• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Firestorm

Got the rest of my used games from FS.

These were all heatgunned too much and the plastic got all crinkled, and Pokemon Rumble Blast has a huge hole punched through the front.

I'll probably return Rumble Blast. Kind of disappointed because I was looking forward to that one.
I might be holding a local tournament for Pokemon XY in the next two months and plan to use a new sealed Rumble Blast as a prize if you wanna win it ;D

I have a question with my Nexus 5 order I placed today. I placed my order with different shipping than my building address. I made an error on my shipping address, building number and postal code is all correct but I typed the street name wrong.

Do you guys suggest that I cancel my order and try to place it again? I called Customer Service and they said they can't change my shipping address and I will have to cancel my current order and replace it.

If they deliver it by postal code, I should get it right, however if it goes by street name, might be delivered to the wrong address. What do you guys suggest?

EDIT: My device ships Nov 5th, if I can get my hands on again, it won't be till the end of the month or December :(

krae_man

Thanks. Customs fees scare me tbh, may I know how much customs you ended up paying?

It's the applicable sales tax in your province and a handling fee which I think is $7 now. However, if you just do normal mail there is a chance the package slips through customs with no fees(especially if it's something small). However, play-asia stuff seems to have a low success rate of slipping through customs unnoticed.

I have a question with my Nexus 5 order I placed today. I placed my order with different shipping than my building address. I made an error on my shipping address, building number and postal code is all correct but I typed the street name wrong.

Do you guys suggest that I cancel my order and try to place it again? I called Customer Service and they said they can't change my shipping address and I will have to cancel my current order and replace it.

If they deliver it by postal code, I should get it right, however if it goes by street name, might be delivered to the wrong address. What do you guys suggest?

EDIT: My device ships Nov 5th, if I can get my hands on again, it won't be till the end of the month or December :(

Honestly, I don't think you'll get it. Postal code determines which truck/airplane etc it goes in, not which mailbox. It will probably get in the hands of the right mail man, but once he looks at it and sees that address, he'll probably flag it as an incorrect address and return to sender.

soultron

Banned
Bought an open box Vita (original WiFi SKU, no memory card or game packed in) today for 143+tax. Pretty bangin' deal since the system was basically mint. Grabbed 3 months PS+ and an 8GB memory card for regular price "guilt free" because of my "savings."

Quote my post for more if you're interested. Don't want RFD to see.

Fuck SDM and their lack of Vita consoles as of late. I just wanted the damn console so I said screw waiting for a 20x event.

UberTag

Thanks. Customs fees scare me tbh, may I know how much customs you ended up paying?
Was in the ballpark of $20... which is kind of a shame because the actual FedEx shipping was comparably affordable for how quick the card was delivered.

It's the applicable sales tax in your province and a handling fee which I think is $7 now. However, if you just do normal mail there is a chance the package slips through customs with no fees(especially if it's something small). However, play-asia stuff seems to have a low success rate of slipping through customs unnoticed.

Honestly, I don't think you'll get it. Postal code determines which truck/airplane etc it goes in, not which mailbox. It will probably get in the hands of the right mail man, but once he looks at it and sees that address, he'll probably flag it as an incorrect address and return to sender.

Ah! How about if I call the postal service used after I get a tracking, would that work?

Biggest deal of the year you guys, South Park Yahtzee is now $9.99.
Haven't played Yahtzee my entire life, is it fun and easy to learn?

Bought an open box Vita (original WiFi SKU, no memory card or game packed in) today for 143+tax. Pretty bangin' deal since the system was basically mint. Grabbed 3 months PS+ and an 8GB memory card for regular price "guilt free" because of my "savings."

Quote my post for more if you're interested. Don't want RFD to see.

Thanks for the heads up, I'd love to buy a White one probably the liberation bundle since it's the only white one, I don't wanna buy the new LCD one!
I have one offer of a used one with 16gb memory card and liberation game, supposedly excellent condition for 170$
Do you guys think I should bite on that or look for those open box units?

