• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

zroid

Banned
Just checked Shoppers, and they had $100 FS cards, so I think what I'm going to do is 2 transactions of a $100 FS and $50 Shoppers gift card, and then use the FS cards towards my Zelda XL. That should get me 17,000 points, which are worth $40 on a good day.

Didja see a Wii Fit Meter by any chance?

iphys

I looked for the Fit Meter at Shoppers, but didn't see it, but they're usually a bit slow putting new arrivals out at that store, so it doesn't mean much that they didn't have it.

Napophis

I took advantage of that deal that was going on at futureshop during E3, the one where you buy 3 games and they'll knock off $20 off each... anyhow i went and pre-ordered Knack, Killzone and Watch Dogs.

Today i went and checked my order cause they sent me an email that only showed Watch Dogs. On the site however it shows all 3 games but it says Knack is sold out. Has anyone actually received it? Didn't realize they were already shipping the game...

I took advantage of that deal that was going on at futureshop during E3, the one where you buy 3 games and they'll knock off $20 off each... anyhow i went and pre-ordered Knack, Killzone and Watch Dogs.

Today i went and checked my order cause they sent me an email that only showed Watch Dogs. On the site however it shows all 3 games but it says Knack is sold out. Has anyone actually received it? Didn't realize they were already shipping the game...

I think we shouldn't worry, I have the exact same situation, but I wouldn't really worry about game going out of stock, it's only consoles and accessories you need to secure before the first patch is gone!

FrsDvl

Pretty sure it shows as sold out cause they had release date set at October 24th and didn't actually got the game in by then. So rather than changing the date they just put it as out of stock.

Pretty sure it shows as sold out cause they had release date set at October 24th and didn't actually got the game in by then. So rather than changing the date they just put it as out of stock.

My COD Ghosts PS4 copy shipped by FS but they didn't ship Knack even though it's already being sold by EB!

For anyone who has their PS4 preorder at EB games in-store, quote this post for a little piece of advice, not a big deal though lol

I just upgraded my EDGE card to platinum for 15$ and it gave me 10$ extra credit coupon for any trade in, so I just took a useless copy of Wii Sports and got the extra 10$ so basically it deducts the biggest part of what you paid for the upgrade, the best part is you get front of the line priority at launch events so that when you go midnight to pick your PS4 up you don't really need to line up early, they told me they will just call for anyone with a platinum card and put them in front of the line :D plus with that edge card you get some decent discounts especially on used stuff!

Sorry if I got you excited but if RFD got the card it will be useless lol

Returners

Resident Revelations HD for 17 at Target. PS3.

Anyone doing the disc upgrade thing for CoD Ghosts? I conflicted at which version to get.

Oneself

Yeah, I wonder why they don't send it yet.. I got mine last week from FS, reserved it as soon as it reappeared online. Looks like they get some copies every wednesday. My Killzone and NFS were pre-ordered using that same promo and it says they'll be shipped on Nov 12... I guess Knack will be sent on that day too.

Seik

Banned
''Order shipped''

Good, can't wait to see the conditions of used games with FS. Hope everything will be alright.

Anth0ny

''Order shipped''

Good, can't wait to see the conditions of used games with FS. Hope everything will be alright.

I got 3 games from the last 50% off thing, and everything was complete, discs were damn near mint condition with no scratches, only issue was the boxes themselves seemed like they were left in the sun to fry, and were a bit wrinkled as a result.

Overall... worth if for those ridiculously low prices.

Seik

Banned
I got 3 games from the last 50% off thing, and everything was complete, discs were damn near mint condition with no scratches, only issue was the boxes themselves seemed like they were left in the sun to fry, and were a bit wrinkled as a result.

Perfect then! That's what I want! Hope the boxes won't be too wrinkled though I could manage to switch them if absolutely needed.

Condition will probably be ok. The stickers are what you should be worried about. :(

My lighter fuel is ready!

Now, I'm tempted to buy Deus Ex and Ghost for the Wii U with this 10% off....D:

Condition will probably be ok. The stickers are what you should be worried about. :(

It's an annoying job but I used Goo Gone to remove the glue and they looked perfect afterwards :) You have to peel the outer layer of the sticker first though!
Took me about 5-7 minutes per game then you get yourself a mint condition game for a great price ;)

Parapraxis

So weird, Best Buy sent me my 1st of 5 games I ordered, and it too is mint aside from the thin plastic on the front of the case being wrinkled.
Maybe it's from people being lazy with the heat-gun when applying their "reseal" plastic wrap?

Conceptor

Probably super late by now.. but those Cadbury chocolates people abused for Optimum points at SDM are $0.99 apiece. My store was cleared out haha

isny

napkin dispenser
So I'm in the library at my school and I'm pretty sure a group of girls walked behind me and saw me looking at these hot deals. ;___;

My girl actually asked me to look through some of those hot deals...dunno why you think all girls would take offence to that stuff =p

keakster

Didja see a Wii Fit Meter by any chance?

