• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

isny

napkin dispenser
Glad you're all getting so much amusement :) I generally deliver on my deals! Pillows and dildos, damn, I know how to find the good deals eh?

Sober

Glad you're all getting so much amusement :) I generally deliver on my deals! Pillows and dildos, damn, I know how to find the good deals eh?
Being a man, I don't have to buy any sex toys but to be fair I was surprised how cheap a dildo or some anal beads are. I mean, I saw a rabbit vibrator for like 35 bucks, I was expecting that shit to be like starting at 80 dollars at least. (dead serious)

Canon

Banned
I bought my 802a TV at Futureshop on the 10th of October. So I went in to FS today to ask if I could get this deal "price matched". She was really cool about it, and made a big note for whoever is working on the 15th to let me have my 3 free games and controller. Took a picture of the note in case it gets lost.

I'm excite for launch day!

Hopefully it isn't a hassle..
It says "online only." And I already price matched against a competitor, but this deal is much better.

Ugh, I'm gonna have to go in and ask if I can get this deal too.

any canadian here close to us border? I want to preorder link between worlds from bestbuy.ca but they wont ship to NA. I well pay for game and the extra shipping to states.

guys, check out really good nutrition bar deals.

just got mine in, but some of them are really really cheap!

1 of: Nutribar Original Chocolate Fudge 12-Pack [Health and Beauty]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
CDN$ 8.53

1 of: PowerBar Sport Energy Bar, Chocolate, 63g Bar, 12-Pack [Health and Beauty]
CDN$ 7.94

1 of: PowerBar Protein Plus Bar, Cookies and Cream, 61g Bar, 15-Pack [Health and Beauty]
CDN$ 13.43

1 of: Promax Nutrition Bar Nutty Butter Crisp 75 Gram [Health and Beauty]
CDN$ 8.55

1 of: Nutribar Original Mocha Almond 12-Pack [Health and Beauty]
CDN$ 4.27

1 of: Nutribar Original Chocolate Supreme Shake [Health and Beauty]
CDN$ 4.25

1 of: Nutribar Original Belgian Chocolate 12-Pack [Health and Beauty]
CDN$ 8.53

1 of: Promax Nutrition Bar Cookies n' Cream 75 Gram [Health and Beauty]
CDN$ 8.55

1 of: PowerBar Protein Plus Bar, Fudge Brownie, 61g Bar, 15-Pack [Health and Beauty]
CDN$ 13.43

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 77.48

DJ_Lae

Oh man, I didn't notice those ones, but I did order a couple of boxes of other ones. I was just at Costco today and passed on buying protein bars, so this is perfect. They're a good bit cheaper too.

edit - prices have jumped on some of them it seems. Same with a few other items. These cold pills, for example - I paid just over $3, they're back up close to $10 now.

Another after hours online sale at FutureShop.ca tonight starting at 8pm EDT.

y9kTahb.png

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/online-sale.aspx

Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting for the Wii U version to drop!

ordered!

Stat!

I can't stand how FutureShop doesn't reset passwords instantly. It's fairly ridiculous.Trying to get some 3DS games.

Cynar

any canadian here close to us border? I want to preorder link between worlds from bestbuy.ca but they wont ship to NA. I well pay for game and the extra shipping to states.

Bestbuy.ca ships no problem in NA. I have had no issues with them shipping in Canada at all.

FrsDvl

I migjt end up cancelling my preorder. I have one at FutureShop as well. Amazon returns isnt probably as easy as FS.

I got an email saying it is being shipped to Edmonton from Mississauga.

Does that mean PS4 ships from Mississauga too?

It depends on warehouse stock AFAIK. I've had them ship from both Mississauga and Richmond. 95% of the time they ship from Richmond though, so I wouldn't worry too much.

