• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Dazzler

As long as they ship the console the day before launch I'll definitely get mine launch day

Have never ordered from FS and not received the product on launch day in Vancouver.

Perks of living close to the depot in Richmond

Anyone here have any experience of preordering consoles from future shop? I'm wondering what the chances are of getting my PS4 delivered on the 15th... (COD just shipped but it says delivery on the 6th, that means if my PS4 is delayed I wouldn't get it until the 18th)

Calgarian and always get my stuff a day later than the release date, about a year ago I used to have better chances getting my stuff day one but apparently they just started a routine of shipping a bit later to avoid delivery before street date and now I never get anything day one!
That's why I went with a EB in-store preorder to make sure I spend the night with it lol
You better shed a little bit more money and get the faster shipping option!

Firestorm

Does anybody have any recommendations on computer chairs? I see Staples has a sale right now. I spend a lot of time on my computer at home. Use it for gaming, tv watching, and normal work (design / video editing / word processing / etc).

L3E2

My gosh I'm really starting to regret not preordering a PS4. At the time of preorders I didn't think I had any money, but now I have the funds and want one so bad! I'm really on the fence about waiting in line for one, waiting in line two days for a PS3 at launch was hell.

Are there any other Calgarians here thinking about waiting in line for one? Or am I the only sucker out there? Lol.

My gosh I'm really starting to regret not preordering a PS4. At the time of preorders I didn't think I had any money, but now I have the funds and want one so bad! I'm really on the fence about waiting in line for one, waiting in line two days for a PS3 at launch was hell.

Are there any other Calgarians here thinking about waiting in line for one? Or am I the only sucker out there? Lol.

I'm waiting in line to pick my preorder at EB Games Chinook mall :)
You can pick a Platinum Edge Card, it may improve your chances!

Just to be clear, no one has had any PS4 game shipped to them from Future Shop yet, correct? I see my store has Knack in stock, and I just find it a bit odd that they are selling it in store yet not shipping out online preorders

Dazzler

Just to be clear, no one has had any PS4 game shipped to them from Future Shop yet, correct? I see my store has Knack in stock, and I just find it a bit odd that they are selling it in store yet not shipping out online preorders

My COD Ghosts PS4 shipped today

COD Ghosts is pretty much the only online preorder game that started shipping AFAIK!
Probably DS4s, KZ:SF and Knack will follow this week!

Has anyone's Best Buy PS4 games started shipping, too? I guess it's just CoD right now, but even so!

I assume Best Buy/Futureshop go off of the same schedule, but just curious.

I was in FS in Vancouver yesterday and they have the DS4, vertical stand and headset out for display and sale

Which headset are you referring to?

You can resell the ps3 ghosts it would at least be worth 30 bucks thats if you don't mind hving the game digitally. my bad about double post

What do you mean by that? If you mean you can get the PS4 digital copy for 10$ then sell the PS3 copy, you're mistaken! You will have to keep the PS3 copy in the PS4 as long as you're playing!

Dazzler

Which headset are you referring to?

What do you mean by that? If you mean you can get the PS4 digital copy for 10$ then sell the PS3 copy, you're mistaken! You will have to keep the PS3 copy in the PS4 as long as you're playing!

very basic $24.99 offering

one foam earpiece and a microphone

You can resell the ps3 ghosts it would at least be worth 30 bucks thats if you don't mind hving the game digitally. my bad about double post

I could be wrong, but as far as I know you need to have the PS3 disc in the PS4 to play it. I don't have any proof, I just heard that somewhere on the ol' internet.

Can anyone prove or disprove that?

I could be wrong, but as far as I know you need to have the PS3 disc in the PS4 to play it. I don't have any proof, I just heard that somewhere on the ol' internet.

Can anyone prove or disprove that?

I'm sure about that and you can read this on Sony's website in the details of the upgrade offer!

They just charged me for Knack so I assume that'll be out tonight too!

Not yet for me, I guess it'll happen within a couple days!

farisr

They just charged me for Knack so I assume that'll be out tonight too!

Yeah I think I just got charged for Knack as well. I don't expect it to go out tonight, but luckily, even if the package is sent out in the morning tomorrow, I receive it around noon, or 5pm at the most.

Heck when I put in my postal code, they don't even give me options aside from the free shipping ones anymore. I recall they used to give me options before and I tried it (didn't make a difference since I live so close).

So yeah, really hoping that's how it'll be for the PS4. That it gets shipped out on the night of the 14th and I receive it friday morning/around noon.

FrsDvl

I just looked on the FS website and Killzone has a changed release date. it was scheduled for the 5th but now it's the 6th.

Yeah, it showed as Out of Stock earlier at BestBuy, but they changed date as well. Probably will be in this week though i'd think.

My DS4 shipped from BB :D

Any idea when Wii Fit U trial will be released on the e-shop?
My balance board got delivered today and I'm ready to give it a try!