I looked for the Fit Meter at Shoppers, but didn't see it, but they're usually a bit slow putting new arrivals out at that store, so it doesn't mean much that they didn't have it.

The Shoppers around me (Toronto East end) are horrible at this. They haven't got any new releases since before the summer. Still only stocking Wii U launch games and I think Paper Mario is the newest 3DS game they have. Hopefully they stock up for the holidays. I have a ton of optimum points saved up in case they get a shipment of PS4s but I haven't seen any promos indicating so yet.

Takuan

Does anyone in Toronto who pre-ordered NBA2K14 during the E3 sales not want their preorder? I will gladly take it off his or her hands, if so. Kicking myself for not doing it.

Futureshop locations will have 25 consoles at launch for people without pre-orders at 8am

A handful will open at midnight and have at least 100 or 250 consoles not reserved

Good luck

AzerPhire

Just going to throw this out there for anyone interested in Knack on PS4.

EB Games has a $20 off coupon they are giving out at Sony events in the GTA. Just give the staff at your store the code EBC3003654 and the game will ring up at $39.99. The coupon expires January 2 so lots of time to take advantage of it.

bryehn

Anyone dealt with Microsoft Store before for a preorder? I'm wondering how far in advance they'll ship out my Xbone so I can make sure to have the funds on my CC.

Dazzler

For anyone that hasn't seen yet, Future Shop and Best Buy have posted which stores will open at midnight for the PS4. The rest will open at 8AM.

I'll be at Robson in Vancouver at midnight to pick up my preorder!

last time I went to a midnight launch there a car full of Persian guys repeatedly drove up and down Robson calling everyone f*ggots while they filmed it on their camera phones

good times

soultron

Banned
last time I went to a midnight launch there a car full of Persian guys repeatedly drove up and down Robson calling everyone f*ggots while they filmed it on their camera phones

good times

Maybe they needed a 5th to fill the middle seat in the back?

Being serious, yeah, not cool. Also, be safe if anyone's going to midnight launches. Take a cab home or something, dudes.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hey folks. Would one of you be able to assist me on getting a code to gift a game on iOS to someone in Canada? The lack of cross-region gifting is shitty and annoying. I want to buy Tanto Cuore for my wife. I can Paypal you the cost. I'd really appreciate it.

good times

What was it for? I was at the one for GTA 5 not too long ago. There were enough people in that lineup who would have reacted in a negative way for something like that to happen.

Just going to throw this out there for anyone interested in Knack on PS4.

EB Games has a $20 off coupon they are giving out at Sony events in the GTA. Just give the staff at your store the code EBC3003654 and the game will ring up at $39.99. The coupon expires January 2 so lots of time to take advantage of it.

...So I just walk up to the counter with Knack and give them the code? That seems kind of awkward. Is there a print out that we can use instead?

Dazzler

What was it for? I was at the one for GTA 5 not too long ago. There were enough people in that lineup who would have reacted in a negative way for something like that to happen.

Gears 3, so we're talking over two years ago...

Robson having 250 for non-preorders at midnight really backs up the idea that supply will be pretty generous. Also probably means anyone with a preorder will get one launch day

Hopefully resellers get torched on this

Anth0ny

Futureshop locations will have 25 consoles at launch for people without pre-orders at 8am

A handful will open at midnight and have at least 100 or 250 consoles not reserved

Good luck

Hmm, I remember my local Best Buy had 17 PS3s at launch, and 83 Wiis. Both were capped by 2am, so good luck to anyone without a pre order!

Not all that excited about ps4 launch, so I'm ok with waiting for my fs.ca ps4 sometime on Friday or even Monday. But there's something about waiting outside in the cold for a new console that's just... Fun :)

Island

Anyone here have any experience of preordering consoles from future shop? I'm wondering what the chances are of getting my PS4 delivered on the 15th... (COD just shipped but it says delivery on the 6th, that means if my PS4 is delayed I wouldn't get it until the 18th)

Anyone here have any experience of preordering consoles from future shop? I'm wondering what the chances are of getting my PS4 delivered on the 15th... (COD just shipped but it says delivery on the 6th, that means if my PS4 is delayed I wouldn't get it until the 18th)

Honestly, anytime I preorder something online and choose the free shipping option, I temper any expectations of getting it on release day. That's why they offer more expensive options.

Depending on where you live, there's a chance of you getting it on day one. But considering it's a friday and how many they will be shipping, you can't be too surprised if it doesn't make it.

Island

Honestly, anytime I preorder something online and choose the free shipping option, I temper any expectations of getting it on release day. That's why they offer more expensive options.

Depending on where you live, there's a chance of you getting it on day one. But considering it's a friday and how many they will be shipping, you can't be too surprised if it doesn't make it.
Have you had better success with paying the extra shipping?

FrsDvl

Pay extra for shipping always meant for me I'd get it in the next day. Standard shipping 2 days. ( sometimes 1 if I get lucky) Canada posts estimated delivery isn't always right.

Top Bottom