Ah! How about if I call the postal service used after I get a tracking, would that work?
Usually postal service won't take any instructions from you, only from the shipper!
I can't believe google are so dump they can't change the shipping address!!! Really annoying!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just wondering if anyone has experience with NCIX?

If you order something online and it is defective, can you go to a store and exchange it or do you need to mail it back?

Usually postal service won't take any instructions from you, only from the shipper!
I can't believe google are so dump they can't change the shipping address!!! Really annoying!

Yeah how hard is it to change the shipping address for an order that is still "Pending" and yet to be shipped? Such horse shit.

soultron

Banned
Thanks for the heads up, I'd love to buy a White one probably the liberation bundle since it's the only white one, I don't wanna buy the new LCD one!
I have one offer of a used one with 16gb memory card and liberation game, supposedly excellent condition for 170$
Do you guys think I should bite on that or look for those open box units?
16 GB memory card goes for $40 new, so I'd say that's a good deal, yeah.

So the giant xbox one in Vancouver thing unlocked its first stage, was some kind of Dead Rising 3 zombie event I guess?

8da715b3-c276-4f29-8444-74d884b02b74.jpg

Cheerilee

Just wondering if anyone has experience with NCIX?

If you order something online and it is defective, can you go to a store and exchange it or do you need to mail it back?

I'm pretty sure you can buy something at any branch (or online), and return it at any other branch.

You should probably check their online stock checker to see if the branch you're returning it to has stock. If they have stock, an exchange is apparently preferable to both of you. If they don't, you'll have to settle for a return.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm pretty sure you can buy something at any branch (or online), and return it at any other branch.

You should probably check their online stock checker to see if the branch you're returning it to has stock. If they have stock, an exchange is apparently preferable to both of you. If they don't, you'll have to settle for a return.
Ah, that's cool. I assume i even if it is a defective product, you have to pay for shipping if you want to return it to NCIX.ca itself?

Go figure my first Seagate HDD in a while and it is DOA.

Anyone order a PS4 from Amazon.ca? What kind of shipping did you guys chose and when is your estimated delivery?

I've got Priority ($12.48) and my estimate is Nov 18-19 to Edmonton, AB.

Skwerl

Hey GAF, I ordered my 3ds XL from pricematters.ca,
I received the 3ds xl full of scratches and it wont even turn on.
The store told me to return it for refund, which I did, but today I received an e-mail where they claim I am responsible for all of the damages done and they will not refund me anything. Is there anything I can do on my end? (p.s. I did pay with paypal)

the email that I received
I just wanted to let you know that we rec'd back the Nintendo3DSxl which you purchased from us and then returned claiming that it does not work. Unfortuanantly as the Manager of this dep't I am not able to refund you the price of the console because the unit that you returned does not appear to be the unit we sold you. The unit you returned to us appears to have been heavily used with the a lot of scrartches on the screen. the stylus has been chewed on, the serial number of the unit you sent to us does not match the number of the one we sent you, the seriel # has been ripped off the box (which we wouldnt have sold you like that) as well you left your SD card in it with some video footage of your family. I have attached some photos for you to see what I am speaking about.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

DJ_Lae

File a dispute through Paypal? I dunno.

Sounds shady as hell, though, I especially love their manager's atrocious spelling.

A quick peek online suggests that most of their stock is refurbished or recertified product.

The store told me to return it for refund, which I did, but today I received an e-mail where they claim I am responsible for all of the damages done and they will not refund me anything. Is there anything I can do on my end? (p.s. I did pay with paypal)

Sorry about that! This really sucks!
Paypal is the way to go trying to get your money back!
How about those pictures are they really yours? Cause they might use them against you!

Madouu

Hmm if it won't turn on I guess the photos are somebody's else? Anyway, sounds shady as hell, paypal dispute is probably the best way to go.