Any word on what the process is with Best Buy handling the Xbox One Pre-orders? Put fifty down back at the beginning of September while they seemed to still have plenty of pre-orders open. Would like to know if I should even bother showing up for the midnight in a few weeks.

nordique

I'm gonna wait till after Xmas, whenever the rush dies down (be it early 2014 or not).

I have a ton to get through on PS3 and 3DS still, got a PS4 controller to mess around with in the meantime.

I hate lines...but then again I'm in no rush.

chrono01

I actually cancelled my PS4 pre-order last night. I've been holding onto it for a while but when I took into considering that none of the launch titles interested me, and the fact that I have more than enough content on my PS3, Wii U and 3DS right now, the choice was simple. I wasn't interested in purchasing it to sell for an easy profit, either. I've never been a fan of that sort of thing.

I might pick up a Vita 1000, though, just in-case the older models are phased out in-exchange for the LED ones. Maybe Boxing Day will have some great deals, I know they did last year.

I might pick up a Vita 1000, though, just in-case the older models are phased out in-exchange for the LED ones. Maybe Boxing Day will have some great deals, I know they did last year.

If you're open to buying used you can score a good deal off Kijiji, I've been wanting a white Vita for sometime especially when they didn't release any of them except AC:L bundle which is out if print for a while, any way I just bought a white Vita very lightly used, comes with AC:L, 4gb and 16gb memory cards for 160$.

chrono01

If you're open to buying used you can score a good deal off Kijiji, I've been wanting a white Vita for sometime especially when they didn't release any of them except AC:L bundle which is out if print for a while, any way I just bought a white Vita very lightly used, comes with AC:L, 4gb and 16gb memory cards for 160$.
Thanks for the tip, but I prefer to purchase my consoles [especially handhelds] new. I treat them too well to trust in someone else's [I immediately use a carrying case and apply a screen protector to the screen prior to use].

Honestly, the $199.99 price-tag right now isn't bad at all, but I can see it getting a decent sale this coming holidays, or maybe in a new bundle.

Thanks for the tip, but I prefer to purchase my consoles [especially handhelds] new. I treat them too well to trust in someone else's [I immediately use a carrying case and apply a screen protector to the screen prior to use].

Honestly, the $199.99 price-tag right now isn't bad at all, but I can see it getting a decent sale this coming holidays, or maybe in a new bundle.

You will probably be looking at 150$ for one of the current bundles but you're gonna need a bigger memory card than the 4gb one they include! If you bought at SDM on a 20X points day it's a pretty good deal, I had to go the used route cause I wanted a white one, I still have my first edition vita, and to buy a new white one off eBay for 300$+ was not an option for me!

zroid

Banned
I'm gonna wait till after Xmas, whenever the rush dies down (be it early 2014 or not).

I have a ton to get through on PS3 and 3DS still, got a PS4 controller to mess around with in the meantime.

I hate lines...but then again I'm in no rush.

Kinda in the same boat as you, haha. I actually want to get a DS4 too. I was impressed with the list of supported PS3 games; having something shiny and new to use might actually encourage me to play through some of my own backlog. :p

i-Jest

If you don't find a good enough deal on kijij then try Amazon. Don't let the prices intimidate you. You can can always haggle for a lower price. I contacted the dude selling this, he was open to negotiations:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00AFLA0ZE/

Magnus

Wow, trying to use the free digital sub to Game Informer that came with this platinum EB Edge card. What a gigantic piece of shit. This viewer only has two settings, zoomed way the fuck out, and zoomed way the fuck in (with low-res text and images, wtf?). I assumed my first digital magazine (in 2013 no less) was going to be an elegant experience, perhaps even as part of Newsstand, but instead I'm forced to work clumsily with a shitty in-browser PDF viewer.

Sucks. I really like GI too.

Wow, trying to use the free digital sub to Game Informer that came with this platinum EB Edge card. What a gigantic piece of shit. This viewer only has two settings, zoomed way the fuck out, and zoomed way the fuck in (with low-res text and images, wtf?). I assumed my first digital magazine (in 2013 no less) was going to be an elegant experience, perhaps even as part of Newsstand, but instead I'm forced to work clumsily with a shitty in-browser PDF viewer.

Platinum EB Edge card?

Just received it via email. Going to give it a shot on my iPad Mini.

Never tried the desktop browser but I really like the android app one, looks/works great on my TouchPad.

It's the new membership. It gives them an excuse to raise the price from 5 to 15 dollars a year.

The $15 version is a lot better though and includes VIP lines for next gen consoles and other launch events.

They now offer a free one too that has a bunch of decent perks as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The $15 version is a lot better though and includes VIP lines for next gen consoles and other launch events.

They now offer a free one too that has a bunch of decent perks as well.
The PS4 line is going to be hilarious. lol
The problem is that, ever since the e3 deals, my shopping at EB has dropped precipitously. For 5 bucks, it was a nice impulse purchased on the rare chance I bought a used game once or twice a year. For 15, I'm not really considering it at all.

Top Bottom