• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Well, fuck.

Apparently there was a code on a receipt for activating my Gameinformer subscription. I had no idea. Dumped the receipt days ago.

Hey guys, got an update on PS4's at shop.ca

We're going to have a PS4 + Killzone + PS Plus bundle going up on the site in a couple of days. It's going to ship first week of December.

We've got the $25 sign up bonus and $25 paypal bonus among other promotions that can be stacked on top of the PS4 purchase.

isny

napkin dispenser

We're going to have a PS4 + Killzone + PS Plus bundle going up on the site in a couple of days. It's going to ship first week of December.

We've got the $25 sign up bonus and $25 paypal bonus among other promotions that can be stacked on top of the PS4 purchase.

Since you've been repping for the site, why did I only have my two copies of Wind Waker shipped to me but not my filler item? I actually wanted the filler item! (And customer service isn't replying to my messages.)

Since you've been repping for the site, why did I only have my two copies of Wind Waker shipped to me but not my filler item? I actually wanted the filler item! (And customer service isn't replying to my messages.)

They are a little backlogged. We got a bunch of requests since the 24th PayPal email, and they've beefed up our support team so that they can catch up and eventually keep on top of the increased requests.

If you PM me your order number I might be able to look at it deeper but just at a surface level, different suppliers ship their items separately. You'll never get items that ship from different suppliers coming in one package. Also, different items take different numbers of days to ship. It's mentioned on the product page under the add to cart button), so it's also possible that your filler item will take longer to ship.

isny

napkin dispenser
They are a little backlogged. We got a bunch of requests since the 24th PayPal email, and they've beefed up our support team so that they can catch up and eventually keep on top of the increased requests.

If you PM me your order number I might be able to look at it deeper but just at a surface level, different suppliers ship their items separately. You'll never get items that ship from different suppliers coming in one package. Also, different items take different numbers of days to ship. It's mentioned on the product page under the add to cart button), so it's also possible that your filler item will take longer to ship.

Pm'ed. I was just confused as my e-mail said all the items had shipped and only the games were received.

My gosh I'm really starting to regret not preordering a PS4. At the time of preorders I didn't think I had any money, but now I have the funds and want one so bad! I'm really on the fence about waiting in line for one, waiting in line two days for a PS3 at launch was hell.

Are there any other Calgarians here thinking about waiting in line for one? Or am I the only sucker out there? Lol.

I just moved to Edmonton, I might have an extra PS4 being shipped to my way. Not sure yet, my cousin wants one too, so can't tell if I have an extra console just yet.

However, it is from Amazon, I heard they ship a bit late compared to the others.

ohlawd

If you don't find a good enough deal on kijij then try Amazon. Don't let the prices intimidate you. You can can always haggle for a lower price. I contacted the dude selling this, he was open to negotiations:

He better be cuz that price is no good.

How long we talkin'?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My used copy of Lego City from Futureshop came with a Club Nintendo code. Both it and the Zombi U discs look to be in perfect condition, although the boxart for LC:U is ripped a bit.

L3E2

Hahaha oh man, I'm so conflicted right now with all these different posts in this thread.

I'm gonna wait till after Xmas, whenever the rush dies down (be it early 2014 or not).

I have a ton to get through on PS3 and 3DS still, got a PS4 controller to mess around with in the meantime.

I hate lines...but then again I'm in no rush.

I know I can wait till after Xmas but with time off from school for a couple of weeks I know that I'm going to want one even though I have such a bad backlog. I'm the big gamer out of my friends so constantly I'm guessing asked if I'm excited about PS4, such a big surprise on their faces when I tell them that I never preordered, it's hilarious. And yeah, lines suck, especially in winter. I waited in line 10 minutes last night for Call of Duty and I was freezing. I don't think I can handle a day of that waiting in the cold for a PS4.

I actually cancelled my PS4 pre-order last night. I've been holding onto it for a while but when I took into considering that none of the launch titles interested me, and the fact that I have more than enough content on my PS3, Wii U and 3DS right now, the choice was simple. I wasn't interested in purchasing it to sell for an easy profit, either. I've never been a fan of that sort of thing.

I might pick up a Vita 1000, though, just in-case the older models are phased out in-exchange for the LED ones. Maybe Boxing Day will have some great deals, I know they did last year.

Good on you for not wanting to scalp it, leaves it for people who actually want one. When I camped in line for PS3 there were a bunch of guys only doing it for profit, which normally wouldn't make me angry, but they came 6 hours after we did and said they were going to get one no matter what. A janitor accidentally opened the door to the mall which caused a crowd of 30+ people to dash to the EB Games in the mall. I went from first to sixth, it didn't hit me that people were leaving one line to form a new one. Luckily I got mine on launch day but my friends who actually wanted one had to wait until the next shipment.

Ahhhhhh.. I want it! Any rough estimate like if it'd be during this week or not?