It depends on warehouse stock AFAIK. I've had them ship from both Mississauga and Richmond. 95% of the time they ship from Richmond though, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm in Calgary and almost 99% BB and FS ship from Richmond, except for some rare occasions when they ship from Mississauga!
I had another PS4 preordered in-store at EB to avoid that disappointment cause for all my E3 preorders I got the games one day at least after release date, people living near warehouses get them on time because stupid FS insist on shipping the day before release which is never enough for AB!

i dont know what you call it (hdmi spliter/switcher?) but since ill be buying a next gen console this month since my tv is already full of hdmi ports from the Wii U and PS3 do yall have any suggestions to any decent hdmi switch work around? thanks

I'm pretty sure FS and BB ship all their pre-owned games from Mississauga

Actually no, I got a used game last week from Richmond :)

i dont know what you call it (hdmi spliter/switcher?) but since ill be buying a next gen console this month since my tv is already full of hdmi ports from the Wii U and PS3 do yall have any suggestions to any decent hdmi switch work around? thanks

I bought This a couple weeks ago for the same reason, it does the job perfectly, there are 3-port cheaper ones but I thought a 5-port one is what I really needed!

Actually no, I got a used game last week from Richmond :)

I bought This a couple weeks ago for the same reason, it does the job perfectly, there are 3-port cheaper ones but I thought a 5-port one is what I really needed!

thanks man, think ill get this one. Oh and for the buttons on that remote i guess i can do it as

Button 1 - Xbox One
Button 2 Wii U aka Wii 2
Button 3 PS3
Button 4 PS4

;)

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty sure FS and BB ship all their pre-owned games from Mississauga

Used games just have more limited stock, so they ship it from wherever it's available. If a copy happens to be in the warehouse nearest you, then it'll get shipped from there.

Just incase i dont get the PS4 at the Target i work at, are there any canadian sites that might have a few PS4 consoles available to preorder? i kept hearing some sites had xbox one consoles on and off for preorder recently....

iphys

Shoppers is going to be doing their buy 2 gift cards totalling $150, get 8000 bonus points offer again Nov 9-15. Might be a good deal for paying off console pre-orders at other stores such as EB, although I usually stock up on just the Shoppers gift cards as well, since I shop there more than anywhere.

In the past I've seen Shoppers carry FS cards but not BB, although others got BB cards elsewhere in the country. Remind me again: is it that you can use FS cards at BB.ca, or BB cards at FS.ca, or either way works?

zroid

Banned
In the past I've seen Shoppers carry FS cards but not BB, although others got BB cards elsewhere in the country. Remind me again: is it that you can use FS cards at BB.ca, or BB cards at FS.ca, or either way works?

yeah, it's interchangeable. I think you can technically use them in-store too, it just depends on whether the clerk will accept it or not.

FrsDvl

Just spotted some PS3 uncharted bundles for 125$ in Edmonton at the Target in Millwoods
Plus some random games on clearance.

Dazzler

Guys, can Gift Cards be stacked for pre-orders on FS?

I currently have 4 GCs attached to my PS4 order and it only shows the info for the first one I entered

so I'm not sure if the others went through

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Guys, can Gift Cards be stacked for pre-orders on FS?

I currently have 4 GCs attached to my PS4 order and it only shows the info for the first one I entered

so I'm not sure if the others went through
Online order? Read this.

If payment includes use of a credit card or PayPal, you may use up to two (2) gift cards at the same time.
You cannot use more than one credit card or PayPal account at a time.
If payment is made with gift cards only, you may use up to three (3) gift cards.
Keep your redeemed gift cards until you receive your product(s).
Gift cards and eGift Cards must be purchased with a credit card, they cannot be purchased using PayPal. Order Gift Cards.
Gift Card balances can be combined onto a single card. Simply bring your gift cards to any of our stores and a Customer Service associate will be happy to combine multiple your gift cards into one card. Combining gift cards is available in-store only and not online.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help...ecurity&ReferringPageTitle=Help Category List

NolbertoS

Bestbuy.ca ships no problem in NA. I have had no issues with them shipping in Canada at all.

I think he's an American wanting somebody to order the game in canada and then ship to to the US. He probably heard about the Chest freebie that comes with the Link between Worlds. Bestbuy.ca doesn't ship to the US BTW

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think he's an American wanting somebody to order the game in canada and then ship to to the US. He probably heard about the Chest freebie that comes with the Link between Worlds. Bestbuy.ca doesn't ship to the US BTW
He knows exactly what the person wanted and was just being a smart ass.

iphys

Just checked Shoppers, and they had $100 FS cards, so I think what I'm going to do is 2 transactions of a $100 FS and $50 Shoppers gift card, and then use the FS cards towards my Zelda XL. That should get me 17,000 points, which are worth $40 on a good day.

Top Bottom