You could also respond to the email that manager sent you to specify the photo aren't yours and stress the fact that you received the console in that damaged state. Anything that can be used as a proof would be good too (photos, invoices, anything related to shipment). Also anything related to this particular website would be helpful, there might be some people here that have used it previously and that could help you.

jmoe316

Anyone order a PS4 from Amazon.ca? What kind of shipping did you guys chose and when is your estimated delivery?

Sam thing here (Regina, SK). I've read some posts that claim Amazon will ship on Friday and that is why the estimate is for Nov 18-19. Hopefully they will take a cue from Futureshop and ship when they get them in the warehouse (no later than the Thursday) so that there is hope for some people to get them on Friday November 15.

They have a PS4 with 6 demos at the Sony Store in Montreal's Eaton Centre. The demos are Pinball Arcade, Super Motherload, Knack, FIFA, Octodad and Contrast. I expected a big line-up, but surprisingly, there was one guy playing and nobody else in line. The console as itself, is very small. It's incredible!

He was playing (FIFA). The game runs very smooth, but I haven't had a "Wow! That's next-gen!" feeling. When he left, the Sony rep rebooted the console and warned me the PS4's UI I was seeing is not the final one.

I tried the Knack demo first. The framerate was a little sluggish and there was a lot aliasing on screen. The gameplay is very simple. Square for punch, X for jumping. There was a stealth segment in the demo where pressing Triangle switches between stealth form and battle form. When collecting stuff around, I could hear the sound effect coming out of the controller's built-in speaker. Overall, the game felt a little boring.

The other games were not appealing to me, but I did try Contrast before leaving the store. The game has a nice art style, but the gameplay left me without any clue about what I was required to do. There was some light on walls I had to cast my shadow form on, but... well, that's it.

That's about it for me. This was a little disappointing, but I wasn't going to cancel my pre-order based on what I saw today.

Does anyone know if any Canadian retailer has the Wii Fit Meter in stock in store? I thought I'd skip the pre-order this time and just pick one up today after work, but it seems as though they might be hard to find.

Krammy

As others have said, Amazon.ca estimates that it won't arrive to you until the week after because it's getting shipped on release. I'm currently deciding if I want to go with Priority shipping for $45, and hope that it ships out earlier, or just go with free shipping and get it the next week anyway. Kind of shitty that Amazon's putting myself (and others) in this position. I just want to be on that Day 1 hype, dammit!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
As others have said, Amazon.ca estimates that it won't arrive to you until the week after because it's getting shipped on release. I'm currently deciding if I want to go with Priority shipping for $45, and hope that it ships out earlier, or just go with free shipping and get it the next week anyway. Kind of shitty that Amazon's putting myself (and others) in this position. I just want to be on that Day 1 hype, dammit!
Then you should line up at a store. I really doubt any Amazon.ca orders will arrive on launch day.

I've got Prime shipping on mine and I have the same dates as you. I'll most likely be cancelling it though as I placed it as a fallback in case my EBGames pre order doesn't pan out for day one.

Dazzler

I'm in Vancouver so I should receive my PS4 on launch day (as long as FS ship on the Thursday)

I'm taking the day off and sitting beside my door. Not a chance in hell the postal worker is getting away with leaving a slip in this case

Bruiserk

I dont know. I talked to an amazon.ca rep and she said they will ship out ps4's by the release date. So I guess that means either before or on Friday. She could have been wrong, though.

NYR

Pay with a credit card? Your card company can help with a refund or warranty help.

zroid

Banned
I dont know. I talked to an amazon.ca rep and she said they will ship out ps4's by the release date. So I guess that means either before or on Friday. She could have been wrong, though.

well i think it goes without saying that they will ship it out by friday. not that that helps people who don't want to wait through the weekend.

My Batman Origins Blackgate still hasn't shipped from FS despite it being in stock. This never happened before with FS. I don't even want it that much but having an order being in limbo like that is annoying

Savitar

I don't trust stores like Best Buy or Future Shop to order from. I've heard horror stories from people who pre ordered only to get the shaft.

I'm sure most of the time it's good results but call me paranoid.

Top Bottom