I just moved to Edmonton, I might have an extra PS4 being shipped to my way. Not sure yet, my cousin wants one too, so can't tell if I have an extra console just yet.

However, it is from Amazon, I heard they ship a bit late compared to the others.

Please let me know if you get an extra, I'd gladly drive up to Edmonton to buy it off you! If not, no biggie. I'm sure waiting a couple of months till I can find one on store shelves wouldn't be that big of a deal. I want one mostly cause it's new and shiny lol.

It's the new membership. It gives them an excuse to raise the price from 5 to 15 dollars a year.

Honestly I don't see it that bad, having a bit of priority when I go to pick my PS4 up midnight is enough for me, plus it gives you a 10$ extra trade in credit with any trade in, so you basically get most of your money back very quickly!

soultron

Banned
Anyone in here trying to offload their Vita games? I'd buy depending on what you're offering.

I own KZ Mercenary, but that's it.

kurahadol

Futureshop has the release date of Killzone Shadow Fall set for tomorrow, hope they ship it. Even though I can't play it, I just want that gem in my hands.

flkraven

I have a friend at a gaming shop offering me a used Vita + $15 in game credit for $140. Good deal? Vita seems to be in great condition.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly I don't see it that bad, having a bit of priority when I go to pick my PS4 up midnight is enough for me, plus it gives you a 10$ extra trade in credit with any trade in, so you basically get most of your money back very quickly!
IIRC, that's only for the first sign up I believe. If they gave you 10 bucks every year renewed, and you trade in games often, then it might make sense at that point. I'm like the worst costumer though... I only buy niche Japanese games new, which means they probably make like a buck on me on each game, even though I buy often from them. lol

Hmm, i can't find info for it on their site. What are the "benefits"?
I can't remember, but it's stuff like they'll hold your pre-order for longer and the usually 10% trade-in/used game thing.

Damn. Getting a missed deliver from purolator is sure messed up. I will never ever buy online from ebgames again.
I hate couriers with a passion. They're great for businesses, but shit for private mail.

Alternatively, if you don't care about the possibility of your package getting stolen, you could get one of those stickers that say that you are okay with them leaving the package at your door if you are not home to answer it.

Lexxism

Hmm, i can't find info for it on their site. What are the "benefits"?
I can't remember, but it's stuff like they'll hold your pre-order for longer and the usually 10% trade-in/used game thing.

Edge card benefits

I hate couriers with a passion. They're great for businesses, but shit for private mail.

Alternatively, if you don't care about the possibility of your package getting stolen, you could get one of those stickers that say that you are okay with them leaving the package at your door if you are not home to answer it.

It's funny that they brought my package to 800 Kipling Avenue. That's 1h worth of travel from my place(Just one way!). Good thing the csr let me change the location to somewhere closer to my place.

Where can I find those stickers you were talking about?

Well, fuck.

Apparently there was a code on a receipt for activating my Gameinformer subscription. I had no idea. Dumped the receipt days ago.

I checked my receipt and I don't see any activation fee on it.

soultron

Banned
I have a friend at a gaming shop offering me a used Vita + $15 in game credit for $140. Good deal? Vita seems to be in great condition.

Where are you located?

I picked up an open box Vita (basic Wifi, no card or game bundle) and it was basically mint condition from a big box store for the same price. Quote for more details, don't want RFD to see.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's funny that they brought my package to 800 Kipling Avenue. That's 1h worth of travel from my place(Just one way!). Good thing the csr let me change the location to somewhere closer to my place.

Where can I find those stickers you were talking about?
You get it from them directly. Basically you sign a form that says "if your shit gets stolen, you are SOL" and then you get a sticker that you can put on the door that they scan. The sticker serves as your signature on the package.

I think Fedex and UPS also offer something similar.

So got this week's Target flyer and they are advertising the US deal but only show Wii, 3DS, 360 and PS3 games =/ So not sure if it applies to PS4 or Xbone as well.

V3EuWsZl.jpg

Zing

Banned
I received my used Lego City Undercover from the futureshop 50% sale. It is mint condition with club Nintendo code. Nice.

Tik-Tok

So got this week's Target flyer and they are advertising the US deal but only show Wii, 3DS, 360 and PS3 games =/ So not sure if it applies to PS4 or Xbone as well.

V3EuWsZl.jpg

God I hope this is for PS4 games.

Do some games release today and some on Friday or is it next Tuesday and next Friday? Or is it this Friday and next Tuesday?

So confused.

Anth0ny

V3EuWsZl.jpg

I can't even think of 3 games worth $40 a pop at this point... nothing on PS4 or Xbone even interest me right now. I'll wait til Knack or Killzone are like $20 before checking them out lol

3 3DS games would be like $27 a pop... hmmm.....

Haines

Banned
I see Mario 3D comes out on a friday.

