongly. For example, just this weekend I ordered something from Futureshop. It arrived within a day despite it being shipped regular parcel.

I have shipped and received literally over 100 items in just a few years with no trouble other than an occasional mistake from the neighbourhood postal delivery person. The only complaint I could levy against CP is the cost.

Canada Post is very slow, unless your near a major city or a center that does the mail it takes me days to get something. But I'm in a more remote place, you basically would have to get it send priority to get anything within three days. A day or two? Not going to happen sadly. Regular mail? A week plus at least.

I mentioned it in another thread but anyone hear about any stores up in our lil country that plan to sell games like Killzone etc early? I can't believe some dealers and online places like amazon.ca would wait almost two weeks if a place like Gamestop is already selling things.

EB said clearly that if you pay for express shipping which is like 16$ iirc then you get it Friday Nov 15th, if you go with normal shipping then it depends on where you live!

Cactus

Banned
I just realized that the Pikachu 3DS is selling for $350-400 CIB on eBay.

I think I'll sell mine and pre-order the Zelda XL.

i-Jest

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a decent video card on shop.ca I could buy to take advantage of the $50 off? I need to upgrade mine, but I know nothing about these... I don't feel like paying a lot more than $150...

Can we compile a list of Shoppers Drug Marts in Toronto (or Canada) with ratings/explanations of their game and console stock (or stocking habits)?

Name the location, the city, the rating, and what they carry...

I'll start:

Kennedy/Lawrence (Toronto): 1/4 --> a few old Wii titles; bargain bin full of 360/PS3 titles; no new releases
Eglinton Square (Toronto): 3/4 --> Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS/DS, Vita titles; accessories; consoles (360, Wii U); independent stand for Microsoft; few new releases
O'Connor/Woodbine: 3/4 --> Wii U and Wii tiles, bargain bin full of 360/PS3 titles; accessories; consoles (360, Wii U); independent stand for Microsoft; few new releases
Bayview Village: 0/4 --> no video games
Eaton Centre: 0/4 --> no video games

soultron

Banned
Can we compile a list of Shoppers Drug Marts in Toronto (or Canada) with ratings/explanations of their game and console stock (or stocking habits)?

Name the location, the city, the rating, and what they carry...

I'll start:

Kennedy/Lawrence (Toronto): 1/4 --> a few old Wii titles; bargain bin full of 360/PS3 titles; no new releases
Eglinton Square (Toronto): 3/4 --> Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS/DS, Vita titles; accessories; consoles (360, Wii U); independent stand for Microsoft; few new releases
O'Connor/Woodbine: 3/4 --> Wii U and Wii tiles, bargain bin full of 360/PS3 titles; accessories; consoles (360, Wii U); independent stand for Microsoft; few new releases
Bayview Village: 0/4 --> no video games
Coxwell/Danforth: 3/4 --> Wii, 360, 3DS/DS games; 3DS/DS, WiiU consoles. Bargain bin of DS/360/Wii titles for $20. (Few consoles, selection seems to be tapering off over past few months. Good place to get a 3DS console. Few new release games, again seems to be slowing in past months.)

Top of the page SDM reviews:

Kennedy/Lawrence (Toronto): 1/4 --> a few old Wii titles; bargain bin full of 360/PS3 titles; no new releases&#8232;
Eglinton Square (Toronto): 3/4 --> Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS/DS, Vita titles; accessories; consoles (360, Wii U); independent stand for Microsoft; few new releases&#8232;
O'Connor/Woodbine: 3/4 --> Wii U and Wii tiles, bargain bin full of 360/PS3 titles; accessories; consoles (360, Wii U); independent stand for Microsoft; few new releases&#8232;
Bayview Village: 0/4 --> no video games&#8232;
Coxwell/Danforth: 3/4 --> Wii, 360, 3DS/DS games; 3DS/DS, WiiU consoles. Bargain bin of DS/360/Wii titles for $20. (Few consoles, selection seems to be tapering off over past few months. Good place to get a 3DS console. Few new release games, again seems to be slowing in past months.)

i-Jest

Another not-deal, but...

Why does Amazon.ca have Launch Edition PlayStation 4's up again, while the Standard Edition is sold out? I guess this will be good for people who still haven't preordered?

What are the differences between the standard and launch editions? Does one have more accessories than the other or is it just release/shipping date? I preordered from EB when they reopened preorders after the first batch. Doubt I'll get mine at launch (not a concern though).

Top Bottom