I sure hope my copy will come in the mail from FS E3 deal on Friday and not Monday :O

V3EuWsZl.jpg

So 2 plus 1 on all games nationwide for the 360/PS3?

Might get GTA, Batman and I know that my friend wants AC IV/BF4.

This is hot.

Please let me know if you get an extra, I'd gladly drive up to Edmonton to buy it off you! If not, no biggie. I'm sure waiting a couple of months till I can find one on store shelves wouldn't be that big of a deal. I want one mostly cause it's new and shiny lol.

Yeah for sure, will keep you posted.

Did anyone get their PS4 version of COD: Ghosts yet?

Mine is on the way, for some reason it is being shipped from Mississauga to Edmonton.

Mikey Jr.

lol...what the hell?

Looks like BestBuy is the same:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/ps4.aspx

Good thing I pre-ordered at EB.

Yep, I fucked up. Last time I am ordering anything from them with a midnight launch. Fucking Playstation 4 and they have 4 midnight launches.

EB games has like a million.

Ohh, but there open at 8am!! Awesome! Not like I go to work or anything like everyone else.

Just annoys me because I'll be at work the whole day. Was going to get up at like 5am and just play till I had to go to work. Blehhh.

Napophis

Has anyone been contacted by EB yet for the PS4 Launch that preordered? Getting nervous they won't get enough in :( I was told i was 31 on the list.

Dazzler

An email from FS to say my PS4 pre-order will be shipped around launch day would be nice too

Have no idea where I stand on it

Has anyone been contacted by EB yet for the PS4 Launch that preordered? Getting nervous they won't get enough in :( I was told i was 31 on the list.

I talked to a guy at my EB a couple of weeks back. The store had 290 preorders at that point he seemed confident that they were going to get 200 of them in. His feeling was that if they were getting the majority of them in he would phone the people who aren't getting a PS4 because it would be a shorter list.

Any word on EB having Killzone: SF tomorrow? They told me it would be in this week.

V3EuWsZl.jpg

Can you check the fine print? If it doesn't apply to PS4 it'll say "Only for X360, PS3 etc etc" down there.

Big Chungus

I have no idea how the customer service works at futureshop.ca...

I email them asking about the status of my order and they reply telling me that they tried charging my card a month ago and it was declined.

I phoned my credit card company and they said they haven't received any sort of transaction authorization from futureshop.

So I call futureshop and the people there have no idea what i'm talking about.

Don't they have any sort of documentation process?!

kurahadol

I have no idea how the customer service works at futureshop.ca...

I email them asking about the status of my order and they reply telling me that they tried charging my card a month ago and it was declined.

I phoned my credit card company and they said they haven't received any sort of transaction authorization from futureshop.

So I call futureshop and the people there have no idea what i'm talking about.

Don't they have any sort of documentation process?!
I worry about my order too, I had to call in to get them to force change my billing address because it won't let me change anything at all on any of my pre-orders. Praying that this somehow doesn't screw up my PS4 preorder.

I feel like my Killzone should've been charged/shipped by now too but still nothing.

Dazzler

I had to call them on Sunday because their messed up website wouldn't let me change payment info. It's a shambles of a site

I say this as someone who worked at HQ and loved it

Can you check the fine print? If it doesn't apply to PS4 it'll say "Only for X360, PS3 etc etc" down there.

Fine Print: Offer excludes all Skylanders and Disney Infinity. Transactions must include 3 different game titles. Limit 1 of each title per transaction. Lowest-price game will be free. Items must be purchased together. Free item processed at register. Quantities limited, no rain checks.

Fine Print: Offer excludes all Skylanders and Disney Infinity. Transactions must include 3 different game titles. Limit 1 of each title per transaction. Lowest-price game will be free. Items must be purchased together. Free item processed at register. Quantities limited, no rain checks.

Is that for new games like BF4 and COD Ghosts as well?

We are good to go on PS4 games then.

Is that for new games like BF4 and COD Ghosts as well?

Yup! Any game that isn't Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

So FS and BB combined will have midnight launches at only 4 provinces?!!! WTF is this??
I have my preorder with EB anyway but it's really annoying that they would open bazillion stores midnight and give away T-shirts and stuff for 50 people at each for freakin COD and only 8 stores nationwide for PS4!!!

i-Jest

He better be cuz that price is no good.

How long we talkin'?

He got back to me a day later.

All my YIS goes into this :) I will be checking the PS4 page on the site religiously for the next little bit. BTW how should I go about signing up for Paypal. What are some things I should be aware of?

UberTag

So FS and BB combined will have midnight launches at only 4 provinces?!!! WTF is this??
I have my preorder with EB anyway but it's really annoying that they would open bazillion stores midnight and give away T-shirts and stuff for 50 people at each for freakin COD and only 8 stores nationwide for PS4!!!
But COD is bigger than PS4.

Top Bottom